More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 27

1.8K 72 21
By jthawtiter

*Jamel, Lauren's in the MM*

Payton was heading over to Amarin's and Pierre house to drop Asia asthma pump off. She left it and Payton decided to take it to her. August was still at her house sick.

Once she got there she walked in the house once she heard the door unlock. She was greeted by Asia and Amari as she walked in.

"aunty, aunty" they both said running towards her.

"My jits, wassup y'all" she said as she squatted down hugging them.

"Mommy's making Lasagna tonight" Asia said happily and Payton giggled.

"Here you go kid" Payton said going in her pocket giving Asia her asthma pump.

"Oh thank you aunty" she said kissing her cheek running off.

"DADDY" Asia yelled as she ran off into the living room.

"Amari, what's wrong" Payton asked as Amari stood looking at her,

"Where is matco" she asked and Payton laughed standing up.

"He's at home babygirl" she said picking Amari up.

"I wanna see him Aunty, can we please see him" she asked nicely as they walked towards the living room.

"He's at home Amari" she said as they walked in the living room.

"Hey sis" Paris greeted her and she looked over to see Tasha, Paris, and Pierre sitting on the couch.

"What this is, family intervention" she asked as she walked around taking a seat on the couch Paris was sitting on.

"Payton we need to talk" Pierre said and she smacked her teeth.

"About what" she asked already aggravated.

"Asia, get you sister and go upstairs" Amarin said walking over to them.

"Yes ma'am" she said climbing out of Pierre lap.

"Come on sissy" Asia said picking Amari up out of Payton arms.

They headed up the stairs and once they disappeared nobody said anything. Everybody just looked at each other.

"Payton are you planning on giving our mother another chance" Paris asked her and Payton looked over at Paris.

"No" she told her plainly and Pierre smacked his teeth.

"Why" Pierre asked completely aggravated.

"How many times we gone discuss this yo, like y'all deadass aint understanding where I'm coming from" Payton said and Amarin cleared her throat.

"Payton, is it true you lost a baby" Amarin asked and Payton heart turned into ice.

"Yea. I lost a baby" Payton told them and Tasha eyes watered.

"Damn" Pierre sigh, that broke his heart to know his sister lost a child.

"I'm sorry P" Paris said and she shook her head no.

"Don't feel sorry for me yo, I've had enough of everybody shit when it comes to me and Tasha relationship, everybody wanna know the same shit but nobody understands it" She said holding back her emotions.

"I'm so sorry P" Amarin said as tears went down her face.

"We just wanted to know why you didn't wanna relationship with her, we didn't wanna force it on you P" Paris said and Payton wasn't hearing that.

"I don't wanna have a relationship with her because she was willing to let me die" Payton said and Tasha started crying.

"I told this woman here that my stomach was hurting and that I was dying right" Payton said as her eyes watered.

"This lady sat dead on top of my ribs and busted my ovaries and had the nerve to ask me does that feel better, she didn't give a damn that I was dying right in front her. She didn't care til after the fact that I was bleeding and foaming out the mouth" Payton said as a tear slip down her face.

"And the point that hurt the most is... Pierre came in there and seen me like that and tried to help me but he doesn't sees that this lady almost cost me my life that day, she's didn't give a fuck about me now that karma is biting her in the ass she's gives a fuck" Payton said with complete anger, Tasha balled in her own tears.

"I look at that small scar on my rib everyday and remember the time that this lady almost killed me and nobody gave a fuck, but I give a fuck about everybody that's in my life especially you Pierre" she said, her voice was so heartbreaking.

"And to know that you don't see my pain and where I'm coming from, when you was the one who saw me almost die that day shows me that i mean nothing to you and anyone else that thinks I'm doing wrong when it comes to Tasha" she said looking him dead in the eyes as tears fell.

"I'm sorry Payton, I really am" Tasha said and Payton stood up.

"You didn't feel sorry then so don't feel sorry now" she said, and she stared Tasha down before leaving. Pierre stood about to go after her but decided not to.

"FUCK" Pierre knocked the vase over in anger, walking away.

He was hurt. He didn't know he was putting his sister through that much pain. He understood exactly where she was coming from. He was upset with hisself, very upset. Payton was his bestfriend and he knew that he did her bad. He didn't like it, at all.

August sat at Payton's house waiting for Payton who hadn't came home yet. He had been to the studio and back TWICE and she still wasn't back. It was 12 in the morning and she had been gone since 12 that afternoon. He was starting to get worried about her.

He stood up grabbing his keys and walking out the house. As soon as he started his car his phone started to ring. It was Pierre, he answered it.

"Wassupp bro" he said as he sat in the driveway.

"You talked to Payton" he asked him and August sigh.

"Nawl man, she ain't came home yet" he said and Pierre felt guilty.

"Yo slid over her man, we needa talk" he said and August put his car in reverse.

"I'm heading yo way bro" he said and Pierre hung up.

Once August got there he got out and headed to the back of Pierre house. Pierre has a man cave in the shed, it was basically a house. August walked to the shed and knocked on the door.

"Wassup bro" Pierre said as they dapped each other up and let him in.

"Damn nigga, you good" August asked as he smelt the weed smoke.

"We needa talk homie" Pierre said and August turned around.

"wassup" he said and Pierre walked around him sitting at the table.

"You know Payton lost a baby" Pierre asked and August heart froze.

"Nawl, what you talking about" August asked and Pierre sigh.

"Lately, me and Payton ain't been me and Payton. I been on her about fixing her and moms relationship" he said and August was ready to hear about the baby part.

"I know, she never wanna talk about when I ask her" August said and Pierre shook his head.

"I think me trying to fix her and Tasha relationship caused me and her to lose ours" Pierre said sadly and August sigh.

"Pierre one thing I know about Payton is, she loves her brother. No matter what bro, that girl will go to war for you. So y'all didn't lose y'all relationship, your breaking it bro" August told him as he leaned on the couch.

"I love my sister man, but I can't stop think about what she said bro" Pierre said as he remembered ever word Payton told him.

"What she said" August asked and Pierre sigh.

"She told me that it breaks her heart to know that I almost watched her die because of Tasha, and I still tried to drive Tasha on her basically" Pierre said and August was shocked.

"Ya moms almost kilt Payton" August asked and Pierre nodded.

"Yea man, if it wasn't for me missing basketball practice that day Payton would've died" Pierre said and August was heated, he loved Payton and would hurt anybody for her.

"Then she lost a baby, fuck was I thinking" Pierre said to hisself and August was curious to know about this baby.

"Who baby was it" August asked and Pierre slowly looked at August.

"I'm sorry man" Pierre said and August was stuck.

"Payton, lost our baby" he asked and Pierre said nothing.

August grabbed his keys and left. Tears slid down Pierre face as he thought about all the things Payton said. He was hurt, sad, and mad with hisself. He stayed up all night alone in his man cave thinking.

It was 1 in the morning and Payton was just now about to leave the shop. She had been working all day because she was behind a bit. Lauren was on bed rest so she was doing it on her own.

Payton was honestly thinking the entire day. She just needed someone to hold her and love her while she experienced all her pain. She knew August would be there for her so she felt it was time to go home and let him hold her while she cried.

Walking out in the dark streets of Cali she zipped her jacket up. It was cold, but notfreezing cold. She put the code on the door and turned around seeing August leaning on her car.

"August" she said a bit nervous and he stood from her car.

"Payton when was you gone tell me you was pregnant by me before" he said and she stopped in her tracks.

"I w-was gone tell you bu-.... August I don't know" she confused herself and he just looked at her.

"Look like you been crying all day" he said noticing her red eyes.

"I'm fine" she said and he nodded going to seat in the bench infront of the shop.

"Come on and sit down" he told her and she sigh walking over sitting down.

"When you left I was damaged, bad. As soon as I got better I found out I was pregnant. I told your mom and she told me to call you but I said no an-" he cut her off.

"Payton why didn't you tell me you was pregnant with my child dawg" he said becoming upset all over again.

"Because you was enjoying your life and I didn't wanna ruin it by telling you that I was pregnant" She said and he smacked his teeth.

"See now you pissing me off, you should've fuckin' called me if you was pregnant and you knew it was my child. I don't give a damn if I was dying, tel-" she cut him off.

"AUGUST..... I had to have the baby removed from my body. If not I was gonna die yo" she told him and his blood boiled.

"You had a abortion or some shit, that's what you telling me P" he said as he took his shades off sitting up.

"No " she dropped her head as tears fell from her eyes.

"That's some bogus ass shit yo, like no what the fuck is wrong with you. You got rid of my fuckin' seed because you was mad at m-" she cut him off.

"I WASN'T.... I wasn't mad at you August" she said as she looked over at him as tears slipped down her face while she shook her head no.

"THEN WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT" he stood up yelling infront of her.

"August I can't produce children ok.... I CAN'T DO IT" she said becoming upset that he was mad at her when it wasn't her fault.

"And when the fuck was you gone tell me this" he asked becoming even more mad.

"The baby died inside of me and I could've lost my life ok... it wasn't my fault that I had to experience that, I promise if I would've had that baby i would've been the best mother ever but I can't have children" she said as tears just fell from her eyes as she let out her frustration.

"So what you telling me is, you knew you couldn't get pregnant and you sat dead in my face and lied telling me you wanted to have my kids" he told her as he sat back down beside her and she tucked her lips sighing.

"August I do wanna have your kids, but I can't give you something my body wouldn't let me have" she said sadly as tears slid down her face and he was pissed.

"That's bullshit P, you had me thinking I was gone have a family with you whole time you can't even give me one" he said as he let out his feelings.

"Wait, so your mad at me because I can't give you what you want" she asked as she wiped her face.

"Yes that's exactly why I'm mad, you can't get pregnant by me Payton so why you think we should continue this relationship" he asked and she nodded her head.

"That's cool, breakup with me then but I want you to know" she said as she put her hands in her jacket pocket and he looked over at her.

"I'm sorry August" she apologized, and they way she said it broke his heart. He really loved her, and hated to see her like that.

She walked to her car and got in pulling off. He watched her as she made a right turn disappearing down the street.

He sigh. He didn't know what to do. He was so mad. He stood up walking to his car getting in it. He sped off heading to who knew where.

Meanwhile, Payton pulled up in her driveway putting her car in park and she just cried. She couldn't do nothing but cry. She was hurt not only by August, but by everything. She turned her car off getting out.

She walked up the driveway wiping her face. She had to be strong, she was all she had at this point. She unlocked her door and walked in her house closing it behind her locking the door.

She walked in her room and threw her keys and phone on the bed. She went in the bathroom and undressed before turning on the shower. She took a quick shower and got out putting on her usual night clothes.

Once she finished she walked back in her room and got in bed. She laid down and just closed her eyes as tears slid down her face. Hearing a knock on the door she smacked her teeth.

She really didn't wanna get up. Whoever it was continued to knock causing her sit up and sigh. She cleared her throat before getting out the bed walking out her room.

She walked to the door unlocking it and opening it. She looked up to see Dejah and Layton at the door.

"May y'all come back at another time, I'm tired" she said and they noticed the redness in her face.

"P what's wrong" Layton asked concerned and Payton shook her head nothing as she was about cry all over again.

"Ca.... Can y'all come back later" she asked and Dejah sigh.

"P are you sure" Dejah said and Payton held her thumb up.

"Positive" she said and Layton sigh.

"Alright well I see you later" Layton said and she closed the door walking back to her room.

She got back in bed and closed her eyes. She couldn't believe August was breaking up with her. After all they through just to get back together and now they were breaking up. She couldn't bare it.

Her eyes grew heavy, and she slowly fell asleep with tears going down her face.

Waking up she sigh. She was about to cry all over again. She just laid there and looked out at the window. It looked like it was gone rain. After about ten minutes of laying there she sat up and looked down to see August asleep at the bottom of the bed.

Sighing she just watched him as he slept. She didn't wanna break up. She loved him so much and losing him would be another heartbreak she didn't wanna experience.

She threw the covers off her and got out the bed. She went to the bathroom and turned the light on to see the dried up tears on her face. She sigh as she grabbed her toothbrush and began brushing her teeth. 

Once she finished she washed her face and walked out the bathroom. She walked in the kitchen and open the fridge. Getting a water she went around the counter and sat down.

Lauren: MEETING TODAY, it's in a hour.
Payton: kk. I'm about to get ready, am I suppose to pick you up?

"Payton" she heard August voice causing her too look up from her phone.

"You alright" he asked and she nodded as she reed Lauren text.

Lauren: Yes, I can't be driving.
Payton: cool, I'm about to get ready.

"I wanna talk to you then" he said and she locked her phone looking at him.

"Ok" she said lowly turning around in her seat. He walked over and sat beside her.

"Why you didn't tell me you couldn't get pregnant P" he asked calmly and she's sigh, she prepared herself for all these questions. She knew they would come one day.

"Because I.... if I told you, you'd leave me and I didn't wanna go through that nomore, and if I did I didn't wanna deal with it right now" Payton said honestly and August was becoming upset.

"Payton I wouldn't leave you" he told her and she sat back looking at him.

"Yes you would" she told him and he smacked his teeth.

"How da' hell you kno' dat" he asked and she knew he was mad, accent was coming out.

"You broke up with me lastnight August, do you not remember or sum" she asked already knowing this conversation was about to led to a argument.

"Payton I was mad, you held this in for numerous years you'd be mad to" he said and she sigh.

"August any other time you mad yoon break up wit' me, I k-" she cut herself off once she felt like she was about to cry.

"Payton listen to me aight', I know I broke up with you lastnight but I knew I wasn't gone leave you" he said and she sat up sighing as she looked the other way,

"Your deciding to stay with me because what." she asked and he was so upset.

"Payton you hid a fuckin' pregnancy from me, the fuck do you expect me to do" he asked with a bass in his voice.

"Nothing, leave me alone" she said getting off the counter stool heading for her room.

"Payton we not done talking" he said as he grabbed her before she walked in the room.

"Yes we are" she said looking at him and he took a breath.

"Why didn't you tell me you couldn't get pregnant, all this could've been avoided" he said and she sigh putting her hands on her hips.

"I didn't tell you because if I told you would leave me, I honestly didn't even wanna get back with you after everything that happened but I love you so much that I did it anyways because I love you more than anything in this world, but I didn't prepare myself for another heartbreak but it's completely fine" she said as she started to become emotional.

"I'll be alright, imma carry my heartbreak  and take my L in the process. I apologize for not telling you, his name was Adonis Anthony East and he was three months, four pounds even, there it is, your mom has the ultrasound pictures" she said before turning around walking into the room.

August stood there with watery eyes. He was pissed, he didn't like none of what was going on. He wanted to be there for Payton but he didn't wanna be around for awhile after everything that happened.

He walked in the room to see Payton putting on her clothes. Tears fell from her face as she put on her jeans. August sat on the bed and just stared at nothing in particular. He was hurt and she was too.

Once she dressed and put her hair in a ponytail she grabbed her keys and headed out the room. She walked to the kitchen and fixed Marco food and water. He slowly came down the stairs looking around.

She rubbed his head before grabbing her keys and phone leaving out the house. Meanwhile August was still sitting on the bed in his thoughts. He stood and grabbed his keys. He put on his shoes and grabbed his phone and left the house.

He got in his car and sped to his momma house. When he got there he cut off and got out quickly. He walked up the driveway and knocked. The door swung open to Chandra.

"August you alright" she asked as he walked in.

"Momma you knew Payton was pregnant" he asked as she sat on the couch watching tv.

"August what" she asked a bit confused.

"You knew Payton was pregnant and didn't tell me" he asked and she looked up at him.

"Yes August, I knew she was pregnant" she said lowly and sad on the last part.

"Why didn't you tell me, all these years you sat dead in my face and knew that I loved Payton and didn't tell me she lost our child" August asked completely upset, the twins came down the stairs slowly.

"August it's not her fault ok, it's not" she defended Payton standing up.

"It is her fault, she didn't tell me" he said and he wasn't thinking at all right now.

"August don't you dare blame that girl for losing that baby, she was abused and if you dare tell her its her fault I'm going to beat the living shit out you boy" Mama T told him as she became upset.

"Fuck that, y'all knew I loved her and would do anything for her, why the fuck didn't y'all tell me" he asked and Mama T walked over to a suitcase.

"You know what, that girl came to me and cried her eyes out about your ass, she didn't wanna tell you because you left her and everybody else and all she wanted to do was see you succeed" Mama T spoke as she looked through the suitcase.

"Payton is a strong young woman, because not only did she battle a heartbreak, losing a child, her mom on drugs and alcohol, watching her mom go to prison" she said once she found the envelope.

"She checked on me everyday she could and my dumbass son was the one who broke her heart, most off all she continued to smile and if you can do all that shit at once you gotta be one strong ass woman" Mama T said turning around with the envelope in her hand.

"Now here, your son ultrasound pictures and his birth certificate is in here, i don't even wanna look at you right now" she said shoving the envelope into his chest walking around him.

He stood there and took all those words in. He didn't know Payton went through all that. He didn't even know she was still checking on his mom after all the shit that happened. He was shock as he turned walking out the house.

Meanwhile, Payton and Lauren we're leaving there meeting. Lauren had noticed Payton wasn't herself. She was spacing out doing the meeting and she barely talked. Although the meeting went well she knew her sister wasn't ok, at all.

"Payton you ok" Lauren asked as she looked over at Payton who was concentrating on the road.

"Payton" she said once she noticed Payton wasn't even listening to her.

"Hmm" she said as she stopped at the red light.

"You ok" she asked and Payton nodded her head looking out the window.

"Yea I'm alright" she said as she pulled off at the light.

"You sure, y-" before she could finish Payton cut her off.

"I'm fine Lauren" she told her as she made a right turn into Lauren's neighborhood.

"I love you P" Lauren told her and she nodded as she turned in Lauren driveway.

"I love you too, tell Kam I said hello" she said as put her car in park.

"I will" she said as she got out the car.

Payton pull out and headed home. She didn't have nothing else to do and wasn't planning on doing anything either. Once she got home she let Marco out to use the bathroom and went to take a quick shower.

She got out and put her hair in a bun. She had on one of August t-shirts with her shorts and undergarments. She let Marco back in before it started raining. She grabbed her glasses and laptop walking over to the couch.

She sat down and began working on her book. It started pouring outside, Marco became scared off the thundering and got up on the couch beside Payton. She grabbed her blanket and covered him up and continued working on her book.

3 hours into working on her book she heard the door knob turn. Sighing she already knew it was August. The door opened and she waited til he came around the couch. He threw the envelope on the table and she looked at it as her eyes got watery. She looked up at him to see he had been crying.

"I've sat outside your house for a hour gettin' my thoughts togetha', Payton I love you but I need a break from this relationship" he said and she turned her head nodding, she knew this would happen.

"That don't mean I'm not gone be there for you, imma answer every time you call me and imma be there for you if you need me, but this shit is foul and I can't even express how mad I am" he told her and she sigh logging out her laptop, she closed it sitting it on the other side of her.

"I'll be fine, and again I'm sorry" she told him as she stood up wiping her tears.

"Payton I love you but I'm sorry I can't" he said and she completely understood where he was coming from.

"I love you too, and I apologize for hiding it from you, you can pick up your stuff whenever your ready" she said calmly before walking off to her room.

She closed the door and got in bed. Tears fell from August face as she walked away. He was heartbroken. He didn't wanna break up with her but this was hard. He sat down on the couch and bent over crying.

She laid in bed and cried silently as she looked out the window. She was hurt and it was all her fault. Everything was her fault and she had nobody to blame but herself. She had nobody but herself.

After all these years, she was still hurting. Thinking she'd get better and she was still suffering. She wanted to give up so bad but she knew it would affect so many people. She had to keep pushing through the pain, she didn't think she could ever be happy again.

Love comes with pain, hurt, suffering, and unhappiness. But she was experiencing it all at once and lord knows she was hanging in there by a thread.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.7K 27
๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ | OCTOBER 2020 |
224K 2.4K 35
"๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฎ, ๐—œ ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚" ______ What happens i...
1.4M 9.6K 10
To some, Marriage is a word. To others, A sentence. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ YOU CAN READ THE FULL AND EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK ONLY ON GOODNOVEL. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ ใƒŸStory Ranking...
2.8K 45 11
๐‘ช๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’‚๐’๐’•๐’ or should I say August, that name is respected and well known all around. Santo isn't your average drug dealer, he's more than tha...