Her Saving Grace

By Kadenereadaholic

Kayla Green is not your typical girl. She is known and she has friends. People talk to her because of her eas... More

The Monster Living With Me
First Day Of School
Detention
Dodgeball
What Have I Done?
"Please Don't Leave Me"
Money Trouble
The Ongoing Nightmare
Exposed Truths and Accusations
Revenge Is Best Served Cold
The Bad Boy's Secret
Teacher Say What?
Tutor Session
Running Into Old Rivalries
I Would Have More Luck Finding Nemo Than Mr. Right
Drunken Monster Called Me What?
A Second Slip Up
The Bad Boy Opened Up To Me
Concert And Love Interest
Losing Himself
A Day At The Fair
A Raving Caveman
Party! Party! Party!
My Secret Is Out
"Let Me Help You"
Confession
Always Prepare For The Unexpected
The Fighting Match
He Is Now Mine
Oh Hell No
A Meeting To Never Forget
A Chance To Have Fun
Just When I Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse
Haunting Nightmares
Expressing Feelings
Angry Confrontation
A Ray Of Hope
Taking It Too Far
The Rescue
It's All Over
Faith Is All You Need
Everything Is Now Coming Together
Moving On

Epilogue

52.3K 1.3K 698
By Kadenereadaholic

In Loving Memory Of:
Lydia-Marie James Mitchell. Loving wife and mother.
March 5, 1979-June 30, 2014
~~~
Once met, never forgotten. Uncompromisingly unique. Generous of heart, constant of faith.
Remembered with love.

I read the writings displayed on my mother's gravestone. I looked at the orchids that I brought, before I laid it on the grave. She loved all flowers, but orchids were her favourite. I looked over at the grave beside hers. It was my father's. She was buried right beside him and for some reason, I know that they were both happy.

It was a Saturday, the fifth of March, her birthday. It has been a tradition to visit her grave on her birthday to bring a different flower. It has been three years since she passed, so it was now her third birthday not spent alive. I still miss her a lot, but I know she wouldn't want me to be sad forever. She would want me to move on with my life and be happy.

After spending a couple more minutes with my mother and father, I walked over to Jasmine's car a few distance away. For her birthday last month, she got a black convertible. She has always wanted one, so she was thrilled and excited when she got it.

I opened the passenger door and got in. "Alright, let's go." I said, closing the door.

Jasmine looked over at me. "Are you alright?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "Yes." I answered honestly.

From the backseat, Lucas leaned over to me and patted my shoulders. "That's good to hear." I turned around and gave him a smile.

Kevin, whose head was buried in a sports magazine looked up. "So, where are you and Jasmine going?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no clue." I turned to look at Jasmine. "Where are we going?"

She smiled at me, then started the engine. "First, we are going shopping and then we are going to treat ourselves at the spa." She looked behind at Kevin and Lucas. "You guys want to come with?"

They both shook their head. "No sorry, I have other things to do in town." Kevin said.

"Yeah and plus, we would rather skip the torture of shopping with you and Kayla." Lucas added. Jasmine and I looked at each other, then burst out laughing.

Jasmine looked at them in the rearview mirror. "Awwe babe, that's a bummer. We would have had so much fun." She said teasingly. She bit her lip to prevent from laughing again.

"Yeah, you guys don't know what you are missing." I added, stifling a laugh as well.

"We know exactly what we are missing." Kevin said. We couldn't contain our laughter anymore, so we burst out laughing once again.

As soon as Jasmine contained her laughter, she put the car into drive and drove away from the graveyard.

******

Three hours later, Jasmine and I were ready to go home. We had facials, manicure and pedicure. We also did our hair. I even followed my mind and cut my hair short. It now lay on my shoulders. I must admit, it was a relaxing day and I loved every minute of it.

Before heading home, Jasmine stopped at the supermarket so that I could get some things that Aunt Eloise had asked me to pick up. After another twenty minutes, Jasmine dropped me at home.

I looked at the time and saw that it was one o'clock. Carson told me earlier that he was going to pick me up at two. To go where? He didn't tell me. Only that it was a surprise. After unpacking the groceries in the kitchen, I went up to my room to get ready.

Forty five minutes later, I was ready. I still had ten minutes before Carson gets here, so I went downstairs to wait on him. Five minutes later, Carson arrived and I went outside to meet him. When he saw me, his eyes widen in surprise and then he smiled.

"You cut your hair." He said when I reached him. His eyes never left me.

I smiled. "Yeah, I wanted a change." I stood on my tiptoe and kissed him on his cheek. "Do you like it?"

He put his hand in my hair and run it through it. "Yes, I definitely love it." He then pulled me closer and give me a proper kiss. When he pulled away, he looked at me, a smirk playing on his lips. "Although to me, you will always look beautiful no matter how your hair is. Even if you are bald."

Shaking my head at him, I slapped him on his chest lightly and pushed away from him. "You are too slick." I said, walking over to the passenger side of his car. "Come on, let's go, Mr. Smooth."

"As you wish." He said smiling as he walked over to the driver's side.

******

Carson finally pulled the car to a stop. He had requested that I put on a blindfold, so I didn't know where we were. The only thing I know was that it was a crowded place and it was noisy. Carson got out of the car and I heard him walk around to the passenger side. He opened the door and helped me out.

"You can take off the blindfold now." He said to me when I was standing beside the car.

I took off the blindfold and saw that we were at the amusement park. My eyes went wide and I turned to face him. "The amusement park?" I asked in astonishment.

He grinned widely, apparently proud of himself. "I remembered you said that you love places like these. I also remembered how happy you were when I took you to the fair, so what better place than to bring you here?" He explained.

He watched as my face light up with my smile. I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "You are awesome! Thank you so much Carson!" I pulled away from the hug and looked around my surroundings. "This is great. I'm glad you brought me here."

He took my hand and we began to walk towards the entrance. I however, stopped him as I remembered something. "Please note, that you are not going to force me on the rollercoaster this time." I warned.

He gave me an innocent look and tried to hide his smile. "Why not, Kitten?"

"Because you know that I'm terrified of that thing." I said stubbornly.

He chuckled. "Now, why would I miss the opportunity of watching your terrified face - which is cute by the way -" I rolled my eyes at that. "And enjoy as you cling to me for dear life?" He teased. His voice was filled with mischief and his eyes twinkled with amusement. He was clearly enjoying himself.

I crossed my arms and gave him my best glare. "I hate you, you know that right?"

He smiled. "But you love me."

Shaking my head at him once again, I took his hand and continued towards the entrance, while trying to hide my smile. Carson was right and he knows it.

I do love him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
AN: This was the final chapter of HSG. I hope you like the epilogue. I also hope you like the entire story as much as how I enjoyed writing it.

This chapter is dedicated to all of you who read this story. Thanks for all the votes and comments as well. I really appreciate it! ❤😘

On another note...thanks a million for sending my story to FOUR THOUSAND reads!!!! 😳😳 I'm over the moon! ❤😘❤

Thanks also to my silent readers. I do see you and I still appreciate each and every one of you for reading my story. Your reads do count and I couldn't have reached four thousand reads without you 😊. There are a bunch of other people who have, voted and commented on my story and I can't mention you all, but I appreciate your support. This chapter is dedicated to all of you! You know yourselves, so thanks a lot!! ❤❤

A big thank you again to my wonderful sis DianaEnnisMason for her reads, comments and votes on my story. I couldn't have done it without you 😘. Also, I can't leave without thanking again calumfiction, Briaria, flurrymcflurry and candyfloss912 for their wonderful support. This story wouldn't have been up and going without you.

To all my readers, you don't know how much I like seeing your reads, votes and comments. You are all my biggest fans! Like seriously. I'm really glad that you enjoyed my story 😘

If you guys loved this story, please check out my other stories: Polar Opposites, Cupcakes And Tears and For The Love Of Dancing. To be honest, they are not as good, because these were the first batch of stories to be written and are a little crappy. I'm also working on my first mystery novel, so you can give it a try. It's called "Heat Of Deception. It is currently on hold until I finish with my other stories. I have some other ongoing stories that are also on hold until I'm finished with the sequel for this story.

Which leads me to my next announcement....drum roll please...

There is a sequel out for this story, "Her Saving Grace". It's called, "His Tamed Heart". Now that this story is rewritten and completed, I'll now be updating it again. So, if you are interested, please check it out 😊

Thanks again for your support on my story and for the last time, press the star button on your left to vote ;)

Comment also to make my day :)

I hope to see you all in "His Tamed Heart" 🙌

Stay extraordinarily awesome!

Love Alecia ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 2.5K 34
This story is the sequel to 'Her Saving Grace'. In order to understand fully and not be confused, please read 'Her Saving Grace' first. ****** Kayla...
137K 4.2K 56
When Renée Waltz got into her first relationship with her childhood best friend she didn't think she would have to continue to keep on faking a smile...
253 3 35
Kayla has been in love with her brothers best friend for as long as she can remember and she finally has the courage to tell Cole. Cole isn't someone...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...