Chapter Eleven: I hurt You But I Am Trying To Protect You.

This is the hardest chapter I have written for these two. It was leading to this point and I needed it to lead to here. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Please don't shoot me by the end of this chapter. Emma

Chapter Eleven: I hurt You But I Am Trying To Protect You.

Hayley lay sleeping next to him. Lucas smiled. He knew the alarm would be going off soon which meant that Monday was coming and Lucas would have to leave her. Three weeks had passed since the time in which Hayley had seen Lucas at his weakest and although neither would speak of it. The cold November chill was in the air. Half term had flown past for Hayley, well teachers call it half term it does not stop them from having to work during it. Her parents had not made it down for the week which was probably a good thing as Lucas had been busy working.

'Morning' she yawned sleepily as her alarm finished going off.

'Morning' Lucas kissed her nose.

'I suppose I have to get myself decent for work'

'Fraid so' Lucas smiled.

'Care to join me in the shower Lucas?' she smiled shyly.

'I think I can be persuaded'

Hayley took his hand, 'Come on then'

LNLNLN

Lucas dropped Hayley at the school and then made his way to the Grid. He sat at his desk like any Monday morning with a coffee in his hand. He sipped it slowly and looked to his computer screen. He was not aware when someone stood at his desk. He looked up.

Beth stood before him. 'Lucas I have had a tip off from one of my assets at the bank. It would seem that some money has been transferred into Ryan's bank account. Lucas look where the money came from' Beth looked at him, 'Lucas you okay?'

'Fine. Where did it come from?'

'It came from Russia. From an off-shore bank account which is connected to the FSB'

'So maybe Mr Cooper did not escape as well as we all think he did'

Beth nodded, 'It is a possibility but it doesn't explain why he is here'

Lucas thought about it, 'For me'

'You?' Beth looked at his quizzically.

'Ryan and I were cellmates as you know. What if this has something to do with me?'

'It's possible but maybe we should not get ahead of ourselves'

'I think I am at the right conclusion which means he is going to hurt the people I love'

'Hayley'

'Hayley' Lucas agreed.

'We will not let that happen Lucas' Beth said.

'Not we, I will not let that happen'

Beth looked at Lucas she was unsure what he meant by the last statement that he had just made. 'As I said let's not get ahead of ourselves Lucas'

'I am going out for the afternoon. If I am needed I am on the mobile'

Beth nodded as she watched him leave the Grid.

LNLNLN

Lucas got into his car and drove, he needed time to think. If he was right and he was sure that he was then he needed to protect Hayley. He would not allow her to be hurt because of his involvement to this man. He made a promise to himself when he first started seeing her that he would not let her get hurt because of the job he does. Wasn't that what had happened to him and Elizabeta? Wasn't this job the reason he and her had split up? He had lied to her and therefore was never allowed to be who he was in front of her.