The Missing Parents Club

By RWBY_Fangirl12

Ruby, Oscar, Ren, Nora, Emerald, Neo and Mercury are all friends who live in an orphanage together and call t... More

Carnac Orphanage
Adoption day
Curiosity killed the Cat
Hideouts and forgotten memories
10 years later
Some People just want to watch the world burn
Train Ride
Signing up and Faking our Deaths
A day in Vale
Entrance Exams
Why do you want to become Huntsmen and Huntresses?
Beacon Academy
Initiation pt.1
Initiation pt.2
Initiation pt. 3
First day
Trouble
This is the part where we get involved.
This is the part where we regret getting involved.
Houston, I have too many problems.
Not a chapter

The beginning of the end

428 16 22
By RWBY_Fangirl12

(A/N: I have nothing to say for myself. Enjoy the chapter)

Ruby:

Torchwick shot at me but I dodged every time. I turned the corner and went behind a crate, I could hear Torchwick's footsteps getting closer "C'mon Red, we're not done-Argh!" I poked my head out and saw that Oscar had decided to join the fight and had managed to make a graceful entrance. And by 'Graceful Entrance' I mean he landed on Torchwick's head knocking him down to the floor.

I snorted trying not to laugh, Os, on the other hand, was nowhere near amused as he rolled out of the way. "Leave.Her.Alone." I've only ever heard Oscar this mad whenever someone has tried to threaten me.

The remaining airships had now landed and about 40-45 White-Fang members came out. Eight surrounded Oscar and Torchwick chuckled "You are not the brightest bulb in the shed, are ya kid?" the Faunus charged but I knew Os could hold his own. He attacked and dodged a few times, and even laughed once until Torchwick approached him personally.

Before any of them could do a move I cut in front of Oscar and went for Torchwick shouting "He's mine!" We fought and I could see from the corner of my eye Oscar, Mercury, and Emerald fighting the remaining of the White-Fang members.

Once Oscar was done with his share of enemies, he came back to my side and we gained the upper hand on Torchwick. That was until he pointed his Cane above us, I didn't know what he was doing at first but then I realized there was a crate hanging above us, well not for much longer. We managed to dodge but in the process of rolling out of the way, Oscar was left defenseless and Torchwick used this Opportunity to point the gun part of his Cane at him.

Nobody moved. Everyone was silent until-

"WOHOOOO!" we looked to our right and cracked a smile. Nora came barreling down from on top of a building, enhanced her strength with her electric sticks, and punched about 5 Faunus to the curve, in a matter of seconds. Neo leaped down quietly on her umbrella while Ren was already on the ground, no one seeing where he came from.

"Seriously? More children?" Torchwick didn't have time to say anything else since Nora came charging and in the blink of an eye, had punched Torckwick to the other side of the docks.

"That's for not inviting us earlier" I laughed and got my gun in Scythe form. We fought our way through the rest of the White-Fang members until the airships went airborne and hooked themselves up, each with a Dust Crate.

"Don't let them take the Dust!" I shouted, everyone immediately got to work. Oscar, Neo, and Nora were keeping the rest of the men at bay and taking care of anyone who tried to flee. Mercury, Ren and I were shooting at the airships but it wasn't working our firepower was too little.

"This isn't working!" I shouted, stating the obvious as the ships started ascending, luckily they were moving way slower thanks to the giant Dust Crates they were pulling up. Suddenly I got an idea "Aim at the strings!" I shouted. Ren and Mercury seemed to understand me and started shooting at the thick, metal strings that were holding the Crates. Once they snapped and the Crates fell to the floor, Emerald sprung from the top of a building and lashed out her strings onto the airships' tail rotor, causing them to crash. Luckily Em got out of the way before she could get hurt.

Unfortunately, unbeknownst to us, Torchwick had gotten himself onto an airship just in time to flee the scene. Before leaving he shut the aircraft's door and murmured to himself "These kids just keep getting weirder!"

***
We returned to Beacon after calling the police and explaining everything to them. Well, almost everything. We just casually forgot to mention that we were stalking the Shipment and not just passing by.

After getting lectured by Ms.Goodwitch on how 'You shouldn't just randomly engage in a fight' and that 'We are students at Beacon Academy, we should think of the school's reputation' and all that, we went straight to our dorm and collapsed on our beds. Team NNR like many nights joined us and we had a mini sleepover with small pillow fights that ended in full out war and talking 'till we fell asleep. 

We all slept peacefully that night, and even though we stopped the most wanted Criminal in Vale, we didn't know that he was just a Pawn....and that the Queen was about to strike.
***
Earlier that same Day: 3person's P.O.V

It was midday in the city of Vale, everyone was on about their day and walking around the corner was a student from Heaven. Or so it looked. The girl walked down the street and into a shop. She entered the dimly lit bookstore and read the sign above just to make sure she was in the right place, she smiled when she saw she was. 

She went up to the front and rang the bell on the counter. From the back of the store came a muffled "Be right there!" she waited patiently until a middle-aged man came out of the door. He was looking the other way and carrying two enormous stacks of books in each hand.

"Welcome to Tukson's book Trade! Home to every book under the sun." he put down the books and turned around. Tukson had black hair and yellow eyes, he wore a red t-shirt and had a look of surprise on his face.

"How may...uh..." he looked at the woman in front of him and paused for a moment. She flashed him a friendly smile, assuring she came in peace "How may I help you?" he finally choked out. Cinder turned around and walked around, pretending to inspect the bookshelves. She started making small talk with him and asking about which books he had, never offering to buy one though.

After a minute or two, she decided to pick up the pace, after all, a customer might walk in any second. So she finally asked, "Do you have the Third Crusade?" Tukson paused, a man had bought the last copy that morning "Um...no ma'am I'm sorry I don't believe we carry that one" he said, not wanting to disappoint his customers.

"Oh really?" the woman asked. Tukson tensed as he felt an ominous aura radiating off of her. Cinder hummed "What was the name of this place again?" she asked "Tuksons book trade: Home to every book under the sun".

"Except the Third Crusade," stated Cinder. Tukson sighed "It's just a catchphrase" Cinder glared at him "You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson". She spat out. She walked out to the front and slowly started to close the blinds of the store "I hear you're planning on leaving" she closed the first set of blinds "Moving all the way to Vacuo." she closed the second set of blinds "Your brothers in the White Fang wouldn't be happy to hear that, and neither am I" the third and last set of blinds were closed. It was almost pitch black in the store, only the light of the backroom shone.

"You know who I am, don't you?" she asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yes"

"And, you know why I am here?"

"...Yes."

"So...are you going to fight back?" there was a pause "...YES!" and with that, Tukson bared his claws and pounced. Cinder smirked, barely having to move a finger to get the job done.

***

The current Fall maiden walked towards the not-so-abandoned warehouse feeling the urge to slice someone's throat. As she was getting closer she heard his stupid voice booming at some underlings "Look here you little punk, if it were up to me to lead this operation I'd-"

"-You'd what, Roman?" asked a toneless cold voice. The most wanted of Vale tensed and turned around laughing nervously "Ah! Cinder...what a lovely surprise" she glared at him.

"I thought I made it clear that you were to eliminate the would-be runaway" she snarled. "I was going to-" he started "-He was going to escape to Vacuo" Cinder finished. She sighed in irritation "Why wasn't this job done sooner?" she demanded.

After Romans lame excuses on how he was too busy 'Stealing every speck of Dust in the city' Cinder sighed "We're done with Dust" she said coldly.

"Okay. Then what now?" asked Torchwick. Cinder started to walk away "We're moving. Have the White Fang clear out this building. I'll send you details and coordinates tonight." Roman was confused by this "Coordinates?". Cinder smirked, happy that he had asked, she turned to look at him.

"We're proceeding to phase two."

***

The next day:

The Atlas air fleet circled around the grounds of Beacon, students from all the four kingdoms walked around campus, excited for the upcoming matches. Meanwhile, up in Beacon tower, Professor Ozpin looked out the window while his second in command, Glynda Goodwitch paced around the room "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels" she said while glaring at the Atlesian ships.

"Well, running an Academy and the military makes him a busy man...but yes those are a bit of an eyesore" admitted the headmaster. Just then there was a knock on the door "Come in" said Ozpin, and in came General Ironwood himself.

"Ozpin!" he greeted "Hello, General" greeted Ozpin back. "Please, drop the formalities," asked Ironwood. He turned to look at Glynda "Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met." he said. 

"Oh James..." she started, pretending to be interested "..I'll be outside" she whispered to Ozpin, making sure the General heard. "Well, she hasn't changed a bit" stated Ironwood.

Once she left the room, the two men started talking. "So, what in the world has brought you here James?" the Headmaster offered him a cup of coffee, which he gladly took.

"I thought this might've been a good opportunity to...catch up," he said. Ozpin laughed "I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends...However, the small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned." the General sighed and took a seat. 

"Ozpin, I'm afraid I don't come bearing good news..." this got the silver-haired Huntsmen on the edge of his seat. "What do you mean?..." Ironwood sighed "The Fall maiden..." Ozpin cringed, that name did not bring good memories. Not so long ago a woman was found experimenting with Grimm, nothing is known about her, other than the fact that she found a Grimm virus, capable of transferring the maiden powers to another user, forcefully.

She conducted this experiment with the last Fall maiden, Amber, and succeded. After that, she went after team STRQ and...Ozpin shook his head, not wanting to think of the deaths of his friends. If only Qrow were still alive, he'd be in this room next to them.

"What about her?" he asked, "She's here." Ozpin nearly dropped his Mug. "How? How do you know?" Ironwood looked to the side "My informants, a few Huntsmen died bringing this information to me" silence. Ozpin sighed and dug his head in-between his hands "I think I might know why...".

Ironwood looked up "Why? Oz do you know why she's here?" he asked rapidly. He nodded "Do you remember Summer?" I Ironwood raised an eyebrow "Yes..."

"Do you...remember her and Qrow's little girl?" again the General nodded "Yes, I never met her, but she died with Summer when she was barely a few months old" he stated. Ozpin slowly shook his head and Ironwood's eyes widened "Ozpin, what are you trying to tell me?"

"A few months ago, at the start of the year, seven kids came by to the entrance exams...they were all exceptional, some of the best fighters this year and one of them was a girl, who fought with a Scythe, just like Qrows...." the tension in the room was so thick, you could've cut it with a knife.

"Ozpin that doesn't prove anything-"

"At initiation, she and one of the boys used the Mockingbird technique of team STRQ"

"A coincidence," said Ironwood, trying to convince himself more than anyone.

"I still have strong reasons to believe she is Summer and Qrows kid"

"What makes you believe that?"

".....She has Silver eyes."

(A/N: Boy! I just gave myself chills with this chapter! Woohoo, the plot is starting to unfold....now, now I know this story is turning out a bit long but I promise it's gonna be worth it, and Yes to clear out any confusion All of team STRQ is dead. This is why Yang doesn't exist in this universe, Raven was pregnant when she died. And yes I know Yang was the older one so she should've been born before Ruby but I'm changing it for the sake of the plot, well stay tunned readers next up comes the tournament and then, the dance!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 39 175
This is my first attempt at writing a story set in the RWBY universe, so basically it will revolve around Neo who takes in an orphaned child, the chi...
5.3K 79 53
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
18.7K 302 28
RWBY and all associated characters are owned by Rooster Teeth. The fate that befell Summer Rose is unknown, and left to one's imagination. But what i...
367K 4.4K 75
Your Name is Y/N L/N. You didn't know who you're parents are. Ozpin invited you to join Beacon academy to become a hunter. Or isn't? Deep inside, the...