Chapter 5

Alright y'all, who's ready for some Damon?

Also, the first day of school was today and it was pretty good. But I still don't want to go. Have you started school yet?

   As I looked directly into Damon's eyes, a million thoughts filled my mind. Should I still go over there? Yes, of course, I needed a drink. But was there anyway I could do that without talking to him? I hoped so.

  But the one thing that I wondered about the most was why he was here. And was he with anyone? It seemed weird that our biggest rival band kept showing up wherever we went, since we tried our best to avoid each other.

  At this moment, my second question was answered when Graham, the guitarist from Blur walked up to Damon and told him something. His eyes snapped away from mine so I shot mine towards the ground, thinking about what I should do about getting a drink.

  Not daring to look back up again, I had made my decision to walk over there and pour myself some beer, not really caring if the lead singer from our rival band, who, may I remind you, had previously winked at me was over there. It was a party, and I needed to loosen up, no matter who or what stood as a distraction.

I had began to walk over just as Graham had walked away. Once there, I grabbed a cup from beside the keg and poured myself a drink. The entire time I did this, however, I could feel the lead singer's eyes on me. I glanced over and noticed him staring once I was done pouring myself a drink, so I said something.

"Didn't think I'd see you here," I spoke first and took a sip of my beer. "But I didn't expect to see you last night either."

"Well same here," He said simply and I lifted my eyes to meet his face, which was smirking at me like it had been previously. "But then again, no one could miss you with that hat on."

Damn. I mentally cursed myself for still having Liam's bucket-hat on my head, looking obviously very stupid in it.

"Uh, yeah," I stuttered, feeling my face turn red. "It's Liam's and I stole it to mess around with him. I don't know why he wears it, I guess he thinks he looks like Ian Brown in it or something. I forgot I even had it on." I rambled quite a bit.

Damon laughed at this and I cracked a smile as well. "Well I don't think a bucket hat is going to make him look the least bit like Ian Brown."

"I know, right?" I commented, chuckled and smiled again, but soon after dropped the subject.

  "Why did you guys decide to come here anyways?" Damon asked, changing the topic.

  "Well, Liam brought a flyer for the party in during recording and-" I began to speak but cut myself off once I remembered that no one should know about us recording our second album. "Shit." I finished.

  The man chuckled into his cup while taking another drink and spoke up soon after he was done.

  "You guys are recording a second album?" He asked.

  "Yeah, well we're not trying to be one-hit wonders. But it was supposed to be a secret," I whined about what I had done. No one was supposed to know about the album we were making, especially the lead singer of our rival band. Not yet, at least.

  Damon laughed once again and said something in response. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're almost done recording our fourth album." He shrugged like it was nothing.

  "Really? We just started ours," Internally, I thought about how I would tell the rest of the band this information, but inferring that Damon somehow really wanted keep what I just accidentally told him, I wasn't sure that I would tell my friends his secret either.

"Yeah, for the most part it went pretty well, except this time Graham and Alex couldn't seem to stop fighting over small, stupid things,"

"Ugh, tell me about it!" I related. "All the brothers do is fight. Can't seem to go a whole hour of getting something done without an argument from those two." I sipped my drink again, for just talking about it gave me stress.

"Mm, I couldn't imagine how it would be working with siblings. I mean, if I had to be in a band with my sister we would fight constantly too. And that wouldn't end up well for anyone."

  "Hm," I processed the information that he had a sister and thought about how there was so much more to this man than how he sang or whatever else met the eye. He was becoming quite interesting and someone to talk to at this stupid party because the rest of my friends had abandoned me. I figured I might just want to spend the rest of my time here tonight with him. Until I had to leave.

  "Do you want another drink?" He asked and I hadn't even realized that my cup was empty. "I need one as well."

  "We're both right near the keg, I think I can manage to pour one myself," I raised an eyebrow at him.

  "All I'm hearing is that you need a drink, so I'm getting you one. And one for myself of course," Damon said goofily as I smiled and bit my lip.

  As he walked over to the keg and poured two drinks, setting the first one on top so it wouldn't get in the way, I watched the lights from the party illuminate his face every couple of seconds, studying every feature from his eyes, to his nose, to his, eyebrows, to his hair, and then his mouth. He seemed like the kind of guy that every girl would want to be with, especially since he was a singer, so why did he decide to talk to the female guitarist from his rival band? Shouldn't he be off shagging some blonde, attractive girl who couldn't even count to fifty?

  Suddenly he came back with the drinks in his hands, handing one off to me and keeping one to himself, sipping it in no time.

  "Do you like what you're seeing?" He joked and I knew he had caught me staring.

  "Nope," I instantly spoke, a blush forming on my face. I just thanked that the lighting was way too dark for him to recognize that.

  "Well, I think I like what I'm seeing," Damon spoke softer.

  And I knew it was going to be quite the long night.

A/n: Kinda sucked but whateva 🤪
Thanks for reading. -Liz :)