Elegance (An LOK Story)(Major...

Av Califoryoux

"Earth. Fire. Air. Water. When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang told me the story of how he, and his frien... Mer

1;1
Book 1;1
Book 1;2
Book 1;3
Book 1;4
Book 1;5
Book 1;6
Book 1;7
Book 1;8
Book 1;9 The Revolution-Part 1
Book 1;10 The Revolution-Part 2
T's and O's
Book 2;1
Book 2;3
Book 2;4 Harmonic
Book 2;5 Harmonic Convergence
Book 3;1
Book 3;2
Book 3;3
Book 3;4
Book 3;5
Book 3;6
Book 3;7
Book 3;8
T's and O's
Book 3;9
Book 3;10
Book 3;11
Book 3;12
T's and O's
Book 4;1
Book 4;2
Book 4;3
Book 4;4;1
Book 4;4;2
Book 4;4;3
Book 4;5;1
Book 4;5;2
Book 4;6
Book 4;7
Book 4;8
Book 4;9
Book 4;10
Book 4;11
Book 4;12;1
Book 4;12;2
Book 4;13;1
Book 4;13;2
Book 4;14;1
Book 4;14;2
Book 4;15
The Trial; 1
The Trial; 2
The Trial; 3
Tales of Republic City
Epilogue; 1
Epilogue; 2
Alternate Ending
A Special Chapter
New Cover

Book 2;2

735 19 10
Av Califoryoux

"What do you mean I'm staying here now?!"

Mako and Bolin wheeled me into Katara's compound this morning and told me they've decided that I'm staying here for physical therapy and some healing sessions with Katara, while they accompany Korra and her training with her uncle. I thought they were taking me here to get to know Katara since Avatar Aang is my favorite Avatar, but I guess not. They've tricked me yet again.

"If it makes you feel any better, Asami isn't going either. Haha, yeah..." Bolin's voice trails off as he tries to lighten the mood.

"Oh yes, she's really missing out. Too bad she has to spend time with one of the coolest and richest investors ever, poor her. Oh yes, I feel much better now," I say sarcastically with a pout.

"Come on, stop being a brat. You get a chance to be healed by the greatest healer in the world. That's cool, too," Mako tries to reason.

"I'm a brat? Have you met your girlfriend?! Of course I'm upset, you guys get to see the spirits and witness Korra open the southern portal. Meanwhile I'll be here sitting in a tub of water waiting for my legs to work again," I say as I roll my eyes at their foolishness. "Come on, Mako, you have to understand where I'm coming from, can't I just go this time? Pleaseeeee, Koko! Please, Boli. You guys promised to spend time with me on this trip, and you haven't!"

There's no way they can resist this. I even called them by their nicknames I gave them when I was little for a little extra flavor.

I know I'm being childish, but I'm in the most beautiful place in the world. I have a chance to see the spirits and really watch Korra connect more with her spiritual side. It's not fair if I can't see any of that. They've already ditched me at the fair, they owe me this.

"Ok, you can go," Bolin gives in.

Yes!

"No," Mako corrects.

No!

"I promise we'll be back as soon as possible, and we'll spend some big brother and little sister time together. For the time being, Asami will be checking in on you. We love you," Mako says, and then kisses my forehead before walking out of the room.

"Yeah, love you, too," I pout.

"Sorry, Li. I love you," Bolin says as he kisses me goodbye and then walks out of the room.

And I'm alone.

...

Up late again, all by myself. I'm starting to get use to being alone. I've been in this compound for a couple of days now, and so far, we haven't done anything but talk about how I feel about being in this wheelchair. I have no idea what that has to do with my physical therapy, but the more I cooperate, the faster I can get out of here. I'm just annoyed, I signed up for physical therapy, not therapy therapy to talk about my feelings.

I don't sleep much anymore, I usually spend my nights at this window. My head leaned against the window sill. It's so dark out there, and it's freezing. I wonder how the trip is going. I hope Bolin didn't forget his jacket, and I hope Korra didn't kill Mako by now. They've probably seen so many ancient spirits.

Moments pass and I sit up straight when I see a single beam of light suddenly erupt from the earth. It lights up the night sky, and just like that, it isn't so dark anymore.

"Whoaaa..." I whisper.

It's miles and miles away, yet still so bright. 

'What's is that?!'

I quickly back away from the window and wheel myself to the door. Immediately I'm greeted by the cold air. I ignore it and wheel myself halfway out the doorframe anyway. There it is! It's so... Beautiful. I smile, and I quickly wipe a tear that falls down my cheek. The southern portal is finally open after being closed for so long. This is a big step for the south, a big step for spirits and humans, and a big step for Korra and all the past Avatars. Korra and our relationship isn't the same, I'll admit, but she'll always be my family whether she likes it or not. We're stuck with each other, and I'll always be proud of her, even if she has a big head.

She did it.

It's so cool seeing all the colors bounce around the sky. It reminds me of the fair, expect you can't turn these off, because they're real. I've never witnessed such beauty. I wish I were with my brothers so we could see it together.

...

"UGH, I CAN'T- it hurts too much," I cry.

Today Katara has me working on my physical therapy, and I can easily say that this is the worse day I've had so far. The little movement I had in my legs seem to have suddenly vanished, and when I try to move them, I feel the same pain I felt the night the Equalist attacked me. I can feel that electrical current flowing through my body, down my back, and forcefully making it's way into every fiber of my legs. It feels like I'm on fire, and the memories only make it worse.

"You've had a rough day, why don't we pick this up tomorrow? You need to rest," Katara says gently.

"I think you're right. Thank you, Master Katara."

I'd hate to just give up, but this is too much. I already have a migraine and my body aches. I know it sounds stupid, but I thought my luck would change with the southern portals being opened, but I guess not...

"What have I told you about calling me that? Call me Katara," she says with a smile.

"I'm sorry, I guess it's just a habit," I admit with a blush. "And um, I know it doesn't always seem like it, but I'm truly grateful that you're doing this for me. I've admired you and Avatar Aang for so long, and it's an honor to even be in your presence. I guess apart of me just wishes to be with my brothers and helping them, and it was awful when they left me here to go help Korra. When they are around, they treat me like I'm this weight that they have to take care of. From Bolin constantly telling me what to do, how to feel, to Mako treating me like I'm some pet. He treats Pabu more like a humanbeing than me. Nothing ever feels right, I just feel so useless."

"If I'm being honest here, it's an honor for me to be in your presence. Being able to help the new Team Avatar is something I never thought I'd live long enough to see," she says while grabbing herself a seat. "I know what you're dealing with, and I know exactly what you're feeling. I'd do anything to be with my brother again, too, and also because... my husband went through the same exact thing."

"Really?"

"Oh, yes. After Aang woke up after being shot down in Ba Sing Se by Azula, he couldn't bare the fact that the world thought he was dead again, and he felt like he disappointed everybody. He felt as though he was a burden to our friends. I'll admit, we were sensitive to him when he first woke up. Not because he was a burden, but because he was our friend and we loved him. So he decided to run off during a storm and tried to handle things on his own. Of course my brother, friends, and I went after him, but by the time we found him, he had already realized that it wasn't just us or the world that needed him, it was also him who needed us, and that's just how it is. Friends need each other. Being on the Avatar's team is a special task, and when one member is missing, no matter who it is, the team is incomplete. With that being said, be patient, your time on Team Avatar has not ended."

I reflect on what Katara says for a moment. Since the incident, I've done nothing but feel sorry for myself, I was harsh, and I was impatient. If I'm going to return to Team Avatar, then I need to take my time to make sure that I'm not only 100%, but also better than ever!

Katara pats my back and heads for the door. I decide to stay here a little longer to focus on what I need to do in order to get past this.

"Oh, Katara, before you go," I stop her. "Did Sokka's girlfriend really turn into the moon?"

She turns around and let's out a small chuckle.

"Yep, it was rough."

...

Dozing off in my chair, I wake up to a faint voice calling my name. I wheel myself around to see Katara standing in the doorway.

"Oh, hi, Katara. I'm sorry, do you want me to leave?"

"No, no. You actually have a visitor."

"Oh really, who?" I ask.

My brothers haven't come to see me in days, and Asami has been busy with Varrick and her company. Who could possibly be here to see me? It can't be Jinora.

A slim but muscular figure dressed in watertribe wear silently enters. I'd recognize those crystal blue eyes anywhere.

"Me," they answer shyly.

"...Hi, Korra."

...

"So, how are you doing?" Korra asks awkwardly.

"I'm good, and you?" I ask just as awkward.

"Good, good..." her voice trails off.

You can cut the tension with knife, and I can't take it. Katara opened my eyes today, and I realize that this whole time I've been throwing my frustrations onto Korra. I was scared and frustrated, I felt like I needed someone to blame. Don't get me wrong, she's still a brat, but so am I sometimes- but still, it wasn't ok... And maybe I was a little jealous. Seeing Korra getting her bending back, seeing her restore eveyone  else's, but I had to stay in this chair? It was hard- It sucked, really. So yeah, I was little jealous.

I'm just going to say it!

"Korra, I'm sorry!"-"Li, I'm sorry!"

We both shout out at the same time, and then we burst out laughing.

"Ok, why are you sorry?" She asks with a small chuckle.

"What do you mean? I've been so mean to you. I guess I was just upset with, ya know.. The incident, that I took all of my anger out on you. I was a jealous brat, and I was selfish to treat you as though you don't have problems of your own. I'm so sorry, and I'm sorry that I said all those terrible things to you."

"No, are you kidding me? I'm the one who should be sorry. I've been the biggest brat ever! And yeah I was hurt by some of the things you said to me, but I deserved it. Being the Avatar is hard, but I didn't realize how I was coming off to others when I was just frustrated. I know now that not everyone is just picking a side to spite me, especially you. You're my best friend, and you've always been honest with me- And you're hurt! I should've been here for you, we could've used each other. I'm so sorry, Li Na."

I wipe a small tear from my eye, and then I lunge into Korra's arms, giving her the biggest hug that I think we both needed. Of course I'm crying, I've been doing that a lot lately.

"Maybe we were both wrong," I admit with a laugh. "Next time, we should just talk instead of being big ol' meanies to each other ... I've really missed you."

I'm still mad at my brothers though.

"I've missed you. When I opened the southern portal, I really wanted you there. It just felt like the team was so incomplete, and what should have been a happy moment, felt sad. I knew you would have loved to see it. Don't tell your brothers, but I don't think they should've kept you here. Maybe after the trip, sure, but I would've liked you there with us."

"I saw it, Korra. It was so cool! and I am really proud of you. But enough of this mushy gushy stuff, it's gross!" I joke, "I want to know what's been happening. I've been cut off from the outside world for weeks. Tell me everything."

"Everything? Ok! Well.."

...

"So you're telling me, your uncle is evil, which by the way, called it! Varrick tried to start a civil war, the southerners involved were captured and put on trial, Unalaq got your dad arrested but saved him from being killed to get on your good side even though your dad didn't take part of him being captured but Unalaq just wanted him out of the way, Bolin tried breaking up with Eska which lead to them getting engaged, and now you have to find a way to stop Unalaq from opening the northern portal and that's why the northern army is here?!" I ask all in one big breath.

"Yes, and now I have to go back to Republic City to get President Raiko to help us by letting his forces come to the south and help us defeat the north."

"Wow. I told Bolin not to get involved with that crazy waterbending chick... no offence."

"None taken," she replies.

"So, I guess you guys are heading back to Republic City pretty soon then, huh? And before you say it, I know I can't go. I know I have to stay here in order to get better."

"Yeah," she answers sadly, "but I'll call you every chance I get, and I'll tell you everything, and I'll make sure Mako, Bolin, Asami, and I spend the entire day with you tomorrow before we leave."

I smile. I like what I hear.

"Thanks, Korra."

...

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

23.5K 663 12
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
9.3K 330 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
80.7K 1.8K 55
Earth. Fire. Air. Water. Over fifty years ago, my grandfather, Avatar Aang, and his friends heroically ended the Hundred Year War. He and Fire Lord...
117K 3.2K 18
Having discovered her worst nightmare had come true, Aya is still traveling with her older brother and sister and the Avatar. Aya finally got her wis...