Chapter 14

Had homecoming this weekend and it was so much fun! How was your guys' week?

   "Thank fucking god we got out of there,"

  It was Damon who spoke first as soon as we stepped outside. We had walked around to the back of the club and sat against the brick wall, where no one could find us.

  And for right now, it was just me, him, and the cigarette that we were sharing since my pack was out after this one. And that was all I needed.

  "Yeah, listen I'm sorry about that," I muttered. "I thought this 'rivalry' was more show than tell."

  "Ha," Damon laughed at this and I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, right."

"Okay, okay," The man passed the cigarette to me and I took another drag, watching him from the corner of my eye and saw that he was staring at me. Well, either me or the cigarette, I wasn't sure which. "I know it was stupid for me to take you to meet the band, but-"

"Then why'd you do it?" I was cut off and I turned to face Damon with a roll of my eyes. He, of course, had a smirk on his face.

"You didn't let me finish," I emphasized and couldn't help but smile as I continued. "I was just really happy from our gig. It was something I didn't even think about."

"So like a heat of the moment thing?" I passed the cig to him.

"Yeah, some shit like that I guess,"

  He chuckled and took a drag. "I get it. At one festival we played I ran around stage like an idiot until a fucking amp fell down on my foot. I'm the same way. It seems all musicians do some pretty stupid shit in the heat of the moment."

  Having him say that with the most serious look on his face, made me laugh even harder at the image that was replaying over and over in my mind.

  "When was this?" My laughing paused to mutter out a few words.

  "Sometime back it '93," He shrugged and grinned at my reaction. "It was right after we released the Modern Life album." He didn't say the full name, but I knew what he was talking about.

  "Please, that can't be just a heat of the moment thing," I rolled my eyes and took a drag, having the cigarette back in my hands. "What were you on?"

  "Well, I do remember taking a little bit of coke before I went on," He said seriously, but smiled as I giggled. "But nothing too huge."

  "Uh-huh, okay." I spoke, disbelieving almost every part of the last sentence he said.

    Silence fell over us as the cigarette shortened out to a small bud. I threw it on the ground and stomped on it, running a hand through my hair as I remembered that I didn't have anymore left in my pack. Whatever, it was getting cold anyways and I figured I should head in soon.

"Thanks for coming tonight," I continued the conversation after a little bit, and the corners of my lips pulled upwards as he replied.

"No problem," He glanced up and our eyes met. "But my favorite part of the night was definitely when I was with the whole band, not just you."

"Shut up," I tried to be serious but couldn't help laughing as I playfully shoved him and he cackled, losing a bit of balance as I did so. "I told you I was sorry!"

  "I know!" He protested. "I was just kidding. Ever heard of it?" He emphasized.

  "Of course I have, I'm best friends with Liam Gallagher. He couldn't take shit serious if his life depended on it." I smirked to myself, thinking of multiple memories. "Not to mention, I'm friends with you and I seem to have gotten used to it by now."

"Very true," He grinned, and even though I couldn't really see because it was dark out, I felt his hand brush against mine on the pavement in between us. Instead of pulling away though, I just rested it there, and he didn't pull his away either.

I bit my lip as another wave of silence washed over us and Damon's hand stayed on top of mine. My head was leaned back against the wall, but even still, I periodically stole quick glances from the corner of my eye.

He was doing the same, except his eyes were focused on the sky and his head was tilted back a bit in order to do so. After a little while, neither of us had spoken and I was growing tired of the silence. So once again, I was the first one to speak, however, I didn't dare mention the position of our hands, or what the hell we were even still doing out here.

   "When can I come see Blur play?" I questioned and I could hear Damon turn to look at me based on the way his clothes ruffled against the wall. He chuckled and squeezed my hand before letting go and pulling his arm away. I instantly missed the warmth and wished; internally pleaded and begged, that he would hold it again.

   "You don't want to see us play," He stated simply.

  "Why's that? Would your band mates taunt me like mine did to you tonight?"

  "No, more like they would taunt me for inviting you," He paused but I could tell he wasn't done talking. "And frankly, if you were there I'd find some sort of way to mess up and make a fool of myself."

  "Oh I'm sure it wouldn't be worse than when the amp fell on your foot," All of a sudden, I couldn't stop laughing at the vision, playing over and over again in my mind.

  "Okay, stop bringing that up!" He argued through a smile and a chuckle. "And you better not tell anyone else about that. Especially not the brothers."

  "Please, after tonight you will never be mentioned in their company again," I responded and I could see him frown, but I ignored it. "Anyways, when do you play next? You came to see Oasis, I'm coming to see Blur."

"No! You're not coming because I'm gonna be nervous and make fifty thousand mistakes!" He protested.

"What? No you won't! Just think of it like it's only you and me there, and we're having a conversation. You're not nervous when you talk to me, right?"

"Erin, I'm fucking nervous around you all the time," He quickly replied and I felt my heart stop for a second.

"Huh?" I was confused as I could practically feel him roll his eyes.

"You're gorgeous, you're smart, you're funny, and every time I just look at you, I feel butterflies in my stomach, as fucking cheesy as that sounds." He chuckled and put a hand behind his neck.

"Oh," Was all I managed to say.

"Not to mention, you can play guitar incredibly, and the songs you write are insane. God, when you were up on stage I felt like I was about to faint from how amazing you were and how beautiful you looked."

I sighed and tried to process all that he was telling me. It was a lot to take in all at once, but it was so flattering to hear someone talk about me this way. I just wouldn't have expected it to be the lead singer of Blur.

But it was. It was the guy from our rival band.

"Damon," I muttered before moving closer to him and having our lips connect. His hands wrapped around my waist and mine found my way through his hair. Feeling a million electric sparks go through my body all at once.

And at this moment, I knew I didn't want to be with anyone else.

A/n: So it happened! Had so much fun writing this chapter, can't wait to write more for you guys! Thanks for reading! -Liz :)