Let Live (An Austin Carlile L...

By jhawkgrl2003

"Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. T... More

Let Live (An Austin Carlile Love Story)
Putting Two and Two Together
Here We Go Again
A Change Will Come
One of the Boys
How Could this Happen to Me?
One Man Drinking Games
Life in the Pain
Hanging On By a Thread
When I'm With You
A Day to Be Alone
I'm Gonna Make a Comeback
Something to Believe In
When You Look Me In the Eyes
Hear You Me
This Is My Life
Unstable
I'll Keep This Feeling In My Heart
I'm Gonna Hate to See You Go
Let Love Bleed Red
I'd Like to Be My Old Self Again, but I'm Still Trying to Find It
I Can't Imagine Being Anywhere Else but Here
Have I Ever Told You How Much You Mean to Me?
How Do You Love Someone Without Getting Hurt?
Just Gonna Stand There and Watch Me Burn...
...But That's Alright Because I Love the Way You Lie
The Lucky One
I Feel It In My Bones
Happy
Dream Big Darling
Tell Me What It Is You Want Me to Say
Six Degrees of Separation
Nobody Said It Was Easy
Who Are You Now?
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
Back To Me
Just a Fool For You
It Burns Red Like It's Not Over
No One Does It Better
You Still Have All of My Heart
Feeling a Moment
Radioactive
All I Want For Christmas Is You
This Moment Now
Re-Upload of Chapter 46 (I'm Not Perfect...)
What If My Stars Fell From the Sky?
It's Just Me and the Dark, Alone Here With My Heart
Not Much Here Outweighs the Pain
I Do Not Wanna Die Inside Just to Breathe In
Nothing Goes As Planned, Everything Will Break
What Do You Want From Me?
I'll Do Whatever It Takes
All That Matters
They Said a Storm Was Coming
Epilogue

Don't Go

35.8K 539 186
By jhawkgrl2003

Okay, this is the last of the chapters that I had prewritten so I won't be updating with 3 chapters everyday! But I'll try to update often! Enjoy :)

Tyler's P.O.V:

I started to stir out of my drunken sleep. I moved around a little, wondering why I couldn’t seem to move much. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me, squeezing me tight. My mind was racing, and as I slowly pried one eye open my heart began to race. I was still on the loveseat, where I surprisingly remember passing out, and lying next to me, his arms holding me against his warm body, his face buried in my neck, was Austin Carlile.

I took in a sharp breath and started to freak out a little. Why was he here? What exactly happened last night? I didn’t have much time to rack my brain for answers before my stomach started to grumble, and I knew what was coming next. I pulled myself from Austin’s grasp, though that was the last thing I honestly wanted to do, and climbed over him, sprinting to the nearest bathroom. I made it just in time before I started to throw up the alcohol from last night. After I finished I still felt really sick but my stomach was empty with nothing else to dispose of. I dug through the cabinets and found a new toothbrush, opening the package quickly and brushing my teeth, ridding my mouth of the fowl taste. I fixed my hair as best as possible and walked back out into the living room. Austin was sitting up on the loveseat rubbing his beautiful face with his hands. He smiled a little when he noticed me.

“Good morning,” he said, his voice still coated in sleep and extremely sexy. I smiled as best as I could considering my head felt like it had been run over by a train.

“Hi,” I mumbled as I walked back over to the loveseat. I took a seat next to Austin, pulled my knees up to my chest, and wrapped my arms around my legs, resting my forehead on my knees. The events of last night were flooding back in rapidly: the drinking, the dancing, the stupid comments, talking to Austin about Kody, falling asleep in his arms.

“You okay?” he asked sweetly as his hand moved to my back, rubbing soft circles through my shirt.

“No,” I practically whispered. Austin was quiet for a while.

“Tyler, I’m, uh sorry about, uh, falling asleep with you. I didn’t mean to I swear it just happened and-“ he paused when I jerked my head up to look at him.

“Austin, it’s okay,” I smiled at him a little. “I’m actually glad you did. I needed a friend,” I trailed off as my eyes met his. That wasn't exactly true; I didn't need a friend....I needed him. As I gazed into his eyes I felt it again, that “force” between us; it was like I couldn’t look away. I could’ve sworn I saw his eyes travel down to my lips, returning to my eyes quickly.

“Well….how did you two sleep last night?” I looked up to see Alan walking in from the kitchen, a smirk playing at his lips, his eyebrows raised suspiciously. Austin rubbed the back of his neck obviously uncomfortable. My eyes were burning holes in Alan, angry about his rude interruption. Alan continued to smirk at me as he walked over and handed me some Advil and a cup of black coffee.

“Where’s Josh?” I asked after I popped the pills and took a big drink of the coffee.

“He never came home. He called at like 12:30 and said he was staying with Lydia, so we decided to stay here with you. Well, I didn’t really have a choice seeing as you two were passed out by the time I got back from the drug store,” Alan said, giving me a small smile. Of course Josh didn’t come home. I loved Lydia, don't get me wrong: she was really nice and great for my brother, but ever since he started dating her, Josh seemed to spend almost every night with her, and almost all of his free time.

“Of course,” I whispered as I got up from the couch and walked off to my room. I glanced at the clock and groaned: I had class in one hour. School was the last thing I wanted to think about. My head was pounding, my eyes didn’t want to stay open, and my stomach was churning, threatening to empty itself again, but I had to go. I didn’t need to fall farther behind than I already was.

I put on a pair of sweatpants and tshirt. I threw a beanie on over my messy hair and put my glasses back on my face before grabbing my books and shuffling out of my room. I was feeling pretty dizzy by the time I made it back to the living room. Austin and Alan were talking quietly on the couch, and they stopped when they saw me standing there.

“Will one of you please drive me to school? I don’t think I can drive right now,” I asked as I grabbed onto the wall to steady myself.

“I don’t think you should be going anywhere right now, Ty. You don’t look so good,” Alan responded giving me a concerned look.

“I have to go, Alan. I can’t just blow off school,” I paused for a while. “Austin, will you drive me then?” He glanced over at Alan before looking at me, his eyes full of worry. “If not I’ll just end up driving myself,” I stated. Austin shrugged his shoulders and shook his head before standing up.

“Yeah, okay. Let’s go,” he said as he grabbed my keys off of the table where Alan had left them last night.

“Be careful, Ty,” I heard Alan yell after me as I made my way out the door. I threw my hand up and waved at him as I walked out into the cool, Los Angeles morning, and made my way to the car. Austin unlocked it and I opened the door, sitting in the passenger seat. Austin got in the driver’s side, starting the car and backing slowly out of the driveway. I leaned my head against the side of the door and pulled my phone out. I felt tears welling at my eyes as I saw the picture of Kody and I that still occupied my background. I tossed the phone into my bag hard, and shut my eyes tight trying to stop the tears.

“Hey, Tyler, what’s wrong?” I heard Austin ask quietly. He reached out and grabbed my hand with his. I sat up and looked at him. He looked at me sadly as he realized what I was crying about. He directed his attention back to the road, but he intertwined his fingers with mine, rubbing circles in the palm of my hand.

"So.....about last night," Austin said as I saw a smile form on his lips. I shook my head.

"No......don't talk. I don't even want to know what I said or did last night. It's better that last night remains mostly a mystery that way I can't be embarrassed over the stupid things that came out of my drunk mouth," I bit my lip and smiled, rolling my eyes at myself. Austin laughed a little, and then we both were silent for a while as he focused his attention on the road.

“Turn right up here,” I piped up, directing Austin to my school since he had no idea where I even went. After ten more minutes of silence we reached the school.

“The Art Institute of California?” he questioned as he pulled up in front of the massive campus. I smiled a little and shook my head, his hand still clutching mine tightly.

“Thank you for the ride. I’ll get my brother to come pick me up later,” I said as I turned to look at him.

“Don’t be silly. I’ll come get you when you’re done. What time should I be here, my lady?” he asked as he smiled widely at me. I began to protest but I stopped myself because honestly I wanted him to come pick me up.

“Um, I should be done by 2,” I said quietly.

“Okay, I’ll be right here at 2. If you need anything before hand call me, okay?” I squeezed his hand in response before opening my car door and getting out. I shut the door and waved at Austin as he drove away. Even after everything that had happened I couldn’t help but smile when I was near him. There was something about him that I couldn’t resist.

---------

My classes seemed to drag on even more than normal; I was excited to know that Austin was going to be there when I was done, but I was being tortured by the monotony of my classes. When 2 o’clock rolled around I couldn’t wait to leave. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and I pulled it out; it was a text from Austin.

Austin: So Sorry!! Running a few minutes behind! I’m speeding!!! I’ll be there soon!

I smiled and sat on a bench out front to wait for him. I began to put my phone back in my bag when it started to ring. This time I wasn’t so happy to see the caller ID. It was Kody.

“What?” I asked harshly as I answered the phone. He had been calling all day and I needed to put it to an end.

“Tyler, I’m glad you answered. Listen to me we need to talk. Please, I’m begging you. I love you so much.” Kody stammered through the phone.

“Well, you sure have a great way of showing it. I’m leaving school now and I’m coming over to get my stuff. I’ll give you 5 minutes while I’m getting my things and then I don’t ever want to talk to you again. Got it?” I kept my voice angry though all I really wanted to do was breakdown and cry. He quietly mumbled in acknowledgment before I saw Austin speed through the parking lot. I hung up the phone and stood up as he got out of a car that I did not recognize.

“I am so sorry, Ty! I went home and my manager called and wouldn’t quit talking about work stuff and-“ I cut him off as I walked up to him and hugged him quickly before walking to the door.

“Austin it’s okay,” I got into his car and he made his way over the driver’s side and got in. I looked at him and he eyed me questioningly. “Would you, um, mind doing me a favor?” I asked quickly and quietly. He shook his head and I continued. “Will you drive me to Kody’s so I can get my stuff? I only need 5 minutes….” I trailed off. His demeanor changed; he looked angry. “I mean if you have somewhere to be its fine I can go later.”

“No. I’ll take you it’s no problem.” He directed his gaze towards the road. We drove in silence the rest of the way except for me telling him how to get to the apartment complex. As we parked I felt tears stinging at my eyes. He grabbed my face with his hands. “Are you going to be okay?” I took a deep breath and choked the tears back as I shook my head. I got out of the car; it was chilly now and it was starting to rain a little. I jogged up the stairs to the door and knocked loudly, wrapping my arms around myself as I waited for him to answer the door.

“Tyler, I’m so glad you’re here. I missed you so much,” Kody stuttered as he opened the door. He reeked of alcohol, and I shoved past him into the apartment as he closed the door behind us.

“Why are you drunk in the middle of the day?” I questioned angrily as I walked to his bedroom to get the few things that I had left over here.

“I just miss you so much. I screwed up big time, and I know that, but I love you. And I know you love me too,” he responded as he followed me. I opened his drawers and pulled out some of the clothes I had left here. I grabbed some of my albums and books that he had before making my way back to the living room, Kody right on my heels.

“You’re right, Kody. I do love you. But I deserve better than you. I’m not going to stay with someone who cheats on me. I won’t be that person,” I felt the tears coming but I tried to hide them. He walked to me swiftly and kissed me. “Stop, Kody, get off. We’re done. I told you that,” I tried to push him away, but he was stronger than me and he pulled me against him, shoving his tongue down my throat. I squirmed in his grasp. "Get off of me!" I yelled as loudly as I could. Suddenly, Kody's demeanor changed, his eyes flickering from sadness and guilty to anger. He tightened his grip on me until I was cringing in pain.

“Don’t talk to me like that. You don’t deserve better than me. You’re a little bitch who expects everyone to fawn over her. In reality you’re nothing. I don’t know why I even dated you in the first place,” Kody yelled in my face. I pushed him as hard as I could away from me and tried to get to the door, but he grabbed my wrist and threw me against the wall, my head hitting the plaster wall hard before I fell to the ground.The impact of my head hitting the wall made me dizzy, and I was in a lot of pain. Kody leaned over me, grabbing my arm as hard as he could. “I didn’t give you permission to leave.”

He reared his fist back and hit my face hard; I shrieked in pain. He pulled his fist back once again and I prepared myself for another blow that never came. Instead I saw Kody fall to the floor as someone jumped on him, beating him senseless. My head was pounding and I couldn’t focus my vision on who had interveined. I closed my eyes and laid my head back, trying to keep myself calm. After what seemed like an eternity the noise around me came to a halt and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, picking me up off the ground. I opened my eyes to see Austin carrying me quickly out of the apartment and down the stairs back to the car.

The adrenaline was flooding my system, keeping the pain at bay for the time being. I was stunned at what had just happened, and I couldn't seem to think straight. Austin opened the car door and sat me in the passenger seat slowly. I opened my eyes and looked at him as he gently ran his thumb over the bruise that was forming on my face. I winced a little and he gave me an apologetic look. His eyes were sad and angry, his body tense. He just stared at me for a while, neither of us saying anything.

"I'm going to take you to the hospital," Austin finally said as he made his way to the drivers seat.

"No! No, I'm not going. Just take me home, I'll be okay," I said, remaining adament about not going to the ER....that was the last thing I needed right now. Austin stared at me for a while before sighing in defeat. He grabbed my hand, squeezing hard as he drove back to my house, the only sound audible was the rain pelting the car. My face was starting to hurt, but I didn't know what to feel; I wanted to scream and yell and cry, but I couldn't. My phone started to buzz in my bag and I pulled it out, wincing at the sudden movement. I could see Austin glance worridly over at me.I read the text message.

Josh: Hey sis. Sorry I didn't come home last night.....you were in good hands though, I hear ;) Anyway, Lydia and I are going to San Diego for the weekend......I'll be back sometime on Monday. Enjoy having the house to youself....but no more vodka.....Love you sissy.

I set my phone back in my bag, not bothering to respond. The tears were threatening to pour out now; I was going to be all alone. No one cared about me....no one at all. The adrenaline was fading from my system and the pain was almost too much to bear. We arrived at my house a short time later, Josh's car already gone. Austin rushed over to my side of the car and picked me up, carrying me to the house. He dug for my house key and let us in, taking me immediately to my bedroom. He laid me down on my bed, and as he did I broke down hysterically.

"Tyler. I'm so so sorry," he whispered as he kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him close as he stood next to my bed. He started to pull away after a while.

"Please, Austin. Don't go," I whispered quietly. He looked me in my eyes and I basically pleaded with him. He closed his eyes momentarily and shook his head before taking his shoes off and climbing into my bed next to me. He laid there for a while on the other side, not saying anything. I took a chance and moved next to him. He looked down at me before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him. I laid my head on his chest as my crying subsided to sobs; I felt safe in his arms.He had saved me.

It was at that moment that I realized I was falling in love with Austin Carlile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 21.8K 39
And it began with that one night. One night that changed everything. One night that changed all equations. One night that broke all relations. One ni...
10.3K 209 17
Once upon a time...I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye... She never thought an innocent crush could ruin her life... Ever since Nick br...
3.2K 444 45
You were my First Love; toxic, unhealthy for my state. But i learned Love from you; you taught me what it meant to spend nights crying at the edge...
119K 5.4K 35
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...