Chemical World || Damon Albarn

By classicrockdreams

Erin Kelly is a 22 year old girl living in the heat of the mid-90s England music industry. She plays rhythm g... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 22

3.5K 96 19
By classicrockdreams

Wow, I can't believe this is THE last chapter. I just wanted to say that I love all of you guys. Thank you for the endless support.

1996

   "Liam, if you do not put that fucking Twinkie down now I'm going to bash your head in so hard that we'll have to fuckin' start the tour off without you!"

"Yeah right, like you'd be the cunt to beat up the only one who makes this band money!" Liam retorted as he began to tear up the packaging of the lone Twinkie.

"Excuse me?" I joined in at the younger brother's previous comment, but was ignored as Noel (the original owner of the Twinkie, might I add) took about five forceful steps toward his younger brother, causing him to yelp and easily give him the food that he had 'stolen'. Noel was satisfied after this, and Liam was disappointed. But neither of them paid any attention to me.

"That's what I fucking thought," Noel muttered and easily grabbed the Twinkie while Liam glared at him.

"Geez, Li," Tony this time intertwined into the conversation. "Way to be a pussy."

"I am not!" The younger brother retaliated while the older opened the rest of the packaging on the Twinkie, munching away soon after. He snickered as Tony said this and so did I.

  "God, when the hell is Guigs gonna get here?" Liam was obviously trying to change the subject, but no one was trying to stop him.

  Currently, the four of us, that being Liam, Noel, Tony and I, were standing in an empty parking lot in front of our plane. A plane to take us to America, where we'd be starting off our tour for our new album, (What's The Story?) Morning Glory. The only one we were still waiting for was Guigsy, and it was no surprise that he was late.

  The album was released in October of 1995, and now here we were, early into January preparing to be away for the next three months. Three months straight. Three months away from my home, three months away from my friends, and three months away from Damon, something that I didn't even know I could do.

   In the past couple of months, we had grown even closer and it seemed impossible for me to leave him with all the time we spent together. Ever since recording ended it was like we were attached at the hip and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

As for the press and the people knowing, well, it hadn't quite happened. But we had discussed it, and realized it could wait until after the tour. Right now, all that mattered was that we stayed calm and were happy, which we were.

He was also supposed to show up today, right after an interview. But it was pretty normal for him to be even later than Guigs. And the fact that he wasn't here yet didn't even bother me.

  "You know he's gonna show up at least fifteen minutes after he's supposed to be here, that's just Guigs," I responded after shifting my thoughts back into the real-life.

"Yeah, well Guigsy's 'personality' is gonna get him fucking fired," Noel mumbled under his breath, causing me to roll my eyes but smile soon after as he noticed and stuck his tongue out playfully at me.

Although the black eye had easily faded a long time ago, the older Gallagher had now decided that it was a great fashion trend to wear sunglasses no matter the time or place, nor the conditions of the weather.

Currently, it was cloudy and slightly drizzling in Manchester. But Noel was still there with his sunglasses, refusing to take them off. I began to believe that it was something he did as a superstition, but then again, no one could really tell what was going on in his mind. And I was often times glad for that.

   "Oh whatever, Noel," I shot back teasingly at him and got him to return my smile, yet earning even more eye-rolls and sarcastic glances from Liam and Tony.

Suddenly, the four of us seemed to simultaneously hear footsteps on the pavement of the parking lot, coming closer behind us with every step. Tony turned around to see who it was, first, but Liam spoke without even looking.

"Maybe Guigs decided to finally fucking join us after all this time,"

"Doubt it, Li," Tony replied, causing the rest of us to turn and actually look for ourselves.

"Nope," Noel joined on to Tony's statement. "It's just Erin's crummy boyfriend."

As much as the boys from the rival bands seemed to hate each other, the brothers had learned to deal with Damon since they saw a lot more of him. However, that didn't mean that they stopped making inappropriate jokes and comments about him, that was just the way they were. But I had come to know that they didn't mean it in a serious, or even threatening way, and that was good enough for Damon, and good enough for me.

As I turned to lock eyes with my 'crummy boyfriend' and give him a smile, Liam started making gagging sounds and fake vomiting as he walked closer. I quickly shifted and punched Li in the shoulder.

"Stop acting like a child," I scolded but couldn't help my chuckling with the other two boys.

At this, Damon had reached our little group and put his hand on my shoulder. I rotated my head to smile at him and give him a quick kiss, of course not going unnoticed by the younger brother of the group.

   "Oh my fucking god, get a room!" He exclaimed and then wickedly smiled to himself.

  Damon and I pulled away from each other and I, of course, rolled my eyes.

  "Nice to see you too, Liam," Damon smiled to himself and brushed it off like it was nothing.

   My boyfriend then turned to me as Liam, Noel, and Tony all talked amongst themselves. "I sure won't miss seeing those two for a couple of months," He teased and nodded to the Gallaghers.

  "Yeah, well I'll be stuck with them. What a life," I smiled. "How'd the interview go?"

  "It was alright," He spoke and ran a hand through his hair. "We talked a bit about our upcoming tour."

  "And?" I wanted more information, for I knew Blur would be touring for their new album soon and I wanted to know when the date was, hoping that it didn't overlap with the Oasis one so we could spend some time together in between.

   "Still no date," He added and I groaned slightly.

  "Well, you'll let me know as soon as you find out, right?"

  "Of course, love," Damon said and kissed the top of my head.

  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Guigsy pull his suitcase up to join us, and I knew it was time to go. Noel directed me with a nod towards the plane. I nodded back.

  "Well, it's time," My voice quivered while lowering and I looked down at the ground.

  My eyes met Damon's once he began speaking, wanting to get one final look into them. "You know I'm going to miss you so fucking much."

   "I'm gonna miss you too," I laughed. "I'll call you every night. Every night, alright?"

  "Alright," He agreed and chuckled. "I love you, E."

  "I love you too," The corners of my turned upwards and I blushed. Damon wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up, giving me a good ten second hug before setting me down. I rested my head on his shoulder before finally picking up my luggage and pulling away.

  "Bye," I said before waving slightly and pulling my luggage over to the plane, walking on and sitting down next to Noel in a window seat.

  I waved to Damon once more before leaning back in my seat and sighing.

  "You alright?" The Gallagher next to me questioned and I nodded.

   "Yeah, I am."

  And I actually was. Even with having to leave Damon for a couple of months, everything had already fallen into place. I was surrounded by people I loved, and I was going to continue to be surrounded by those people. I had everything I could ever want.

  Everything made sense. Everything was alright as long as I was with Damon.

  "Noel! You didn't fucking tell me we had all this fucking weed in our suitcase!"

  And these two idiots, of course.

A/n: Trust me, Erin is a strong, independent woman but I think that was a good way to end it. I really loved writing this and I cannot thank you guys enough! As always, thanks for reading. -Liz :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 1.4K 53
Sally is a 15 year old girl who lived in Manchester, and this is a story of her continued struggles facing her and her best friend Liam Gallagher
3.9K 62 23
'Before I could say another word, his lips were interlocked with mine, the adrenaline ran through my veins, I'd forgotten what it was like to be in h...
37.6K 590 39
Alison has always had a thing for older guys, but things get complicated when she gets close to a friend of her dad's
41.2K 869 17
Life doesn't run smooth for Penny Lane, and being named after a Beatles track doesn't help. A complex childhood followed by an even more complex adu...