Heels Over Head

By annasarms

More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Authors Note
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Authors Note
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 15 [ll]
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 19 [ll]

Part 5

15.5K 132 12
By annasarms

 Me and Mady sat in the car in silence while heading to the party. I took advantage of the fact that Mady’s mouth was finally shut to think of how I was going to explain what had happened over the summer whilst she’d been gone. 

After going through a whole speech in my head, I took a deep breath and broke the silence.

“Sooooo…I’m guessing you want to ask me some questions right about now?” I asked not taking my eyes off the road.

“Hell, Yeah!! I’ve been gone for a month! I need answers!” She said quickly.

“Okay, Shoot.”

“How do you know those guys?” She snapped.

I sighed and started telling her what had happened over the summer…

*FLASHBACK*

(1 month ago)

“Hey there.” said a deep husky voice behind me. I turned around and was faced with a guy who looked my age and had honey blonde hair with streaks of brown in it, grey eyes and a hard well-built body.

“Uhh…Hey.” I said awkwardly, avoiding his gaze and watching people dance instead.

“What’s your name?” He asked,

“Kaycee” I said with a friendly smile.

“Cool. I’m Jay.” He gave me a breath taking smile.

“Oh. Nice to meet you Jay.” I said shyly and he chuckled.

“You too. Hey, you wanna hang out sometime? You seem like a very interesting girl.” He shouted over the loud music.

I laughed “Yes. Very interesting indeed.” I said sarcastically “If I’m so interesting, then tell me; why do I feel so bored?”

“Why did you go to this party then?” He asked while raising his eyebrows.

I sighed “My cousin made me come with her. I was only supposed to stay for a couple of hours or so but then I lost her a few minutes ago so now I don’t have a ride home.”

“Where do you live? I can give you a ride if you want.” He offered

“Really? I live a few blocks away on Manchester Street.” 

“Seriously?” He asked shocked.

“Yeah. Why? Is there a problem?” I asked nervously.

He chuckled “No, none at all. It’s just that I live in that street too.” He grinned

“No way.” I asked with wide eyes “You’re the new neighbors?”

“Yep.” He said popping the ‘p’.

“That’s really convenient then.” I smiled,

“So, I take that as a yes?” He smirked

“Definitely.” I replied.

Jay gave me a ride home and from that night, we hit it off. We became really great friends and I would go and hang out at his house a lot.

Jay had an older brother named Derek. He was a year older than me and Jay and he seemed pretty cool and fun. I would always hang out with him and the guys whenever Jay wasn’t home because he had soccer.

Me, Jay, Derek and the guys all became really good friends in just 2 weeks and we all hung out together a lot.  But then it all went down hill on a summer night at a party at their house…

*2 weeks ago*

(Night of the party)

“Jay? Jay where are you!?” I screamed over the loud music while pushing my way through the crowd.

I tried to push through the sea of people dancing and getting drunk when I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw Derek smirking at me.

“Hey there pretty thing.” He slurred. From the smell of his breath and his obvious lack of balance, he was completely wasted.

“You’re drunk Derek. Have you seen Jay?” I asked seriously.

“Jay. Jay. Jay. Always about Jay…” He sang.

“Seriously Derek. Where is he?” I glared at him annoyed.

“How should I know?” He shrugged.

“Whatever. Never mind I’m leaving.” I was about to pass through him and leave when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. I hit his hard chest and he gripped my waist forcing me to dance with him.

“Let go Derek.” I said completely pissed off.

“Nahhhhhhh. Why should Jay get all the fun with you? It’s sooooooooo unfair. I get all the girls all the time but the one time I actually see a perfect girl that I want, my brother comes along and drags her away from meee.” He whined like a little kid.

“What the hell are you talking about Derek? Jay isn’t dragging me anywhere. We’re just friends.” I said while breaking out of his grip.

“That’s what you thinkkkk. You think I’m dumb and don’t see how my own brother looks at you? Heck I know he’s pretty whipped for you.” He continued

“You’re lying Derek. Me and Jay only see each other as friends. There’s nothing going on between us.” I defended.

“Hmmmmm…Let’s say he does like you, can you like him back and let’s say…go out together?” He smirked,

“What? No. Impossible. We can’t like each other. Pssh. Were like family!” I laughed,

“Whatever.” He shrugged, “Not my fault you just broke his heart.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He pointed a finger behind me and I turned around and saw Jay watching us with a hurt expression on his face. Wait, what? Why would he be hurt? He doesn’t like me that way…does he?

Realization struck me and my eyes went wide.

“ohmygod Jay. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know!” I pleaded while approaching him.

He raised his hand to stop me “Forget it. I should’ve known you wouldn’t feel the same way about me.” He gave a humorless laugh.

“No Jay. I’m really sorry. I swear, It never occurred to me…” I said with tears pricking my eyes.

“You know what? You have nothing to say sorry about. I was the one who was stupid to fall for you and believe I had a chance.” He said with a smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

“Jay-.” He cut me off.

“Don’t.” He said with pain coated in his words, “Just don’t.”

“I’m sorry man. I didn’t realize! I’m drunk! I didn’t mean to tell her!” Derek told him after snapping out of his drunken state and realizing what he’d done.

“No,  it’s alright.” He said giving another sad smile. “Anyways, I have to go. The bus is here and I don’t want to miss camp. So, Bye.” He waved at us and headed out as fast as he could.

Jay had to go to soccer camp the whole summer and I hadn’t been able to talk to him since. I’d also avoided Derek and the guys since then.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Wow.” Mady said with wide eyes after I told her the whole story.

I sighed “Yeah.”

She crossed her arms over her chest and slumped on her seat looking pissed “I can’t believe I missed so much!” She whined.

“Not really. You’re lucky you didn’t have to deal with all the drama.” I frowned.

“Oh, right. Sorry” She gave me a sheepish smile.

“It’s fine.”

“Sooooooo…” She started,

“What?”

“Why don’t you like Jay? He seems like a pretty okay guy. I don’t see why you turned him down. Pretty harsh if I say so myself.”

I rolled my eyes, “Thanks for making me feel better.” I said sarcastically.

“Sorry again”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, We’re here already.” I said as I parked the car across the drive way.

“I guess we are. I can’t wait to meet hot guys and parrttaaayyy!” She screamed excitedly.

I laughed “C’mon then.” I said while getting out of the car.

I dragged Mady out of the car and headed for the house. I was about to turn the knob on the front door when it flew open.

“Hey Kaycee.” said the guy at the door.

“Hey…” I looked up to see who it was and my eyes went wide.

“JAY!?!?!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 0 14
read to find out
21K 530 13
❝𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐨'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲.❞ 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲. ↳ 𝐬𝐭�...
179 1 14
read to find out
141K 2.5K 46
KAYLOR AU