A War of Guns and Roses

By DazzlingJazz9

Elaine Greene was the daughter of a multimillionaire. She loved her father and lost her mother at a very youn... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 47

16 2 1
By DazzlingJazz9

Xavier's POV

Why the fuçk did I have to let her out of my sight?

I cursed as I realized that I couldn't even go after her. My ear buzzed and Chase's voice called in,

"Boss, you're not going to like this, but they are moving in too soon. I don't know for how much longer we can hold them."

"I'll get Father to gather up more men," I replied immediately.

I left the room, my sight almost red from how furious I was becoming. The Greenwoodery were highly advanced in both their instruments and training but they were no match to me. I shot down anyone who came in my way.

"Capo!" another voice cried out. "La situazione qui è davvero brutta, abbiamo bisogno di te!" (Boss! The situation here is really bad. We need you!)

"Dove?" (Where?)

"Southwest wing," he said, the sounds of commotion jarring his words.

I made my way out of the room and towards the location that had been invaded. It was chaos. My men had been intercepted and shot down as more and more of the Greenwoodery poured out through the secret tunnel that they weren't supposed to know about.

How the fück did they find out about that?

The first thought that came to my mind was of the little vixen.

No way, my subconscious snarled at me for even accusing her of such a thing.

I breathed out a sigh and dived into the battle.

Bullets came at me from left and right. Good thing I was wearing a protective bulletproof armor.

We were supposed to be the ones to attack Greenwoodery today and instead, they attacked us and turned the tables.

"Boss," the voice panicked. "Incoming grenade at 9 degrees, 28 minutes east."

"Evacuate," I commanded and shot out my last bullet before running to the exits.

The explosion shook up the entire floor as the door flew off its hinges. I cursed as pieces of glass embedded themselves into any part of my skin that was exposed. I shook off the pain and tapped into my earpiece.

"Everything good?" I asked.

"Yes, sir. Everyone's safe. The Greenwoodery seemed to have disappeared."

"That means they will attack elsewhere now. Rehydrate yourselves and meet me at the southeast wing."

"Yes, sir!" he said as the line disconnected.

I headed out to the southeast wing. As I had already suspected, the Greenwoodery had launched an attack here next.

I was right on time.

By now, our men had come out of their shock and were now fighting against the enemy with unfiltered rage and loathing. The surprise attack had given Greenwoodery an upper hand and they had made good use of it, but not anymore.

Striding forward, I took out my revolvers and shot down anyone in my way. I called for one of my men to have my back as I thundered across, dispersing the crowd as men fell back with a howl of pain.

I smashed down my revolver upon one of the men's head as he tried to refill his ammo. He dropped down, immediately unconscious. His mate looked at me nervously, flames of fear dancing in his eyes before the light snuck out and he joined his friend.

The heated metal hummed in my hand as it anticipated announcing more of its grace. My shirt was torn apart as someone grabbed me from behind and slammed my head into the wall. Stars danced before my eyes as rage clouded my vision. I twisted around and punched the man so hard, that he shot backwards and stumbled over one of his fallen mates.

One bullet to his brain and he was gone.

My bulletproof vest was entirely showcased now, uncovering and baring all of my vulnerable skin. As anticipated, the offenders' shots now were aimed at my exposed skin. I cursed as a dagger embedded itself in my arm, caught by the armor, missing my skin by mere inches.

I shot down the woman who had thrown it.

Wait. Woman?

My eyes immediately sought out her face, panic suddenly filling every inch of my body.

A heavy relief was lifted off my shoulders as I realized that it had not been her. I swallowed hard as my thoughts turned to her. I didn't even know if she was hurt.

Images filled my mind.

Images of her being tortured like she had been.

By my own men, this time round.

I blocked out my thoughts as I refocused on the task at hand. I ripped away the dagger and threw it at an oncoming attacker. He fell back with a cry as the others charged at me, either with daggers or shooting bullets. I was an easy target.

"The explosive 56," I spoke into my earpiece.

"But boss—" the man argued.

"Do it," I ordered.

Just as they closed in, the explosive rolled down and with a puff of smoke, the entire room was obscured by white mist, blinding everyone. Shots were fired aimlessly as they struggled to gain bearings of their surroundings.

My protective eyewear had been discarded somewhere earlier in the fight which resulted in me having to use my mental map of the place to find my way out. All of my men had evacuated the place as I instructed them to fill the entire wing with Carbon Monoxide.

The mist obscuring my vision, I tried to make my way across and out of the wing. A hand suddenly grabbed my ankle and pulled me down and before I knew it, the barrel of a gun came slamming down on my forehead, hitting the side of my head as I rolled away. The man screamed, alerting the others of my presence. I cursed and tried to feel my way around. Shots were being fired again as they tried to gain bearing of my exact location, not caring that they were hitting their own men.

A bullet grazed my bare shoulder and I held in my howl of pain. My protective clothing was disintegrating and I was an even easier target.

"Sir?" the voice in my earpiece spoke, still awaiting my command to release the gas.

I didn't answer as a dagger flashed just in line of my sight. The Greenwoodery seemed to have their eye-goggles at least. It hurtled towards my chest, straight at my heart but ricocheted off of my almost scale-skinned vest. I growled and flashed my own knife and caught the man around the neck. Using the man as a shield, I waded through, any onslaughts caught by the man as I made my way out.

"Now!" I growled into my headpiece as I threw the man back into the wing and slammed the door close. Screams erupted as they realized what was happening. The mist clearing out only to reveal the poisonous gas flooding in.

"Boss! The East wing is set ablaze!"

"Get the men out and—"

My words were cut off by my father's booming voice as it filled the entire mansion.

"Greenwoodery. Your daughter, the heir, is with me and if you do not ceasefire at once, her death shall not be on my hands."

Ice filled my nerves.

She had been caught.

For extra effect, Father showcased a live video of her, tied up and gagged, looking as beautiful as ever, her eyes unwavering and filled with an igniting flame.

Something was up.

All thoughts escaped my mind as I flew up the stairs. I rounded corners swiftly, not listening to what the others told me on the way.

The house was silent.

Maybe Greenwoodery decided to call a truce after all. But none of this mattered to me as I dashed across, heading towards where I knew my father would have held her.

I slammed the door open and there she was.

My beautiful, fiery angel.

Her eyes flew up to mine but I refused to look at her. Refused to see the new marks adorning her pure, flawless skin. Refused to see the blood marking itself on her.

Refused to see her chained and helpless, while blood gurgled out of her mouth as he slammed the metal on her spine. As it cracked and she broke down. Her singed-off hair hanging limp as she begged. Begged for it to stop. Begged to end her. That she couldn't take anymore. As her lifeless eyes rose up to mine for the last time. As a final flicker of recognition followed by loathing filled her eyes. As all the love and life left her. As she lay bleeding on the floor while I couldn't fight them off. Couldn't help her.

I closed my eyes.

No.

Instead, I looked at my father.

He smiled, "ah...there is my son."

He turned to her. "I believe you must have already met him before. Quite the acting skills he has, doesn't he?"

Wait what?

She froze, her eyes flying between mine and my father's. I still didn't look at her. Couldn't. And from the way her entire body stiffened, I knew she took it the wrong way. Her eyes hardened for a second as the possibility crossed her mind and I could see that she would readily accept it.

I'll need to have a talk with her about that.

"What are you talking about?" She voiced out the question that was on both of our minds.

"Did you really think he could be your friend?" My father laughed as Elaine let out an inaudible sigh, her entire frame slouching back as she relaxed.

She kept up the facade. "What do you mean?" she asked innocently.

If I hadn't known better, I would have bought it too, but I could see the tiny smirk crawling on the edges of her plump pink lips.

"He's my son."

"You-you were lying to me the entire time?" she asked, her voice impeccably small but I heard the undertone grin to it.

I ignored her.

"Father," I sighed. "What's the news?"

"They'll come to us, of course," he laughed. "Did they think they could just attack us and destroy us? I'm always one step ahead."

I rolled my eyes mentally at his gloating.

"I came to you," Elaine's voice rang out.

This time, my eyes turned to her sharply.

And she winked at me.

She fücking winked at me!

"Yes, yes, somewhat true," Father sighed. "But I would have gotten a hold of you either way."

"And how, do you propose, would you have done that?" she questioned.

"You came to him?" I asked, my voice rising in volume.

"I had some unfinished business that I wanted to get over with," she shrugged.

I gritted my teeth together.

I was so going to teach her the consequences of doing this to me after we were done with this.

My father looked between the two of us and I froze as I realized what I had done.

"Well, aren't you well aquatinted?" Father mused.

"You said you would give me answers," Elaine said, hurriedly changing the topic.

"I promised you no such thing," he laughed. "You were a fool to come here."

Her eyes flared with amber flames as I shook my head.

"What did she want?" I asked, pretending to ignore her as I kindled with the cameras, checking what was going on. The Greenwoodery were nowhere to be seen.

"Some stupid lame a$$ questions," Father shrugged. "Tell me girl, did your father not teach you enough to even know that you should never ever walk right into the enemy's hands?"

He laughed before she could answer. "That's what he gets for keeping you sheltered your whole life."

He turned, facing her now. "I mean, have you looked at your mother?" he sniggered. "The slut couldn't even keep her hands to herself after being married."

"Shut up!" Elaine almost screamed as her hands fisted at her sides.

"Don't like to hear the truth?" My father leered. "That's what you wanted to know, wasn't it? Because your own father can't bear the thought of speaking of her. Of her disgrace. For fear of you turning just like her. But look at you. Like mother like daughter it is."

Her face held such rage as her knuckles whitened. But my father didn't stop.

"She was beautiful, you know. Your mother. An enchanting beauty. Kind of like you," he smiled maliciously. "But her personality was wretched. She slept around and lied and—"

The door burst open.

"Frankenstein!" Ethan McLean roared. "Don't feed my daughter with lies!"

Elaine froze, staring at her father.

I gripped my knife in my hand, awaiting a surprise attack.

Ivan walked in after his uncle and I straightened.

He held up his hands as I motioned for a guard to pat him down for weapons. He found none.

"Oh lies, was it Ethan?" My father laughed. "Does your daughter know the truth? Or were you too much of a pipsqueak to tell her?"

"Tell me what?"

"Oh, she doesn't know, does she?" My father laughed. "This is gold."

"Father, what are you talking about?" I piped in.

"The real truth," he smirked.

*********

Hey guys! So this was the last chapter of the book! I'm officially done with it! Woohoooo!

The epilogue will be released sometime next week and the story will continue in the second book of the Gang Leader's Girl.

A big vote of thanks to all of you for giving this story a chance. You are now free to explode the commenting section with feedbacks on my story😂. Awaiting the responses.

Adios!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
10M 516K 43
|| Featured FREE story with exclusive paid chapters - previously a paid story || When Haley discovers the truth behind Xavier, whose silence holds a...
375K 20.3K 59
"What do you want Xavier?" I said getting irritated. "For you to give me a chance to explain myself." "There's no need to explain anything to me, we...
5.9K 777 54
Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened to want directions to the Principal's o...