PRESSURE

By Nova_Lynnnn

Sabian 'Sire the Don' Savage is in the prime of his career, as his music is reigning on the top of the charts... More

✨ Cast ✨
✨ Chapter 2: Prancer
✨ Chapter 3: Move me
✨ Chapter 4: Family Feuds
✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals
✨Chapter 6: Man of the Night
✨Chapter 7: Control
✨Chapter 8: New friends, Same family
✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends
✨Chapter 10: Damage Control
✨ Chapter 11: In the Mix
✨Chapter 12: A Dangerous Game
✨Chapter 13: Mo' Problems
✨ Chapter 14: Soul Sisters
✨ Chapter 15: Diss-Appointments
✨Chapter 16: Family Business
✨ Chapter 17: Opportunties
✨ Chapter 18: Need to Know
✨ Chapter 19: On my own
✨Chapter 20: Me and You
✨Chapter 21: Trapped
✨ Chapter 22: Life is good
✨ Chapter 23: Three's Company
✨Chapter 24: Moving On.
✨ Chapter 25: Opening Night
✨Chapter 26: Changes
✨Chapter 27: All Hell Breaks Loose
✨Chapter 28: The Aftermath
✨Chapter 29: Leveling Up
✨Chapter 30: Grand Gestures And New Beginnings
✨Chapter 31: I'd Follow You Anywhere
✨Chapter 32: Family Ties
✨Chapter 33: Happily Ever After
✨Epilogue

✨Chapter 1: The Don

23.8K 936 773
By Nova_Lynnnn

    "Okay, what about this one?" Sabian asked, his hands grasping the collar of the suit as he stood in front of the large mirror. This was the fifth suit he had tried on in only a matter of thirty minutes, and so far his team had voted no on all of them.

"Nah, that shit look like you belong in the temptations" JR laughed, his hand over his stomach as he doubled over.

"This is Marc Jacobs's fall collection" the stylist replied and turned her nose up at the obviously ignorant man.
JR scoffed, and then turned his attention back to his brother.

"Yeah, but for once he's right" Brittany chimed in, putting her finger to her chin as she circled the tall musician, "This doesn't say Sire the Don at all, Emelie, and it definitely doesn't say grammy winning artist"

"Yeah, I agree" Sabian nodded as he let out a tired breath, "Honestly, I'm good with all black. These colors ain't really for me"

Emelie twisted her mouth, and turned away as she tried to not seem frustrated because the clients just weren't happy with her options. However her slight attitude didn't bother Brittany, as she wanted Sabian to look perfect for the upcoming award show. It would be their first appearance as a couple, and their label Kaleidoscope records put a lot of money and time pushing the two young stars as Hollywood's favorite couple.

The truth was that the two barely knew each other, but were just driven enough to do whatever it took to stay at the top of their careers. For Brittany it was an image thing, and as one of the top R&B singers on the charts, it was more appealing to have a man to actually sing her songs about than to be labeled as lonely in an industry that fed off of the whole couple thing. People loved love, and if it helped her stay relevant she was prepared to do just that.

Sabian on the other hand only went along with the whole girlfriend for publicity thing because of his mother, also known as his momager. Janice was very hands on in his career and insisted that he get a publicist to up his presence in the game. It was one thing to have good music, but fans that fell in love with artist stuck around for much longer.

That was the goal, to be relevant in the industry for years to come and to be crowned a legend of his craft. While that part Sabian understood, he was still lost as to why he had to pretend to be in love just to get fans to like him. According to his publicist, fans studies showed that while they loved his music, he wasn't very likable. Again, Sabian didn't get the connection however, his mother was adamant for the change.

Brittany strolled over to the rack of designer pieces, and screwed her mouth at the last few options. As she did so, Sabian stepped down from the platform and began to remove the suit.

"Mom wants to talk to you" JR said as he stood from the chair, "Says why aren't you answering your phone"

Sabian resisted to roll his eyes, "Put it on speaker" he nodded.

JR did so, and immediately Janice's voice came blaring through the phone.

"Why aren't you near your phone Sabian? Taylor is trying to get in touch with you about the details on the video location for the next single" she spat, "Also, I need you to put a little more in my account, your father and I are trying to furnish this new beautiful home you just got us"

"Sorry Ma, but it's kind of hard to be on my phone and try on outfits for the award show. And tell him to talk to Stacy about that, she has the notes" he replied, now down to his boxers as he reached over to grab his phone and read the plethora of messages and missed calls his mother was referring to.

"And sure, get Stacy on that too" he finished, knowing his mother would want an answer on the money situation as well.

"Alright, I'm on that now. Let me speak to Brittany"
Sabian handed the phone over to Brittany next, and the two swapped items as she held an all black Versace suit with gold accents. She mouthed for him to try that next, and he gave it a once over while she turned to talk business with his mother.

"Brittany, make sure he makes it to his radio interview on time. Knowing his team their asses is dragging their behind, and this is Kway-Z in the morning so it's important he's there exactly on time" Janice emphasized her last two words.

Sabian didn't let the roll of his eyes stop that time as he listened to his mother talk as if he wasn't a grown man who could handle everything on his own. He slipped one leg in after another into the designer pants, and stood still as the stylist began to dress him to perfection. So far he was loving how everything was coming together, and this might actually be the piece he was going with.

"Ayyy, now we're talking" He smiled wide for the first time that day.

The dark velvet suit felt and looked good against his hazelnut skin, the gold hibiscus detailing setting it off and giving it that luxury touch. It was simple yet eye catching, and Sabian would describe himself as the same way. He wasn't the flashy type, as he hated to be the loudest in the room or the one all of the attention was on and that was definitely a weird trait for one of the biggest rappers in the game to have. Still, he never switched up and so far his attitude had gotten him this far.

"Now that, says money!" JR exclaimed as he sloppily stuffed his mouth with the snacks set out on the table.

The crumbs from the crackers began to fall all over the floor, and Sabian shook his head at his brother.
It was safe to say JR was way different than his younger brother, and instead of carrying any of Sabian's traits he was like an exact replica of their father. Loud, hood, and over the top flashy.

Sabian couldn't count how many times both men insisted he purchase them multiple chains to show off the fact that they were now getting money, or at least someone in their family was. While his brother and dad had a large collection of jewelry on Sabian's dime, he settled with a set of three that were just like him, simple with a statement.

After finally getting off the phone with his mother, Brittany made her way back over to him and was immediately satisfied with the result as well.

"See, and you say we know nothing about each other" she smirked, slapping his cheek twice lightly. She gave him a peck on the lips, and a bright flash went off moments later.

"Ouuu, instagram will love this" Tiffany, Sabian's publicist smiled as she began to upload the picture, "Hashtag....Love wins, black love, andddd MMA awards"

"Wait, let me see my jawline before you post it!" Brittany's eyes grew wide as she threw her hand up.

"Girl" Tiffany laughed, "Who do you think you're talking to? Your jawline was at perfect side profile angle, here look"

The two women analyzed the spontaneous photo, and Sabian snickered to himself as he began to remove the nice suit.

"I'll go with this one Emelie" he told the stylist and then began to get dressed back into his outfit for the day.

"Now, are we ready Si?"

After getting approval from Brittany to post the photo on Sabian's instagram, she turned to her client to see if he was ready for their brief meeting they had to squeeze in on his way to the radio station.

"As ready as I'll ever be" he answered with a slight tired breath.

"We'll get you some coffee on the way, your day is just starting. Come along" 

Tiffany ushered him to follow along and he did so with Brittany and JR by his side. They all headed out to the escalade truck, and straight away his driver began to take them to their next destination. Tiffany pulled out her work binder that she kept all of her client info in, next immediately beginning to read off her long list.

"Okay, Kway-Z in the morning" she started, "You've been on his show once before a couple years ago, 2015 to be exact. Interview was subpar, and this time I know you can do much better. Most likely he'll start with the messy stuff, competition in the game, enemies blah blah blah"

"If that nigga mention Taz, mayne just let me in to smack em" JR kissed his teeth.

"Oh he'll definitely ask about Taz" Tiffany gave Sabian a knowing look, "Do not get provoked ~"

"Do I ever?" Sabian scoffed cockily.

"No, and now isn't the time to start. When he asks about him, say something very minimum. Like 'I am my own competition or even ~"

"That nigga need to respect his elders" JR interrupted once more, "He also needs to learn his numbers because East Coast King just went triple plat, and his album is just now getting to gold. Maynnee, my little brother ~"

"JR, please" Tiffany stopped him, "We have ten minutes to finish this and we don't need your record keeping. The point is, you're better and we know you are but humility is more attractive. Okay next, he's going to ask about the album, and I'm sure that's the only part you'll be fully interested in so do you. And lastly, your dating life"

"Aka me" Brittany beamed as she turned around in her seat.

Sabian chuckled, but continued to listen to Tiffany. It wasn't that he wasn't attracted to Brittany, because shit who wasn't. She was definitely a stallion, and she had a pretty face to match her solid body that graced stages across the country. She went by the name Brittany Banks and at the moment she was at the top of every girl's playlist. From her love melodies down to her club tracks she was versatile in her craft and unlike Sabian she craved to be seen and loved.

"Keep the relationship open to imagination, but let it be known you are a very happily taken man. Stats show female fans take well to men who claim their significant others"

"And where do you get these stats again?" Sabian asked scratching the back of his head.

"Research" Tiffany shrugged.

Sabian raised his brow and soon realized that was the best answer he was going to get.

Tiffany continued to go through the rest of her list and before they knew it the driver was pulling up to the large building. 96.9 radio was plastered on the front of the building in bright red letters and the large glass doors gave them a peek inside the huge radio station.
Sabian took a deep breath after hopping out of the truck, and followed behind his body guard up to the top floor.

"Gooooooddd Mornnningggg L.A, it's ya boy Kway-Z at the Kway-Z studios and ya'll won't believe who I have in the building today. I'ma let some of you get the crust out of your eye, get your morning stretch in, as it is approximately 10:30am and across from me I have sitting, six time Grammy nominated, two of them he actually won by the way, top five of every hood cat's favorite rapper list, Sire the Don. How you doin today man?"

Sabian raised his brows at the large and flattering introduction and licked his lips before speaking into the mic.

"I'm great, I can't complain" he smirked handsomely, "Working, really. Always working"

"I bet, we just saw on instagram you were getting fitted for the MMA's this weekend, looking fly man. Now you've attended every show since you've been in the game however the difference this year, is that you'll have a date. The Brittany Banks, tell me man how'd it start?"

Sabian twisted his mouth, as he didn't expect his first question to be about her and not his music.

"Uhhh, well me and Britt always been friends within the industry" he kept it short.

"But now you're not friends" Kway-Z continued.

Before Sabian answered he glanced over at Tiffany who was glaring at him through the glass, and he could read her eyes as she screamed at him to answer before the silence became awkward.

"Of course, we'll always be friends first. But uh, yeah" he said scratching the back of his head nervously,, "That's my girl, you know things are fresh right now but I'm definitely happily taken"

Tiffany gave him a thumbs up and an approving smirk, and he gave her a look before turning back to Kway-Z.

"Okay okay, to be honest I don't see the connection. Now now, before your fan base kills me, they know I speak the truth and I keep it real. For years you've been riding solo, and while we all knew you had some of the baddest women in the game it was clear you were not a relationship guy. Not to mention, you and Banks are like day and night"

Tiffany caved in her eyebrows as she listened to
Kway-Z rip apart the fake relationship she had been building for months.

"What can I say, opposites attract" Sabian said smoothly, and Tiffany let out a relieved breath, "You ever meet a woman you thought was different than what you wanted, but turned out to be everything that you needed? That's her" he said laying it on thick.

He gave himself an invisible pat on the back in his head for the acting skills, and was just as relieved when Kway-Z moved on to a different subject. Or so he thought.

"The new single you're featured on, Bank on me is officially the love song of the summer. Usually folks wanna be single during this time, but you two have people wanting the real thing so tell the people how this record came about" he asked.

"Well, she's the hottest thing right now and that's not just speaking music wise. So it was natural for us to get in the studio together, and the song is just a smooth joint to listen to wit ya lady, make her feel good" Sabian chuckled handsomely into the mic, and Tiffany bit her bottom lip at his deep voice echoing through the studio.

She was definitely impressed with his answers and the fact that he was showing his personality, and so far the interview was going smoothly. After another twenty minutes the questions were finally over, and it was time for Sabian to be at his next location.

"This is ya boy Kway-Z in the morning and we just got back from commercial break, but we're wrapping up this interview now with Sire the Don. It's been great to have you here with us, tell Brittany we said hi, and take us into the summer jam of the year featuring yourself"

"Ay Cali, this is 96.9 and you're listening to Brittany Banks ft me, Sire the Don 'Bank on Me'. Make sure to cop that album, Spotlight and look out for my album The Don coming July 15th on all platforms. Thanks for havin me"

Kway-Z began to spin the record, and the two exchanged dap before Sabian was up and ready to go. His bodyguard led the way, and Tiffany followed behind.

"That was great" she smiled.

"Thanks" he said without any particular expression.

Tiffany was used to that and after a year of working with him she learned that he wasn't that great at expressing his emotions so she let it go at that.

"So what's next?" He asked stepping into the truck once more.

"Ummm" Tiffany twisted her mouth as she looked through her notes.

He smirked at her as she focused in on the chaos in her lap, too busy in her work to realize his gaze that was cut short.

"What do you mean the dress isn't ready?" Brittany shrieked through the phone, "We had months in advance. Oh you better"

Sabian rolled his eyes as ninety five percent of being around Brittany involved her cursing out her team.
"Tiff, what time does Sire have to be at his next appointment?" She asked taking the phone off her ear briefly.

"He has a photoshoot with King Magazine in an hour so we have some time to kill, why?" Tiffany answered after finally finding her notes.

"I need to be dropped off at a location on the way. We found Sire's outfit and there is no way mines will be ruined"

"Okay, well Mike take Britt where she needs to go and then we'll head downtown towards the shoot" Tiffany said giving the order.

Mike nodded and did as she asked, and again Sabian had to sit through a ride full of prepping. It was always like this whenever Tiffany tagged along for his day to day activities, and while he loved the fact that he was getting to work he could do without all the extra.

Usually it would be just him and his entourage, however with his album drop only a month and a half away, his press run had to be perfect and that meant he would be seeing a lot of Ms. Perfectionist.

      After a long day of back to back meetings and whatever else that needed his attendance, Sabian was finally free to return home to the large Beverly Hills mansion. It was crazy to think that he lived alone in the seven bedroom, five bathroom home but Sabian liked it that way.

At twenty five years old he was a multi-millionaire, without a baby mama or bad ass kids in sight, not even so much as a girlfriend or roommate to enjoy the beautiful estate, only his two cane corsos Bella and Black.

Tossing his keys onto the entryway table Sabian pursed his lips and created a high pitched whistle, and immediately the large dogs came galloping towards him.

"Hey my babies" he cooed, rubbing his hands over both of their heads, "Ya'll ain't fuck shit up while I was gone did ya'll?"

While usually he kept them in his private yard while he was out, the weather was on and off rainy so he decided to keep them in. He fed them a few of their treats, and then proceeded upstairs to his master bedroom's washroom to take a shower.

As he did so he let his day fall to the back of his mind, as all he wanted to think about was a glass of D'usse and a good classic movie to end his night. Knowing that the next day he would be in the studio the entire time, he decided to enjoy his only moments of solitude in such a demanding career.

     "Alright, we got the drizzank, we got the snizzacks, what else are we missing?" Sabian asked the two pets as they stared up at him from the couch.

Bella tilted her head, and Sabian snapped his fingers.

"You're right, a blanket. I'll be right back"

Anyone else what've thought he was crazy due to the fact that he talked to his dogs more than anyone else, but in his mind dogs were truly a man's best friend.

Especially when he felt he couldn't trust that many around him, mainly because of his riches and it was clear that in the beginning of his career many people were down just to be affiliated with someone who was making it.

Now years later and almost considered a vet, Sabian didn't have as many friends as he did when he first entered the game. He went from rolling with ten niggas to six, and now three; That was more than enough for him.

  After grabbing his extra blanket from one of his guest rooms he began to make his way back into the spacious living room when the sudden sound of his doorbell went off. He scrunched his eyebrows because he didn't get that many visitors in his gated community, and there was only one person who always made their way in.

      "Wassup?" He greeted Tiffany as he opened the large white door.
He was a pretty tall man, and the high doorways in his home was the first time he ever felt short in his life.

Tiffany gave him a once over as she didn't expect him to come to the door damn near naked, the only thing he wore being a pair of ethika underwear that were known to be super tight.

His bulge popped out of the city printed underwear, and her eyes perked up when he turned away from the door showing his perfectly toned ass.

"I was riding pass and I decided to stop in to go over the last few deets for this week" She finally answered shaking him out of her head.

"The last few?" Sabian asked slightly turning to her, "I was sure we ran through everything"

"Not quite. While the — oh my god, why didn't you tell me they were out!" Tiffany shrieked the moment she spotted Bella and Black casually laying on the couch.

"It's cool, I keep telling you they're friendly" Sabian snickered, "come sit down"

"Eh, how about no" Tiffany scoffed, "They're looking at me like they want to eat me"

"Can't blame em" Sabian flirted.

She playfully rolled her eyes, but was still adamant about him getting rid of the two scary beasts. Sabian whistled and gestured for them to go in the next room, and they impressively arose from the couch immediately and trotted away.

"Now, what were you saying?" Sabian asked, grabbing for the remote and beginning to look for his movie of choice.

Tiffany finally retreated from the entryway and made her way into the living room.

"I was saying...that while you did a good job at the radio interview today, Kway-Z did create a bit of a convo online about if you and Brittany are a real thing. I knew this would happen"

"Why do people care?" He scoffed, "That nigga spent the whole first half of the interview taking about her and not my music, this is exactly what I didn't want"

"People know your album is going to be good Sire that's not what they want to talk about. The shaderoom has posted you guys four times this week"

"That's on twitter?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

Tiffany sucked her teeth, "Seriously?"

Sabian let out a chuckle and sexily licked his lips, "I'm joking"

"Very funny" she huffed and pushed her auburn dyed hair behind her ears, "So, all this to say that I booked you two a photoshoot. We'll squeeze that in on Sunday, I'll send the deets over to Stacey. This will redirect the conversation"

"Okay" Sabian replied, not really caring either way, "Anything else?"

Tiffany began to look through her binder for anything else she wanted to tell him, and while she did so Sabian let his eyes roam her. He admired her business casual outfit, the pinstriped blazer and pants set that was both chic and sexy as it hugged her body. Her curls were dropped over her shoulder, and she looked sexy any time she was focusing.

It wasn't a new thing for Sabian to check out his publicist, as she was definitely sexy and his type. The two had a few things in common and he could tell that she liked him too, however she stirred away from anything too serious with him due to her belief that business and pleasure didn't mix. And even then did the two sleep together a few times before and still messed around here and there.

"I'm working on getting you a deal with a brand so look out for that, but other than that no. See you the morning of the award show to recap" she said standing to her feet.

Sabian stood to walk her to the door, and as she strolled in front his eyes continued to travel.

"You knowww, my couch is big enough for two if you tryna watch this flick with me" he smirked, rubbing his hands together.

Tiffany smirked slyly as she turned to him, "Mhh tempting, but I have to say no"

"Okay, have a good night then"

He opened the door for her, and she scrunched her brows because she expected him to beg a little more.

"Well then" she exhaled, "Have a good night"

With the door cracked open, he waited for Tiffany to walk out - instead her eyes were attached to his body, including certain parts that were accentuated. He cleared his throat, causing her eyes to jump up.

"Right, sorry. See you Saturday!" She shouted once she was half way out of the door.

   Sabian just snickered to himself and closed the door, and was glad to be retreating back to the couch. He dimmed the lights in the room, and he plopped down with the remote in his hand. With the familiar whistle he let the dogs know they were free to come back in the room and they did so, reclaiming their seats on the couch across from their master.

"Now, back to where we were" he said out loud, "Bet, our favorite is on"

Coming across Starz, he was happy to see Paid in Full had just begun and he hadn't missed a thing. Sitting back with his feet up, he dug away at all his favorite snacks, and sipped the dark liquor as if it was juice to go along with the salty chips and candy.

This was what he looked forward to; Not just the lazy activity of lounging on the couch and pigging out, but mainly being in his own space. He knew it wouldn't last long as he had a long rest of the week to conquer, however right now he wasn't Sire the Don - he was Sabian and his alter ego wouldn't return until the morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 26 12
With lots of dreams and only aim Naomi came to South Korea. And her only aim is to marry V. She was a student when she came. But soon she started wo...
556K 18K 72
How would you react when the sunny bright atmosphere turns into dark cloudy and you find yourself getting pushed into dark valley ? How would you re...
53.4K 1K 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...