Chapter Nine: Lazy Song

The weekend was a relief to both Lucas and Hayley. It had been a long week for the both of them. Hayley more so, Lucas would have to admit. Not only was she dealing with the unruly kids it seemed that the alliance that Dimitri had formed with Andy was beginning to get to her. She understood why he was doing it but some of the little quips were beginning to get to her. Lucas had seen her come home three times this week with tears in her eyes. Which she had tried to hide from him but he knew her too well. It also did not help that this week she had been at rehearsals for her Year 11's play of Death of a Salesman. Lucas had been to see it the night before for it's one and only performance. He had sat in the audience and watched as Hayley sat in the front row as she got the children together. He stood up and clapped the loudest when she had been called on the stage. He was so proud of her and he wanted the school to know it.

He smiled to himself; He had left her sleeping, in his bed she needed the lie in. He would go for a run in which he had been putting off all week. Then if she was still asleep when he got in would treat her to breakfast in bed. Lucas you are becoming a soft romantic when it comes to this woman. He thought as he ran through the park and then back to his house. He opened the front door and slowly walked in. Hayley was still sleeping where he had left her.

'Breakfast it is then' he smiled as he began to cook her some fat greasy fry up.

The smell of food hit Hayley's nose. She wrinkled it. She thought that she was dreaming whatever it was that was cooking it smelt very good. Blinking back the sleep from her eyes, she stretched.

'Well there goes my surprise' Lucas smiled carrying a tray with food on it, 'Morning sunshine'

'Good Morning Handsome but also very dangerous spy' Hayley smiled, 'Breakfast for me?'

'Yes breakfast for you' Lucas nodded. He placed the tray on her lap. 'I thought you deserved a treat' 

'Does this mean I have to give you a treat later?' she smiled.

'If you think I deserve it' Lucas said, 'Eat up or it will get cold and I am not cooking it all over again for you'

'I would if I didn't have you distracting me' Hayley smiled. 

'Fine I am going to have a shower and then I am going to wake you up properly' he playfully smiled, before kissing her forehead.

LNLNLN

Lucas felt the water hit his body and his muscles relax instantly if Hayley had been watching him, or in the bathroom right now there would have been no chance of her wanting to eat breakfast. The water was cascading down his tort muscles. He lathered himself up, washing his body slowly and then his hair. Stepping out the shower wrapping a towel around the bottom half of him, He grinned and walked into the bedroom.

Hayley's eyes were immediately drawn to Lucas' chest when he stepped out of the shower and into the bedroom. There were still droplets of water on his slim but muscular stomach. His hair was wet and a little messy. He leant on the doorframe, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief. She liked this side of Lucas. It was a side he would only show to her she had come to realise. She suspected if any of the other members of his team knew about this side they would call her a liar.

He watched her from the doorframe; he could tell what he wanted her to feel was exactly what she was feeling. She drank in his appearance but she did not know that he was doing the same to her. Her hair was what Lucas liked to call bed hair; it was down after letting him unpin it the night before when they had made love. It was all over the place, but this made Lucas want her more. This was his Hayley not teacher Hayley just his. She held the sheet over her breasts although Lucas knew that under the sheet he knew that she was naked. This made him want to move closer to her. To feel her skin next to his. He had not stayed round her house one night this week it seems that he would stay at hers during the week, at the weekend she would come to his. It suited them both. However Thursday night Lucas had been working late and had not been able to get to Hayley's. By the time he had got home, it was too late to be waking her up. That night had been one of the longest that Lucas had ever had. And he thought the nights in Russia were bad. He could not sleep he had tossed and turned all night. Ruth has noticed when he came in the next morning that he had not slept the night before. But he would not tell anyone the reason why he had not slept.