Chapter 17

Hi guys, I've been sort of down lately but writing always makes me feel better so that's what I'm doing. Also, this is a short filler chapter, but stuff will happen soon, I promise.

It had been three weeks. Three weeks since that night at the Boardwalk and three weeks since I had started seeing Damon. Three weeks I had been having the time of my life with a newly-discovered relationship, and three weeks both Damon and I had neglected to tell anyone.

Recording of our album went on just as life did, and it seemed to get busier and busier by the day. We had recorded ten out of the twelve songs we'd decided to be on the album, and it felt as though the last two couldn't have come to us sooner. Noel and I each had one more song left and both faced major writer's block, not to mention, pressure from the three other boys and our producer. I would be glad to hand my song off to the older Gallagher, as he would with his to me, but neither of us wanted to deal with that, so we were stuck. Surprise, surprise.

   However, we did decide to name the album something that had to do with Morning Glory, and even though it wasn't quite complete, it was a step forward in the entire process that I didn't even know we needed.

   Really, all I needed was some sleep; a good night's sleep because I had been deprived for the past couple of months. And I knew once this album was released, we'd be back on tour again, and I'd be losing sleep even more than before. But, in that gap period between the recording and tour, that's when I'd get some sleep.

In that period, that's all I wanted to do. Well, that and spend time with Damon, I guess.

   Currently, it was a Saturday, one of the final weeks we were recording, which meant that instead of getting up to go to work at eight, I got to sleep in til around ten. Not much better compared to how much I usually sleep in, but fantastic compared to my norm lately.

I was laying in my boyfriend's bed, and instead of being woken up by an alarm, or even creaky floorboards, I woke up to the sound of his voice which was a lot better than the other two options.

   "Love," He mumbled and shook me slightly. "Wake up."

  "Ugh," I groaned and put my hand over my eyes, turning slightly away from the voice. He laughed in response but I didn't care. All I wanted was to sleep some more. "I don't wanna get up." I pouted like a child.

  "I know, but you're almost done," He bribed. "Just a couple more days, and then you'll be on break and you can sleep in all you want." Damon bribed but I still didn't budge.

"Mm, I wanna be on a break now," I sighed, knowing that I was full awake and aware as of now.

"But you'll never be on a break if you don't help the band finish recording," He responded and played with my spread out hair on the pillow now that he saw I was up. "Instead, you'll just be on a permanent break. And by that, I mean out of the band and you'll be out of work."

"Oh, I'm alright with that," I insisted and smiled up at my boyfriend who was propped up on his elbow. "At least, maybe then we can tell people we're together. And I don't need money anyways."

"As tempting as that sounds, you need the money, E." He joked and stuck his tongue out, making me laugh.

  Realizing that it was now or never, I threw the bed sheets and comforter off of me and let my feet touch the cold, hardwood floor. My pajama/sweatpants were on the floor so I picked them up and slowly slid them on, not particularly wanting to face the world.

   I stood up as Damon came around the bed and kissed the top of my head, then my lips. He hugged me but then let go to say something.

   "If I make you breakfast, will that motivate you to get ready quicker?" He asked.

   "Definitely. I'll be out in five," Was the last thing I said before Damon went out of the room and I got ready to face yet another day of recording.

*

  I ended up coming into the kitchen to the smell of bacon, and I didn't know how I could possibly like this man any more than I already did. I mean, bacon is good on any day, but especially on the days when you're over exhausted, which was today.

"Well don't you look nice today," Damon joked and turned around to look at me as I sat down.

I rolled my eyes playfully considering what I was wearing, the same sweatpants from earlier this morning and one of his sweatshirts. It was no secret that I put no effort into this look, but I honestly couldn't care less.

"Oh, whatever," I mumbled. "It's one of the final days of recording and I don't care if I look nice for guys that I've known for almost five years."

   "I said you looked 'nice' not ugly," The man laughed as he put the bacon on the plate and brought it over to me.

   "Well thank you," I replied. "For the compliment, and the bacon. You've already made this sucky day a lot better."

   "Aw, don't be so pessimistic," Damon responded, putting his own bacon on a plate and sitting down next to me.

  "I can't help it," And for the next about ten minutes or so, we ate and talked about various things in our life, both about work and family, but after that it was time for me to leave.

   I had left the flat in not a great mood, but I came back in an even worse one.

A/n: So yeah, really short. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)

Chemical World || Damon AlbarnOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara