Cannonball >> A Malia Tate Fa...

By elmoakepoke

"Stones taught me to fly Love taught me to lie Life taught me to die So it's not hard to fall When you float... More

Prologue
Playlist (A Big One) and Characters
1) Just One Yesterday
2) Lighthouse
3) Misunderstood
4) Jet Black Heart
5) I Can't Fix You
6) Secret Love Song
7) Misunderstood
8) Haunted
9) Heaven
10) I Hate This Part
11) Can't Sleep Love
12) Broken Home
13) So Small
14) Stop
16) Everybody Hurts
17) Hercules
18) Half of a Heart
19) Smoke Break
20) These Four Walls
21) Status Quo
22) Change
23) If Only
24) Cannonball
25) My True Happy
MORE THAN WORDS- Cannonball Sequel
Prologue 1) When You Think Your Alone
Prologue 2) I'll Be Like a Ghost Behind You
SEQUEL 1) When You're Down
SEQUEL 2) And You Can't Find a Thing to Say
SEQUEL 3) You Know I'll Give My Words to You
SEQUEL 4) When the Seasons Change
SEQUEL 5) And The Sun Shines On Your Face
SEQUEL 6) Yeah I'll Be There For You
SEQUEL 7) Yeah I'll Be There For You
SEQUEL 8) Just As Much As I'm A Part Of You
SEQUEL 9) I Find Peace in Every Story You Told

15) Fight Song

2.9K 105 14
By elmoakepoke

"Previously on Cannonball"

~~~

Raising both her arms, closing her eyes. Lemony leant backwards, her weight beginning to push her over the edge.

It was time.

"Lemony!" A voice screamed.

Lemony's eye opened one last time, Malia's beautiful face running towards her, trying to get to her in time.

But she was just a little too late. Malia's fingers brushed past Lemony's. Malia could do nothing but watch a girl, she thought she would very easily come to love, fall.

That was when time slowed to a stop.

~~~~

Lemony woke with a start, she was on a hospital bed. Her world black and white. Her eyes were black all over. She breathed a sigh of relief. 'I did it' she thought.

"You'd be wrong." A voice said. Lemony looked up to see Allison.

"What happened then?" Lemony asked, sitting up properly. "I don't remember."

"At the last second as you fell, it seems you jumped through The Window to this side. So you didn't see or feel anything." Allison explained. "So you didn't feel someone catch you."

"Who?" Lemony asked, sitting next to Allison.

"Peter Hale." Allison looked at the door.

"Why?" Lemony asked.

"Could be one of three things." Allison questioned. "He was there already and just caught you. He saved you so you can owe him a favour."

"Or?" Lemony asked.

"He sees how happy you make Malia and didn't want her heart broken, so caught you." Allison said. "It's Peter so we'll never know."

"So where is my body?" Lemony asked.

"In a hospital bed. Loads of people saw you fall." Allison explained.

There were a few minutes of silence as Lemony came to grips with what happened.

"Why did you do it Lem?" Allison asked her friend. "Why try to throw away your second chance?"

"I felt like I was in the way, no matter where I went." Lemony sighed. "I couldn't do anything right. No told me dad was hurt, or about dad's job. Just a bit of a burden really."

"So you jump off a building?" Allison asked.

"Moment of weakness." Lemony answered. "My emotions got the better of me, I had to shut them off."

"It's time to wake up now." Allison put a hand on Lemony's.

"Maybe I don't want to." Lemony argued. "Maybe I want to stay here where I'm not in the way."

"But Lem, everyone needs you." Allison replies. "I need you. Wake up." She whispers.

Lemony sighed reluctantly closing her eyes, imagining the people in the living world, family, friends, Malia. Her breathing slowed.

~~~

Lemony's eyes opened slowly, looking around the room, laying again in a hospital bed. Rather than Allison she saw Stiles sitting on the end of her bed, Malia sitting on the chair beside her, Peter in the doorframe.

"Lem, I need you." Stiles sighed, she could see his eyes welled up with tears. "I need you."

"I'm sorry." Lemony said in a quiet voice sitting up. "I didn't mean to scare everyone." The other three all looking at her. "I just had a-"

"Moment of weakness." Stiles spoke up. "You said. While you were out."

Malia stood up and embraced Lemony in a tight hug, refusing to let go. Eventually Malia had to let go, but she sat herself right next to Lemony.

"What did I say?" Lemony asked.

"Well I assumed you had somehow jumped 'through The Window'." Stiles said. "You thought you were speaking to Allison. It was just me, Lem."

"You terrified me, when I didn't grab your hand in time." Malia bit back tears. "I just wasn't fast enough."

Lemony looked at Peter. "I suppose I should thank you Peter. You caught me."

"Not a problem." Peter shrugged it off. "I was there, I couldn't just let you hit the floor. Call it my good deed of the year." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Besides Malia would be distraught without you. She's grown really attached to you all of a sudden."

Lemony nodded, she looked at Stiles. "So how's dad?" She asks. "Or are you gonna lie and say he's at work again?"

"If you mean 'did you tell dad I just jumped off a building?'" Stiles asked. "I didn't tell him, dad's got enough on his mind, bullet in the shoulder and all."

"Sorry I caused you more problems." Lemony bit her lip. "I just wanted to get out of the way, everything was so much simpler before I woke up." Lemony looked down at the bedsheet mumbling her confession.

"You will never be a problem sis." Stiles leaned towards her and kissed her forehead. "Melissa said you need your rest, so we'll all leave you be. Come on Malia." Stiles then pulled her out of the room leaving Lemony alone again.

"What a wonderful idea." Lemony mumbled closing her eyes. "Leaving the girl who just tried to jump to her death alone in a hospital."

~~~

Lemony didn't know how long she'd been out for, but she heard the door open and close gently, with enough of a gap between the two for a person to slide through. Lemony turned her head to the other side seeing a sleeping Malia sitting in the chair beside the bed, Lemony saw her eyelids flutter, she sat up about to call her.

"Leave her." A voice came from the other side of the room. "We need to talk."

Lemony turned to see a middle aged woman with dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes, that seemed to look right through her.

"You're the lady from the library?" Lemony questioned. "What are you doing here?"

"You and I both know that I am so much more." The lady says, stepping towards Lemony. "Say it. It won't hurt you. I'm not like the lord of the Underworld."

Lemony sighed. "Hello Hecate." It was strange for Lemony to say that, it didn't quite feel real saying that name, like the ex you wish to forget and so you avoid mentioning their name as a way to keep yourself clean. "Or should I call you something else? Mother?"

Hecate laughed, she was now at the foot of the bed. "There you go. Feel better?" She asked, but Lemony didn't react. "It's about time we spoke properly." She shuffled herself round to sit on the edge of the bed. "How are you?"

"Physically I'm fine." Lemony shrugged. "Mentally I'm a wreck."

"I know how you feel." Hecate agreed. "You're more like me than you realise."

"What do you want, Hecate?" Lemony asked.

"Not feeling comfortable enough to call me 'mum' yet I see?" Hecate sighed. "Look Emily I'm sorry all this was all kept from you. But you need to get to work. The thing to focus on is and I quote 'the she-wolf'"

"I don't understand. Why are you being so cynical?" Lemony asked, she pulled herself up in her seat. "Your like a 'the unhelpful until the last minute associate' in those movies where you don't know what's going on. I don't like it."

"Never mind Emily." Hecate sighed. "Just know this: the dead pool is just a piece of the puzzle."

"There's more?" Lemony sighed. "Son of a-"

"-just. Be vigilant." Hecate sighed. "You and Malia were planning on going to the bonfire tonight. Go. You and your friends need to sort out your differences." Hecate then stood and made her way to the door, hand on the handle. "I will probably see you soon." Hecate opened the door.

"I suppose." Lemony mumbled.

"Goodbye Emily." Hecate looked around. "Hello Malia. You're not very good at keeping your breath shallow." She then left.

~~~

Eventually Lemony was cleared, Malia never left her side, they were still adamant to go to the bonfire. Stiles and Lydia were together, at the Stilinski house trying to work out something else. Liam was distancing himself from Scott. Scott and Kira were trying to keep everyone together. It was all a mess.

Lemony and Malia made it to the bonfire, the school grounds were packed and music blared on around them. Alcohol flowed between groups of students, drunk dancing, boys kissing girls, girls kissing boys, along with the odd girl kissing another girl. It had been a long time since Lemony had been to a proper party, she didn't count the one at Lydia's as she started talking to dead people and got attacked by Liam. Lemony felt a bit out of place there, wanted to back away and find somewhere to sit with a book. So she tried.

"Where are you going?" Malia shouted over the music, she grabbed Lemony by the arm.

"This isn't exactly my idea of fun, M." Lemony argued, she kept trying to back away, though Malia is stronger than her.

"Come on." Malia pulled her forward. "You agreed to come with me."

"I'm not exactly in a party mood." Lemony sighed finally giving in, letting Malia bring her to a spot less crowded, she pulled out a flask from her pocket it had some sort of alcohol in it

"Doesn't matter. You and I are going to have a good night." Malia took at sip of her flask. "We're gonna have a night away from the supernatural stuff. We will have a normal date. Alright?"

Malia handed the flask to Lemony who took a sip of it. "Yes boss." She sighed.

"Come on let's find somewhere to dance." Malia laughed pulling Lemony by the arm into a space.

The two were then enveloped in the music, the atmosphere, the drinks. The two girls got really close to each other, Lemony held the flask, Malia had her arms wrapped around her. The two seemed to forget everyone else around them. Malia would occasionally pull Lemony into a kiss, each time it surprises Lemony, though she would never admit to it.

In the corner of her eye Lemony sees someone approaching them.

"Hey." It was Scott. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting drunk. Spending some time with someone I care about." Malia kept dancing with Lemony. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to make sure no one gets hurt." Scott sighed his hands never left his pockets.

"That sounds fun too.." Malia took the flask from Lemony taking another drink.

"I heard what happened, Lem." Scott looked at the other girl. "Are you okay?"

Lemony stopped for a moment. "How should I feel? Cause right now I'm trying to forget everything."

Scott nodded, changing the subject, so not to upset her again. "I don't want to ruin your night or anything, but we kind of can't get drunk."

Scott looked back at Malia, who had pulled Lemony back and wrapped her arms around her, hands on her stomach, chin resting on her shoulder, the two faced Scott.

Malia looked with confusion. "What?"

"I think it has something to do with our healing." Scott tried to explain music still blaring in the background. "But, trust me, I've tried. You're not gonna feel anything."

"Maybe you should tell him that." Lemony gestured behind the two of them, to Liam, a bottle of something sitting with his friend Mason.

The two girls tried to get back to their dancing, Malia ran her fingers through Lemony's hair. But Scott spoke again.

"I just want to talk." He said stepping towards the two girls.

"Well, I just want to dance with my girlfriend." Malia argued taking another drink. Lemony hesitated a second, they hadn't discussed that.

Scott's voice broke through Lemony's thoughts. "We had our reasons. We didn't tell you about Peter."

"To protect me. That's what Peter said you would say. And guess what he said next?" Malia interrupted him. "That you were right. Does that surprise you?" Malia asked looking at Scott's expression.

"No. It makes me wonder what he wants." Scott took another step closer. "Malia, we need to stay together. You, me, Lem, Stiles..."

"I don't want to talk about Stiles." Malia rolled her eyes. "I just want to dance with Lem." She pulled Lemony round to dance some more. "And get drunk." She raised her flask.

Malia began to pull Lemony away from Scott but she stumbled.

"Malia!" Lemony exclaimed, grabbing her and pulling her up.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Scott reached for Malia too.

Malia found herself in a fit of giggles.

Scott was dumbfounded. "You are drunk?" He questioned.

"Yep." Malia laughed at him, trying to pull Lemony back into her arms.

"But you can't be." Scott mumbled looking around the bonfire, he looked towards Liam who was also stumbling.

Lemony tried to keep Malia stood upright. "I feel fine." She said to Scott. "You barely had anything, M."

Malia was hunched over at this point. "Is this what drunk feels like?" She strained. "It doesn't feel as good as I hoped."

Scott was looking down at Malia, Lemony had her arms around Malia comforting her. "I don't think it's supposed to." Scott said.

Scott took the flask from her hand. "Malia... What's in this? What did you have to drink?" He took a sniff.

"Just vodka." Malia defended.

Scott looked over the two girls shoulders and saw a man dressed in deputy uniform. "Stay on your feet and keep moving." He said, Lemony pulled her arm around Malia.

Scott started walking towards Liam and Mason. Lemony and Malia followed. The two sat Malia on the bench next to Liam.

Scott offered Malia a bottle of water. "Malia?" Lemony took it and kept it with Malia, he then turned to Liam. "How much has he have to drink?" He asked Mason.

"Not enough to get him like this." Mason shrugged.

"Scott." Lemony strained. "My head." Scott looked back at Lemony, her hands were cupping her head. Malia put an arm around her.

Scott looked around. "Something's happening. We need to get them out of here." Scott was talking to Mason. "I think we're gonna have to-" Scott looked at his own hand, he began to feel dizzy.

"How much did you drink?" Mason was now even more confused.

"Nothing. Not even a sip." Scott began to wobble, he then leant down against the table.

He then began to look around his vision was going blurry.

"Scott." It was Malia, he look at her. "Lemony's eyes." Scott could see there was nothing but darkness in Lemony's eyes.

That's when Scott realised. "It's not the drinks. It's the music."

Scott tried to force himself to his feet. "I have to." Scott stuttered. "I have to turn off the music." He was talking to Mason now. "Don't let them out of your sight." Mason nodded.

Scott then left, making his way slowly to the DJ. After a minute the music got louder.

Moments later more deputies approached the three sitting on the bench, grabbing them and starting to lift them to their feet

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mason stood back trying to argue. "These are my friends."

"Your friends are overly intoxicated." The bald headed deputy, got Mason to step back. "They need to be escorted out."

"Okay, I'll go with them." Mason stepped forward.

The deputy started to get annoyed with Mason. "That won't be necessary."

Mason was angry now. "I said they're my friends."

The deputy had had enough. He pushed Mason to the ground. The deputies then pulled Liam, Malia and Lemony up and away.

Location: death row.

A/N: a bit of a longer one for you all. Either you're welcome or I'm sorry (depending on whether you enjoyed it or not).

We're nearly at the end of season 4. When I do reach the end would you like a second book based on season 5? Let me know (episode wise I'm currently at the end of episode 9 of 12).

Love
Em x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 463 16
Β«The More You Believe To See, The Easier It Is For Me To Fool YouΒ» *** Brianna Voyant has been through a lot in her life. From the death of her whole...
12.1K 284 38
Kya Hansen was invisible to all but one. Her rambling spaz she liked to call him. Six years before, she had died and was left wandering aimlessly. U...
73.9K 2.7K 58
"π΅π“Šπ“‰ π“ƒπ‘œπ“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒ' π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 π“ˆπ‘œπ“‚π‘’π“‰π’Ύπ“‚π‘’π“ˆ π’ͺ𝓃𝒸𝑒 π“Œπ‘’'𝓋𝑒 π’·π‘œπ“‰π’½ π“ˆπ’Άπ’Ύπ’Ή π‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ήπ’·π“Žπ‘’π“ˆ 𝐿𝑒𝓉'π“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾�...
1.4K 55 19
It's been months since the death of her sister, and Casey has finally returned to Beacon Hills. It's a new term and she plans to get through it, but...