Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 61

3.8K 223 267
By Just_for_a_change

Blaze POV

I sighed trying my best to not seem too excited to make my way over to the bus.

But then the door dinged and her sweet cotton candy scent hit me like a bullet train. It wasn't lost on me how ironic that sweet scent was to her actual nature.

I gazed upon her noticing the sunlight streaming in from the glass windows behind her creating a halo effect around her. Her auburn hair reflected against it brilliantly turning it into a never before seen amber. I was glad the restaurant did't have any other guests except us but even the store manager looked slightly awed by her.

I am not the only one who noticed her angelic appearance. Her eyes looked more molten gold against the sun rays. Almost glowing brilliantly.

It amplified her beauty or or more appropriately, pushed to light what she was trying to hide with her plain dressing. I noticed even the jocks who weren't interested in her suddenly perked up.

If it wasn't for my scowling those idiots might have outright face planted themselves on the floor rushing to accommodate her and find a seat for her. Jem rolled her eyes.

Jason however pushed back the chair they had prepared for her smack dab in the middle of them and gave them a cold glare. They visibly gulped and sweat not wanting to pick a fight with the school bully.

He then arranged her a seat between himself and Stacey who was chatting with Amelia.

At least they didn't notice the drama.

I was still fuming with the result but better the enemy I know.

My precious mate stayed unaware of all the commotion. Her brilliant eyes shifted slightly to the boy clinging to her legs and then to her phone. But everyone saw the bright molten gold. It seemed her eyes looked lighter in shadows. Creating a natural glow effect.

I wish I knew that. It would be amazing to gaze up on her when I take her out to the cinemas. Or even get to sleep beside her at night... those glowing eyes directed at me.

Her concentration was all on that damn phone. I wanted to rip it from her hands and chuck it away.

If we are all here who was she so diligently texting? A friend? A lover? Something else?

My mind flashed to the worst possible scenarios.

Xavier growled within me. And admittedly it irritated me too.

This, this here is exactly what I meant. This distance she left between herself and everyone making an effort.

I bet no one in the group knew what she was doing on that damned phone. Or who she was texting. And no one had the courage to ask her. I wanted her eyes on me. To acknowledge me. Like some dog waiting for its master to pet it. Pathetic.

At times like this it made me feel like the only way to get attention would be to tie her up in a room, take away all her devices and force her concentration on me. Make her see only the bubble I created for her.

I wish to hell and back it doesn't come to that. Because I for one am not above it.

She wasn't one to be active in social media, thankfully so I knew it wasn't a simple Instagram scroll.

Her focus was brilliant. Because despite all the shuffling her fingers danced crossed the screen swiftly and gracefully as she slowly walked over to us.

Graceful typing? Really Blaze? How whipped are you?

I was no doubt in love with this girl. And everything she did looked magical to me. I knew even with all that concentration on that phone if I attacked her now she would readily take me on. Even predict my moves without a second thought.

Because that cautiousness was ingrained in her. It was just who she was.

I wanted to know who she talked to or texted to. Hell I wanted to know what she did during all times of the day, but she is too smart for a spy.

Even setting cameras around the hallways wouldn't help since she spends the better part of her day when she isn't at school in her room. So introverted. I will take what I can get though.

It heaved me a sigh ion relief because I knew where she was at all times at least. And the guards in the elite wing would let me know now if she left.

I want to be a part of her world. To freely approach her at any time and ask what she was up to.

Xavier started whining in me.

I am glad no one could hear the shameless wolf. As embarrassing as it is, I could relate.

Look up at us. Talk to us. Give us a smirk, a hint, mock me, anything to say we still stand a chance.

It might have happened faster than I thought and maybe it was my suddenly fogged up brain that made it worse, but she just walked past me so nonchalantly. Like I wasn't there. Her course wouldn't change a bit if I wasn't there.

Xavier's whining reached the maximum when she was closest to us, a few inches away.

I could smell more exquisite flavours in her scent. It wasn't just cotton candy. There was something else, something sweeter. She was gone, before I could place a finger on it.

I tried desperately to remember a time when she lay in my arms during the fight. How did she feel like, what was that scent.

I tried to get a glimpse at her phone but all I could catch was 'Lexi' before she conveniently closed it for my benefit.

Lexi?

Who is Lexi?

Is it short for Alexander?

Hm, Lexi, how cute and intimate does that sound?

Is this Alexander her boyfriend?

How close are they?

Do they meet up for a lot for dates?

Is this Alexander an oblivious werewolf who doesn't know who she belongs to?

Or is he some worthless human I can drive away?

Is he good looking?

Does Alexander make her laugh?

Does she give him the same soft look she gives Zarine?

Or better yet, does she genuinely laugh at his jokes?

I wonder how it would sound? It would probably rip out your heart and keep it back in place.

Xavier started growling uncontrollably. Running awok within me.

He didn't think and figure out possibilities as quickly as I did, so it's my fault he ran AWOL in my mind.

I could feel my breathing start to speed up as my mind worked out a million possibilities.

My eyes blurred almost losing it before bringing myself under control. Not that it brought her in any difference.

Calm down Blaze, you can do it. Don't jump to conclusions. We can ask her when we get the chance.

All this drama was over before she got seated with Zarine squeezing himself between Jason and her. Smart kid.

Could at least do one thing right.

But I saw him watch me with a slight glare as Zara put away her phone.

Her attention now on Raven who asked what she wanted to eat.

Did the kid notice my mate failed to? The little panic attack I had for a second there?

His gaze told me he probably did.

He redirected it to the boys quickly since it was starting agitate Xavier even more. He was about ready to attack everything right about now. A direct gaze was a challenge to a wolf. Apart from mates.

But his glare remained even fiercer. It shifted to Jason to scowl at him for teasing him about something but then it was back to the boys He seemed protective of her.

Great, one more competitor to add to the list.

"The salad,"

Her uninterested yet sweet voice rang out to me.

Within everyone else's voices hers calmed me down.

Again her control was fantastic. To have salad even on this vacation? I was right to stock her fridge with veggies and other nutritional stuff.

She took care of herself so well!

I could see the boys starting to tease her about it. Trying to flirt with her. But she didn't seem to care as she settled back in her seat with her usual nonchalant stare.

The kid still stared at me, but his admittedly feminine features made it difficult to lash out at him.

What's more even the waiter taking our orders seemed more flustered by her. I could see his hands shake. And I could see the manager on the phone, talking animatedly with someone all the whilst eyeing her.

I told them I was going to get fresh air so they will probably tease me if I went back now.

But I don't care, I was not going to leave her all alone between hungry wolves even for a second. I didn't trust Jason enough to protect her.

So despite Jem's quizzical look and the boys' teasing which I shut down with a glare, I plopped down opposite my mate where I could gaze upon her to my heart's content.

Hey lovelies.

So this concludes the Blaze POV for now.

Do comment and lemme know if you want more of those. I think it's refreshing to write once in a while in a non Zara, I-don't-wanna-destroy-everything-I-lay-my-eyes-on style.

[Zara: What? HEY!

Author: You know exactly what I am talking about.

Zara:<broods and mumbles>'I thought you were on my side' and walks away.

Zarine<glares>: Don't talk bad about her to the readers.

Author: Fine, fine. Zara, I am on your side. My badass angel.

Zara: <shouts> Save it, I don't want to hear any more from you.]

And guys I have been thinking about letting you all talk directly to Zara in your comments. Not just Zara but any character you want. I have seen some instagram artists do this with their OCs meaning original characters and thought it will be fun for us to give it a try. 

If you want a specific character to comment, just tag their names at the end of your question. They are all waiting for you to interview them. You can ask them anything under the stars between the deep sea. From who their secret crushes were to their guilty pleasures and favourite food. You are only limited my your imagination ;)

You can even grill Blaze. I know that got dome of your attention ;)

Don't disappoint them ;) Jason looks especially excited to meet ya all.

If he was in his wolf form his tongue would be hanging out in anticipation now.

So my dear readers. Are you ready to demolish that fourth wall with me?

So lets commence.

Hyah.

And guys, damn you all blew up the comment section last chapter. That was awesome. I tried my best to get around to all of you. If you didn't see me reply it's only coz I didn't see it. In which case you can personally message me. That will get my attention ;)

Anyways, as per usual, you know the drill.

Comment, vote and follow me.

Man, it has been a awhile since I last said that.

Anyways.

Cheers. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.8K 56
... I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that...
52.4K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
23.1K 1.2K 54
"I, Amelia Anderson, reject Nickolas Adams II as my mate." I have had enough. I don't know why I didn't even reject him the second I arrived here. Wh...
6.9M 190K 37
You know how in every story, the girl gets rejected and tries to make her Alpha mate all jealous with another dude and in the end her and her Alpha m...