Irrevocably In Love

Per Queen0226

He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She... Més

Copyright And Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 13

2K 149 14
Per Queen0226

"But when there comes the Deafening Blast - that Day a man will flee from his brother, and his mother and his father, and his wife and his children.   For each one of them that Day will have enough preoccupations of his own.  Some faces, that Day, will be bright – laughing, rejoicing at good news.  And other faces, that Day, will have upon them dust.  Blackness will cover them.  Those are the disbelievers, the wicked ones." (Quran 80: 33-42)

***

Rida glanced at her mother who now had a stern look on her face. She knew that her mother would be upset when she would tell her about her decision and she had every right to be angry because she had just rejected a proposal that could made her life a good one. She looked everywhere except her mother who was now boring holes in her.

"And why is that so?" Her mother asked her voice rough and a little loud and she hated how her mother's demons had changed just by a simple no.

"I.... I....don-just like that." Rida murmured clear enough for her mother to hear her. She looked at her mom who was staring her without blinking at eyes. She didn't knew what was going on in her mind but she hoped that nothing of wrong things would pop up in her mind.

"Are you dating someone?" She asked making Rida look at her in horror. Rida couldn't believe that she had just asked her a question as such!

"WHAT!? Astagfirullah no never. I would never date anyone or neither have. Just because I reject a proposal that doesn't mean I am dating. I rejected this proposal since I did not feel that he was the right one for me." Rida said feeling a lump in her throat. She hated how her mother had accused her for something she would never think of. Yes her family had given her the utter most freedom and that was the reason she was friends with Rehan but she had never taken any advantage of that freedom. She had got many proposals from a few boys but she had never agreed to any and even her mother knew that her daughter would never do such a thing but the fact that she had rejected such a good proposal had her triggered off.

"I am sorry for asking you that question, I know that, it would be the last thing of the earth you would do." Her mother said feeling guilty for accusing her daughter for no reason. Rida nodded her head understanding how her mother was feeling and without speaking anything else she just laid down on her lap while Mrs Shaikh smiled at her daughter.

Mrs Shaikh knew that out of the two daughter's Rida was the most sensible and the matured one and would never do something that would bring shame to the family but she had loved the proposal but she couldn't just force her daughter to marry him just because they liked the guy; it was her life, her decision.

"Rida I know I had always told you that you should concentrate on your career rather than marriage, but beta you should know that you are 21 now and you would come across this question many times. Your parents are getting old and they want you to be settled with a husband we can assure you will be happy. I hope you are getting my point?" Rida heard her mother who was now caressing her head. She nodded her head a single tear escaping her eye.

"But I am hardly 21." Rida said looking up at her mother pouting a little and her mother smiled before patting her cheeks.

"You are not just 21, you are 21 and we have been rejecting way many proposals from the time you have been 18 and I don't think we can anymore, until and unless you like the guy." Her mother said and she looked at her mother baffled. She didn't knew that she was getting proposals from when she was 18? This was something that was hidden from her.

Rida sighed nodding her head because she knew she cannot escape any further. Safa was married and expecting a child, Aafia was fixed and now it was her turn, she should be mentally prepared for the proposals and not behaviour like a cry baby.

Her mother smiled at her who looked deep in thoughts before leaving her daughter alone to pounder on the talk they just had. She knew she was being unfair for letting marriage talks get in her mind when she was the one who had said that she wouldn't let Rida marry until she was independent enough for a living but then has anything happened according to what people think? Its destiny, the Qadr of Allah. Everything happens all by his will, the Almighty, the great, Allah.

"Now don't get yourself stressed about it and come down to have your lunch, Dad will be home soon." Rida looked at her mother confused. Her dad never came home for lunch instead he directly came home for dinner then why all of a sudden he was coming home today? Rida found it a little strange and was curious to know the reason. Shaking her head she walked down the steps to see Faiza in the living room busy with her cell phone. She rolled her eyes at her and after hitting her on her head, she rushed inside the kitchen earning some yelling from her sister making her to laugh out loud while her mother glared at her.

"Keep this on the table Rida, your father is on his way." Her mother said and Rida did as she was told to do. Faiza came and sat down on the dining table passing some kind of comments on her elder sister who in her words was rude. Rida ignored her and walked to the door when she heard the ringing of the bell. She greeted her father and he smiled at her. Without exchanging any further talk, he went to the washroom to get freshen up while Rida back in the kitchen.

Once everyone was on the table, they settled down and the food was served. Everyone was having the food in peace hearing to what Faiza had to tell about her exams when they heard their father clear his throat.

"Zakir will be coming from London in a few days." Rida's father said making Faiza to squeal in excitement while Rida smiled at her father.

"Is Sheerin di coming too?" Faiza asked and Rida looked at her father who just shrugged his shoulder.

"I just wish she comes too, its been so long that we met." Faiza said and Rida nodded her head agreeing with Faiza. Since their parents were friends, Faiza had befriended Sheerin very easily, even though she was Rida's age and that was the reason even Rida was on a good term with her too.

"But why so suddenly?" Rida asked looking at her father and he informed that he was coming here to meet Kaif who was in India for business work.

After they were done with their food, Rida helped her mother with the utensils and Faiza engrossed herself preparing for the semester end. Rida laughed looking at the struggling Faiza while she made faces at her. Once she was done, she plopped herself on the adjacent couch noticing Faiza study. The place was silent, the only noise was of Faiza turning the pages as she needed whenever when they heard a loud beep. Rida looked at her phone to see if it was her phone but then she realised that her phone never be on loud so she threw a cushion at Faiza informing her that it was her phone. Faiza pulled out her phone and smirked when she saw the message.

"What is the matter?" Rida asked curious looking at her sister type furiously with a huge smile on her face.

"Nothing." Faiza said, the grin still plastered on her face. She kept down her phone and continued studying, the smile never leaving her face when her phone beeped again.

She looked down at her phone and smiled and was about to take it when Rida got hold of her phone. Faiza's eyes widen when she saw her sister waving her cell phone in the air giving her a wicked smile.

"Someone special, huh?" Rida asked and Faiza shook her head and was about to open her mouth to ask her phone back when her phone beeped again, twice, and Rida glanced at her phone a smirk playing on her face.

"Faiz, huh?" Rida asked throwing the phone back at Faiza and she growled, deciding to reply Faiz first and then explain it to her not so smart sister.

"Well he wanted notes from me so he messaged me." Faiza said and started clicking pictures from a book that laid among some other pile of books.

Rida arched her brows in confusion. As long as she knew that Faiz and Faiza both did not belong to the same class. She was an art student while he was commerce student. Rida had opened her mouth to ask her the confusion when Faiza cleared it herself.

"We have one paper in common, Environmental studies, and he do not have notes of it so he just asked me since he do not talk to any other girl in our college." Faiza explained and Rida's mouth formed an 'o' before she nodded her head.

"But you both do not get along and you agreed to help him? Strange." Rida said, mumbling but Faiza heard her grinned from ear to ear making Rida to look at her with doubtful eyes. She knew her sister never did things until and unless it brought profit to her.

"What did you make him do?" Rida asked and Faiza grinned realising her sister knew her very well.

"Well I just asked him to beg me for the notes." Faiza said making Rida's eyes widen in shock. She shook her head at her sister's tactics.

"And not to forget the entire year's treat in the canteen." Faiza said showing her teeth making Rida to gasp. She knew her sister would never do anything without any cost but so much, the entire year? She felt bed for Faiz who had do agree just for the notes because it would be better to give an entire year a treat rather then having a backlog.

"Poor soul, but I hope you don't make him suffer much." Rida said standing up getting up to leave for Safa's place. She hadn't met Safa alone for a very long time and with her being pregnant she wouldn't even expect her to go out when she had an extra over protective husband.

"Where are you going?" Faiza asked when she noticed her sister walking out wearing her shoes.

"To meet Safa, its been very long that I visited her and had a talk with her." Rida said and after thinking for a minute Faiza got up asking Rida to wait as she would accompany her too.

Rida yelled at her mom saying that they both were leaving and walked out when she saw Faiza approaching her. Rida started riding while Faiza sat behind her taking to sister till they reached Safa's house.

Rida park the bike while Faiza waited for Rida in front the a little away from the door. Once Rida was back, they both made their way towards the door to see it open. Confused they shared a look before entering the house. Rida was a little worried about Safa and turned to Faiza to speak what she thought when suddenly she felt something soft yet hard on her right side of the face making her stumble.

Rida caught the thing to realise it was a cushion. She looked in front to see a relaxed Saif who was giving her pleading looks. She arched her eyebrow and asked him what was the matter with her actions when she saw Safa emerging from behind her.

"Rida." Safa yelled and crushed Rida in her embrace. Rida smiled at Safa and hugged her back while looking at Saif who smiled looking at his happy wife.

"I missed you." Safa said and Rida giggled while Faiza chuckled besides the.

"Oh Faiza, Assalamualaikum how are you? Farheen is upstairs." Safa informed and Faiza's eyes sparkled and she left for upstairs after replying to the greeting.

"So what was going on?" Rida asked eyeing the cushions that were on the floor. Saif sighed in defeat and came besides Safa and opened his mouth to speak when Safa beat him up,

"Well I was craving some chocolate ice cream and he.." Safa pointed towards Saif glaring at him, "He bought me strawberry ice cream." Safa completed her sentence while Rida glanced at Saif and then back at Safa.

Rida knew that Safa was in her first trimester and she would be having a lot of mood swings and that was clear when she noticed the dark circles under Saif's eyes. Safa always wanted what she desired and being pregnant got the worst out of her which Saif would let her despite his tiring days.

"Okay I guess Saif will get chocolate ice cream while we talk?" Rida interrupted Safa who was arguing with Saif and Safa's head snapped towards Rida happiness on her face.

"Brilliant idea." Safa yelled and told Saif to get them ice cream while they were in the living room. Saif nodded his head mumbling a small 'thank you' to Rida who smiled back at him.

Rida and Safa were now in the living room talking about how these days Safa was going through the worst of mood swings.

"Safa I know you are going through the worst of mood swings and it is acceptable too but you should also understand Saif. He comes home tired and yet he agree to give you all you ask for. Have you seen the dark circles under his eyes? I know you will regret this later and I don't want you feel that way." Rida made Safa understand and Safa now engrossed in her thoughts agreeing to all what Rida said.

Just as she was about to say something she heard laughter voices coming their way. She looked at Rida who was looking in that direction and she turned her face too, to see Saif entering the room with Rehan and Kaif trailing behind him.

Saif smiled at Safa showing her the ice cream that he had brought. Safa smiled at him and got up and excused themselves while dragging Saif along with her making Rida to smile at them.

"Rida?" Rida turned her attention when she heard her name being called.

"Kaif?" Rida asked getting up glancing Rehan's way and offering him a smile who now was confused.

"You know her?" Rehan asked Kaif and Rida and they both nodded their head while Rehan waited for an explanation.

"She is my dad's friend's daughter and they were in London for a year." Kaif explained to Rehan and he nodded his head.

"How are you?" Kaif asked Rida and they both had a little conversation while Rehan felt out of place. He had his gaze on Rida who was talking to Kaif. He did not know what he was feeling, but he was sure if he stays her any more minute he would go mad. Standing up, he left from there feeling suffocated. Rida noticed Rehan moving out of the room but she did not point it out.

After they were done talking, Kaif turned to ask Rehan something when he noticed Rehan was missing. Confused he looked around and got up when he saw Saif and Safa coming towards them. Safa sat down besides Rida, glowing a small smile on her face while Rida noticed Saif settled beside Kaif his face showing happiness.

"Where is Rehan?" Saif asked and Kaif shrugged informing them that he was going to search him. The three waited for Rehan in the living room.

"Rehan what are you doing here?" Kaif asked when he found Rehan in the backyard.

"Kaif? I just came here for fresh air." Rehan said smiling at Kaif, a small smile.

"Okay, so she is your Rida?" Kaif asked wiggling his eyebrow and Rehan wanted to laugh at his use of words but shrugged it and nodded his head.

"Yeah, she is my best friend." Rehan said and started walking inside while Kaif looked at his back his mind exactly knowing how he was feeling. He smiled because he could clearly see what was wrong with Rehan but he wouldn't speak out.

Kaif walked back inside the room to see all the four laughing and smiled. He went and sat down besides Saif who was explaining about the client he had to deal with, to Rehan. Saif glanced at Kaif who was in deep thoughts. Saif nudged him asking him what was wrong and he shook his head.

"Dad is coming tomorrow." Kaif announced to Rehan making him confused.

"Why? What's wrong?" Rehan asked going in all business mode thinking of any problem and Kaif smacked his head.

"Just like that and there is no problem, chill." Kaif said and Rehan sighed in relief continuing his talk with Saif.

After half an hour the three boys left since they had some work leaving the girls to be alone.

"So what is going on?" Safa asked Rida and she shook her head not knowing what to speak.

"Nothing, life is going on just like usual. The only thing mom wants to change is Miss Rida to Mrs Rida." Rida said chuckling a little and Safa smiled at her.

"I guess it is time that you settle." Safa said and Rida groaned.

"Not you Safa." Rid murmured and Safa grinned at her before having a serious look on her face.

"I am serious Rida. At some point in your life you have to get married so why not now? I know you are 21 and this is the perfect age to get married. You know when I was married to Saif I was least happy but then I accepted the fate. Allah had it planned for me, for him, for us, and we cannot question Allah now can we?" Safa said and Rida shook her head understanding what Safa wanted her to understand.

"But I am not ready for all the responsibilities. What if I fail as a wife? As a daughter in law?" Rida said her hands on her face.

"I don't think you should worry about being a good daughter in law." Safa said giving Rida a smirk and Rida looked at Safa in confusion before she realised what she was pointing out to.

"Safa please, do not start with it again." Rida said almost feeling annoyed at the fact that they still were hinting on her and Rehan.

"But seriously you both make a good pair and I am sure he will be perfect for you." Safa said and Rida thought back to her words.

Rida smiled at Safa, a painful smile and replied,

"I don't think so Safa. We both are polar opposite and about him being a perfect husband? I am sure he would be the best husband but he is not meant for me. We are not meant for each other. We can never be together, Safa. We can never be together."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

165K 14.1K 34
Love,a magnamous four lettered word that can provoke joy, happiness yet it has the the power to incite destruction and chaos. Why is it always linked...
134K 2.2K 8
"We don't match. We have nothing in common. I can't keep up with you and I can't slow you down for me" I say and she watches us intensely and smiles...
13.6K 4.9K 43
Misfortune. Easy to pronounce yet difficult to face. * *blurb* "In the dim light of her room, amidst a storm of emotions, she shatters her glasses...
19.4K 653 54
𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈 𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀 & 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐇𝐑 𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐀💞 #𝟏 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐪 𝐒𝐞...