The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
After School Ends
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

Cast Call.

178K 2.7K 718
By Jaee_101

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE PICTURES MENTIONED BELOW!

Character List:

Zaria Simmons: (Main character)

Zaria is the main protagonist. She is 16 years old, and average height, embarking on one of the most journeys of her life; high school. She possesses a rich melaninated complexion with a mass of curly black hair, brown eyes, and full lips. She has a unhealthy relationship with her mom and sister, which has contributed to her overall dwindling self esteem. While her bestfriends Candace and Stacey try to lift her up, she has yet to master the art of self love & acceptance. Nonetheless she is smart, so smart so became the first in her family to become a senior at her age and takes dual enrollment classes. She is a bit timid, but possesses a lot of creativity and talentIt was only when she got comfortable did others see her passionate personality. But she was a kind and humble young woman. She wants to be a creative, but of course her family is constantly putting her down and making her more insecure. Between the bullying at home and school she just cannot seem to catch a break. Hopefully, things will start to look up for her as she approaches graduation.

Candace Adebayo:

Candace also know as Candy, is one of Zaria's best friends. She is 5'7 a 17 years old senior and is a first generation American. With her dad, hailing from the Yoruba tribe, People would describe her as sweet, outgoing and 100% real. She will kill you for the people she loves but yet she doesn't like to exhibit violent behavior. Although she was bullied in her younger years for being dark, she was taught by her parents to embrace her skin and proactive in her self love. Once in high school she began to find herself, and come into a confident, melaninated women with vision. She surrounded herself with genuine people and tried to make the most of her high school experience! She aspires to be a psychiatrist and is an avid reader of suspense novels.

Stacey Romano:

Stacey also known as Stace is a ball of personality who has no filter. Like Candy, she is really close to Zaria as well. She is 5'6 and a 17-year-old senior in high school. She is biracial, with an African father and an Italian mother. Because of her culturally enriched home, she enjoys food from everywhere across the cultural spectrum but still keeps herself in shape. She aspires to become a teacher or school counselor because she loves children. She loves to read young adult novels and is obsessed with art. She is also very protective of her close loved ones.

Setting: Houston,Tx!!!

Dewayne Mills:

Dewayne also goes by Wayne, D-Wayne, and D. Originally from Philadelphia, he is a 17-year-old senior, who moved to Houston to finish school. He is the star point guard on his varsity high school team. Because of his popularity and good looks, he literally has girls throwing themselves at him. He is 6'3 covered in tattoos and has pretty greenish brown eyes. He had the perfect smile. His build was more of a lean muscular type.

Like most good-looking men, he is taken. His girlfriend was the school's head cheerleader, Tracey. He has a small circle of people he considered friends and was closer to his two long-time friends Trevante and Devon. He felt like they had grown up together, even though they only met him once he started high school. They were the ones who made him feel at home when he moved away from home away from most of his family. Although he did have a bad temper he really wanted to work on managing that and controlling it for the sake of his future. Because of his tough upbringing, he was determined to create a better life for himself. At the end of things, he hopes to play ball professionally and wants to become an architect to redistribute stability into black communities.

Devon Johnson:

You know have every group of friends has that one person who just has no filter? Devon Johnson was definitely that person. Nicknamed Dev, he is a 17-year-old senior who is interested in oceanography. His complexion was like a smooth milk chocolate bar. He with an amazing smile and piercing brown eyes. Standing at 6'2 he also had a lean muscular build and the power forward on the varsity basketball team. He has aspirations on playing basketball professionally but also wants to go to school to become a marine geologist. He has a reputation at school for his blunt commentary and confident, smooth demeanor. Although he had talked to a few girls, he hadn't figured out whether or not he was willing to settle down yet. While he was open to the idea, he wasn't in a rush.

Trevante Álaverz:

Trevante is Dewayne's other close friend who is a shooting guard for his varsity team. He is 17 years old and biracial with a Puerto Rican mother. He was born in Puerto Rico, to a U.S. soldier as a father and a native mother. After a few years, his family moved back to Texas. From there he continued to grow up and attended school in Houston. Because of all the moving, his family did during his childhood his social abilities were affected and so originally he was very quiet and timid. But over time he hardened up and adjusted. He's 6'4 and plays the position power forward for his varsity basketball team. As far as relationships he hadn't found the one with who he was ready to be exclusive yet. Like many seniors, he wasn't sure if he wanted to be in a relationship and wasn't putting too much effort into it because it wasn't a priority. He's a compassionate person when needed but had a goofy side to him that was only revealed amongst his friends. He's hoping to become a mentor for young kids, especially Hispanics like himself to mentor and create his own youth foundation.

Tracey Davis:

Tracey Davis is the Queen bee at her local high school. She's an 18-year-old senior who's also the head cheerleader. She's in a relationship with Dewayne and has her own elite group of friends from her squad. She describes herself as someone who exudes absolute confidence and sits on top of her social pyramid. She was taught from a tender age how to use what she had to get what she wanted. She enjoyed the finer things in life and foresees a very high caliber and lavish lifestyle in her future. Because of this, she claims her place on top, and won't let anyone stand in the way of her and her reputation. In short, she has some unknown issues with Zaria that's resulted in her being hostile towards her. She's had her foot on Zaria's neck since freshman year and doesn't plan on letting up anytime soon. Ironically, she hangs out with Mikeyla who is Zaria's older sister. Together they keep Zaria and other "haters" in check. Tracey values the visibility associated with her exclusive relationship. While most people may cower away from the public eye, she embraces it. In her mind, her relationship with Dewayne was perfect because of their high visibility and ability. She believes Dewayne has to provide a certain lifestyle for her.

Mikeyla Simmons:

Mikeyla is Zaria's older sister. She is 17 and a cheerleader of the varsity squad. Taking on a more antagonist role, she is the more favored daughter between her and her sister. Her and Zaria have a very strained relationship because Mikeyla has some pent-up emotions towards her sister. Her mom has played a major role in her upbringing and mindset because she received more active parenting from her mother. Mikeyla also enjoys having visibility and having excess to any boy she wants. She sees herself in a big house, married to a great man, living a lash lifestyle, and having unlimited access to hypervisibility.  If she had to describe herself it would be as a boss who has no intention of associating with people beneath her & an undeniable beauty that the less fortunate love to hate.

Let the games begin!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
49.1K 1.2K 42
𝒲𝑒'𝓋𝑒 π’Άπ“π“Œπ’Άπ“Žπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π“ˆπ‘œ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔. β™‘β™‘ 𝐍𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐨π₯𝐚𝐬 π†π«πšπ²π¬π¨π§ grew up with the finest things money coul...
135 0 12
Zariah has tried something new. She tried something domestic. Now she is in a good place. Happy with herself. Happy with her family. And very happy w...
179K 8.3K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.