Locked Class Hero (Rwby x Mal...

By Wolfinator12

Massive AU inspired by 'Forged Destiny' from Fanfiction.net. In the world of Remnant your class dictates your... More

Info
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Quest
Chapter 2: Problems
Chapter 3: Guild
Chapter 4: New members
Chapter 5: Hunters vs Dungeon
Chapter 6: Decision
Chapter 7: Discovery
Chapter 8: Valhallas guest
Chapter 10: Duels
Chapter 11: Quest
Chapter 12: Classes
Chapter 13: News
Chapter 14: What is going on?
Chapter 15: Theory
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 9: Strange happenings

4.2K 114 111
By Wolfinator12

Headmaster Ozpin looked at the person he saw as a close friend, who he believed had died 10 years ago, as that person clung to Y/n, shaking like a leaf.

Ozpin: "Will you please tell me why you came running into my office so I could open a portal to Summer? What happened?" The headmaster asked Y/n who was trying his best to calm Summer down.

Y/n: "Munin informed me of something happening to Summer so I came to her aid. Good thing I did, she was about to be... well... ehm... inappropriatly touched by her husband without her concent. Something was off with him." Y/n answered.

Ozpin: "Please continue, what was off?"

Y/n: "His eyes looked dead, they held no emotion whatsoever."

Ozpin: "I will send out a quest for people to investigate, maybe similar things happened somewhere else on patch. In the meantime could you please keep and eye on her?" Y/n nodded.

Y/n: "She will be in good hands, I will bring her to the guildhall so she can rest." With that Y/n left and brought Summer to Valhalla.

Summer: "Thank you." The woman mumbled.

Y/n: "You are welcome, dont forget you want to become a sworn sword of mine and I cant let a friend get hurt now can I? Also dont worry, you can stay as long as you want, I am certain your daughters will be happy to have you around."

Summer: "Say... have you ever wondered what is up with your powers?"

Y/n: "Everyday since I got back from the first dungeon. You probably wont believe me but I was a very soft spoken kid till that day, bearly was able to hold a conversation, not that I needed to anyway." He said the last part in a solemn voice.

Summer: "Why didnt you need to hold conversations?"

Y/n: "Oh, if you havent noticed it please look around and tell me what you see in their faces." Summer did and saw the disgusted looks directed towards Y/n. "Yeah, being classless is a pain in the arse, everyone looks down upon me, everyone hates me and everyone makes jokes about me. My guild, the teachers and a second year called Coco are the only ones not doing so."

Summer: "But what changed?" The moment she asked that she felt a cold chill run down her spine, all of her instincts as a Hero scream at her to run as fast as she can. She glanced towards Y/n and her breathing hitched, the gentle boys eyes looked serpent like as the flame like structures moved like the flames of hell itself, a chilling smile on his lips.

Y/n: "I got stronger." The boy answered before breaking eye contact with Summer, the feeling of dread stopping the moment his eyes left hers. She was shaking abit from what just happened and looking around her she noticed that she wasnt the only one that felt it as the courtyard that was filled with groups of students going through their daily lifes was now all but abandoned.

Fenrir: 'Do not fear my master, it is his norse blood slowly awakening in him.' Summer heard a rough voice in her head say.

Summer: "Are you Fenrir?" she asked.

Y/n: "Oh, Fenrir talked to you? But yes, if a deep and growl like voice talked to you it was Fenrir, my first summon and currently my strongest."

Summer: "He said something about your norse blood awakening, any idea what that could mean?"

Y/n: "I have no idea, Hugin and Munin told me that they chose me to be their master because I had the will and the blood of a norse. I guess I have to find out what they meant once it fully awakened." The duo finally reached Valhalla but what they saw made their eyes nearly pop out. The exterior was covered in all kinds of rotten foods, the previously boarded up windows were broken once again, but worse was what they saw hanging on the door. There bound to the heavy set of wooden doors was a beaten and bruised Velvet, bearly awake as she was crying out for people to help her. Y/n quickly ran towards her and undid her bindings, took of the blindfold and enveloped her in a soothing embrace.  "What happened?"

Velvet: "A-a F-fighter came wi-with a gr-oup of people. The-ey threw stuff and as-as they saw me-" Velvet decended into a sobbing as Y/n rubbed her back trying to calm her down. Looking at Summer he motioned her to follow as he helped Velvet get inside so he could get her wounds patched up and so she was in a safer area. As the trio sat down on the couch Y/n summoned Hugin and Munin.

Y/n: "Find the rest of the guild and call them here." he ordered and the two flew off.

It took the combined effort of Y/n and Summer to calm Velvet down to the point of her being able to get herself cleaned up and changed into a new set of clothes and lucky for Summer the two shared similar enough sizes in clothing that she too was able to change into something else than the summoned leather armor she got from Y/n. As the two were changed and they reentered the main hall the rest of the Hunters guild was seated at the big table with Y/n at the head of the table, sitting of a throne like chair, his face showing how serious this situation is as everyone at the table saw the fury that burned in his eyes. Without any words Velvet and Summer sat down to the left and right of Y/n.

Y/n: "Our guildhall got vandalized while we were off to classes, not just that whoever those people were they had the audacity to attack Velvet." Y/n began and a collective gasp went through the room. "I have the suspision of Cardin Winchester being the main culprit but I have no evidence other than Velvet saying that a Fighter lead the group."

Yang: "That little." Yang growled as she balled her fists, her eyes changing color.

Summer: "Please calm down dear."

Yang: "But-" Yang was about to object as she jumped up from her seat.

Y/n: "She is right." With an annoyed huff Yang sat back down, crossing her arms. "Like I said, I have no evidence for who the people behind the attack was." A knock was heard at the door and Y/n signaled Phyrra, who sat the closest to it, to go and open it.

Phyrra: "Oh... ehm, Blake was it? Please come in." The stoic ravenette nodded and stepped into the room.

Blake: "You know it is not everyday that a talking raven tells me to come to a vandalized guildhall." she tried to joke as she realized the dense atmosphere in the room.

Y/n: "That is quiet accurate, it is also not everyday that I am ready to hire an assassine." everyones eyes were now glued on the boy sitting in the throne.

Blake: "I will not murder someone." Blake quicky said.

Y/n: "Dont worry, your job will only be trying to figure out which guild Cardin Winchester is part of or was hired by. How does 100 Gold Coins sound like?"

Blake: "I will take a guess and say that he was the one that did this to your guild?" Y/n nodded. "Fine, 100 Gold Coins, but I cant promise you anything."

Y/n: "That is good enough." Y/n said before throwing a pouch full of coins towards Blake who quickly caught it and took a quick look inside, making sure that it was actually money inside the bag.

Blake: "I will come here once I find anything." She said before leaving the guildhall.

Ruby: "What are you planning to do if we find the ones responsible for what happened to the guild?"

Nora: "Can I break their legs?"

Ren: "Nora please." The calm boy tried to stop the Barbarian.

Y/n: "If we find the ones responsible I will make them pay for the damages done and I will have them apologize to Velvet. In the meantime I have another announcement to make, this mostly concerns Ruby and Yang." The two looked at eachother confused before turning to look at Y/n. "Your mother will be staying with us for the unforseable future. Something wierd happened or is happening on Patch at the moment and Ozpin already sent out the message to have it investigated. Your father has been observed to show a rather... concerning behaviour."

Yang: "What did dad do? Is he ok?" She asked worried, her sister showing the same amount of worry on her face.

Summer: "I found him sleeping with another woman, or better yet girl as she was around your age, when I came back home. We talked and he..." She rubbed her arm and looked to the side not wanting to finish the sentence, but her hesitation was enough for everyone ,except Ruby who still had an idea what was implied, to fully grasp what happened.

Ruby: "So you will be staying with us for until whatever is happening back home is solved?" Ruby asked.

Summer: "Yes my Petal, Master Schwarz was generous enough to grant me a roof to sleep under."

Y/n: "You make it sound like as if I saved you from freezing to death." Y/n deadpaned.

Summer: "Well you did get me out of that situation before the worse could happen."

Jaune: "Is that why you left so suddenly back in Ports class?" the Paladin questioned.

Y/n: "Yes I had Munin accompany Summer to make sure she got home safely but before I could order her to come back she reported Mister Xiao Longs strange behaviour, I quickly went to the headmaster to come to Summers aid, after a quick fight against Taiyang me and Summer left and returned to Beacon."

Yang: "So you saved her again?"

Y/n: "More like helped her out of a difficult situation, but yeah you could say it like that."

Yang: "There is a lot of things I want to do with you now." She said with a seductive tone that made Y/n flinch.

Summer: "Yang Xiao Long, you forget that your mother is still present!" Yang froze and began to sweat nervously.

Yang: "Oops said that out loud. Hehe sorry mom."

Y/n: "Good grief... what did I get myself into? Continuing on, Ren and Jaune could you bring the bed from my room into the empty bedroom?"

Ren: "Right away." The two boys got up and went upstairs.

Phyrra: "Where will you sleep?"

Y/n: "The couch or next to Fenrir, he is suprisingly comfortable."

Summer: "I cant possibly take your bed." Summer objected.

Y/n: "You are not taking it, I am giving it to you. We can go and get another bed but there is no telling if we can get it today, so for now you will take mine while I take the couch, you and your daughters can go shopping for the things you will need for the time you are with us." Y/n suggested and Ruby perked up, stars in her eyes as she dashed to her mother, grabbed her hand, did the same with Yang before dashing off leaving Velvet, Nora , Phyrra and Y/n.

Phyrra: "Anything you want us to do master?"

Y/n: "If you and Nora could go into the forest behind our guildhall and chop down some trees that would be great, we are going to need some firewood and some planks to board up the windows. Ask the boys to help you while I am off to a meeting."

Velvet: "Who are you meeting?" the bunny asked interested.

Y/n: "Dont know the name but it is the guildmaster of Cocos guild."

Velvet: "Do you want me to join you?"

Y/n: "No need, you can relax for a bit, maybe start getting things cleaned up." Y/n suggested and Velvet nodded. "Ok I wont be gone for long." With that Y/n began to make his way towards the guild of Coco, but soon he realized a small problem, he had no idea where that could be. "Hugin, Munin please try to find Coco, if she isnt in a guildhall ask her where the guild is." The two raven gave a short caw of agreement before taking flight. It wasnt long until the two birds returned and perched down on his shoulders.

Hugin: "They are awaiting you master.~"

Y/n: "Lets not keep them waiting for any longer. Lead the way." Hugin disappeared back into his shadow as Munin leads Y/n to the guild of Coco. Upon getting closer Y/n spotted a rather big group of students seemingly waiting for someone and as they spotted Y/n they quickly formed a corridor as the door to the guild opened. Confused Y/n walked closer.

Students: "The Guardian Guild welcomes you Master Schwarz." They said in unison while bowing respectfully. Y/n spotted Coco standing in the doorway and walked next to her.

Y/n: "Care to explain this welcoming party?" he asked his friend.

Coco: "My guildmaster watched your ranking exam and decided to teach the guildmembers a bit about respect." She shot some guildmembers a glare, which made them go stiff. "But please follow me the guildmaster is waiting for you in his office." Y/n nodded and the two walked through the giant building that was the guildhall of the Guardian Guild. "So what caused you to suddenly call in that meeting?"

Y/n: "My guild got vandalized by a currently unknown group. They broke every window, or at least what was left of them, painted the front in rotten food and they dared to attack one of my guildmembers, a worker I am close friends with who due to previous problems ended up homeless, so I offered her a spot in my guild."

Coco: "Mhm, you are smoking." Coco pointed out half jokingly. Y/n looked around and saw that the entire floor was covered in black fog.

Y/n: "I appologize, this seems to happen when my anger gets the better of me." The smoke slowly disappated as Y/n calmed down. Coco nodded and the two soon reached the door leading to the guildmaster of the Guardian Guild. Coco knocked and a calm voice called out for her to enter. As the two stepped inside Y/n saw the behemoth of a boy sitting behind a heavy wooden desk, a giant curved bronze colored blade hung on the wall behind him. The boy stood up as he saw his guest making Y/n realize the difference in height yet it wasnt him that was the smaller one. Y/n saw the face of astonishment on the guildmaster face as that boy had to look up to meet Y/ns eyes.

Guildmaster: "I... ehm, well that is new. Mhm..." the boy looked at Coco. "Is that how you guys feel then talking to me?"

Coco: "Yep. Guess you can finally have a taste of having pains in your neck from looking up to meet someones eyes." Coco smirked.

Y/n: "As much as I enjoy watching this friendly banter between you I would like to get this meeting started, my guild is currently at a difficult spot and I would prefer to be there to help out."

Guildmaster: "Oh of course." The boy bowed politely. "My name is Yastuhashi Daichi, I want to apologize for the behaviour of some of my guildmembers, please if there is anything I can do to make you forgive them just state it." Y/n gave a bow on his own.

Y/n: "Im Y/n Schwarz, the guildmaster of the Hunter Guild, a pleasure meeting you."

Coco: "I will leave and bring our other 'guests'." With the closing of the door the atmosphere in the room suddenly changed to a heavy one.

Yatsuhashi: "I heard about what happened to your guildhall."

Y/n: "Oh and how did you get that information?"

Yatsuhashi: "Lets wait for Coco to bring our guests. Can I interest you in a cup of tea?"

Y/n: "Oh yes please, you dont know how hard it is to get a good cup." Y/n said while sitting down in the chair on the opposite side of the office desk. A cup of steaming hot and delicously smelling jasmine tea was placed in front of him. With a thank you Y/n took a careful sip making sure to savour the taste. "Ah thank you Master Daichi."

Yatsuhashi: "Please lets drop the formalities, call me Yatsu."

Y/n: "Only if you call me Y/n." Y/n offered back. Taking another sip from his tea he heard the door open behind him so he turned around and saw Coco shoving in a trio of very beaten boys.

Yatsuhashi: "Let me introduce you to three of my newest guildmembers, the boy with the left black eye is Jan Ziegel, the one with the broken arm is Paul Karmin and the one that can bearly stand is Philipp Rubin. And I believe they have something to tell you. Isnt that right boys?" it wasnt a question more a threat.

Boys: "WE ARE SORRY OF HAVING HELPED VANDALIZE YOUR GUILD!" the three shouted while bowing.

Y/n: "So you were part of the group that attacked Velvet?"

Paul: "N-no, we just threw food, I swear sir." the other two nodded in agreement.

Y/n: "I will forgive you if you give me the names of the one that lead you."

Philipp: "It was Cardin Winchester and his friends, Dove Bronzewing, ehm..."

Jan: "Russle Thrush and Sky Lark." The last boy finished.

Y/n: "They were the ones that convinced you?"

Philipp: "Cardin offered a big sum of coins if we joined in, I dont know where he got so much but it was 100 Gold for each of us."

Jan: "We needed the money, without a rank we cant do quests and the best farming spots are already taken."

Paul: "We thought that we can get away with just throwing a tomato or two each."

Y/n: "I think I heard enough and judging from how you three look I guess your guildmaster already punished you?" The three nodded. "Keep the money, but the three of you will come by to my Guildhall tomorrow after school, you will help me board up the broken windows."

Philipp: "That is all? No beating? No insults? No screaming? Just some carpentry work and we will be forgiven?" The boy got smacked over the back of his head by Coco.

Coco: "Be greatful you idiot. Do you have any idea who you messed with?"

Jan: "No, Cardin said he was just some classless lo-" Paul and Philipp quickly clamped their hands over Jans mouth making sure he doesnt finish that sentence.

Yatsuhashi: "Maybe I should enlighten you three on just how badly you messed up. This boy is Y/n Schwarz, guildmaster of the Hunters Guild, a guild that even after just having been founded is already climbing the ranks in record speed. But most important he is the first Hero-in-training to earn the S-Rank." the three paled. "Yes now you know just how lucky you are with the punishment you got."

Boys: "Thank you for your mercy sir Schwarz." The boys bowed again.

Y/n: "Dont be late. You may leave now." With that the three were quickly gone and Y/n took another sip from his now cold tea. "I guess the beating wasnt the only punishment you had for them?"

Yatsuhashi: "They have cleaning duty of the bathrooms for the next 3 months. Also I was thinking about kicking them out or at least take away their permission to do quests."

Y/n: "Let them stay, I believe what they said about only having done a minimum amount of the vandalizing."

Yatsuhashi: "You are awefully mercyful for what I heard about you."

Coco: "Yatsu, I told you that Y/n isnt like what people say."

Yatsuhashi: "True, but I saw him take apart an A-Rank Hero."

Y/n: "I am a norse, I believe that a fight without injuries is nothing more than a training session."

Yatsuhashi: "A norse?"

Y/n: "I believe in the gods of old, legends of a time long gone, one that precided the time of classes."

Yatsuhashi: "Interesting. Now I belive we have yet to talk about what you wanted to talk about?"

Y/n: "I want to form an alliance between our two guilds. I cant offer you much but my guildmates all are more than ready to help if you should need it."

Coco: "I would do it Yatsu, just Y/n alone is worth more than 20 men."

Yatsuhashi: "Guess that is decided then. I will gladly ally myself with you."

Y/n: "May Hunters and Guardians fight alongside till the end." Y/n said with a smile as the two shook hands, sealing the deal. "Ok so, I could still need some help with finding the culprits behind the attack on my guild, Cardin and his friends cant possibly have earned enough money to have made the same offer to everyone, they either lied to some of the ones they offered the money to, or they had a backer. Someone has to have given them the money they used to pay the people."

Yatsuhashi: "Is there anyone with enough money and a reason to hate you?"

Y/n: "The money part I am not sure, but the hate part? Well most of the students here hate my guts for being here, so not very specific. But I think I have a suspect. Weiss Schnee, she once was a member of my guild but due to her poor behaviour I gave her the boot,she could have the money thanks to her family buisiness and the reason because I kicked her out."

Coco: "Should I send one of our Rogue types?"

Yatsuhashi: "Yes please do, tell them to find out if Weiss has any connection with Cardin." Coco nodded and left the room. "I must apologize but that is all I can do for you for the time being."

Y/n: "That alone is more than enough. I will now leave, feel free to come and visit whenever you want, my guilds door will always be open for you." The two said their goodbyes and Y/n went back to his guild.

Nearly a week has past since the day Valhalla was vandalized, but thanks to the aid of the Guardian Guild it was now fully repaired. Glass windows got replaced, old floor boards renewed, some decoration added and even some interior remodelling got done. Summer quickly took over as the mother of the guild, making sure everyone was well fed, well rested, had a clean set of clothes and, if needed, a shoulder to cry on. Everyone was thankful for her and Velvets help, they agreed that without them things wouldnt feel as homely as it did.

Y/n managed to rebuild the old shack into a small forge and at the moment he was carrying the crate with Alfromr towards it. Stepping inside he felt at peace, it reminded him of the workshop he spent countless hours in back at home, only thing missing was an anvil and he would be ready to begin working on some projects he had planned for quite some time now.

Placing the crate on the ground, Y/n grabbed the anvil. The moment his hands touched the cold metal the runes began glowing a dim blueish light, a pulsing sound echoed through the workshop as Y/n could feel the dormant power of the enchantments finally reawake. With the biggest care in the world Y/n placed the anvil at the spot where it would hopefully stay for the years to come, as he heard a voice.

Voice: "Form, bend, cut, pinch, punch, drag, sharpen, harden." He heard the anvil itself whisper. "Blood of old, past, legends. Awaken me, myself, I." It sounded almost like hammering when the spirit of the anvil spoke.

Y/n: "Tell me how." Y/n said.

Alfromr: "Blood, life force. Give it to me, drip, drop, drip, drop." Y/n was hesitant but quickly steeled his resolve as he summoned Hugin in his dagger form and cut his finger, letting the crimson liquid drip onto the anvil. The blue runes slowly turned red as the anvil began to grow in size, where it was as big as a cat it now had the size of a sheep, it looked heavy, unmoveable now. "Thank you master, lord, jarl, king. Let us work together to make great weapons, swords, axes, daggers, spears."

Y/n: "Of course partner." With a smile Y/n placed a piece of iron into the forge and began to work the bellows. Soon the metal was glowing hot and Y/n took it to the anvil ready to begin to shapen it. He formed the ingot into a rod before slowly beginning to shapen the ends, one took the shape of the head of a snake the other formed the tail. Y/n noticed that even with all the forming he did the metal has yet to cool back down to the point of not glowing anymore. "I take it this is your doing Alfromr?" Y/n asked.

Alfromr: "Yes, master. Odins runes, magic, enchantment. It bends the fires, flames, heat, of Muspelheim." the anvil answered.

Y/n: "Interesting. How did you end up in the auction house?"

Alfromr: "Odin vanished, Alfromr fell into deep slumber, rest, sleep. I awoke in a forge, old blood nowhere to be felt. Sleep,rest, slumber till given the old blood again."

Y/n: "So you dont know how you ended up here?" A grunt like sound was his answer. 'Odin vanished Hugin and Munin said the same thing, but what about the rest of the gods? Did they Vanish too, if so why are my summons still here?' Y/n thought as he began to form an armring out of the rod. Once done he quenched it in a bucket of water before he sat down at the worktable where he kept his tools, slowly Y/n began to carve scales into the body of the snake, which now had his own tail in its mouth. Being happy with the result Y/n placed the ring down and went to grab a big enough ingot of iron for Rubys scythe, as he was rummaging through the crate of metal scraps something caught his eye, a small rock, the one dropped by the Elder Grimmling. He felt a strange energy seeping off of it as he held the stone in his hands. "I wonder if I can use you for Ruby weapon." Y/n mumbled. "Well only one way to find out." he shrugged as he took a few pieces of iron and a crucible. Filling the crucible up with iron scraps and the stone Y/n placed it into the fire. He worked the bellows nonestop, neither slowing down nor speeding up as the fire burned brightly.

Jaune: "Hey Y/n, what are you doing?" the paladin asked as he entered the workshop.

Y/n: "preparing the metal for Rubys new scythe, the one she currently uses will not hold long and the ones you can buy are either garbage or too expensive. Mind helping out for a bit?"

Jaune: "I dont mind, want me to get someone else to help out too?"

Y/n: "Get Yang or Phyrra, we need someone with high strength." Jaune nodded and left, soon returning with Phyrra.

Phyrra: "Ok Master, what do you need us to do?" the girl asked while fixing her hair into a ponytail.

Y/n: "I need you one of you to work the bellows for me while the other continues to shovel charcoal into the fire. I will prepare the ingot mold."

Jaune: "I will take the bellows." The boy said confident.

Y/n: "I would recommend Phyrra to do it, nothing against you Jaune but it does sap you rather quickly and you might have too low of a stamina stat. But the shoveling will also be nice training."

Jaune: "Ok." he said while hanging his head dejectedly.

Phyrra: "Dont be so down, Im certain Master Y/n just wants to make sure you dont overwork yourself." Phyrra said while patting Jaunes back.

Y/n: "Ok Phyrra get ready to switch, I dont want this to cool down too much."

Phyrra: "Ok, ready when you are." she said as she stood next to Y/n.

Y/n: "Three, two, one, switch." Y/n said and let go of the bellow as Phyrra quickly grabbed it and continued working it with the same rythm as Y/n did. "Good, Jaune the coal."

Jaune: "Sure thing Y/n." he began to throw shovels full of coal into the fire. While those two made sure that the metal would properly melt Y/n began to prepare the mold, unfortunately he doesnt have enough of the right clay to form a mold for the entire scythe blade so he had to resort to making a simple ingot cast and forging the blade out of that ingot. An hour later both Jaune and Phyrra were soaked in sweat and Jaune was panting heavily, Y/n meanwhile looked perfectly fine. "H-how long... do we have to do this." Jaune panted out.

Y/n: "Let me have a look." He stepped closer and looked at the crucible, what he saw made him raise an eyebrow in confusion, he expected a orange-yellowey liquid but instead the liquid metal was crimson red with black tints swirling around in it. "Note to self, boss drops might have strange influences on metals. But it looks completly liquid so we can begin casting it." both Jaune and Phyrra stopped what they were doing, letting out a sigh of relief. Y/n took a pair of tongs and carefully took out the hot crucible, with the most care he began to pour the strange metal into the mold. As the mold was full he realized that he still had some left over, not much, but probably enough for another armring or a smiliarly sized piece. Looking around the workshop he saw a mold that he could use. "Jaune fetch me that mold in the second shelf." Jaune nodded and brought the requested item to Y/n. "Place it next to the other." Y/n said before pouring the remaining metal into the mold. "Ok you two can go and relax, I will probably work through the night."

Phyrra: "Are you sure you should pull an allnighter?" The Gladiator asked concerned.

Y/n: "Dont worry, I have a passive that allows me to pull allnighter no problem."

Jaune: "Im not sure if Summer will be fine tho." Jaune put in his own two cents.

Y/n: "Yeah, probably, but meh, problems for future me." Y/n said as he grabbed the molds, the ingots now having cooled down to the point of being solid. He walked to the bucket of water and dropped the ingots in, the water instantly began to boil as the ingots cooled down. As he took them back out he noticed that Jaune and Phyrra were gone. "Now lets get you into shape." Y/n said as he placed the bigger ingot into the fires and worked the bellows, soon Y/n was certain the metal reached the right temperature to be forged and so he began to hammer it into shape.

Night fell upon Beacon. The howling of the wind and the rustling of leaves could be heard, as the destinct sound of hammer hitting metal echoed through the night. Y/n, who decided to take of his sweat soaked shirt, worked concentrated on a giant curved blade, the metal shaping under his hammer blows. Sweat dripped off of his face as his gaze was focused on his work. Hit by hit the blade took shape, the rough edges slowly becoming more and more cleaner, bevels were hammered in and an eye added into the thickest part of the blade only waiting to be filled with a handle.

The sound of water turning into steam was heard as Y/n plunged the mostly finished blade into the bucket. Only things missing were a last sharpen of the edge and the adding of an handle.

Y/n: "A wooden handle would break too fast, but one out of metal is both too heavy and to much material. Mhm...could I reinforce the wood? No that would combine both problems and only improve the strength slightly while making the thing to heavy and to expensive. Maybe stronger wood? But which kind and where would I even get enough?" Y/n began to mumble while using the grinding wheel to sharpen the crimson blade. It turns out that adding that boss drop caused the iron to change. The color was not the only change, Y/n noticed. The metal felt lighter yet stronger, it was harder to form and took longer to heat up. As he placed the finished blade, which was atleast 3 times the size of the usual scythe blade, Y/n noticed the pair of antlers sitting on one of the shelfs. They were enormous, deer like in shape and the perfect material for the handle. Y/n didnt waste time as he took one of the antlers and began carving the handle.

The sun began to rise as Y/ns work was nearly done, only a few bumps left to smoothen out and than only the assembly was left. With the completion in sight Y/n got careless. This carelessness was quickly punished as the carving knife sunk deeply into the flesh of his thumb, drawing blood which got on the handle. Barking a curse Y/n grabbed a piece of cloth to clean the blood off, but he quickly noticed a change. The prestine white of the antler began to be covered in blood red symbols, or to be precise, Runes.

Y/n: "Hugin, Munin, any idea?" Y/n asked the two birds that formed on his shoulders. The two looked at the appearing runes with great interest as the writing seemed to be constantly changing.

Munin: "It seems to ask for what you want to carve in.~"

Hugin: "Speak the enchantment.~" Y/n took a moment to think about what he wants to put on the weapon but soon he found the perfect enchantment, he just couldnt think of a way to put it into words. Suddenly he felt his mind clear, a language previously as unknown to him as the origin of classes, suddenly felt like he knew it since his birth.

Y/n: "Vertu harður eins og steinn, snöggur sem vindur og létt eins og fjaður. Rauði dauðinn." Y/n said while gripping the handle. The runes began to glow and form into the words Y/n spoke.

Hugin: "Hard as stone.~" Hugin cawed as a black smoke came out of him and Munin and flew towards the handle.

Munin: "Swift as the wind.~"

Alfromr: "Light as a feather." Embers flew from the anvil to the handle

Y/n: "Red Death." Blue flames came out of Y/ns hands as the Runes were carved into the handle. The glowing stopped and Y/n felt, or rather didnt feel, the weight of the handle. Testingly Y/n tried bending it yet it would move. "I believe it worked."

Fenrir: "Indeed it did. You leveled up 3 times, your forging skill improved by 4 levels and you unlocked the skills 'Runesmith' and 'Runic Enchantment'." Fenrir listed of the new things.

Y/n: "Wow... I guess I now know why my brother was level 20." Y/n said. "What are the two skills exactly?" he asked.

Fenrir: "'Runesmith' allows you to add enchantments in form of runes to an item while crafting. 'Runic Enchantment' does the same but only for already crafted items. Both skills require the item to have the rank B or higher. The higher an items rank the better the enchantments that can be added. Number of enchantments depends on rank, type and size of the item. To begin the enchanting process the skill user must first put a drop of blood on the to be enchanted item, than it must chant the enchantment and give the item a name." Fenrir read out loud.

Y/n: "So if I am lucky and that armring I made is B-Rank or better I can use Runic Enchantment to add an enchantment?"

Hugin: "I believe so.~"

Munin: "Only one way to find out.~" Y/n nodded and grabbed that armring.

Y/n: "Mhmm... what should I add?" he mulled. "OH I know. Breyttu vindum örlaganna. Sumarormur." This time only the eyes of the serpents head began to glow red as Fenrir appeared next to Y/n.

Fenrir: "Change the winds of fate." He said as smoke flew from him into the armring.

Y/n: "Summer Serpent." The eyes glowed brighter and Y/n actually felt his energy get sapped out, either because his energy was already low from the previous enchantment or because Runic Enchantment costs more to be used. The glowing stopped and Y/n inspected the item, the scales now were covered in tiny runes. "Ok it worked but it took alot of energy. I guess it costs more because it was an already finished item instead of an unfinished one." Y/n mumbled. A long yawn escaped Y/n as the fatigue of staying up all night began to catch up. "Better get this finished." he said as he sat down at the workbench and began to assemble the scythe.

With a last clean up Y/n inspected his work. It was a beauty he had to admit. The blade looked razor sharp and sturdy, while the handle looked both elegant and resilient. All in all Y/n was quiet happy with his work and couldnt wait to see Rubys face when she gets her new weapon. Another long yawn escaped Y/n, whos eyes began to grow heavy. With the last bit of energy Y/n dragged himself into the guild and onto the couch, his eyes falling shut the moment he touched the soft cushions. His guildmates would find him sitting there without a shirt and a content smile on his lips.

Hey guys Wolfy here, I hope you enjoyed this extra long chapter. I sure as hell had fun writting this. And boy let me tell you getting 6000 words down really makes me smile. As you might have noticed I decided to set up some future events, one for the near future one for a bit later in the story, additionally I introduced Alfromr into the mix.

You might have noticed my ways of writing Y/ns summons dialogues. Eachone having their own way of talking. I wanted to use this A/N to explain this a bit closer, just so we are all on the same page. Lets start with Y/ns first summon, Fenrir.

Fenrirs dialogue is written in bold letters, this is supposed to show the gruffness of his voice. He voice is deep and growle like.

Next are Hugin and Munin. Hugin is male and Munin are female, the two of them, while being to seperate birds do count as one summon and it is resembled in their way of talking. The two birds like to talk in tandum, if they have longer dialogues they tend to switch back and forth between who is the one saying something. They also finish their sentences with caws which I show by writting '~'.

Now Heidrun. The female goat bleats while talking. I write the bleating by splitting words that have the letter 'A' in them into two, for example the word 'Master' was written 'Ma-aster'.

Sährimnir grunts out the sentences and keeps them short, words are missing and his words tend to sound more like grunts or growls.

Lastly, while not being a summon, is Alfromr. The spirit of the anvil speaks in short sentences, where one word is repeated but instead of the same word, words with similar meaning are said. For example if the sentence ends with the word 'fire' Alfromr will say: "...fire,flames,heat."

That is all for now, and I hope I was able to give you a bit more insight about these characters. Let me know what you think and feel free to ask if you have any questions. I also want to thank my friend Jaylan for helping me decide on the name of Cocos guild.

I hope to see you on the next chapter and I wish you a great week.

Wolfy out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 74 19
The dwelling monsters of Remnant, Grimm. Those who hunt grimm are called "Hunters". Diego Coronatus is a 17y old boy from Atlas who decided to attend...
84.7K 734 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...
86.6K 1.9K 40
Title inspired by Mitmite2 Most of the Jaune Arc fanfictions I read just aren't good enough. They either make him impossibly op or he's unjustly bet...
2.9K 153 15
*This story is on going through really drastic changes so read at your own risk* "I look at myself horrified of my face, all of my characteristics ha...