Chapter 3

School starts in just a couple days and I am not ready. Once I get into the routine of school again, I think I am going to have to update this book only once or maybe twice a week but I will keep you guys updated.

  "What time is it?" I asked the entire room, getting very antsy and pacing around the room.

  "About forty minutes past eight," Noel answered and added something extra, referring to the situation I was anxious about. "That twat is fucking forty minutes late."

  The 'twat' he was talking about was his brother; no surprise there, who we had all been waiting on to get our recording started. Recording started directly at eight, and we all knew this. Well, all of us except apparently, Liam.

  And of course, it was on my day to have control of the studio. Because why wouldn't it be?

"Shit, if he doesn't show up in twenty minutes we're gonna have to do the song without him," I said and Noel quickly interjected.

"Erin, why don't I sing the song? I could do it just as well!" He crossed his arms and I laughed, mocking him by crossing mine as well.

"Noel, you have a great voice," I replied, trying not to make him mad. "But your voice is better doing acoustic stuff, whereas Liam's is best for rock n' roll, which is what this song is."

"Well no fucking offense to me," He mumbled and pouted while I laughed at him, to which he eventually started laughing too.

  "Listen," I said. "Just give him a couple minutes like I said earlier, and then if he doesn't show up I'll have Guigs sing."

  "What?!" Guigsy's attention quickly came to what I was saying. "Nope, not today. No thank you!"

"Fine, then I'll just have Tony sing it," I stated like it was nothing.

"I'm good," Tony said and picked up his drumsticks, twirling one around his finger. "Erin, why don't you sing it?" He teased.

"Because we all know my singing is rubbish. That's why I play the guitar," I replied with the truth.

"Well I play the guitar," Noel joined.

"And I never said your singing wasn't rubbish," I couldn't help but cackle at the last part of my sentence.

"Fuck you," He responded and stuck his tongue out, teasingly, to which I did the same.

"Whatever," I spoke, discarding our last conversation. "The important thing is that we need Liam to sing this song. And he's not here."

"No shit," Replied the brother of the late boy. "Lemme see the song anyway, so we can see what we have to work with."

I sighed and handed him the lyrics, which he gladly took without hesitation. I watched him carefully read over what I wrote and observed as he made different facial expressions at what he read. I waited for him to finish, hoping that I could get at least a little bit of his approval.

"Well, what do you think?" I questioned while he handed the slip of paper back to me.

  "'Morning Glory's a good song title," Was all that he said.

  "That's all?" I asked and for a second I thought he was serious until he let a smile creep up on his face for a small second.

  "You liar," I mumbled and returned the slight smile before pushing him so he stumbled back on his feet.

  "I'm kidding," He laughed, careful to not get pushed around more. "I like it. A lot. But what I hope is that we can start recording the damn thing real fucking soon."

  "And that's up to Liam, who doesn't seem to be showing up anytime soon." I finished and the rest of the band nodded their heads to my statement.

But suddenly, as I said this, the door to the recording studio slammed open, the person we all wanted to see stumbled through the door and into the room, holding a piece of crumbled up orange paper in his hand, and quickly shifting his weight from one foot to the other. We all stared at him like he was a lunatic, and he watched us as his brother spoke out to him first.

"Liam, where the fuck have you been?! You're fucking forty-five minutes late!"

  "Oh, I overslept," He responded like it was no big deal. "My alarm didn't go off but I also saw something on the way there and-"

  "Liam!" I interrupted. "It doesn't matter! We need you to do lead vocals for the song I brought in today and you're totally late, which puts everything behind schedule!"

  "Okay, but," The younger Gallagher spoke, completely disregarding my statement. "I found something on the way here that will make my lateness all worth it! I promise!"

  "And that is..." Guigsy said.

  "Uh, well take a look at this flyer," He replied and handed it to me.

  I un-crumbled the piece of paper as everyone but Liam crowded around me to read what it said. However, before I even laid my eyes on what the flyer said, I knew it wouldn't be a good enough excuse for the younger brother's lateness.

  "A party?" Noel was the first one to finish reading. "You mean to tell me you were late because you picked up a flyer for a fucking university party?!"

  "Yes!" Liam argued. "It's at eight o'clock tonight and all of us are going!"

  "Nope I can't," Tony interjected. "My daughter's ballet recital is tonight and I can't miss it."

  "Fine, then the four of us will go," Liam motioned to Noel, Guigs, me, and himself.

  "Damn, I wish I had a daughter so I could get out of this," Guigsy mumbled and Noel nodded his head in agreement.

  "Oh come off it, Guigs," The man continued. "We'll all go tonight, and we'll have a real fucking good time, okay?"

  "Mm, I'll go," Noel said. "I've been needing a good shag lately so why not? But a university party? Seriously?"

  "That was too much information," I cringed and held a hand up. "But maybe a university party will be fun. I'll go if we can finally get started on this song."

  "So it's settled," The younger brother smiled. "All of us minus Tony are going. Now, hand me the lyrics to the song so we can get this fucking thing done."

  I picked up the sheet of lyrics lying on a nearby amp and handed it to Liam, watching as he read it over just like I did earlier with his brother.

  As soon as he learned the words and I told everyone else their parts to play, recording had finally taken place, with all of us thinking about the same thing; the party.

And who would've known that the stupid party would be the start of all my different chaos.

A/n: Development! Thanks for reading. -Liz :)