PRESSURE

By Nova_Lynnnn

Sabian 'Sire the Don' Savage is in the prime of his career, as his music is reigning on the top of the charts... More

✨ Cast ✨
✨Chapter 1: The Don
✨ Chapter 2: Prancer
✨ Chapter 3: Move me
✨ Chapter 4: Family Feuds
✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals
✨Chapter 6: Man of the Night
✨Chapter 7: Control
✨Chapter 8: New friends, Same family
✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends
✨Chapter 10: Damage Control
✨ Chapter 11: In the Mix
✨Chapter 12: A Dangerous Game
✨Chapter 13: Mo' Problems
✨ Chapter 14: Soul Sisters
✨ Chapter 15: Diss-Appointments
✨Chapter 16: Family Business
✨ Chapter 17: Opportunties
✨ Chapter 18: Need to Know
✨ Chapter 19: On my own
✨Chapter 20: Me and You
✨Chapter 21: Trapped
✨ Chapter 22: Life is good
✨Chapter 24: Moving On.
✨ Chapter 25: Opening Night
✨Chapter 26: Changes
✨Chapter 27: All Hell Breaks Loose
✨Chapter 28: The Aftermath
✨Chapter 29: Leveling Up
✨Chapter 30: Grand Gestures And New Beginnings
✨Chapter 31: I'd Follow You Anywhere
✨Chapter 32: Family Ties
✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After
✨Epilogue

✨ Chapter 23: Three's Company

9K 699 482
By Nova_Lynnnn

"Aiight I got the breakfast, check, the flowers, check —"

"Desperateness, check." Sienna giggled, approaching her brother from behind.

Turning around with the breakfast tray in his hand, Sabian rolled his eyes in his head at the sight of his sister. Sienna grabbed an apple from the glass bowl in the middle of the island, bringing it to her mouth to take a bite.

"I'm just joking, sheesh." She put her hands up.

"I'm happy someone gets to be in a good mood, it's been a week and I'm still in the dog house." Sabian shook his head, "I'm hoping today I can make things better."

It had been a week since Sabian dropped the news to Kadence about his upcoming tour, and it was safe to say that she still hadn't accepted the news completely. While she didn't shut him out, Sabian could tell that her vibe was different.

She used dance as an excuse for why she couldn't call or see him the entire week, but with her dance recital coming up - Sabian figured she was in grind mode. He wasn't the type to be clingy, so he gave her the space she needed to clear her head.

"Just give her time, how would you feel if you had to watch her be lovey dovey with another man?" Sienna gave her brother a knowing look.

Sabian frowned, "Spare me the lecture sis, Kay ain't been as easy on me as you think...but that's all about to change." he said with a sneaky smile.

Grabbing everything he needed from the counter, he headed upstairs to his bedroom where he left Kadence fast asleep. After avoiding him for the entire week, she finally gave in to his pleas for her to come spend the night with him although she was still feeling emotionally distant.

"What's this?" Kadence smiled tiredly, waking up just in time as her surprise arrived.

"Just a little something to get your day started, you know what today is right?" Sabian smirked as he placed the tray over her lap.

She sighed, "Of course I do, a stressful one."

"Not if I can help it, can I have a morning kiss though?" He poked his lips out.

"Mhhh I don't know, did you brush your teeth yet?"

"Nah, but you didn't either. I can feel that heat from up here" Sabian joked, "Come on, don't leave me hanging."

Kadence playfully rolled her eyes, puckering her lips out to meet Sabian's. She looked down at the breakfast he had prepared for her that consisted of all her favorites, along with a bouquet of sunflowers that brought a smile to her face.

"Thank you Si, you didn't have to do this." She said as she smelled the flowers.

"I wanted to, I know today is a big day for you."

"That it is, I'm gonna hurry and eat this so I can get going."

"Sounds good, I'ma take this call real quick. Holla if you need anything." said Sabian as he felt his phone began to ring, hoping it was Cash with good news.

He stepped out of the room, making sure he was out of earshot before answering.

"Everything good?" He asked first thing.

"Damn nigga, can I get a hello?" Cash kissed his teeth, "A good morning maybe. I am the one out here setting up a surprise for your girl."

Sabian rolled his eyes into his head.

"But yeah, everything is good. The owner said the joint will be shut down and ready for us at six. The party shop said the custom balloons and all that will be ready at one. That's cool?"

"Yeah that's perfect. I appreciate it bro, soon as I get some free time I'll meet you over there. I got some business to handle first." Sabian replied.

"Aiight, talk to you later."

The friends disconnected their call, leaving Sabian both happy and relieved that his plan was running smoothly. Since he couldn't be there in person to see Kadence perform, he wanted to make sure that afterwards she knew how much she meant to him.

Their relationship was far from the norm, and he was well aware that their certain circumstances had them on the rocks. But he liked to consider himself an optimist, and could only hope things would work themselves out.

Making his way back into the bedroom, Sabian could hear the shower water running in his private bathroom. Kadence's breakfast was partially finished and set aside, telling him that she had stepped away to take her morning shower.

"Uht, what are you doing?" Kadence gave him a spiked brow as he climbed in with her moments later.

"Saving water, you know me. Resourceful." Sabian smirked handsomely.

He was well aware that Kadence wasn't really feeling him despite her tolerant attitude, but that wouldn't stop him from trying. Ever since he broke the news about the tour, it was like the two were on completely different wavelengths.

Kadence went from high energy and bubbly, to nonchalant and dismissive all within a week. It was as if she was forcing herself to stay with him, and he didn't want that. He just wanted her to be herself again.

"I guess" she said, turning back to the downpour of water, "And don't even think about sex, it's bad luck before a performance."

Sabian began to kiss along her neck, "Says who?"

"Everyone knows that, it's like...entertainer rule number one."

"You know usually I would never argue with you, but I think you're just coming up with excuses...maybe cause you're still mad at me?" He fished for an answer.

Kadence lathered up the soap on her lofa, "Who says I'm mad at you?"

"C'mon Kay, you talking to a nigga that knows you well. And I ain't talking about favorite colors and movies, I'm talking about ya heart; You've been distant."

"It's nothing, I'm just nervous about the show that's all. I've been busy all week rehearsing, you know that." she responded with half the truth.

Sabian shook his head, as he could tell what was really up. However he wouldn't pressure her into giving him a genuine answer. Maybe she was just busy and he was trippin.

"Aiight, you're right" he said shaking off his thoughts, "You've been working hard."

Kadence turned around to face him, draping her arms around his neck, "Yup, and it's gonna pay off tonight. I wish you could be there without getting in trouble from your girlfriend." She said sarcastically.

"Didn't I tell you about that? You're my one and only" Sabian kissed her lips, "Nothings gonna change that...not my team, not the media, and not your stank ass attitude."

Kadence yelped as he began to tickle her side, "Stop that, and my attitude is not stank." She giggled in between their kisses.

Sabian pulled her in closer to him, kissing her deeply instead of responding. Kadence loosened up, closing her eyes as she quickly became turned on by the way he touched her. She both hated and loved the way he could make her melt in his hands, even at times like that when she wanted to be indifferent.

Lifting her up, he locked her legs around his waist. Kadence threw her head back and moaned out loud from the way he licked and bit at her neck. She hissed the moment she felt his rock hard dick fill her up, stretching her walls with his girth.

"Mhhmm, damn baby." Sabian groaned.

Kadence bit down on her bottom lip, attempting to take everything he was giving her as he slid her up and down his pole. He smirked deviously at her expressions, stroking her in a rhythmic motion that caused shocks to run through her body.

"Cum on that dick baby" he whispered in her ear.

It didn't take long before he could feel her tighten around him, the shake of her legs telling him he did his job in the short amount of time.

"I told you no sex before a show Si" Kadence said as they finally strolled out of the bathroom, "Now I'm probably running late for practice."

"You wasn't saying that in there," he winked, "And I'll get my driver to take you."

"Thanks, now all I have to do is actually get ready."

"Ok well before you do that, there's just one more thing."

Sabian disappeared into his closet to find his next surprise. Meanwhile Kadence hurried around the room as she attempted to get ready for her hectic day ahead.

"Babe!" She shouted after him, "Have you seen my...tights. What's this?" She questioned the designer shopping bag in Sabian's hand.

"It's for you." he smiled.

"Si, you didn't —"

"I did...have to. Open it."

Kadence jokingly slit her eyes, reluctantly taking the bag from his hand and digging inside. Her eyes shot up at the velvet box, the packaging displaying nothing but luxury. Sabian watched nervously as she opened the present - revealing a diamond encrusted necklace in the shape of a ballerina.

"You're really doing damage control huh?" She smirked up at him.

"That...and I just happened to see it and thought of you. Turn around, let me put it on."

Kadence did as he said, pinning her hair up so Sabian could carefully place the necklace around her neck.

"I love it, thank you. But you know Si, material things don't solve everything."

"So is this you admitting that you are still upset?" He asked as she turned to face him.

"I'm not upset...but we do need to talk." She sighed, "After the show, I promise."

Sabian planted a kiss on her forehead, "Looking forward to it."

✨✨✨

It didn't take long for Sabian to get ready for the day ahead after Kadence was finally out of the house and on her way to prepare for her show. With another surprise lined up, he had to make sure everything was in order for later that night. Besides trying to get back in her good graces, Sabian went above and beyond because that was what he did for those he cared for.

Kadence was no doubt one of the hardest working people he knew, and just like him - her dream was her baby. The showcase would display a year of hard work with her students, and he wanted to celebrate that.

Pulling up to the downtown diner, Sabian let his driver know he would be back out soon. He didn't know how long the conversation ahead would take, but he hoped it wouldn't be like pulling teeth. He pulled out his phone as he entered the local spot, glancing back at the picture his assistance sent him so he could assure he was looking for the right man.

He zoned in on a brown skin man sitting alone in a booth, his eyes like daggers shooting straight to him - telling Sabian that was his guy.

"Cameron, am I right?" He asked, approaching the table.

Cameron stood to his feet, giving Sabian a handshake, "Sire the Don in the flesh, so my sister got pull like that now huh?" He snickered.

Sabian chuckled as they claimed their seats in the booth, "We've become close, Kay is a dear friend of mine."

"Trust me, I've heard" Cameron gave the famous man a knowing look.

"Right" he cleared his throat, "I'm happy you showed though."

"Shit, when thee Sire the Don's assistant reaches out to you personally - you don't wanna miss that. I'm just curious...what do you need from me?"

Kadence was big on family, just like Sabian. So the fact that she was at odds with them because of their rumored relationship, he felt it was his place to try to hopefully stitch things back together. Besides their own drama, he was sure that the turmoil with her family was causing Kadence to stress as well.

His assistant was one of the best, and within a few days notice she had come across Kadence's brother on social media and reached out per Sabian's instruction.

"Well today is Kay's showcase, I don't know if you knew —"

"Yeah I actually do know." Cameron replied defensively.

"Aiight, well do you plan on showing up?" Sabian asked.

"She didn't exactly invite me or anyone else in our family to attend, so."

"Maybe because of the way things ended last time, she feels like everyone is against her."

Cameron squinted his eyes, "She told you that?"

Sabian nodded, "Yeah, like I said...we're friends."

"C'mon, keep it G wit me" Cameron chuckled, "You and my sister, there's something going on. That's why she's acting so different. All in the media, being used as a prop for the beef between you and Taz - she deserves better than that."

"You're right, she does. I'm sure you're a smart man, you can't believe everything you see on these blogs."

"I also saw the video, you touch all your friends like that?"

Sabian laughed awkwardly, "It's called acting." He responded, although he knew it was far from it.

The body on me video was the trigger that started everything, but Cameron didn't need to know that.

"I have a little sister too, so I understand being protective; But like I said, me and Kadence have built a close business friendship. She's told me a lot about your family and how much you all mean to her. Since that argument, she hasn't been the same." Sabian continued.

"So you're coming to me as her friend, to make sure I show up to my sister's event? You're one hell of a friend." Cameron half scoffed half laughed, still not believing Sabian's front.

"Also, because I'm throwing her a surprise dinner afterwards. I rented out LA Prime for the night, so even if you can't make it to the show I'm sure she would love for you all to be there. Think about it."

Seeing the time on his watch, Sabian realized he had to go soon to meet up with Cash next.

"...How is she?" Cameron asked as Sabian stood to his feet.

Sabian shrugged, "Guess you gotta show up to find out. I gotta head out, but thanks for meeting up with me."

"No problem."

The men exchanged a handshake before departing. Sabian hoped his efforts would be enough to get her family or atleast her siblings to show for the event, but he wouldn't hold his breath.

He was proof that family could disappoint you time and time again.

"Oh my god sis that was amazing." Sienna said as Kadence made her way through the crowd of excited people.

"Thank you, and thank you so much for coming" Kadence embraced her, "Are these flowers for me?"

"Who else would they be for." Sienna smiled, handing Kadence the bouquet of yellow roses.

"Two bouquets of flowers in one day I must be on a roll" Kadence chuckled, "But seriously Si you didn't have to get me anything, you being here was enough."

"Girl please you deserve those flowers and so much more."

Kadence smiled.

"Oh and by the way a certain someone loved your performance." Sienna whispered.

Kadence's eyebrow shot up, "He was here?"

Sienna shook her head no, "He insisted on sitting on FaceTime the entire time though."

Kadence smiled once again, hearing that Sabian had sat on the phone just to watch her perform warmed her heart.

She wished more than anything that he could have been there, but after their talk last week and this morning she wasn't sure when he would be able to support her publicly and she knew that; That little fact played a huge role in why she wasn't as excited as she should've been after coming off stage.

Sensing her change in mood Sienna quickly changed the conversation, "So I have dinner reservations for us and before you ask, yes you have to go."

Kadence laughed, "I was actually going to ask if Deja could come too, we always go out together after performances and I don't want to leave her hanging."

"That's perfect because I was going to tell you to bring her anyway." Sienna said, "And I wasn't going to take no for an answer."

Kadence smiled, "Cool I'll go get her and we'll meet you outside?"

Sienna nodded.

Kadence began to make her way back towards the dressing rooms, stopping for a few hugs and pictures on the way.

"There you are I've been looking all over for you." Deja said.

"That's funny I was looking for you too, are your parents still here?" Kadence asked.

"No they left but they told me to give you their love."

Kadence nodded sadly.

"I'm sorry they didn't come Kay." Deja frowned.

"It's fine." Kadence said but the truth was she was far from fine. This was the first showcase her family had missed in years and it hurt to not see their faces in the crowd.

"So, nice flowers." Deja changed the subject, "Who are they from?"

"Sienna."

Deja scoffed, "Of course they are."

"Yeah and she also wants to take us to dinner, you down for that?"

"I don't know Kadence, it's usually just the two of us after big performances."

Kadence sighed, "I know that but I really want to celebrate with the both of you so please don't make me choose, not tonight."

"Okay fine let's go but I'm only doing this for you."

"I appreciate you." Kadence said, looping her arm through Deja's.

"As you should." Deja joked.

"Yeah whatever." Kadence laughed.

"Soooooo." Deja began.

"So?"

"Cash said he wants to talk to me some time this week."

"Oh yeah what do you think he wants to talk about?"

"I'm not sure but it seemed urgent, maybe he wants to stop playing games and give us a real chance."

"Hmm I don't know but whatever it is don't let it make or break you."

"What does that mean?" Deja frowned, "Do you know something?"

Kadence sighed, she knew she had promised Cash she would let him handle it first but it had been an entire week and he still hadn't gotten around to Deja and the secret was eating her alive.

"Look D~."

"Sexy number one and sexy number two lets goo!" Sienna shouted.

"She totally gets cool points for calling me sexy and the car is a nice touch too" Deja laughed, "Come on let's go celebrate."

"A car, really?" Kadence asked as the man held the door open for the three women, "What about our cars?"

"We'll come back and get them after dinner." Sienna replied.

"Champagne?" Deja asked.

"We're celebrating right?" Sienna asked as she popped the bottle of Moët and poured three glasses.

"Right." Deja said excitedly, accepting her glass.

"Cheers." Sienna said.

"Cheers."

The car grew silent as the three women drank from their glasses taking in the scenery of L.A. passing by.

"So where are we going?" Deja asked.

"LA Prime." Sienna answered..

Deja nodded approvingly, though she was a little envious of Sienna being able to afford to take Kadence to such a fancy establishment.

Deja wasn't rolling in money, but more so rolling in student loans and hospital bills due to her mom always being sick; And while she desired the finer things in life she couldn't always afford it unlike Sienna and Kadence who were blessed enough to belong to wealthy families.

Although Kadence always offered to help, Deja was raised to not take too many handouts from anyone because people always wanted something in return and she would rather be safe than sorry.

"Hey, you okay?" Kadence asked.

"Yeah I'm good," Deja said before downing the rest of her champagne.

"So Kay I had no idea you knew ballet." Sienna said, attempting to lighten the mood.

"Ha Kadence knows it all, hell I'm half Puerto Rican and she knows how to Salsa better than me." Deja giggled, helping herself to another glass of champagne.

Kadence smiled uneasily, "I wouldn't say I know it all but I know a fair amount."

"Okay that was a joke" Deja said, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm with my two favorite girls. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Well~." Sienna started.

"Oops looks like we're here." Kadence said as the car came to a stop.

"Time to wine and dine." Deja exclaimed, climbing out of the car.

Sienna laughed, "You know what she's not so bad after all."

Kadence smiled, "I told you."

"You girls coming or what?" Deja asked.

Both Sienna and Kadence laughed before climbing out of the car and following Deja into the fancy hotel.

"Is their steak as good as everyone says?" Deja asked as they headed up to the thirty fifth floor of The Westin.

"I'm not really a steak girl but their seafood platter is to die for." Sienna answered.

As the two continued to discuss food, Kadence checked her phone once more to see if Sabian had texted her back only to be disappointed that he hadn't.

Due to her still sorting out her own feelings, things were still weird between the two even after their impromptu sex session earlier that day and although she desperately wanted things to be normal again she had no idea where to start.

"How do you know if you're in love with someone?" Kadence asked, ceasing the conversation between the two women, "You know hypothetically speaking."

"You can't just spring this kind of conversation on us during a short elevator ride." Deja said just as the elevator doors opened.

"I guess you're right." Kadence said stepping off the elevator, her eyes immediately going wide as she rounded the small corner.

"Surprise!"

Kadence gazed around at the fancy restaurant decked out in purple, black and silver decorations before looking back at Sienna who had a wide smile on her face and her phone in her hand.

"You're so sneaky."

Sienna smiled, "In my defense I did say you deserved more than just flowers."

Kadence shook her head, "You guys spoil me."

"It's nothing that you don't deserve." Sienna said.

Deja nodded, "I agree."

Turning back around, Kadence made her way over to Sabian who she knew without a doubt had set all of this up - any bad feelings she had for him dissipating in that moment.

"You don't even know what that smile on your face is doing for me right now." Sabian said, pulling Kadence into a friendly hug, though he wanted to hold her tighter and kiss her until their lips were tired.

"Probably the same thing being in your arms is doing for me." Kadence whispered before reluctantly pulling away.

The two stared into each other's eyes carelessly forgetting that they weren't in the room alone, only making them wish that it had just been the two of them tonight.

"Go greet everyone, we'll get our time." Sabian said, feeling everyone's eyes on them.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Kadence nodded and began to make her rounds, starting with Madison and Crystal and ending with Cash whose eyes were locked on Deja and Sienna.

Kadence chuckled, "Didn't think this through did you?"

"I know that's your best friend but I didn't see her name on Don's list so I didn't know if she would be here."

Kadence shrugged, "You should've known she would be here."

"I guess you're right." Cash sighed, "So what
do I do now, I told her we needed to talk but right now is definitely not the time."

"Well you definitely shouldn't stand over here looking like you saw a ghost, it's not like anyone here knows outside of me you and Sienna so just play it cool like you've been doing and I'll make sure that Deja doesn't blow your cover but you're taking her to breakfast tomorrow, deal?"

Cash sighed a breath of relief, "Deal K Dawg."

"What y'all two over here talking about?" Sienna asked, startling the two.

"How beautiful you look tonight," Cash smirked, "Think you can sneak away."

"And that's my cue." Kadence said walking away and heading to the bar where Deja stood alone with a drink already in hand.

"Those two seem awfully close." Deja said, her eyes glued on Sienna and Cash who were too busy laughing to realize they were being watched.

Kadence shrugged, "They've known each other a long time D."

Deja shook her head, "You're right I guess I'm just being paranoid but I can't help it. He doesn't even care that I'm here."

"Look I hate seeing you like this D and I know you probably don't want to hear this right now, but you should be giving your time to someone who doesn't treat you like an option."

"God you're so confusing Kay, do you like him or not?"

"Do I like cash yes, do I like him for you..no."

"You know what, you were right. I don't want to hear that right now and I honestly don't want to talk about it anymore."

Kadence sighed, "Fine."

"Two shots of Hennessy please." Deja said.

"Make those double shots." Kadence added.

The bartender nodded, handing them shots and they each quickly downed the brown liquor.

"Now I'm going to freshen up and when I get back we're going to have fun the Deja and Kadence way." Deja said before skipping off to the bathroom leaving Kadence alone to take in the scene around her.

Everyone in the room meant something to her and even though they weren't her blood family each of them had proven themselves to her on more than one occasion and she appreciated them for it.

"Penny for your thoughts." Sienna said, filling Deja's empty spot at the bar.

"I'm just really happy you know." Kadence said, "Meeting you and Si has been one of the best things that's happened to me and I know I'm not super sentimental about everything but I appreciate you guys."

"Aww Kay we feel the same way about you, it's been just Sabe and I for a long time and it's like you came out of nowhere and completed us."

Kadence smiled, "Who said you couldn't create your own family?"

"I don't know but they were dead wrong." Sienna said and the two women shared a laugh.

"What y'all over here laughing about?" Sabian asked, appearing out of nowhere with Cash right behind him.

"Oh nothing just how we've been here for about twenty minutes now and still don't have no food." Sienna laughed.

"Ha ha big head I was just coming over here to tell y'all the foo~." Sabian was suddenly cut off by Deja who forcefully pushed past both Sabian and Cash.

Her face was bright red and she looked as if she was out for blood, specifically Kadence's.

"Girl you need to learn how to say excuse me." Sienna mugged Deja.

"Yeah and I guess you need to learn how to keep your legs closed to other people's men." Deja spat, returning the same menacing stare Sienna was giving her.

Kadence's heart began to beat profusely as she already knew exactly where this conversation was going, but she couldn't figure out how Deja found out about Cash and Sienna in the two minutes she had been gone.

"Look I don't know who your man is sweetheart but I can assure you my sister doesn't know him." Sabian said, attempting to diffuse the situation before it even began.

"You know that's funny because this sure looks like her on the shaderoom with him." Deja said pointing her finger at Cash.

The room grew silent as everyone let the news sink in. Kadence immediately regretted ever mixing the two groups of people and wanted more than anything to disappear, while Cash hated that the news came out the way it did - ultimately making it look like he had been playing his best friend's little sister all along when that was far from the case.

"Everybody quiet now huh" Deja asked, "Hello Cash you gonna say something!?"

"What you want me to say Deja, you not my girl so this scene you just made was unnecessary." Cash shook his head.

"Oh so you really were fucking with her?" Sienna asked, now shooting daggers at Cash, "Really Kareem?

"Fuck all that, y'all two been fucking with each other?" Sabian asked Sienna and Cash, who knew there was nothing they could say to justify the secret they had kept.

"Bro let me explain." Cash said to Sabian whose face hadn't changed from the shocked expression since Deja dropped her bomb.

"It's really not that much to explain you've been slutting his little sister out" Deja smirked, "Did I explain it right?"

"D that's enough." Kadence cut in.

"Why?" Deja asked, "Don't want your little friend to know that you knew that I was fucking with him or you don't want us to know that you knew we both were."

All eyes were now on Kadence and for the first time in her life she hated all the extra attention; However she knew she deserved exactly what she was getting.

Sienna's eyes began to water as she clenched and unclenched her fist, "Really Kay?"

"Aww did you think you had a friend you could count on?" Deja laughed, "Now that's funny."

"Bitch I will fuc~." Sienna lunged at Deja only to be pulled away by Sabian who knew how his sister was. Where they were from disrespect wasn't to be taken lightly and he didn't need his sister to end up on the shaderoom twice in one day.

Cash shook his head in disgust, "I'm going to let everyone know the dinner is over."

"So you'd rather walk away then to just be honest with me?" Deja asked, the hurt evident in her voice.

"I've been trying to be honest with you Deja but let's keep it a hunnit, you never wanted the truth you just wanted something I couldn't give to you." Cash said, "But you know what, that's my fault for not being honest with you about what this was for me and for that I apologize."

"Wow so you just do me dirty and then walk away like I meant nothing to you," Deja spat. "You know what that's cool I don't know what I expected from Sire the Don's shadow anyway."

"Deja."

"Nah it's cool Kadence that's how hurt people act I ain't even mad at her, you stay safe out here Deja." Cash said, stepping off to do damage control and leaving the two best friends alone.

"Deja listen to me please." Kadence pleaded as Deja turned around to face her with tears in her eyes and a scowl on her face.

"Listen to you, now you want me to listen to you well it's too late for that."

"I wasn't trying to hurt you D but it wasn't easy to come out and say either, I was sworn to secrecy before I knew you had anything to do with him and by the time I found out you were too far gone."

"So you decided to let me sit around and obsess over him instead, who the fuck does that?"

"How many times did I warn you to leave him alone Deja, too many to count but you wouldn't listen to me, you never listen."

"Listen to you?" Deja laughed, "What credibility do you have with men for me to listen to you?"

Kadence took a deep breath and counted to ten in her head not wanting to stoop to Deja's level. She knew Deja had every right to be upset with her but she also wasn't sure how much more disrespect she could take.

"Look I know you're upset~."

"Upset?" Deja exclaimed, "No I'm pissed, pissed that I even allowed a treacherous bitch like you into my life in the first place, but you know what I'm not even surprised because any female that could turn on her family and ruin a happy home could definitely fuck me over."

"Okay now you're just trying to make yourself feel better because I'm not ruining anyone's happy home and I damn sure didn't turn on my family."

"Girl please you think I don't see the way you look at Sire and the way he looks at you, ha I guess you're better at keeping other people's secrets than your own." Deja said, "Newsflash though, he has a girlfriend and when he gets tired of you, which he will, you won't have me to run to and you only have yourself to blame for that."

"So that's it, I make one mistake and we're not friends anymore?" Kadence asked.

"Save the dramatics for someone who cares Kadence because I don't. This has been building up for months, ever since you got a taste of the limelight you've changed. You think you're better than everybody around you but you're not, and throwing your pussy at every man you meet won't hold up for too much longer."

Kadence fought back tears, tears of both sadness and anger as she knew Deja would be upset but she never expected this.

"Aight I think it's time for you to go." Sabian said from behind them.

"Of course you come to her rescue." Deja laughed once again, "But don't worry I was about to see myself out anyway."

Kadence watched as Deja walked away without even looking back and even after all Deja had said to her she still felt guilty and responsible for everything that went wrong tonight.

"Where's Sienna? Is she okay?"

"She's very frustrated and there's no calming her down when she's like that so I just sent her home."

Kadence shook her head, "I guess you're here to break up with me now."

"What?" Sabian asked, completely taken back by Kadence's statement, "I may be a little hurt that y'all felt like y'all had to keep this from me but lose my girl over it..nah."

Kadence breathed a sigh of relief. She had lost both her family and her best friend; she couldn't lose Sabian too.

"I've ruined everything Si, Deja hates me, Sienna hates me." Kadence said, allowing a tear to escape from her eye, "I even managed to ruin this nice ass dinner you put together for me."

"Sienna doesn't hate you if she hates anybody right now it's Cash and if we're being honest baby girl Deja seems like she's been holding all that in for a while" Sabian said, "But as long as I'm here and you're here the dinner isn't ruined."

"You're being too kind to me. I don't deserve that."

"What you deserve...is to finish your celebration regardless of who's here and who isn't. You've been working your ass off signing contracts, bettering yourself and the people around you. I see that and I love that." Sabian said, wiping away her stray tears. "My grandma used to tell me all the time, never let someone dim your light just because it's shining in their eyes."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that unfortunately losing people comes with the territory of fame but never blame yourself for that, not everyone deserves to be at the top with you and it's better to clean house now than later" Sabian told her, "Now clean your beautiful face and let's eat this good ass food and we'll deal with everything else tomorrow."

Kadence wasn't sure what was next for her or the people in her life, but she was determined to salvage the night Sabian had put together for her even if it was the last thing she did.

AN: We are sooo sorry for the slow update but in all honesty Quarantine hasn't been the vacation it's believed to be; However we hope everyone is staying safe during this trying time and thank you guys for all the continued support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
313K 8.3K 37
"I'm going to bury myself so deep inside you it will leave you feeling empty when I'm gone," He whispers breathlessly in my ear. I gulp feeling the a...
888K 48.7K 107
"I love you god knows I do but I can't do this. I can't. I put up with the phone calls, the text messages, social media, random chicks, not coming ho...
556K 18K 72
How would you react when the sunny bright atmosphere turns into dark cloudy and you find yourself getting pushed into dark valley ? How would you re...