Chapter 11

This doesn't have anything to do with the story but I've really into 90s hip-hop and rap lately. Do you guys like that kind of stuff?

Also, things are going to get interesting soon, I promise.

   It was around seven forty-five when the band had finished recording, having decided that we needed an early finish, and an early night's sleep after how long we had worked last night. And I couldn't have agreed more.

  Except for the fact that I couldn't go home and go to sleep, since I was supposed to go to dinner with Damon at the new place that had just opened. Almost twenty four hours had passed and I already forgot the name of the place, but at least I remembered where it was, which was fantastic for me with all the song lyrics and guitar solos I had loaded in my mind.

Saying my quick goodbyes to the band, and even hugging Liam when he asked; (he was a little tipsy, having drank all day during recording, but no surprise there), I walked out the doors of the building and waited for no one to see where I was going. I stepped in my car and quickly drove off, trying my best to remember the exact turns to take to actually get to the place.

Annoyed with the silence in my car, I turned on the the radio as I came to a stoplight. Ironically, Blur was playing and I instantly changed it, knowing that even if I became friends with the lead singer, I most likely wouldn't be involved with their stuff. I'm sure it would be the same way with Damon and Oasis, but who knew for sure?

I twirled my hair around my finger and sighed to myself while changing the radio with my other hand, finally settling on 'This Charming Man' by The Smiths, a band that I had basically grown up listening to.

The words and catchy guitar riff filled the car, yet another riff getting placed in my brain. My eyes flickered to the light as it turned green, and I drove forward, taking what was the final left turn and approaching the café on the right.

The Coffee House. That was what it was called. Stupid name, but I was just glad it wasn't too fancy, since I was just wearing jeans and over-sized jumper having come from work. I took one last look at the place as I parked the car and getting out, ran a hand through my hair as I shut the door and began my short walk through the doors of the building.

  As I stepped inside I felt the instant warmth, a big improvement from the weather outside, and took a look around me, spotting a familiar head of blonde hair sitting all alone at a table for two, to my far left. I smiled a bit to myself and strolled over there, his eyes meeting mine once I was only a couple steps away.

  "Hi," I spoke, sitting down in the chair across from him.

  "Hey," He grinned as we began to get lost in conversation.

*

  "So, you're telling me Liam got hit in the head with a hammer; the third day of primary school?"

Damon was the one asking the question, since it was already close to eleven and we had been here for almost a good three hours, talking about music, movies, childhood, and now, Liam getting whacked with a hammer.

"Explains a lot, doesn't it?" I joked and grinned, taking a sip of my second coffee that I was almost done with, feeling pretty alert from the amount of caffeine I'd taken in.

"Are you kidding?" The man responded. "It puts the entire past two or three years in perspective. No wonder he's so insane." He laughed and I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"It's what makes him a good singer," I stated and Damon raised an eyebrow, obviously confused by this entire piece of Gallagher history.

"What?"