Duality | Monsta X [√]

By myshatae

During the day they were students of a prestigious university, but at night, something else. The seven cute b... More

Intro
Perlude
2: An unexpected event
3: Man with the eyebrow piercing
4: Something they are not
5: Biggest mistake
6: Danger
7: The start
8: Swirling emotions
9: The anger within
10: Issues
11: All I see
12: The craziest day
13: An interest sparks
14: Answers
15: The whale takes you
16: Let the pain out
17: Two sides
18: Getting used to
19: Late autumn afternoon
20: Answers
21: The fleeting moments
22: Like the movies
23: Different
24: Someone to lean on
25: Burning sensation
26: Eight of us
27: Crushing cigarettes
28: Drunk in you
29: Developing feelings
30: Christmas night
31: Shit going down
32: Forever with you
33: When the clock strikes twelve
34: A kiss in the dark
35: Everything goes
36: Eternal darkness
37: Gone
38: Until we are completed
39 (final pt 1): Everlasting memories
40 (final pt 2): The Clan club
a/n + reflection
bonus chapter : see you again

1: The English club

3.9K 204 186
By myshatae

"Only obsessed with you
But I'm not dangerous so baby don’t worry"

-Stuck, monsta x

At that moment I had never regretted anything more in my life than stepping inside this place, the English club.

Though it would be too farfetched to call this one the very worst decision in my life as I'd told myself that way many times before. I was not the person to ever be confident in any of my choices.

But when I came in through the door and only saw girls going crazy waiting for the hosts of the club and a few boys who were just as excited as them I knew something was wrong.

Now that there were at least a few hundred girls and boys (perhaps I was exaggerating with the number but that's how it felt like) who more seemed like 'fans' rather than 'students to learn' I was quick enough on my feet to fleet but then I realized,

There was no escape. The spacious club room was already filled to the brim with people and my only friend, the door seemed faraway from me in the midst of this crowd.

The oh so 'cute' English club hosts the boys and girls were going crazy for, had already made their ways onto the small stage and was saying something but all I could think about was running away.

Though at first they looked huge in number, after I counted, it was seven.

Seven boys giggly and bubbly, highly contagious cause the crowd just seemed to go bonkers, even louder than before and I bit on my lips regretting again.

This was only my third day in Seoul University, after studying my nonexistent ass off while working part time jobs day and night I finally got into this place but nothing seemed like it was going right.

Most importantly, poor was my middle name. Joining a club would be a fancy dream for me but after three days of having different students from different clubs shoving their leaflets at me I had no choice but to get my name enlisted somewhere.

While I thought English club would look good on my CV and could actually get me a decent job few years later I had never imagined this would turn out to be a fanclub of seven dudes.

"As I was saying, most of our conversation will be in English. Please don't be shy, we all make mistakes." One of them, a brown haired guy pushed his glasses back from the tip of his nose.

I was baffled a little hearing his accent, if I wasn't seeing him right before my eyes I would've thought it was some native English speaking person.

"I'm Im Changkyun," he said, the crowd went wild with a cheer. "And I'm the president of the English club that I, along with my friends here established two years ago."

I could see his 'friends' giving him proud smiles. The dark brown haired boy continued, "I'm also the youngest of my friends. I'm an English major on my second year."

He was only a year ahead of me? But he looked so mature for his age.

As the glasses guy looked to his left another guy with a bigger build stepped forward, his hair just as brown but was scattered on his forehead, perhaps he looked a little too innocent for his body.

"Ah, hello." He paused for a bit, I would've thought he was nervous but he didn't look so. More than that he looked like he was being careful of his word choices as he was speaking in English.

"I'm Shownu. I'm the eldest here. I'm getting my Master's degree here in gymnastic."

The girls and boys around me hollered and he gave us a small smile.

"I'm Lee Hoseok, hi!" a guy with even a bigger build waved excitedly with a bright smile on his face. "I'll be happy if you call me Wonho. I'm music Major, fourth year!"

I could see a few girls almost on the verge of collapsing on the floor. More than the muscles of this Wonho guy, or his bright smile, the thing that looked the most attractive to me was his hair colour.

It was white with streaks of turquoise blue. If I hadn't seen this man today I would've never knew someone could look good on this hairstyle.

"I'm Minhyuk! Also fourth year!" One of them with silver hair color, as bright as platinum shouted loudly against the crowd. "I'm majoring in human resource and management."

Oh.

A senior from my major.

It was a bit funny to me how I hadn't noticed him before though it was already my third day here. But again, I wouldn't necessarily notice anyone unless they were important to me.

And that list of people is almost zero.

"I'm Yoo Kihyun. Psychology major in fourth year. You are all freshman right? Congratulations on getting into Seoul national university," A boy with curly brown hair, actually the shortest of them said with a warm smile.

As usual the girls and boys swooned, was there any of these hosts whom these people weren't going crazy for?

"I'm Lee Jooheon, Korean literature, third year," the dark and short haired among them smiled showing his deep dimples. For reasons he looked the least bubbly to me, I couldn't help but think he was a bit scary until he smiled.

"Chae Hyungwon. Fashion designing. Third year." The slickest among them spoke in his raspy voice.

This one had longer hair than the rest, it was a messy curl that rested on top of his head and sides of face like a crown. He had protruding lips. He did have a body and face to be jealous of.

Perhaps all of them had but should I be thinking about that now?

I had more important things to care about yet here I was wasting my time. Quickly turning on my feet I tried to shove my way out, my part time job was important, money was more important.

"Hey, you there. Right there, please!"

The native English speaking voice spoke loudly. At that moment the whole room was quiet and I was quick to stop scurrying on my feet when I realized the people around me were looking, exactly at me.

So I turned around and the seven boys from that small stage were staring at me too.

"Me?" I pointed at myself though I was sure already that it was indeed me.

Now that the whole attention was on me I could finally decide that coming here was really the worse choice I'd ever made, because there was nothing more I hated than a bunch of strangers staring at me intently.

The glasses boy pushed his round specs back as he let out a soft chuckle and then he put his hands behind his back. "I've never seen someone leave this room before us in these two years. Are you in a hurry?"

I swear I could see a dark gaze coming from his eyes but that vanished right after.

Did I hurt their inflated ego?

"Hey! Do you know English?" The Wonho guy smiled at me. Sadly I couldn't return the smile.

"Hyung wants to know if you can speak English. You came here to learn like others, didn't you?" The glasses guy spoke again, I couldn't remember his name no matter how hard I looked over to the shelves of my memory lane.

"Ah, yeah," I mumbled.

"Then please stay a few more minutes. We will be over soon since this is only an introductory club meeting today."

His name was Changkyun, that's when I remembered suddenly.

"What's your name by the way?"

It didn't feel right to tell them my name, this was only the first day and I had already gotten on some hotshot senior's nerves.

"Kang Daisy."

"Daisy," my name echoed in the silent room when he said it in his deep voice.

"Even your name is in English. I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this club, Daisy."

I wish I had rather joined the satanic cult club now.

---
A/n: fun fact, the satanic cult club hosts are the GOT7 members.

I love ahgases. Anyway, this was only the first chapter but I promise it'll get more interesting.

I hope you'll follow-low-low-low-low-low the rest of the chapters (yes I made that pun)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 801 25
HyungKyun that's all I'll tell you :) Surprise yourself! I hope you enjoy it! ~~~ Big thanks to my best friend for helping me with this story. She's...
457 41 43
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘳 * shownu x changkyun 02.17.20
2.4K 192 22
in which Minhyuk never listen anything Minjae says. "Minhyuk listen to me." "NO I WONT." "GET OUT" PLEASE DONT COPY... OKAY... ALSO ENJOY THE STO...
161K 11.1K 32
Despite being a girl, Choi Minjae is the errand boy of the seven rich lads of Seoul. Hiding one's gender for the job has never been easier with her b...