More Than Friends

By jthawtiter

Everybody life is good, living great, and enjoying their purpose for being on earth. Family means everything... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 Pt. 1
Chapter 63 Pt. 2
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80

Chapter 8

2K 62 9
By jthawtiter

*Nova in P.O.V.*

It was Friday afternoon meaning the family reunion was tomorrow. Everybody was heading to Pierre plane since that's how they was getting to New Orleans. They decided to take the small plane since it wasn't many coming.

Only Amarin, Pierre, there 3 kids, Dejah and her daughter, Layton, Lauren & Jamel alone with there son, August and his nieces, and Payton was suppose to be coming but nobody had heard from her. Every since Wednesday nobody heard from her or seen her.

"Nobody know where Payton at" Pierre asked concerned about his sister.

"She probably not coming" Lauren shrugged her shoulders not really caring.

"Lauren hush" Pierre told her as he walked off the plane calling her.

As he walked off the plane he looked to see Rakim dropping her off. She closed the door and walked towards the plane. Pierre met her halfway as Rakim pulled off.

"Wassup sis" Pierre said as she took her beats off and they did they handshake.

"Everybody here" she asked as they headed to the plane.

"Yea, Lauren is here also" he said and she stopped for a minute looking at him.

"And I have to sit with her don't I" she said already knowing that was the deal.

"Or by August" he said and she smacked her teeth.

"I'm sitting by August then" she said as she walked towards the plane.

"Payton you sure" he said and she nodded her head yes as she walked up the stairs to the plane.

"Positive" she said as she walked on the plane and he walked on it behind her.

"Wassup everybody" she said as she walked to the seat beside August.

"AUNTIE P" Asia yelled from the back of the plane.

"Wassup lil ones" she said smiling as she sat her stuff on the floor and she asked to her back on the plane.

"You sitting with us" Da'Layla asked as she high-five all them.

"No I'm sitting in the front" she said and Asia did a sad face.

"With who" she asked and Payton pointed to the front.

"I'm siting with August, but I'll see y'all when the plane ride end" she said and August scrunched his eyebrows up.

"Why you sitting with him" Amarin asked and she shrugged.

"Between Lauren and August I'd chose August to sit with" she said as she walked to the front of the plane.

"So you choosing a nigga who broke your heart over me" Lauren asked as she walked pass her.

"Lauren I'm choosing a seat beside him over a seat beside you, and for you information we had closure I'm sure you don't know what that means cause yo hair explains it" Payton corrected her and Pierre started laughing as she sat beside August.

"That damn Payton man" he said as he laughed harder causing Amarin to laugh to.

"Pierre stop she's pregnant" Amarin said and August chuckled a bit.

"Y'all should've told Payton to stop then I wouldn't be laughing" He said laughing harder.

"Pierre stop" Dejah said holding her laugh in as Payton put her beats over her ears.

"Ok...ok.... hell nawl Payton stupid man" he said wiping his face.

"Everyone be seated, the plane is about to move" the pilot said over the intercom. Everybody was quiet as it pulled off until Pierre started laughing all over again.

"WHEW THAT GIRL PAYTON" he said loud as he laughed harder.

Lauren just sat there.

The flight was almost over and Payton was asleep on August shoulder. He honestly didn't mind. He was writing a song and it seem like with her around him he it was easier. He was almost done with the song "Song Cry".

He wrote it for his brother Mel. He missed more and more ever day. The more he looked at his nieces the more he seen him. They was starting to look like him. The hardest part was the anniversary of his death, he hated it.

"The flight is almost over please prepare to exit the plane" the pilot said over the intercom.

"Payton" he tapped her and she smacked her teeth groaning.

"Huh" she said as she sat up rubbing her eyes.

"The flight is almost over" he said as she looked over at him.

"Geez I'm tired" she said as she sat up going her back pocket grabbing a piece of gum.

"AUNTIE P" she heard Asia yell from the back of the plane.

"Yes Asia" she said looking out the side of her seat back at them.

"BEAUTIFUL" she yelled and Payton smiled clapping her hands.

"Good job kid" she said and Asia clapped to.

"Auntie P" she heard D'Layla say as she sat back in seat taking her beats from her neck.

"I'm listening" she said loud enough for her to hear.

"Fruit cup" she said and Payton shook her head yes.

"I'll make you one" she said as she began looking for her phone.

"August have you seen my phone" she asked him and he shook his head no.

"Nawl want me to call it" he asked her and she nodded giving him her number.

Her phone began to ring under her seat. August leaned over and got it for her. He took in her scent as he sat up. He gave it to the and she thanked him as she unlocked it.

"Flight landing" the pilot said and plane landed.

Everybody exited the plane to see three black Escalades.

"Alright so tomorrow we wake up and get the day started, everybody getting a hotel right" Amarin said as they all stood infront of the plane.

"I'm ready to go" Payton said walking to the car.

"Well then everybody load up" Amarin said as held junior.

Every got in separate cars and of course all the kids wanted to ride with Payton. So Payton was in the car being asked a million questions while everybody else rode in peace. They pulled up the hotel and everybody got out.

"Let's go y'all" Amarin said as she opened the door and Payton grabbed junior.

"Da'Layla" Payton said shaking her and she woke up.

"I'm up" she said happily before climbing out the truck.

Pierre grabbed Asia and everybody else walked in the hotel. Pierre, Lauren, Dejah, and August paid for hotels. As Payton walked to the counter she was about to book her room but Pierre stopped him.

"Somebody paid for your hotel already" Pierre told her handing her the key and she looked at him before moving out the way.

"Who" she said and Pierre shrugged acting clueless but he knew August paid for hers.

"The lord, let's go" he said and Payton smacked her teeth chuckling.

"Thanks whoever paid for my room" she said cause she lowkey thought Lauren paid for it.

Everybody got on elevators and headed to their rooms. Like always all the kids wanted to spend the night with Payton and they knew she wouldn't mind. So everybody kids ended up coming to her room alone with Amarin and Dejah.

"Wait, y'all staying to" she asked as she all the kids sat on the end of the bed watching a movie.

"No the kids ain't gone be there so therefore I'm getting me some dick tonight" Amarin said as she sat on the couch in the living room area.

"So why you in here" Payton asked looking at her Apple Watch sitting on the other end.

"Well damn I wanted to say goodnight to my kids" she said as her phone went off with a message.

"Payton your hair is so pretty" Dejah complimented her sister as Amarin reed her phone.

Hubby❤️: BRING YO ASS HERE! -10:42 pm.

"Welp I gotta go, goodnight babies" Amarin said as she got up sliding her shoes on before rushing out the room.

"Well then" Payton said as she grabbed her laptop out her MCM bookbag.

"How's your book going" Dejah said as she searched on her phone.

"I'm on chapter eleven" she said as she logged into her computer.

"Girl that book was one of the best books I ever reed, make me wanna write my own story" she said causing Payton smile.

"I'm glad it inspired you, if you wanna write then I'll help you" Payton told her as she went to her notebook.

"How do you do it, like what you write it down what's gone happen or what" Dejah asked and Payton shook her head no.

"Honestly no, I don't brainstorm what the story is going to happen in the story. I just tell myself a topic and my brain get to thinking then boom there's a chapter" Payton said as she looked up at Dejah.

"Dang, your really smart and you didn't even go to college for that, you went to be a doctor" Dejah said and Payton shook her head no.

"What I need college for if I already know how to write, see when you put your mind to something you have to stick to it like glue" Payton told her and Dejah was taking her advice.

"So I haven't told anyone yet but since I know you know how to keep a secret I'll tell you" Dejah said getting up sitting closer to her smiling.

"What" Payton said looking over at her and Dejah clapped her hands happily.

"I've met my soulmate" Dejah said and Payton chuckled smiling.

"Da'Layla dad" Payton said and Dejah smacked her teeth.

"How did you know" Dejah said a bit shock.

"Da'Layla wasn't made off no one night stand, your not even that type of person, you had been knowing the dude for a couple months y'all slip up, and you got pregnant" Payton said and Dejah was so shocked.

"You wasn't ready and he ended up telling you he wanted the baby, you had her but you waited two years before getting back out there, he ended up finding out and he got you back, y'all been with each other for years now" Payton explained everything and Dejah just smiled.

"Payton how the hell you knew" Dejah said and Payton chuckled.

"Dejah I pay attention, a lot" Payton said as she began typing.

"How long have you knew this" Dejah asked and Payton shrugged.

"Da'Layla is five so five years" she said and Dejah wanted to hug her.

"See this why I tell you everything, you kept a whole secret for five years" Dejah said and Payton smiled shaking her head.

"I'm glad your happy" Payton said and she clapped her hands smiling.

"He's coming to the reunion tomorrow" she said and Payton expression changed so quick.

"I pray for you" Payton told her and she started to get nervous.

"What do you mean" she said and Payton sigh.

"Pierre is gone question him ever five minutes, so is rondo because rondo is with whatever Pierre with, then August gone be on him because he behind Pierre when it comes to anything, and James is gone be on him to and we not even gone get into our sisters" Payton said and Dejah started to but her nail.

"His flight just landed" she said looking at Payton.

"Chill I'll be there, calm down" Payton told her and she smiled at Payton.

"Thank you P" she said hugging Payton's neck.

"Ok you to close back up" Payton said jokingly and Dejah laughed.

"Speaking of August, you sat by him on the plane" she said smiling at Payton and she looked at her.

"I didn't wanna sit by Lauren so I had no other choice" Payton said blushing moving her hair out her face.

"But you fell asleep on his shoulder" she said and Payton giggled blushing.

"Dejah I was asleep what do you mean" Payton said and Dejah smiled noticing Payton was blushing as they talked about August.

"Y'all gone be a thang again

"Now your back" she said and Dejah phone went off with a text.

Babe❤️: I'm here at the hotel sweetheart, what room are you in. -10:55 pm.

"Alright P I'm about to go" She said standing up texting on her phone.

"Ok" she said as she continued typing on her phone.

"Da'Layla are you coming" Dejah said as she walked in the room area.

"No ma'am. I stay with auntie P and my cousins" She said and Dejah smiled.

"Ok, goodnight babygirl" She said kissing her check.

"Auntie Dejah you in the way" Asia said giggling.

"I'm sorry, I love y'all" she said as she was about leave.

"We love you too" all them said in union, she smiled before looking at Payton.

"Alright Pay I'm out" she said and Payton as she walked to the door.

"See you in the mornin" she said and Dejah walked out the door.

Payton put her laptop beside her and stood up. All the kids were all over the bed under the covers, watching the movie. Payton walked over to her LV carry bag. She grabbed her sleeping sweater that stopped at her knees.

She grabbed some undergarments and her tooth brush walking in the bathroom. She closed the door and began taking a very long and hot shower. After about a good hour she got out and dressed in her night clothes.

When she walked out the bathroom everybody was asleep. Junior was falling asleep on Asia arm. And the rest were all over the bed asleep. Sighing she walked over to the tv cutting it off.

She walked over grabbing her laptop and headed to the patio. It was a bit chilly but bearable. Her hair blew as she sat down. She began to type and relax as she listened to music.

August and the twins were sharing a room. He got a two bed and he was chilling on the patio while they slept. He had to use the bathroom so he took his headphones out only to hear a beautiful song.

He sat there and listened to the song until it went off. It was beautiful. He stood up and looked down to see Payton sitting on the patio running her hands through her hair humming the song.

"Damn" he said to hisself, she was so beautiful.

"Payton" he said loud enough for her to hear.

"Yo" she said pausing her music looking around.

"What's that song call" he asked her and she looked up smacking her teeth.

"Dang you all up in my business" she said as she stood up walking to the balcony so she could look up at him.

"No your music is loud" he said chuckling and she smiled.

"The song is called Another Lifetime by Nao" she told him and he looked at her confused.

"Say it again" he said and she smacked her teeth.

"NAO ANOTHER LIFETIME" she said louder and he smacked his teeth.

"I didn't say yell it" he said smirking as she rolled her eyes smiling.

"You heard what I said though" she said as she walked away from the balcony.

August went in his room and used the bathroom. He washed his hands, came out and covered his nieces up and went back to the balcony. He looked at the writing pad and out into the sky. He finished the song.

A tear fell from his eyes and he began to think of his brother. All the flashbacks hit him as he thought about him. He missed him and he felt even guilty because he hadn't been to his grave in over 3 years.

"Damn man" he said standing up grabbing his notepad.

He walked out his room and got on the elevator. Meanwhile, Payton was still working on her chapter. She ran her hands through her hair as she sat back and began to think. Hearing a knock she paused her music.

"Can't even have two seconds of piece" she said standing up walking in the room.

She walked to the door and opened it. Looking up August walked right in before she could close the door. He walked to the slide doors and onto the patio. Smiling a bit she walked over to the door leaning on it folding her arms across her chest.

"exactly what are you doing here" she asked pushing her hair back out her face.

"I wanna talk to you" he said and she leaned up walking over to the seat beside him.

"About" she said sitting down infront of her laptop.

"You been on my mind and imma real nigga so it's a must I tell you" he said she typed on her computer.

"Payton when I left that day I was hurt, not because I was leaving my family because I was gone see them regardless, but honestly because of you" he started off and she looked over at him.

"Then you went a year without talking to me, and I suffered bad. I started doing lean but got off of it once the girls seen me drinking it and almost drunk it" he told her and she sigh.

"And that's why I came to see you that day but you wasn't home and that paragraph was even worse knowing I broke your heart like that kilt me everyday Payton I swear, I moved on once you told me that you can never see yourself with anybody else not even me" he continued pouring out his feelings.

"But when I seen you last week Payton my heart dropped, and then you was so upset when you saw me I knew I fucked you up and I wanna apologize for that, don't hold yourself back from dating because of me, I'm sorry" he genuinely apologized to her and she smiled at him.

"August I've accepted your apology the day you got on your plane, I acted like that because I was not expecting to see you and I'm sorry if I offended you, but honestly no I don't wanna date because I feel better off by myself, you know" she told him the truth and she started to feel bad for sum odd reason.

"Well with that being said, friends right" he said and she smiled nodding her head yes.

"That's fine with me" she shrugged and he smiled at her.

"May I get a hug" he asked and she stood up so did he.

They embraced each other tight and happily. He had been wanting to do that since he seen her. He loved hugging her, something about her hugs made him feel better. Pulling away she smiled at him.

"Your beautiful and I'm glad we can be friends, a nigga couldn't get you off his mind" he told her and she chuckled sitting back down.

"Kinda have that effect on people you know" she said and he chuckled nodding his head.

"Yea alright, well I'm going back to my room now since I got that off my chest" he told her and she turned looking at him.

"Ok, goodnight" she told him and he kissed her forehead causing her to blush.

"Night P" he said leaning up walking back into the room. She watched as he exited her room and turned back around smiling.

As she sat there she just smiled. That's all she could do. Her phone began to ring and she looked at her computer since it was connected to her phone. It was Keyshawn calling her. She answered and waited til it connected.

"PAY-PAY" he yelled excitedly smiling in the camera.

"Wassup kid" she said smiling in the camera and he was so happy.

"I thought you was asleep" he said and Payton looked at the time in her computer.

"It's 12 in the morning, kid why are you up" she asked turning the volume up a bit:

"I can't sleep, I miss you" he said sadly and Payton sigh.

"I miss you too kid, how's school" she asked wanting to change the subject cause she knew he was a emotional kid.

"Good! I have all A's and I even got a good parent call" he said excitedly into the camera.

"That's good kid, basketball is doing you good right" She said and he smiled nodding.

"Thank you for paying my basketball dues Pay-Pay" he thanked her smiling and she just smiled.

"You know I got you" she said and they continued to talk.

He was so excited to talk to her. He felt like he hadn't seen her in years even though it had been almost 3 weeks. He asked her to stay on FaceTime with him til he fell asleep and she did. She waited til she finished her chapter before hanging up.

To Keyshawn❤️: GOODNIGHT, have a great weekend and continue to practice. Never give up and If you need anything I got you always remember that. Talk to you tomorrow, I love you Shawn❤️.

Once she sent the message she shut her computer down and headed in for bed. Putting her computer on the dresser she looked at the bed. KIDS were everybody. To save her the back pain she headed for the couch.

She put her electronics in charge and grabbed some cover off the chair. She climbed on the couch and sigh. She prayed and closed her eyes and began to have a goodnight rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
28.2K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
201K 5.7K 27
๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ | OCTOBER 2020 |
15.2K 563 32
Sequel to Bestfriendโ€ผ๏ธ Read and enjoy!