Chapter Seventeen: Learn You Inside Out.

‘Do you have to leave?’ Hayley sleepily smiled as he went to leave the bed.

He looked at her with a smile across his lips he did not want to leave her but he felt that he would likely be sacked if he did not. ‘You know I would if I could but Harry may actually kill us both’ He smiled and went to drop a delicate kiss in her forehead, ‘I would much rather be here’

‘I have just got used to waking up with you by the side of me’

‘Well the sooner I go to work the sooner I can come back’ Lucas smiled.

‘Promise?’

‘Promise’

‘So when are you taking me to your place Mr North?’

‘Whenever you want to move in it is up to you’ He smiled.

‘Tonight?’ Hayley looked hopefully she was not expecting him to say yes.

‘Then you better start packing up your stuff up then I will pick you up and take you home when I have finished work’ he leant and gave her one last kiss. ‘I shall ring you during my break’

‘Love you’

‘Love you too’ Lucas replied and left her to lie in bed.

LNLNLN

Lucas got onto the Grid before anyone else, even Harry he hoped this stood him in good stead considering he had been off the Grid because he had been with Hayley for the last three days. He hoped Harry would not be too hard on him. If he did start Lucas was ready to ask him would he be the same it is was Ruth that was in Hayley’s position. Lucas was sure he would not.

He switched on his computer and looked at his phone.

To the Most handsome man in the world, Have a good day my Lucas and don’t let Harry get to you too much. Love you always Hayley xxx

Lucas smiled. Today would go a lot quicker and soon he would be back in a few hours and this time he would be taking her home to his house in hope to build it with her like he had always wanted to build a home with someone he loved. And with her he was hoping that is something he would do.

Harry walked into the Grid about half an hour later.

‘Oh Lucas nice to see that you feel that the Grid can be requested with your presence’

‘Morning Harry’ Lucas smiled.

He was not going to rise. He sat and got on with his work. Allowing Harry to be a little disappointed that his section chief did not bite back to him although he really wanted him to.

LNLNLN

Hayley went to find some boxes so that she would back up her clothes and some other things that she wanted to take to Lucas’. There was things in her flat that she would willingly sell on. She flicked her hair and put her photos in the box. She folded up her clothes into them. She could say that flat did not hold great memories for her it had brought her to Lucas. Now she was moving on to be with him. She felt excited but apprehensive all at the same time. It was like the day she opened up the letter which was her acceptance letter to her university. She looked around it was time for her to be brave and not worry about what might happen live for the moment.

Her phone began to ring. She smiled when she saw the number, Lucas’. Placing the phone to her ear she answered. 

‘Hello Miss Tanner speaking whom it is that is calling?’