Chapter Ten: I was a mess you see. (Give the Strength to me)

Lucas stretched as he felt Hayley move next to him. He smiled and watched a smile cross her face. The Sunday morning light hitting her face, Lucas was again struck at her beauty. He knew that he was completely in love with Hayley Tanner. She was exactly what he was looking for in a woman, smart intelligent and she wasn't afraid to tell him if he was being out of line. He needed that in a woman. He needed to be reminded that from time to time that he knew. He now knew she was awake she was smiling wider but she had not opened her eyes yet. She also did not have the serene look that she had a few moments ago.

'I know you are awake' he chuckled.

She did not move. Hayley wanted to play a little game with him before she allowed herself to come to. She closed her eyes.

Lucas sighed and began to move his arms up and down her body; if she was not awake she certainly would be in a few moments. When she did not even flinch Lucas' brow crinkled. Maybe he had been mistaken maybe she had not been awake and it was him that was excited that she was. He placed a delicate kiss on her neck and turned over deflated.

Hayley felt him turn away from her. It made her feel bad. She opened her eyes up and gently extended her arm over his back. She felt Lucas jump at the coolness of her hands.

'Bloody hell love' He sighed, 'Your hands are cold'

Hayley kissed his shoulder. 'Warm them up then Lover' she purred.

Lucas turned. 'I knew you were bloody awake'

Hayley smiled at him, an adorable smile that even if Lucas was angry that she had made him think that he was wrong that she was awake. He quickly forgot it. 'Sorry about that, I was going to wake up but you see cuddling up to you and you trying to wake me up was a prospect I just couldn't refuse'

Lucas eyed her, 'I am going to have to punish you again for that; I thought I had imagined you awake'

Hayley gave him another soft smile and kissed his lips. 'Lucas'

It was at this point Lucas' phone began to ring. 'Bollocks, Hold that thought Hayley' He shifted to pick up his phone. He sat up and pressed the phone to his ear. 'Hello'

Lucas heard Harry down the other end of his phone. 'Lucas, I am sorry to call you on a Sunday but there have been some developments on the Cooper Case'

'I see, so you want me to come in' Lucas said, looking over to Hayley with a sad look on his face. 

'It would be helpful' Harry agreed.

'I am going to have a shower and then I will be there' he said back and hung up.

Hayley looked to Lucas she saw his shoulders tense; he looked at her intensely in her eyes. 'Everything okay?'

Lucas nodded slowly. 'I need to go into work darling'

'I got that' she smiled.

'I don't really want to but you know what Harry is like, I would much rather be with you. I would much rather be making glorious love to the woman I love. But I want to be able to come home to her'

'You should go before Harry decides that I am not good for you'

'Well you are not good for me, but not in the way he thinks you are not' Lucas teased.

Hayley smiled and kissed Lucas, 'Go I have lessons I can plan anyway. You know I can get ahead of myself, which means I may have an evening free this week'

Lucas smiled. He moved from the bed, kissing her forehead, 'I am hoping not to be too long'

'Take as much time as you need. I shall be here when you get back'