Love Comes To Many In Strange...

By LadyBrandon23

A Lucas North Story that has been floating on my computer for a while. It Is not the piece I am currently Wor... More

Chapter One: Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts
Chapter Two- White Blank Page
Chapter Four: Arise
Chapter Five: I know You Want Me...
Chapter Six: Time to open up to her
Chapter Seven: Need You Now
Chapter Eight: Better Than Love.
Chapter Nine: Lazy Song
Chapter Ten: I was a mess you see. (Give the Strength to me)
Chapter Eleven: I hurt You But I Am Trying To Protect You.
Chapter Twelve: Unspoken
Chapter Thirteen: She Is The Sunlight
Chapter Fourteen How To Save A Life...
Chapter Fifteen: Gave you all...
Chapter Sixteen: Last Night Last
Chapter Seventeen: Learn You Inside Out.
Chapter Eighteen: I May Not Have The Softest Touch...

Chapter Three : Science and Faith

1.1K 9 1
By LadyBrandon23

Chapter Three: Science And Faith

Hayley banged her head against the desk, today was a day when she honestly was thinking what is the point of being a teacher because no matter what you said or did the kids were throwing it back in your face, and it was only Tuesday. She sighed as she sat at her desk during her free. She got her phone out and dialled the only person she wanted to speak to, Lucas. The phone rang for a good few minutes, Hayley was about to hang up when she heard Lucas answer, he sounded like he had just woken up she looked at the clock it was one o'clock.

'Hayley'

'I am sorry I didn't mean to wake you' Hayley said.

'I left work late last night I was catching up on sleep, but not to worry' Lucas said, 'what's the matter?'

'I just wanted to talk but you should get back to sleep, I will phone you later' Hayley hung up before he could reply.

LNLNLN

Lucas was sleeping he had been working late at the Grid, another disaster another day, when he got home last night he was at the point of exhaustion. He was not aware of the time until he heard his phone buzzing on his bedside table. He squinted allowing his eyes to focus; he saw it was Hayley what time was it? He looked at the clock one o'clock in the afternoon, Shit this was very unlike him.

'Hayley'

'I am sorry I didn't mean to wake you' Hayley replied down the phone.

'I left work late last night I was catching up on sleep, but not to worry' Lucas was happy to hear her voice, it seemed to calm him. 'What's the matter?' Lucas found himself imagining all of the things that could have happened.

'I just wanted to talk but you should go back to sleep, I will phone you later'

'Hay...' But she had already hung up on him. Like he was going to be able to go back to sleep now, she would not ring him during her school day unless something had happened she was a stickler for not texting and ringing during her work hours she had a go at Lucas only last week when he had rung her completely forgetting that she would have been teaching.

He now knew she had a temper on her when she was angry, he could still hear the words ringing in his head.

Last week

Lucas sat at his desk, it had been three days since he last saw Hayley and he hadn't text her since Sunday it was now Monday afternoon. He decided he needed to hear her voice. He dialled her number. She didn't reply, oh bollocks she would have a class now.

At three thirty on the dot she phoned him back.

'Lucas I was teaching, you shouldn't ring me when I am at school'

'I am sorry I honestly forgot'

'Well don't forget, I forgot to put my phone on silence and had to explain to a bunch of year tens why Miss' phone was going off in the middle of us reading world war fucking two poetry, I have never been so embarrassed in my life'

Lucas would have the phone so it was not really his fault it was because she had not put her phone on silence but Lucas could tell by her tone, she was not in the mood for him to take the piss.

'Look Hayley, I am sorry. I truly forgot, I am not used to working to a schedule of a school teacher'

'Just try and get used to it' she snapped and hung up.

Okay Lucas knew he was in the bad books now. He thought about what he could do to make it up to her; he decided he would visit the local florists and get them to deliver a big bunch of flowers to her flat.

'Would you like to put a message on the flowers?'

Lucas nodded he wrote on the card Hayley I'm truly sorry forgive me? L xx

When Hayley got home she was surprised to see a bunch of flowers on her doorstep, she read the note, it was from Lucas, she opened up her flat door putting the flowers in a vase, and she got out her phone and called Lucas.

LNLNLN

Three thirty was coming far too slowly for Hayley, this last lesson with her Year 7 was dragging although they were a nice lot, far too scared to say boo to a goose at the moment, she knew that this was only going to last for a couple more weeks and that would be changed they would have found their feet and would become little monsters. Finally the bell rang and to her relief the day was over. She sat at her desk, and sat back. She just wanted to cry. You had days like this when you were a teacher when you couldn't help but to cry. However it did not make it easier when you had those days. She was surprised when she noticed someone was sitting on one of the desks. She looked up, god this was a good impression to a student there teacher crying her eyes out. Talk about showing your weakness she would never be able to work at the school again. She blinked her eyes about to make some sort of excuse to the student to why she was crying but it was not a student.

Lucas told the receptionist he was going through to see Hayley, when he got to her classroom, she had not heard him come in, she was crying, okay something really bad had happened, Lucas first instinct was to gather her in his arms but he knew that was not something that would help, she needed to let this out first. He sat on one of the tables silently. It took her ages to look up, he saw the look in her eyes when she did, and they were red and puffy.

'Lucas?' Hayley said, 'What are you doing here?'

'You had me worried when you phoned earlier' Lucas said, 'I couldn't go back to sleep'

He moved closer to her, and wrapped his arms around her as she moved to get up; she leant into him and just sobbed. 'What happened Hales?'

'I had one of those days when no matter what I did nothing went right it's the worst day when you are a teacher because you can see it all going wrong and there is nothing you can do' Hayley looked up and looked into his eyes.

He soothed her pulling her closer and stroking her hair, 'Hayley, it is not your fault what did I tell you, don't let them get to you, they are not worth it'

'I know, but sometimes I just can't help it' Hayley mumbled. 'I'm sorry you don't need my drama'

'Hey your drama is partly my drama, I don't like to think you upset' Lucas smiled.

'Well you must think I am a drama queen, all I seem to do is complain about my job'

'It's because you care about your job' Lucas said touching her cheek, 'and everyone is entitled to complain'

Hayley smiled, 'Thank you for coming to visit me'

'As I said you had me worried, especially since you rang during school hours' Lucas smiled.

'Yeah wasn't good at keeping my own rules was I?' Hayley laughed.

'I knew it was serious when you did that especially after last week when I phoned you'

'I just wanted to hear your voice for you to tell me it was okay and that I don't suck at being a teacher'

'Hayley, you don't suck at being a teacher. And it will get better' he said. 'Trust me I am a spy'

'Isn't the line trust me I am a doctor?' Hayley laughed.

'I like to improvise' Lucas grinned, 'you okay now?'

'Yes much better' Hayley nodded. She watched as Lucas grabbed her bag, 'where are we going?'

'I am taking you away from this place you are going to lock up the classroom and leave whatever is upsetting you here and tonight you are going to do no marking no planning and just relax, that means No taking work home' Lucas smiled.

'What are you going to do to make sure I take work home with me?' Hayley smiled.

'Well, I am going to take you out tonight for dinner again, I am paying this time though'

'You paid last week' Hayley protested, 'It's my turn'

'No Hayley, Let me get this one, you can get the next meal'

'Is this your devious plan, Spy man to keep buying me dinner and say you will let me pay the next one so that I will keep going out to dinner with you'

'You've cracked it that is exactly my plan' Lucas beamed.

'See nothing gets past me' Hayley laughed.

'I can see that' Lucas agreed, he ushered her out of the classroom, 'Come on'

Hayley shouted night to Andy as she was ushered out of the classroom, 'Night Hayley' Andy shouted.

LNLNLN

Lucas waited until they were in the car. He looked at her when they pulled into her flat. He held the door open and walked with her to her door. Hayley juggled for her keys signalling for him to sit down and she would put the kettle on. She came back about ten minutes later and handed him a coffee, Black with no sugar.

'Is Andy still giving you trouble?'

'I think he is thinking he is being helpful, I am a lot younger than the other teachers in my department and I think he thinks because I am newly qualified teacher  he should take me under his wing, I don't'

'I know you don't' Lucas smiled.

'It's not his fault really, he must have seen my signals as something different and I did tell him before that night at the bar that I was single'

'How were you single? I mean you are...'

'I am?' Hayley smiled raising an eyebrow.

'Nothing' Lucas blushed. This was the first time a woman had ever made him blush he was going to say beautiful but since they were moving at a very slow rate in this relationship he did not want to say that.

'I had a bad break up, about three months before I moved to London, the bloke I was seeing was well I thought the man I was going to marry. I thought he loved me that was until I found out that he was seeing someone behind my back and had been for a year, while I had been busy training being a teacher finishing my PGCE he was sleeping with another woman. He seemed to think it was my fault that this had happened if I wasn't working so hard learning to do something that I love to do. He told me I was too involved'

Lucas watched her. He saw the pain was still raw for her, but it wasn't when she was talking about him, it was about what he said to her while she was in training to become a teacher. 'He was holding you back?'

'He blamed me for the break up; I had an interview for this school a few weeks before as well as another school which was closer to where I am from, I was offered a job for both. But when I found out he cheated on me, I went straight to the school where I am working now and accepted them. Telling him I was moving to London because at least there they believed I was making a difference'

'Well I am glad you came to London, I wouldn't have met you if you hadn't' Lucas smiled.

'Well glad I make a difference somewhere' Hayley grinned, 'I'd better get out of these clothes if you are going to take me out'

'Hayley you look fine'

'No these are my work clothes; let me throw on my boots and my jeans. I won't be a moment'

Lucas sat and waited she was gone exactly 5 minutes and 15 seconds, Lucas counted. When she came back from her bedroom, he breathed slightly when he saw her, she was wearing jeans, some really nice boots and a blouse which hugged all of her curves, Lucas gulped.

'So Mr Spy is this presentable for you?' Hayley smiled.

'Yes, I think you are' Lucas smiled slowly, 'Come on dinner time'

LNLNLN

Lucas pulled up outside the restaurant smiling. He looked to Hayley opening the door.

'Wow, so you booked a table?'

'No but Robert and Clare Casey did'

'Care to explain?'

'It is our anniversary, and we wanted the most expensive table'

'But I am not wearing a wedding ring'

Lucas smiled, 'I always come prepared' he slipped a ring on her finger and then his, 'Now we are married'

'Oh and we didn't even have a ceremony' Hayley laughed.

'I am sorry we have to do this, but sometimes it is easier'

'Its fine, it rather fun anyway' Hayley smiled.

Lucas smiled, and took her hand and taking her to the hand and leading her to the table. Hayley suddenly felt very under dressed, she should have put on her 'best clothes' and not her jeans.

'You look lovely' Lucas smiled, 'stop worrying'

Hayley looked to him, 'How did you know I was thinking that?'

'Because you had that look on your face like I shouldn't be here'

'I shouldn't though should I?'

'Darling, you are my wife of course you should be here, it's our anniversary, Let me treat you tonight' Lucas took her hand and squeezed it. 'Just follow my lead'

Hayley touched his knee and began to move her hand up his trousers, Lucas looked at her surprised but he grinned, 'Thank you Love, you have been too kind to me tonight'

'Well I hope you will be kind for me later tonight' Lucas replied grinning at her.

'Well that depends doesn't it' Hayley smiled seductively, taking her hand from his leg and brushing her hair away from her face.

'On what?' Lucas raised an eyebrow.

'Well what you brought me' Hayley teased.

The waiters thought it was rather funny waiting on the two of them; they were taking bets whether they were really married, as they could not seem to keep their hands off each other. If they were married their relationship must be a good one as each time they came to give them another part of their course, one would remove a hand from another.

Lucas and Hayley saw this as a game about how far they could push the other by making the other one blush. Lucas found it exhilarating in a way he had not done so in a long time, he was just messing about with a woman that he liked. The end of the meal Hayley attempted to put some money into Lucas pocket. Lucas shook his head and paid with a card.

LNLNLN

Lucas smiled to Hayley as they got back into the car, he leaned over and brushed a hair from her face, realising how close he was to her he wanted to kiss her, he moved and brushed his lips against her, he was surprised when she began to kiss him back. It was not until his phone started buzzing that he reluctantly broke away from her, smiling but somewhat annoyed that his phone was going off.

'Forgive me, I should get this'

Hayley nodded. She was attempting to catch her breath, she was not expecting him to kiss her, and for her to want to kiss him back, they had been having such a good time together what if now they have crossed a line what if he was not ready to cross it.

'Hello' Lucas said down the phone, he rested his hand on Hayley's knee. 'Harry?'

Hayley's ears picked up, Harry was Lucas' boss she knew that he had told her a little about him, usually if he had a hard day and how he was sure Harry did not trust him.

'You want me to come in now, I have Miss Tanner with me' Lucas said, he stopped and listened, 'Okay I will bring her with me' he clicked the phone down.

'Everything Alright Lucas?' Hayley looked at him.

'I have been called into work, I have to take you in with me, it's not because you are involved it's just they want me in ASAP' Lucas smiled, 'Seems you are about to come to my workplace'

Hayley looked nervous, 'I suppose I am'

Lucas took his hand and placed it in hers and kissed her lips, 'Don't be nervous, I will make sure you are protected'

Hayley breathed, she still could not help but feel nervous, he was taking her to his place of work where he was a spy how on earth she could not be nervous was beyond Hayley.

Lucas pulled up in Thames House car park; he went and opened the door for Hayley, 'Relax it's going to be okay'

'Says the person who carries a gun' Hayley said.

'You deal with a class of 20 without a gun, my team aren't that scary' Lucas smiled, he took her hand, 'come on'

As soon as they walked onto the Grid, Lucas changed, Hayley noticed it straight away, his smile vanished and she wondered whether the team ever saw the side of Lucas she did.

'Harry' Lucas said as he walked through, he turned to Hayley and winked, 'I am going to leave you here for a while, I think I need to be in a meeting with Harry, but I will try and be as quick as I can'

Hayley nodded and smiled, she sat down on a chair where she guessed was Lucas' it seemed to be. She did not realise that someone was hovering by her, she looked up.

'You must be Hayley, I'm Beth' Beth stuck out her hand, Hayley noticed her short blonde hair but she seemed to have a kind face, however something about Beth Hayley could not place it. However, it did not make Hayley feel nervous.

'Nice to meet you Beth' Hayley smiled.

'It's good to meet you too, so you and Lucas?'

'Lucas and I are mine and Lucas' business.'

'I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend you' Beth smiled her short blonde hair tied up in a ponytail.

'It's not a problem; sorry I am just tired it's been a long day'

'You are a teacher'

'I am' Hayley nodded, 'not really a glamorous job'

'I will make you a coffee' Beth smiled.

'Thank you'

The next time Hayley looked up there was a man staring at her, he was shorter than Lucas and had very short brown hair; he was looking at her again, smiling at her.

'I don't believe we have met' He smiled, 'I am Dimitri'

'And I am way out of your league'

'How do you know that?' Dimitri smiled to her.

'Well..Because obviously you don't know who I am'

'If I had met you I would have remembered a pretty face'

'Don't even think of trying it' Lucas said to the younger man, he went over to Hayley and put his arm around her waist whispered in her ear, 'Ignore him, he thinks he can flirt his way across the Grid, and he doesn't care whether it is male or female'

'Oh I think we have an understanding' she looked to Dimitri who looked a little taken aback that a woman was with Lucas and not with him.

'That's good, he's new. He's impressionable and eager to impress'

'Is everything okay?' Hayley said.

'Normal same old crisis, I will have someone drive you home if you like' Lucas said, 'I am going to be here for a while'

'I don't mind waiting if that helps'

'You are tired you should go home and sleep' Lucas said, 'I will call you tomorrow I promise'

Lucas walked her down to a car that was going to drive her home, 'Make sure Miss Tanner is escorted to her door and I swear if she is harmed in any way I will have your balls in a vice make myself clear' Lucas turned to Hayley, 'I am sorry this was not how I wanted the evening to end, but I promise I will make it up to you forgive me?'

'It's your job Lucas; I am not the type of girl who is going to get pouty about it. I know who you are and I respect that. Just be careful and ring me tomorrow if you can'

'Sleep well Hayley and I will phone you tomorrow, just not during your lessons' he kissed her lips and smiled.

Lucas smiled as he watched her drive away in the car, he sighed, he was really lucky to have met someone like her. She was not demanding and understood him. He was just upset that the night had to end the way it did he was hoping for it to end somewhat differently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 156 8
Spooks/MI5 fanfiction. Lucas North Senior Case Office, Dr Kate Masters Microbiologist, Harry Pearce Head of Counter terrorisim, Roz Myers Section le...
11.2K 851 57
Also Known as 'In Love with my Teacher'. It's Jenni's final year in high school. Senior Year. Her plan was to just get through with it, not deal with...
19.8K 361 12
Redeeming Lucas North. Now working freelance, Lucas is tasked with stealing samples from a research lab but he has no idea how big an impact that one...
438K 10.5K 36
[Formally know as 'My New Biology Teacher Caught Me Vandalizing The School Lockers'] Fighting attraction is always hard - but even more so when you'r...