Her Saving Grace

By Kadenereadaholic

Kayla Green is not your typical girl. She is known and she has friends. People talk to her because of her eas... More

The Monster Living With Me
First Day Of School
Detention
Dodgeball
What Have I Done?
"Please Don't Leave Me"
Money Trouble
The Ongoing Nightmare
Exposed Truths and Accusations
Revenge Is Best Served Cold
The Bad Boy's Secret
Teacher Say What?
Tutor Session
Running Into Old Rivalries
I Would Have More Luck Finding Nemo Than Mr. Right
Drunken Monster Called Me What?
A Second Slip Up
The Bad Boy Opened Up To Me
Concert And Love Interest
Losing Himself
A Day At The Fair
A Raving Caveman
Party! Party! Party!
My Secret Is Out
"Let Me Help You"
Confession
Always Prepare For The Unexpected
The Fighting Match
He Is Now Mine
Oh Hell No
A Chance To Have Fun
Just When I Thought Things Couldn't Get Any Worse
Haunting Nightmares
Expressing Feelings
Angry Confrontation
A Ray Of Hope
Taking It Too Far
The Rescue
It's All Over
Faith Is All You Need
Everything Is Now Coming Together
Moving On
Epilogue

A Meeting To Never Forget

41.9K 1.1K 296
By Kadenereadaholic

Have you ever had that moment where you wished you had superpowers?

Like if you wanted to reach school on time you'd wish you had super speed or if someone was bullying you, you'd wish you have super strength to knock them out with a single punch, or in order to avoid traffic, you'd wish you could fly...

Well, I've had those moments thousands of times. Right now for instance, I was wishing that I have an invisible cloak like the one Harry Potter had. I would throw it over me and walk away, escaping the evil look of my stepfather.

One minute I'm here and POOF! I will disappear in front of him. He wouldn't know what happened. He'd probably think he was losing it.

But those were just wishes that would never come true. So here I was standing in front of my stepfather, who has a pissed off expression on his face.

I knew that expression so well that I instantly got scared. I knew he wouldn't hit me in a public place, but what if he would? What if he decided that he didn't care anymore? What if all the years of drinking alcohol had gotten to him?

Allan then tilted his head and studied me. "I thought I told you to come back home." He said threateningly.

I shook my head. "I'm not going back there. I'm not going to let you hurt me anymore." I said levelly. I tried to sound confident, but failed miserably. He knew that I was intimidated and terrified by him. He liked that, as if he was fed by my fear and pain. I looked around me and realized that no one else was in this aisle. It was just Allan and I.

"Where are you staying?" He asked, his voice rising in anger. "Is it at one of your guy friends house?"

"That's none of your business." I said, my voice rising as well.

He took a step closer to me, a fake smile on his face. "Oh, isn't it? You are nothing but a worthless whore and if you know what's best for you, you'd come home this instant." He said, his gaze daring me to defy him. I looked back at him and I couldn't help but step back a little, trying to escape his murderous gaze.

"Get away from her." I heard a voice filled with anger say. I looked around at Carson and breathe a sigh of relief. He was standing a few distance away from Allan and I. He held in his hands the parcels of frozen meats that he had picked up.

Allan who was surprised by the disruption, turned towards Carson. "This is none of your business boy." He said, his tone held a warning that he should back off.

Carson stepped closer to us. His steps were threatening and his gaze never left Allan. "I'm not going to say it again. Get the hell away from her." He enunciated in a hard tone.

Allan turned to me again, his cold eyes bore into mine. "Is this one of your boyfriends?"

Carson put the items that were in his hands in the trolley and was beside me in an instant, facing Allan. His body was tense with anger and his fists were clenched at his sides. The look in his eyes was dangerous. I've never seen him this angry before, not even when he was squaring off with Oliver. "You better turn around and leave if you know what's best for you."

Allan looked at him for a short while and then he suddenly laugh. He stepped closer to Carson and pointed a finger at him. Carson didn't even move. He wasn't intimidated at all. "Who do you think you are? You think you can challenge me? Boy, if I were you, I'd just back off before you hurt yourself."

"You don't know who you're messing with." Carson said, barely controlling his anger. "You're already on the top of my list, for ever laying a hand on her."

Allan's anger flared and he swung around to look at me. The look in his eyes were clear. I told you what I'd do with you if you ever told anyone. The anger, hatred and reproach was so intense in his eyes as he advanced on me. I shrunk back in fear, but felt my back hit the shelves behind me.

Carson, who had anticipated Allan's intention, move to stand in front of me. He then pulled back his fist and punched Allan in the face. I was so shock at the intensity of the punch, that I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. Allan staggered and stumbled, hitting over two bags of chips from the shelf behind him to the floor.

Allan caught his balance before he could knock over more items on the shelf. He put his hands to his nose that was now bleeding and then looked at Carson. His eyes widen in shock as he now know what Carson was capable of. Before he could analyze what had just happened, Carson grabbed him by his shirt collar and raised his fist at him again. He was obviously not finished with him.

To avoid a scene from creating, I immediately stepped behind Carson and put my hand on his shoulder. "Carson you're in a public place. I don't want you to get in trouble." I said, hoping that he would listen to me.

Carson's shoulders were still tense under my touch. He looked around at me and then back to Allan. After a while of deliberating with himself, he let go of Allan's shirt and stepped away. "If you ever think about going near Kayla again, the next time you won't be so lucky because I won't go so easy on you."

I walked over to the trolley that was abandoned in the middle of the aisle and began to push it. "Come on, let's go." I said to Carson. I didn't want Allan to get ahead of himself and attack Carson. The man had a temper and I knew Carson wouldn't hesitate to beat the shit out of him. The manager would kick us out for sure or worst, the police could get involved. I really don't want that.

After cashing our items and stacking them into the car, we got in and drove away from the parking lot. Carson, who hadn't said anything to me since the encounter, finally spoke. "Why did you stop me?" He asked, looking straight ahead of him. He was still angry. He held the steering wheel tight and a muscle ticked in his jaw.

I gave him an incredulous look. "Carson, you could've gotten into serious trouble. I had to stop you. He isn't worth it."

"When I saw him, everything that you told me and all the bruises and scars that I saw on you all came back to me. I wanted nothing than to finish him right then and there. Hurt him like how he hurt you. He deserves that and more." He said adamantly.

It was a great feeling to know that Carson would do that for me, but he had to think rationally here. "And then what? You go to prison?"

"Dammit Kayla! I don't care about that. The man abused you, he doesn't get to go off so easily!" Carson shouted.

I was taken aback by the tone of his voice and the anger directed towards me. It doesn't make any sense arguing with him about this. "Whatever Carson, let's just forget it." I turned towards the window and watched the scenery outside pass by. He was right, Allan deserves it, but he needs to understand that I was only protecting him.

Only a few seconds passed, when I heard Carson cursed under his breath and the car stopped suddenly. I looked towards him again, to find that he was already looking at me.

He sighed and said quietly. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize. I understand why you acted the way you did. I get it." And I really did. I understand his anger and impulse. I couldn't fault him for that.

"Yes, but you're right, I should have thought about the consequences. It's just that, I can't seem to think rationally when it comes to you." He admitted earnestly.

"It's okay Carson." I said, giving him a small smile.

"Come here." He said. I unbuckled my seatbelt and moved across to him, straddling his lap. "I didn't mean to shout at you. You're right, I lost control, but I just want to protect you."

I looked into his eyes and saw sincerity and a hint of vulnerability. "I know." I said softly. He then pulled me closer and brought his lips to mine and kissed me lightly. He then deepened the kiss. He devoured my mouth in a demanding kiss that made my insides erupted into flames.

His lips then left my mouth and travelled down to my neck. I felt a shiver ran through my body as he trailed kisses from my neck to my collar bone. I ran my hands through his soft luscious hair as he brought his lips back to mine again.

After a while, we broke the kiss to catch our breath. Our breathing mingled as I stared into his beautiful eyes. "We better make a move before people start to become suspicious of a car parked at the side of the road." I replied smiling at him.

"That's a bummer. I was really enjoying this position and you." His smile was infectious. I slapped his chest lightly and he chuckled. He pulled me close again and peck me on the lips. I then moved from his lap and returned to my seat. I put on my seatbelt and Carson started the car and drive home.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Hey readers!

Thanks again for all your support on this story.

Please vote, comment and share to your friends!

Stay extraordinary!

Hugs and kisses 😘

Alecia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656K 31.6K 29
When Amanda decided to leave her parent's house and finish her last year of high school from a small town of North Carolina, she had only wanted to h...
39.3K 886 70
"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everything she could've imagined in her boyfrie...
364K 11.2K 17
[COMPLETED] At the age of 4, Amanda and Tyler instantly become friends, however it came to an end before grade 5 began. After a tragic car accident...
398 38 16
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...