Chapter Four: Arise

Chapter Four: Arise

Hayley did not get a lot of sleep that night, whenever she closed her eyes she saw Lucas. His face his eyes his smell it was as if he was next to her. At about three in the morning she was dreaming she was sure of that she was sure she felt his lips pressed against hers, they had not discussed the kiss and what it meant, but he had kissed her again as she got in the car. So maybe he was indeed ready to take the next step in the relationship that she was not too sure he was. At about five in the morning she gave up with any chance of her getting any sleep, her alarm would be going off in the next half hour anyway. She turned on her shower and stepped into the warmth, allowing the water to hit her body. Today was going to be a long day and she could tell she was going to do the cardinal sin of a teacher she was going to be fuelling herself with Coffee, in training you get told to avoid coffee like the plague as it harms your voice and does not help your energy levels but after the night Hayley had just had she was ready for the coffee, stuff the throat and energy levels.

Hayley arrived at work the same time she would any other day, but today was different somehow she had a feeling in her stomach that she could not shake. At first she wondered if it was because of her lack of sleep, but then she wondered if this was what it was like being involved with a spy, always having the feeling that they may not come home to you, because the line of work they are in. Hayley shook her head, the same could be said for anyone no one knows when their time is up, just because you are in the line of fire does not mean that the person will die. And anyway technically she was not involved with a spy okay they had been out on a few dates but they were not exactly exclusive.

The bell rang like it did any other day and Hayley pushed the fear she had for Lucas to the back of her mind, she could not control fate and she understood who Lucas was when she started so no need to be getting panicky now.

'Morning Miss' one of her form group smiled as he walked in, a little Year 7 who was very sweet, and helpful to her.

'Good Morning John' Hayley smiled trying her best to put on her teacher face. Something you had to learn quickly in this game about how to look as if you are fine when usually you are not.

'OI! Miss you look as if you have had no sleep, up late were you last night?' One of the Girls piped up. Amber was one of the first girls that had decided that she was going to push the boundaries in the school well Hayley was not going to allow that to happen, not on her watch.

'Amber, when I want you to comment on my general appearance I will ask you, and for your information I slept very well, it must just be having you lot that is stressing me out and all the paperwork you are having me do'

Amber blushed. 'Sorry Miss'

'Miss, Maybe it is something to do with your Boyfriend?'

'And what Boyfriend would that be, Lucy?'

'The one my sister saw you with at the restaurant she said you and him looked very cosy'

'That's enough Lucy, and yes while I was having dinner with someone last night, it really is none of your business'

'Your Blushing Miss' one of the boys laughed.

'Enough all of you' Hayley raised her voice, 'you should be doing private reading and not discussing my life'

Hayley took her register and sent her form off, they knew she was free her first lesson on a Wednesday they seemed to like to hang around when they clearly should have been in class.

'Look Guys and Girls I have work to do and you have a class to get to'

'But it's French'

'And I am sure Miss Blanche will be so happy for you to say that, go and learn French and tomorrow during tutor time you can teach me some French okay'