My Arrogant Boss

Av IMAEntertainer

Jennie Kim is a young woman with high confidence, self-defense, and big heart has met many problems in her li... Mer

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thiry-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Epilogue
❤️ATTENTION❤️

Chapter Thirty-Six

15K 456 11
Av IMAEntertainer

LISA

When I pull back from the girl called 'Jisoo', I get so shocked as I get a hug from the other dark hair girl behind me. I look at Chaeng for help, and she bites her bottom lip and avoids my gaze. I am kind of uncomfortable, not knowing what to do because what the strangest feeling you have got when someone you don't even know hug you, right?

I tap on her shoulder slightly, "Um, w-who are you?" she tenses when she hears my voice.

The scariest thing is that she starts sobbing on my chest. I wonder if my voice is such that bad to make someone cry after I speak. "I am sorry, but-" She shakes her head, pulling away slowly from me. When I see the girl's face, I smile, "You were my friend, too?"

"Lisa, you don't get any headache or something?" Chaeng asks in concern.

I give an inquisitive look, "Why do I?"

"Oh, nothing. I just ask." I scowl at her nonsense, turning my attention back to the girl beside me. She has dark hair and a beautiful face. WOW.

She has already wiped her tears when she offers me a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "Yeah, I was your friend, and you forgot me. I hate you." She tries to joke, but I can see sadness in her eyes.

"Oh, really? I am sorry." I instinctively fling her in my arms again as she flinches a little before she relaxes. I glare at Chaeng, "You never told me about her?" I pull away, but she tightens my waist. I feel her warmth. It's so comfortable. Maybe, she is my best friend, too?

"I-I-uuh,-" Chaeng stammers.

The girl finally releases the hug, "I told her not to tell you."

"Why?"

"I have my reason."

Before I can ask further, Chaeng clears her throat. "I think we should go. I am sure these two are exhausted and sleepy and... hungry."

"These two are hungry or you, Chaeng?" I ask.

Everyone laughs while Chaeng mumbles something that looks like she is pissed at me. "All of us," She finally says and grabs her girlfriend's wrist. "Let's go." Leaving me and Jennie alone behind them.

"So, you were my friend, too?" I don't know what brings me to this question, but I have to make sure nothing went wrong between us because when I first met her eyes, I knew instantly that we have met before. Something told me that we are closed, yet so far.

Our connection.

She looks up, smiling sadly as she nods. Have I made her feel uncomfortable? If I try to remember, she was the one who hugged me, so I don't think she feels not good around me. No one embraces another person if they have discomfort, right?

After her small agreement by giving me a small nod, she doesn't say any other words which makes me feel frustrated without any reason.

"What's your name? May I ask?" I run, walking next to her.

"I am Jennie. Jennie Kim."

---

We settle in the car as the girls sit at the back, and Chaeng and I occupy the front seats. Suddenly, my phone buzzes, breaking the silence. I pick up, "Hello- wait, what? Where is she now? Okay, thanks."

"What's going on, Lisa? You look pale." Chaeng asks, concern in her voice.

"Mom is in the hospital now. She is not feeling well." My voice lowers, feeling so worried about her. Nowadays, she gets so stressed with all the work. But, no matter how much I try to stop her, she won't, stating that she feels bored or something.

"How is she?" Jennie asks as I look at her. I feel so confused. Does she know my mom, too? If she does, I am sure we are closed. I want to ask her, but I think it's not the right time to do so.

"She's doing okay now," I reassure her.

"Could I go to see her?" She asks. Her sound is more like a pleading, so I agree.

---

"Mom," I walk to her bed as she gives me a smile. Her face turns shocked when Jennie walks to her, "Hi, Ms. Manoban." She bows in respect. And, my mom? She sits up instantly and bolts towards Jennie and hugs her as if she was her own daughter. "Uhh, mom. You are confusing me. I am your daughter. I mean, uhhh."

"Shut up, Lisa." She shouts playfully. Well, she doesn't look sick anymore.

She takes Jennie's hand in her palms, "I miss you so much, dear. Why didn't you tell me you come?" She turns to me. "Wait, Lisa. You took her here?" I nod.

"You didn't get any headache or something?"

"Mom, this is the same question Chaeng asked me since Jennie arrived. What's wrong with you?" I inquire.

She ignores me and gives all of her attention to Jennie. Today, mom is a little strange to me.

"I miss you too." Jennie gives her gummy smile to my mom, causing a warm feeling inside me.

They sit on the couch inside the room, talking for a while before my mom utters something that makes me feel more confused than I do now. "Jennie, work in our company. I am sure you still miss your position there."

"What position, mom?"

"Umm, nothing."

"Everyone seems to know Jennie well, including you and Chaeng. It means she is important in my life, but why I don't remember her?" I blurt out without thinking. Sadness flashes in her cat-like eyes, which I just notice.

"It's easy to understand, Lisa," Jennie utters as my mom squeezes her hand.

She bites her bottom lip before adding, "It means I am not important in your life." Her words are like knives to my heart. Everything turns to silence.

I challenge, not wanting her to feel she is anyone who can just make me feel uncomfortable because I am not that kind of submissive person. "Well, I have to say I agree with you because usually, I remember all the important ones in my-"

"LISA!" My mom cuts me off, anger in her eyes.

"Mom, I just agree with her. What's wrong?" I say in annoyance.

"I don't want you to regret when you-" And, when my mom is about to continue something that I am sure will make me more confused, Jennie stands up, looking at my mom. "I am sorry, Ms. Manoban. I have to go now."

Mom doesn't protest as if she knows what Jennie needs.

"You are right. I am not that important to make someone like you remember who I am." Then, she leaves without waiting for my words.

As the door slams shut, I am sure she is furious or something.

I turn around, "What is going on with this girl?"

"She is normal. Nothing is wrong with her, but I am afraid it's wrong with you." Mom gets angry, looking away as I go to sit next to her. "Come on, mom."

"You were so rude to her." She raises her hand up when I want to protest. "Lisa, I want her to work at our company. She is smart, and I don't want to lose such human resources from my hand. Go and make her agree. If she doesn't agree, I won't talk to you anymore. You made me lose my opportunity when I tried to convince her."

"Mom,"

She shakes her head, "Go now, Lisa. If you are successful, I will agree to stop working so hard."

"Really?" I am trying to tell her a hundred times to reduce her time from work because she is so weak these days, but it goes in vain. And now?

"Yeah, if she works with you, then I don't have to worry about you. She will take care of you I am sure about it." Her eyes gleam with happiness.

"Okay," I agree.

I never see my mom this happy since I woke up, so I bolt outside, trying to find Jennie, hoping she's still here.

I think she has already left because it's been fifteen minutes. I roam outside and about to go back when I see a glimpse of her sitting on the bench in front of the hospital.

I walk towards her, tensed as I see her sobbing. I feel awkward as if I am the one who causes her pain, but who could make her cry. She looks strong when she confronts me.

"Who?" I ask, sitting beside her.

She looks at me without blinking, and then looks away. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't act, Jennie. I ask who made you cry. I am gonna kill him." I state seriously.

She laughs, amused, "You can't,"

"I can. I am Lalisa Manoban. I can do everything." I joke.

"Why did you come here?" She asks, ignoring my question.

"Well, my mom said I was rude to you. I am sorry if I am, okay? I didn't do it intentionally."

"It's okay," She says, dryly.

I grab her wrist, making her eyes widen in shock. "What?"

"I'll take you home," I walk her to the parking lot without listening to her complaining all the way.

~~~~

Happy New Year's Eve, guys. I wish you all the best and thank you for your support. 

See you in 2020, 🎆  🎊

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

117K 2.6K 46
[GP] Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and established her own company without anyone's help...
320K 6.8K 30
"Do it or you won't meet each other again!" "Let's just do it, I can't bare the thoughts of losing you." Lalisa Manoban and Jennie Kim, two best frie...
826K 15K 43
Choi Lalisa Manoban is the CEO of MN company , she is 25 years old , she is a very rich person who from Manoban's family who is very famous in the wo...
1M 24.7K 41
Lisa Manoban is a womanizer, everyone is falling for her charisma. But what would it be if the day comes when she will taste her own poison. Jennie...