Hands Stained Red

By Elle_Lynesse

An artist, an author and a killer. Kira ran away from her trauma. Poppy ran away to find inspiration. Rya ran... More

One - Kira
Two ~ Rya
Three ~ Kira
Four ~ Rya
Five ~ Kira
Six ~ Rya
Seven ~ Kira
Eight ~ Rya
Nine ~ Kira
Ten ~ Rya
Eleven ~ Kira
Twelve ~ Rya
Thirteen ~ Kira
Fourteen ~ Rya
Fifteen ~ Kira
Sixteen ~ Rya
Seventeen ~ Kira
Eighteen ~ Rya
Nineteen ~ Kira
Twenty ~ Rya
Twenty One ~ Kira
Twenty Two ~ Rya
Twenty Three ~ Quinn
Twenty Four ~ Kaden
Twenty Five ~ Kira
Twenty Seven ~ Kaden
Twenty Eight ~ Kira
Twenty Nine ~ Rya
Thirty ~ Kira
Thirty One ~ Quinn
Thirty Two ~ Kaden
Thirty Three ~ Rya
Thirty Four ~ Kira
Thirty Five ~ Rya
Thirty Six ~ Quinn
Thirty Seven ~ Rya
Thirty Eight ~ Kira
Thirty Nine ~ Rya
Forty ~ Quinn
Forty One ~ Kira
Forty Two ~ Rya
Forty Three ~ Bella
Forty Four ~ Rya
Forty Five ~ Kira

Twenty Six ~ Rya

37 1 0
By Elle_Lynesse

Mature warning- sort of, I think

The room spins and I'm not sure if the cause is the whisky I just drank or the fact that I'm currently being stitched up with only said whisky as painkillers. I'm not drunk, I know that, just tipsy. Tipsy enough for today to feel just a little more distant and a little more bearable.

"And done," Kaden says and pats my good shoulder. He comes out from behind me and lifts my arm to wrap a bandage over his handiwork. I hadn't expected him to be so quick or so neat but as I glance down at the stitches, they almost look as good as Artie's.

With a new makeshift sling and a new, less extravagant, white dress Kaden got me from my bag, I'm almost ready to face the crowd downstairs again. Mum told me that they were loving the drama anyway so it's not like they were annoyed by my disappearance.

Yet.

When I come back into the bedroom from getting changed, Kaden is already on the bed tucking into my brownies. I raise an eyebrow at him, "Were you intending to share?"

He scowls playfully, "I was hoping you would take longer in the bathroom so I could finish them before you came back."

I walk over to the bed and jump up beside him, "Share, you fat bastard," I make my point by slapping his very hard, muscled chest and laughing.

He grabs my hips and pulls me on top of him so I'm straddling him, making sure to be careful of my arm, "Open wide," he says smirking.

I try not to laugh at him and open my mouth, keeping eye contact with him as he breaks off a bite size piece of brownie and placing it in my mouth. There's a look in his eye I've gotten quite familiar with over the past two weeks.

I close my lips around his fingers and lick the chocolate residue from them before letting them go. His grip on my hip gets tighter and the look in his eyes darken.

"Dont do that," he hisses, "We're in your uncles's bed and I'm sure you dont want to make a mess of it."

It's fun to tease him and it provides a fantastic distraction from all the other shit going on so I roll my hips and he growls, his grip on my hip bruising, "What's wrong Princess?" I ask innocently.

I lean forward to grab the rest of the brownie from beside him, pushing my hips down as I move. He jerks up into me in response and this time it's my turn to gasp. I try to ignore my slip of control and take the brownie, straightening up to eat it. He smirks as I eat it, sliding his hands up the outside of my thighs beneath my dress. I break off a piece and feed it to him as the high starts to hit.

Our little game forgotten for the moment, we finish the brownies and I put my hand on his stomach where his t shirt has rode up, "So hubby," I start with a giggle, "how's married life so far?"

He drops his head onto the pillow and sighs contentedly, "Well, wifey, so far it's been a little chaotic but if this, right now, is what married life is like, I wouldnt have fought it so much."

His hands slide further up my legs and when he reaches my ass, he squeezes the flesh there, making me gasp again. He chuckles at this and lets me go but doesnt move his hands. I lean down and get close to his ear, "Two can play at that game sweetheart," I whisper before reaching between his legs and grabbing his through his trousers but not hard enough for it to hurt him. He gasps and I giggle.

"Uncles's bed, remember," he says, his voice strained.

I feign innocence, "Why do you mention that?"

The door swings open and I hear someone choke, "Fuck! Sorry!" Its Mylo.

I straighten up but dont move my hand or ease the pressure, "What's up?" I ask him, turning around to face him.

He's bright red and is looking at the ceiling, "Theres a conversation that needs to be had but it's going to take place in my room whenever this," gestures towards us, "is over."

He walks back out but doesnt bother to close the door which I think he did on purpose. I sigh and get off his brother, "Come on then. This seems important."

Kaden glares at me as I stand beside him, "Do you know what else is important?" He asks before gesturing to the place where I had just been sitting.

I reach down and smooth out the creases in his trousers as if that was the problem he was talking about and turn to him with a smile, "There we go, all fixed."

He sighs and then gets up and adjusts himself, "You're a fucking devil you know that?"

I dont answer him, I just swipe another brownie from the tub and walk out.

He catches up to me pretty quickly and wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me off my feet and nearly knocking the brownie out of my hand. I squeal as he spins and backs into Mylo's door opening it.

I shove the brownie in my mouth to save it and grab ahold of his arms to try and pry them away from me. When that doesnt work, I start slapping at his hands until he lowers me down.

I choke a little as I try to swallow the brownie and he slaps my back harder than I think he meant to, making me cough and splutter. "Kaden!" I exclaim as I bat his hands away again.

He chuckles and reaches for me again. "Are you guys high?" Mylo asks.

I lick a chocolate crumb from my lips and shake my head, "Nope. Pinky promise?" I hold out my hand and he rolls his eyes.

The door opens again and I turn away to sit on the bed. I only look back up when I hear the click of a locked door.

Kira and Quinn stand by the door and I sober up real fucking quickly. "You're still here," I say quietly, my voice soft and as neutral as I can make it.

Quinn nods and drops his gaze to the floor almost shamefully. He looks upset and I hate it. I hate it even more because I know it's because of me. I let him down.

"Polpetto," I say softly and he looks up at me as if the use of the pet name ignited something in him.

"Right," Mylo says suddenly, "We need to work this out because clearly there's a lot of shit going on and if I can pick up on it then everyone downstairs can too."

I frown at him, "What is there to work out?"

Kira takes a deep breath, "We need to work out how this is going to work," she gestures towards the group, "because even though it sucks, you have to choose, Rya. You can go downstairs as Mrs Flynn or you can take Mylo's keys and head out the back with Quinn to get as far away from here as possible. Mylo and I have already discussed everything and we can cover no matter what you choose."

The choice seems so simple but it's near impossible. Leaving with Quinn is the selfish choice, I'd get the life I dreamed of while Mylo was taken back to New York and killed and Quinn was forced into leaving everything behind and living a lie. Staying means giving up everything I love most and having it within touching distance at all times but unable to get it.

Quinn steps forward and grabs my hands, "Rya, I want you to be happy so I'll accept any choice that you make but just think about it. This is what we've always talked about and fantasised. We could go to Greece and get a little house in the hills. Or Portugal and you can teach me the language. We can finally just love eachother without fear."

Kaden scoffs, "Love. People like us dont do love. Not because we cant, it's because we like to make people hurt. Even the people we care about, we cant help but fuck them over every time. Why do you think most people here are cheating on their spouses? It's not because they hate their marriage, it's because hurting people gives them a rush of power and we're all addicts."

Quinn's face hardens, "You think I'm just some stupid love sick boy but I'm not. I know all of that shit. I also know that Rya's different and that she loves me. Only me."

Kaden laughs, "Are you so sure? If she loves you so much, what are those marks on her neck?" I jump to cover the hickeys with one hand, "Why did it only take one day for her to climb into bed with me?"

My blood runs cold and I look back at Quinn waiting for his reaction. I cant say anything and I wont deny it because I refuse to lie to Quinn. He doesnt say anything, he just lets my hand slip from his and steps away. A tear slips down his cheek and he nods before unlocking the door and walking out.

"Quinn!" I shout after him but he doesnt answer. Kira runs after him and I feel my blood start to boil. I turn and slam my hand off of Kaden's chest sending him stumbling back, "Fuck you!" I shout at him.

He drops his gaze and rubs his chest where I hit him. I'm not even angry anymore. Not at him at least because he only told Quinn the truth. Tears blind me and I step back shaking my head, "Why?"

He takes a deep breath, "I had to make sure you chose me."

"Why?" I scream at him.

He looks over at Mylo and I suddenly understand. He had to save his brother. He did what he had to to save his family and I cant be angry at him for that no matter how much it hurt me.

Mylo reaches for me and as much as I want to be alone, I dont know where else to go so I let him hug me. He's completely unaware that he's the cause for my pain and I could tell him. I could do what Kaden just done to me but that would hurt Mylo more than anyone else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4.1K 41
Y/N was a teenage introvert who enjoyed having her own space and being alone. She loved listening to music in her room, which was a great escape for...
1K 102 57
A Collection Of Poems And Short Stories From The Best Writers At Lagos State University.
1K 184 36
Someone is planning the death of a missing sorceress. And she can't figure out who's trying to help and who's trying to hurt her. Hopefully she can f...
10.5K 693 26
Singer Rebecca knows how to put on a show. It's the rest she hasn't quite figured out yet. When Rebecca Daniels finds out her boyfriend is cheating o...