Chapter Seven: Need You Now

Lucas looked at Hayley slept soundly next to him. Sunday morning he smiled. He loved the feeling of waking up to a woman next to him. He could feel her warmth. He was a little shocked when his eyes fluttered opened. She was still next to him. It was the first time that he had beaten her to be awake. Maybe they had tired each other out the night before. Lucas smiled at the memory. No woman had made him crave her so much. Not even his ex wife. He watched her with her hair fanned out across her face. A small smile crept across his lips as he slid himself next to her. He knew she had not awoken but he loved that her body would automatically move towards him. She snuggled up against his warmth. He in turn wrapped his arms around her he wasn't going to let her go for the world even if she wanted to.

Hayley awoke a few hours later looking at the clock. It was midday, shit this had never happened before. She looked over and felt Lucas cocooned around her. He was sleeping soundly. She felt the need to kiss his lips. She moved slightly and kissed them. Softly but firmly. Lucas eyes fluttered open.

'Morning' he smiled, 'I see you decided to stay in bed'

'It's the afternoon' she replied softly.

'Then I am honoured' he teased.

'Yeah well you should be' she laughed.

Moving closer to her, he rolled her onto her back, 'I like waking up to you Miss Tanner' he kissed her softly.

'I like waking up to you too' she smiled.

Lucas looked her in the eyes and saw love shining from them. He pulled her close to him. Satisfied just to be holding her.

'Be a love and put the kettle on' he smiled a little while later.

'Cheeky bugger' Hayley laughed, 'I was waiting for breakfast in bed'

'It would be Brunch I think the term is called' Lucas winked.

'Oh be quiet' she laughed. She tried to move but he pulled her back towards him. He was pretty sure he had heard something downstairs 'Mr North, How am I to put the kettle on if you are not going to let me move'

Lucas smiled but the smile did not meet his eyes and shook his head, 'Stay where you are'

Hayley looked at him and nodded, the look in his eyes told her he was not mucking about when he had pulled her back to him. He was gone before she could say anything to him.

Lucas moved down the stairs quickly and quietly. He was not sure what it was but something just was not right about the house this morning or afternoon. He moved to the kitchen and looked around.

'Ah Lucas' Lucas turned. Standing before him was Harry his boss. He was looking at him with those sympathetic eyes that He loved to do frequently.

'Bloody hell Harry ever heard of knocking?'

'I did' Harry said, 'But you must have been busy'

Lucas felt his cheeks tinge, 'I was asleep'

'Lucas' Hayley voice called from upstairs, 'Is everything okay?'

'It's just Harry' Lucas called back.

Harry gave him a quizzical look, 'Sleeping right'

'Yes Harry sleeping not that it is any of your business'

Hayley sat upstairs unsure whether or not to go down. If Harry was here on a Sunday afternoon surely something had happened. He would not just call by unannounced would he? It occurred to her that she did not know. She had been so busy enjoying being with Lucas; she did not know that much about him. Yes he was a spy imprisoned for eight years but when it came to the day to day runnings of his life she didn't.