Poker Face

Galing kay gypsydream

Poker Face (Naruto Fan Fiction) History repeats itself when Utau’s entire clan is slaughtered. The person de... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Authors Note
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Authors Note
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Authors Note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 37

690 17 3
Galing kay gypsydream

Chapter 37

I wipe the sweat from my brow before continuing on.

Someplace around here is one of the Akastuki bases. They have two in the land of Wind. The first is a small one in the middle of nowhere-perfect for training inconspicuously. That is the one that I spent the few precious moments with my brother after I was rescued from the summit.

I pause. My brother, now that’s someone I hadn’t thought of in a while. I didn’t really leave him on a good note although it wasn’t horrible either.

I shake my head and continue searching for the second Akastuki base in the Land of Wind.

The base that I am looking for is the second largest of the numerous Akastuki bases. Despite having been with the Akastuki for a while I have never been to this base even though it’s one of their favorites.

I finally spot what I am looking for and run towards the smooth sandstone rock stuck in the middle of nowhere hidden by the sand. If I hadn’t been looking for it I would have never seen it.

I walk up to the rock and feel my hand along the bottom.

My hand brushes against a carving, the word Akastuki written in kanji. I smile, satisfied, and place my palm in the center. I close my eyes and form a single hand sign with my free hand.

Soon I hear a scraping sound. I open my eyes and step back, patently waiting for the rock to finish sliding over to reveal a darkened staircase.

I glance behind me before skipping down the stairs, jumping two stairs at a time.

I reach the end of the staircase and cautiously peer around the corner, kunai in hand.

The dark hallway seems to go on forever in both ways, the ends hidden in shadows.

I tiptoed down the hallway, glancing behind me.

After what seems like hours of walking I find a door almost hidden in the walls.

I turn the handle and peer inside. The room is too dark to see anything but a few feet ahead of me.

I step inside and feel my way around. I find a light switch and flick it on. The room lights up in a burst of blinding light.

Once my eyes become accustomed to the sudden change in lighting I glance around the room.

The room is completely empty, nothing but the walls and floor.

I shake my head and turn the light off.

As I continue down the hall, peering in the different rooms, it becomes obvious nobody has been here for a while.

Just as I am about to turn around and leave I sense three chakra signatures.

Immediately I run toward the chakra signatures while hiding my own.

I make my way to what I remember from the blueprints as the conference room.

At last I find the entrance to the room. I gently push open the doors and walk inside. Four cloaked heads turn my way.

“Utau!” They all yell in unison.

I grin.

“Long time no see.” I reply.

They grin in return as they shove their hoods back.

Leo, Kagem, Nikkou, and Yumi are standing together having been carrying on a heated conversation before I arrived.

“Wait, is it really you Utau? Last time I saw you you tried to kill me…” Nikkou speaks quietly.

I nod. “Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn’t exactly in my right mind at the moment.”

Nikkou grins, relieved.

“What are you all doing here anyway?” I ask as I walk closer, my hand poised to grab a kunai, having sensed something off the moment I walked inside. “And how come I didn’t sense all four of you?”

Yumi laughs, her red hair glistening in the torchlight.

“I forgot you weren’t my partner for that long. I can make my chakra disappear. It’s kind of like a Kekkei Genkai. I can also morph chakra into any shape I want to.” I nod, satisfied.

Kagem steps forward, a funny look on his face.

“What are you doing here?”  He asks, his voice strained.

“I came to…you still haven’t told me why you are here.”

“We came to destroy the base.” Leo answers, holding up one of his playing cards laced with explosive chakra.

“Why? This is a perfectly good hideout. It’s out of the way but not too far and nobody but the Akastuki and I know of this place…” I trail off, coming to a realization. “I see.”

“I’m sorry Utau. I really am.” Kagem answers truthfully, sorrow clearly etched across his face.

I nod.

“It’s ok. It’s not your fault you have to obey orders.”

Kagem and his partner nod.

“Utau, I wish I could have gotten to know you better. You seem like someone who could have been my best friend.” Yumi speaks truthfully.

“Me too Yumi.”

 I turn to Leo, unspoken words crossing between us.

During our time together we had gotten close despite Leo’s tendencies to be a complete psycho. I love him like a brother which only makes their betrayal hurt worse.

“Is she here or did she send you to do her dirty work?” 

They look at each other then back at me.

“I see.” I nod and do a backflip, narrowly missing a kunai aimed directly at my heart.

“Nice to see you too!” I call out.

“Oh Utau, you could have been the best member the Akastuki has ever had but you had to anger the wrong person.” Isabel’s voice rings out. “I don’t know what you did to make Leader hate you so much but you certainly made her mad.

“Everyone, leave us. This is between Utau and Leader.” Isabel says as she emerges from the shadows, a grim look on her face.

Everyone runs to do her bidding, not chancing to get on Leader’s wrong side as well. They spare one last sorrowful look at me before disappearing within the base.

Isabel approaches me, a strange look on her face. She traces my jaw with her finger, her eyes clouded thoughtfully.

“I liked you Utau, I really did, which is rare for me.” She looks up. “I almost regret having to do this.” She jabs my stomach with a kunai, making me gasp in pain.

She lets go and backs up, smiling darkly.

I slide to the floor, my hand gripping the kunai imbedded in my stomach.

I look up.

“I liked you too Isabel but that doesn’t make killing you any more regrettable either.”

I pull out the kunai, wincing from the fresh pain and blood.

“As always, you surprise me with your strength.” Isabel comments as she watches me struggle to a stand.

We lung at each other, kunai’s in hand, mine already dripping with my blood.

“Enough!” a clear voice rings out.

“Isabel, leave us. Now!”

Isabel pales.

“But Milady...”

“Now!”

“Yes milady!” Isabel yells as she scrambles to leave the room.

“Utau…” Mutters the Leader as she comes into view.

She is still wearing the same black clothing as I first saw her in, making her face impossible to see.

“It seems your memories are still a little foggy. Good.” She comments as she carefully watches my expression.

“What do you mean?” I sneer.

She laughs, her laugh echoing loudly in the big empty room.

“You would know if you could remember. But you can’t and that is perfectly fine with me. That means I can intrigue you with the mystery of me a little longer.”

I take a few steps away from her advancing figure.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Oh but you do, Utau. You do know. You know everything you just can’t remember yet.” She says lowly.

“Which is why I am not going to kill you yet. It makes it more enjoyable if you know who I am and where is the fun in telling you myself?” She laughs again.

“Well then Utau, it was nice to talk with you again. I look forward to the next time we meet when I kill you.”

“Wh..” My eyes widen.

I hadn’t even seen her weave any hand signs.

I struggle to stay awake, fighting off the darkness that threatens to take over my conciseness.

“Good night, Sweet. Until next time.” She bursts into a fit of laughter that echoes as she walks away.

My eyelids droop shut, the world fading to a dull buzz.

***Authors Note***

And here is the promised chapter! Enjoy!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2K 83 27
Satchi Uchiha is the kind of secret that wanted to be buried so deep that it should have been forgotten. The new world is under siege by the Otsutsuk...
1M 28.1K 36
What if Uzumaki Naruto had a sister? That he never knew she existed. Her name is Minako. A Kunoichi, Jinchūriki and the reincarnation of Uzumaki Mito...
149K 5.1K 20
Rose was left at an orphanage after the death of her parents, living under the abuse of the head matron. After creating bonds with the other children...
41.9K 1.4K 31
It's been roughly three years since Y/N L/N left the village with a complete stranger. Since then Karin and the others continued to train and hope th...