Chapter 16

Hey guys, how is everyone? Sorry for the inconsistent updates but it's just based on my schedule, which seems different every week haha.

Also, I've been listening to the Smiths on loop. Anyone else here like the Smiths?

   "That's a fucking good suggestion. Ain't that right, Erin?"

  "What?" I called out and snapped out of my thoughts only to see Liam smirking and glaring at me all at the same time. It was obvious he knew that I wasn't very involved in the recording process.

I couldn't help it. I was overly exhausted from last night, and all that was on my mind was Damon. I was wearing his shirt that practically smelled of him, which made today a little bit more bearable, but my mind was a different story.

We were seeing each other tonight, and each time I just begun to give input for the album, my brain turned to that thought, and I felt as if I was done for the day.

"I said that we should cut all your songs off the album, sound good?" Li was obviously joking to see if I was paying attention, and now it was clear that I wasn't.

"No, sorry," I blushed slightly and sank down into Damon's shirt, sliding down the one couch we had in the studio; the one I was sitting on.

   "Out of it tonight, are we?" Tony spoke up from his drum set in the back of the room.

   My first instinct was to roll my eyes but I took a different direction as my brain actually processed what he was saying. "Wait, tonight?"

   "Yeah," Tony raised an eyebrow like I was crazy.

   "Sorry, just can't believe it's already night," I responded.

   "How? You've rarely done anything today," Guigsy jumped in and Liam erupted in laughter.

   I shot daggers at Liam to silence him, but that didn't work. "Shut up, Li," Still nothing. "And besides, it was Noel's day anyways, we did one of his songs, so you can't expect me to be that involved." I tried to convince them but they weren't having it.

   "Yeah right," The younger Gallagher rolled his eyes and disregarded my statement. "You know you're a fucking complete control freak in the studio, so what's different about today?"

   "Oh, well, you know..." I drifted off and looked down at my jeans, trying to stall from telling them the truth since I didn't have an already planned out lie to announce.

And then as if he was some sort of guardian angel, Noel's face popped through the door to the studio and looked around for a second before his eyes landed on me.

   "Erin," He paused and threw his head back a bit to signal me out the door. "Come 'ere for a minute, we need help." He meant himself and our producer, Owen. 

   "Sure," I said and instantly jumped off the couch, practically running right behind Noel and out the door, glad that I wouldn't have to continue my conversation, or rather the interrogation with the other three guys.

  "You came at the exact right time, you don't even know," I spoke to Noel with a smile once the door was closed and we were far from where Liam, Guigs, and Tony could hear us.

   Noel turned back to look at me just as we reached the producing station, standing right next to Owen. "Like I said before," He began. "You're acting really fucking weird, E."

   That was last thing he said to me before we got into all of the producing stuff. Stuff that I couldn't possibly care less about.

*

   My car smelled cigarettes and piss as soon as I stepped in. I scrunched my nose up at the smell and couldn't exactly understand why it smelled like that.

"When was the last time I smoked in here?" I thought aloud to myself after I shut the door and started the engine, the radio blaring a song by The Smiths (hehe) all too loudly.

   "Fucking hell," I mumbled and turned down the volume very quickly, backing out of the parking spot and sighing very loudly.

   It was no secret it hadn't been the easiest day for me, much less the most interesting, but all that mattered now was that I got through it. And I was going to see him. That made the day a lot better.

   I smiled to myself while driving off, taking turns to Damon's house that I was surprised to have remembered, but I somehow did. The song by the Smiths faded into one by the Stone Roses and I began to hum along, knowing it very very well from the Liam, Noel, Guigs, and Tony's love for the band. I however, didn't get all the fuss about them. But I never uttered a word about that.

I made my final turn into the neighborhood where Damon's flat was, and was internally thankful that his place was so close to where we were currently recording. Not long after, I had pulled up to his house, and removing the key from the engine and getting out of the car.

Walking up to the front door, I ran a hand through my hair and knocked carefully. After a couple of seconds, it was quickly being opened to reveal the man that I left a couple of hours ago, in the same boxers and shirt that I last saw him in.

He pulled me in for a kiss as soon as I saw him and I giggled into it, causing him to pull away.

"What?" He asked.

"I guess you couldn't be bothered to dress up," I kidded and he rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Why would I dress up when all we're doing is staying in?" He smirked.

"Is that supposed to imply something?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Of course it is," He laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me inside with him and closing the door behind us.

A/n: That was short, sorry. I'm really tired. Thanks for reading. -Liz :)