Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 55

3.9K 205 160
By Just_for_a_change

As soon as Stacey finished the sentence, chairs scraped in an almost instantaneous reaction.

Blaze strolled over cooly with Jem hanging from one arm and his jocks squad following like trusted little dogs.

Stupid canines.

Jem quickly caught on to the situation especially since my idiot of a mate was making it no secret that he was staring at me.

"What a fantastic idea Stacey, I for one could really use a break." Jem chimed in, in her usually Jemmy self.

It was kinda funny how incredibly choreographed this seemed. Blaze seems to have been listening in on what we were talking about to desperately butt in like this.

However before Stacey could even come up with a response, Jem had already invited the whole jock squad on to the expedition.

"This weekend it is then! That's four days from today. I am so looking forward to this."

Blaze shot me a triumphant look as Jem dragged him away.

He stared at me the whole time though I found smoothie too appealing to spare him a glance.

Stacey just stared at their backs as her mouth hung slightly ajar which Drake was only too kind shut for her.

Leave it to Jem to talk over even blabbering Stacey and leave her a blubbering mess.

"B-b-but..."

Her eyes turned to me, full of concern.

I raised my one brow at her in question. Which seemed to calm her down.

The popular team inviting themselves over to a group expedition. Our expedition. It meant our popularity shot up high.

And I ain't one to wait around for that drama.

Before Jason could follow me out I leapt, the table was crowded and his huge form had no choice but to stay put.

I quickly ran out of the congested cafeteria and out into dark alleyways.

And I stayed there for the rest of the break.

The next two days went by swiftly. With my morning training with Blaze's taunts. My parents trying to talk to me again and again and me loitering around the issue about Nova with Zarine.

Definitely eventful.

Also, Jason trying to invite me over for another infamous movie night. Hell Nah. no, no, no, no, no.

NO.

Not in this life.

But when he saw how unwilling I was he moved on to Zarine as his movie partner.

And to my utter disappointment, the boy started taking a liking to Condo.

Thankfully he seems to find Jason annoying so we have at least that in common.

Jason also mentioned that Zarine asked him a lot of questions about me. Especially what I used to be like before.

He seems overly curious about what brought on my change, and if I could have it my way he will never know.

Blaze has also started acting very creepy, almost stalkerish.

He passes by my hallway more frequently. He used to avoid my living quarters like the plague. Also, the hallway almost parallel to mine was the slightly shorter route around the packhouse.

I didn't see him that often since I could only work on upgrading Lexa when Zarine isn't around. But every time his scent wafted in I needed to cease all activity per se.

I couldn't risk him finding out.

He is usually in a group though. Discussing pack business. But there was this one time he passed by alone. I could see the shadow under the door. Hear his breathing. He probably heard me shuffling.

But he never knocked. After a few minutes he left but we were hyper-aware of each other. He knew that I knew he was there. And we just left it at that.

Was he... monitoring me?

THE NERVE!!!

I will kill him if that's the case.

What was he playing at? I didn't understand why my mate had to go out of his way to see me after the gym every morning. Why he acted so suspicious. Even in the school hallways.

I didn't care if he wasn't up to anything which after a few days seemed like the case.

On Thursday Jason had come to my room to return Zarine who by now was sleeping ever so peacefully in his arms. He seemed so tiny compared to Jason's gigantic form.

And his auburn hair seemed to contrast against his blue hoodie.

I swiftly snatched him away as gently as I could without waking him up. I didn't like how close he was becoming to Jason. The only reason I let him go over for such a long time was that I needed to work on Lexa. Demanded by Sam in our minimal contact ways.

What gave ma sigh of relief was how reluctant the pup always seemed to leave my side.

I have started to realize that the tiny bit of warmth I feel towards Zarine might be what many people call sibling love. Might be.

Might.

Be.

Whatever the case, I didn't like him getting too close to Jason.

I had turned to tuck Zarine into the bed. Which even now, despite my promise the punk used, while I slept on the floor. He seems to think I don't know that every night he crawls to my side and wakes up early to return to the bed before I leave for the gym.

I have found him shivering and in tears for more than one occasion by the time I return from training. But he always seemed so stubborn to let me know what was bothering him.

I sure as hell could relate to that sort of pride so I acted as if I didn't see it and smoothed it over with a joke.

Blaze had enrolled him in a school which he will probably start next week. I was hoping getting some new friends would help.

He seems to calm down a lot in my presence so that is good.

It was pretty clear I would probably have to take him on the trip with me.

It might be a good chance for him to meet the rest of the crew.

Stacey and Amelia wouldn't stop gushing over how cute he is.

I smiled slightly as I stroked his hair, predicting what all of their individual reactions would be.

I had momentarily forgotten Jason was still watching. But when the jumbo dude opened his mouth to gush out something obviously cheesy and no doubt of contradiction to his form, all we heard was a thunderous growl.

Probably waking up the whole hallway.

I could distinctly scent my mate, and judging by the sound of fast footsteps he was rushing down the hallway towards Jason who was still standing by the door.

"What are you doing at her door at this hour?"

His teeth had elongated so the words were more of a growl.

But before he could lay a hand on Jason I intercepted from the side, landing a solid shove that despite his momentum still took the alpha back a few steps. The training from Derek was definitely paying off. I could already feel stronger now.

The commotion had caused a lot of people to peek out drearily eyed, and a bit weary.

Jason opened his mouth to give him an explanation despite his agitation. But I stopped him by raising my hand.

Let me handle this. I told him with my eyes.

His shoulders slumped giving me a go-ahead.

Did Blaze watch the whole exchange with rage and betrayal? Are you protecting him?

His eyes seemed to shout.

It was time I put him in his place. Ever since the gym training, he seems to think he has some sort of claim on me.

"What we do in our spare time alpha, is none of your business," I said coolly.

"The hell it isn't."

I could see from his eyes that Xavier was also starting to stir. Are we gonna have a showdown in the hallways again?

I just wished it wasn't the hallway again.

The agitation he has been building up the past week was starting to overflow. However, the commotion woke up Zarine.

"When did I come back?"

He asked sitting up on the bed, rubbing his eyes.

Blaze seemed to piece out the situation then and he visibly calmed.

He must have seen Jason hanging out with Zarine earlier.

I was not taking risks though. My muscles were taut. Ready for when he launched. But it never came. Instead, he briskly walked past hitting Jason in the shoulders as he did so.

"The room is too congested for the both of you. I will arrange more spacious quarters." He said turning back to glare at Jason.

I could feel my blood boil again. Did he think he can just come in and flip my life over when he was feeling like it?

But Jason just laughed it off.

"It's ok Zara you have been sleeping on the floor for too long. Besides, it's not like we won't be able to meet anyways."

That's true. Alphas can't hand out restraining orders.

Even from behind, I saw his eyebrow piercing gleam as a vein left popped out.

He seemed more pissed with Jason than he ever was with me.

I had to congratulate Jason on that.

You guys have been incredibly supportive throughout my journey and I will see to it that all your recent messages are replied for. At least the later chapters. And of course, I will continue to keep up the pace in the next updates as well.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

It might take a while to get around to you all.

So please bear with me till then.

Cheers. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827 39 19
When you are a werewolf, you care about only three things: The first one is your pack, second one is your family and the third and most important one...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
2.2K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
162K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...