Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me

64K 2.2K 824
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 20:  Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me Or The Sun Fell It Sneezed Little Spitfires

BANNER BY DHRUNK!!!!!

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."-Ingrid Bergman

"The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer."-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

COMMENT AND VOTE!!

 December’s Pov.(not edited)

My parents were leaving tonight and I didn’t feel any kind of emotion behind it. I was use to it by now, it happen pretty much for the last 5-6 years of my life. I was standing the doorway as they were dragging their luggage to the car. In this moment Hunter is strolling up the sidewalk.

My mom immediately already liking Hunter from her first encounter stopped him on the sidewalk to talk. “Hello sweetie!” She greeted and he flashed the most heart-stopping, mind numbing, knee shaking, smile to her. Or at least I thought it was all those things. It would’ve made any girl swoon.

“Hello, Cember’s parents! I was just coming to drop off Cember’s hair ties she left at school. I don’t know if she needed them or not.” That was the worst excuse Hunter has ever come up with. I’ve seen him lie better than that before.

“Oh, go ahead! If Cember wants to have you for company, she can. We trust her.” My mom smile and my dad gave a reassuring nod. My mom walked over to the car setting her suitcase in the trunk calling me over, while Hunter stood at my doorstep by then.

She glances at him once, “Enjoy this attention honey. I mean come on, that was a pretty petty excuse to come see you. He obviously wanted to see you for no apparent reason.” She giggled glancing at him one more time.

“Don’t give me a reason to distrust you, and I won’t call your Uncle over.” She told me quietly kissing my head and getting into the car.

I didn’t reply because there was no need. Nothing was going to happen. Not at all.

I ran up to my room and screamed when I saw several balled up papers on the floor near my open window.  Hunter bound up the stairs, attempting to come to my rescue.

He unfurled the papers and read the message out loud. 'I'm just warning you again. My little brother might fill you with lies about himself, but he's not the good guy you think he is. You might think you know him, but there's so much that your little innocent mind couldn't even begin to process. Just ask Reylor what happen when she joined their little group.'

Hunter fist clenched so hard that I was worried that it would crumble from the force. I put my hand on his and he breathed out roughly before gathering the notes, preparing to leave.

Hunter didn’t stay long, only for a couple of minutes more because he had to go figure out what Ryan was up to.

I asked him "Are you going to come tell me when you're done" And he gave me a warm smile and a nod before leaving.

I locked all the doors in my house, and the windows before going up to my room. I noticed a small white ball in the corner of my window that Hunter must have missed.

'Don't fall in love with him either. The consequences are more fatal than your little heart being broken.'

***

I was being shaken. I knew that. I groaned and slapped the hands away. “Hunter, leave.”

“Cem, wake up.” He shook me again and I sat up, glaring at him.

"I want to show you something." Something was in his eyes; he had a wild look in them as if he was wide awake. I could smell his comforting scent of cookies and laundry, from where he was standing—he was very close to me. The only light was from the television and it was casting a blue silhouette over his body.

 “Hunter it’s,” I lazily glanced over to my electric alarm clock. “1:00 o’clock in the morning, I’m tired.” I mumbled drowsily almost falling back asleep. His placed his warm hand at my waist and shook me a little.

“It’s worth it, Cember.” He whispered and I couldn’t say no to him when he practically begging me.

“Ugh, okay. But only because you obviously can’t sleep.” I grumbled pushing my legs over the edge of the bed and rubbing my eyes. He started to get me ready, noticing that I was still half-asleep and too disoriented to move fast enough myself. He grabbed my feet slipping on a pair of socks and then my gray converse. He laced them up before grabbing a jacket from my closet and pulling it over my arms.

My parents were gone once again so we just walked out of the front door. Honestly at this point I didn’t care about my neighbors. They were young at one point, even if I wasn’t doing anything remotely sexual with Hunter they had to understand somewhat.

Plus it was 1:00 am; no one was going to be up at this time. We walked out the length of my concrete steps up to the jeep that was parked in the driveway. Either Hunter didn’t care about my Uncle at this point or he knew his location. I was too tired scold him about it.

I started to doze off while leaning into Hunter. Next thing you know I dozed too far and I fell into Hunters lap face first. I jumped up as quickly as I could.

“Well Cember if you wanted to show me a good time that’s all you had to say.”

I glared at the side of his face. “Shut up. I was falling asleep.”

Hunter drove for 30 minutes out the city a little, where there were fewer lights. I was no longer tired after being in the car, my mind humming about where he was taking me. It was darker around here, a few streetlights here and there but I wasn’t scared and it didn’t creep me out. I knew that Hunter wasn’t any harm to me. I trusted him that much and that was saying a lot.

There was a small brick building across the street from a small candy store and other than that it was houses that were acres apart from each other.

Hunter got out of the car and I followed him until he stopped on the side of the brick wall of the building. I was about to question what he was doing until he started to climb the wall. He did it swiftly and soundless without any falter; it was effortless and never seemed to not dazzle me senseless. He disappeared over the top and I couldn’t see him anymore, I didn’t hear a thing.

Now I was afraid of what was going on; having not brought a phone, only my blanket. Then a rope was tossed down and Hunter peeked over the edge waving for me to come. I huffed not liking it already. I tied my blanket around my waist and climbed the rope with much struggle. Once I got close enough Hunter pulled me over the edge and I fell on top of him. I was tired and breathing hard not paying attention to the fact that I was on him.

“I’m never doing that again.” I said taking a huge breath between every word.

He just smiled at me. It wasn’t a teasing smile, just a smile. I then realized our position and rolled off of him. I was expecting a lewd comment like ‘whoa your breathing was starting the fun for us, so let’s finish it.’ But he said nothing. I wrapped the covers around myself waiting for him to explain what we were doing here.

“Look up.” He commanded softly and I saw hundreds of twinkling stars.

They were bright and beautiful. You couldn’t get a view like this in the city; barely even in the Suburbs. As I looked up at the sky, I couldn’t help but feel thankful that Hunter showed me this.

The once dark blue sky was covered in white shining diamonds, fiery gas balls, twinkles, and constellations. Vincent Van Gogh couldn’t paint this masterpiece, it was something that needed to be seen; felt. I wasn’t a nature girl—that wasn’t my thing at all. I’d much rather be inside the house. But this was something of amazement to me. Not because I haven’t seen the stars before, because I have. But because I wouldn’t have expected a boy like Hunter to enjoy this type of thing, let alone bring a girl here.

I opened up my arms and gestured for him to share the covers with me and he joined with no hesitation. Just because he was acting a little quiet and strange didn’t mean all of his ways were gone for the time being.

We stayed there making small talk here or there or just looking at the stars till the sun started to rise and I needed to get home.

“It’s like before the sun fell it sneezed little spitfires out to light up the sky.” Gross analogy but it worked. “Nature is so beautiful.” He continued looking up at the sky that was starting to turn a pinkish-orange color. His hazel eyes landed on me once I started to speak.

“Is this the part of the movie where I look at you and say ‘not as beautiful as you’?” I replied with a small chuckle.

“Pretty sure the guy is supposed to say that. But hey I’ll take it. Let’s get you home, March.” He stood up and offered his hand to me and I gladly accepted it.

I decided to do something rash. I was going to wait until he dropped me off at home though, but I think he deserved this. Not to sound conceded or like it was some type of prize but I just felt like it was the right thing to do.

Hunter drove back into the city and back to his house. He was going to walk me to my house since my Uncle could be on an early patrol.

We were walking under the Sherbet sky, it was a great setting. The bushes in front of my house are where I stopped Hunter at.

“What I don’t get to come in today or something?” He smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes like it always did. Something was definitely wrong with him and I was going to ask later.

I let out a breath “Hunter be serious for a moment,” I told him lightly and he straightened up immediately and I smiled.

“What’s wrong?” He had an adorable frown on his face and I was ready to let this happen already.

“This,” I replied leaning up and kissing him on the lips. This caused him to lose his balance and fall into the bushes.

“The fucking bushes,” He groaned and I laughed, still on top of him. He looked up and kissed me again, this time more passionately but I wasn’t ready for all that. He pressed his lips to mine again pausing for a second before doing it a third time. I didn’t want to be like that with him right now. The kiss was just a thank you. I didn’t like the feelings it made me have I didn’t want Hunter getting the wrong idea. I pushed him away and scrambled off of him making a mad dash to my house and closing the door in his face.

I ran up to my room burying my head in my pillow. I didn’t want to feel anything for Hunter, I don’t know if I even did feel anything. The kiss was just a thank you. I didn’t mean for it to go anywhere else and I’d have to tell Hunter that.

I know any other girl would be lucky to be in my place, but until I figured out what Hunter truly wanted with me, I would make sure we would remain only friends. That kiss will never happen again.

***

I heard my window open and close but I didn’t think anything of it. It could’ve just been me dreaming so    I turned over and went back to sleep—which was incredibly stupid with Ryan being ridiculously creepy. But hey sometimes sleep is more important than a lot of things.

Next thing you know I rearranged and kicked someone in the groin and right off the bed. All he did was groan before I bound up and to the light. I ran too fast to see if he was alright that I tripped over the bed and onto him on the floor.

“Ugh Cember? Really? The balls? We’re gonna need them someday to make little months and chasers.” Hunter groaned holding his male organ.

“Oh my Hunter I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t come in like that while I’m sleeping and I don’t know you’re here.” I was hovering over him, making sure he was alright. I rolled off him and got onto my knees peering over him to see his face. He eventually unfurled and grabbed a lock of my hair twisting it.

“Hunter,” I glared. “I’m trying to sleep. Not stay up while you try to seduce me into having sex with you.”

He leaned up into my ear. “Is it working?” He whispered. It was when he said things like that, that reinforced the fact that he only wanted one thing from me.

I rolled my eyes. “No, it’s not Romeo. Now I’m going to sleep.”

“Are you gonna kick me again?”

I shrugged “Don’t know. Take the risk or go get the blow up mattress. You’re choice.” I’m surprised that I didn’t have a problem with Hunter being in my bed that night. I would definitely have to reinforce the sleeping on the floor rule for him.  At this point I was too sleepy to care.

When I woke up later in the day I realized that Hunter and I were going to have to talk about what happen earlier.

I walked into my bathroom getting myself ready for the day and when I was done I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen shocked that Hunter was at the stove cooking breakfast even though it was about noon.

“I want to go back to normal!” I blurted as soon as we made eye-contact. He paused and I paused just looking at each other till the toast popped out of the toaster.

“What are you talking about Cem?” He asked pushing the eggs onto two plates and getting the toast, starting on the bacon.

“The kiss outside! I hope you know that that doesn’t mean that I’m going to let you sleep with me.” I rushed out not saying the exact words I wanted to, but still getting my point across.

A bright smile grew across his face and he walked over to me backing me into the wall, the only sound was the sizzling bacon on the pan. “Cem you really think I don’t know you a little by now?” He rolled his eyes before continuing. “I knew what that whole kiss thing was about. I’m not stupid.” He pushed himself away from me and back into the pan.

“You do?” I questioned pressing myself more into the wall, wanting to disappear into it.

“Yeah, and I know your just a confused girl. Plus my brother is stressing you out. Chill, it was just a kiss.” It was just a kiss? Wow. Blow to the self esteem a bit. But this is what I wanted. “I know it was first, but I mean it was kind of special right? I mean the scenery was good for you, right?” The fact that he was making sure I was comfortable and willing to forget it, made me realize that Hunter was a better person than I was giving him credit for.

“Yeah,” I smiled sitting at the island and eating the food on my plate. Hunter joined me not a second later with the bacon and we enjoyed each other’s company like we normally did. Everything went back to normal, except the thoughts in the back of my head that secretly enjoyed Hunter’s kiss.

I didn’t want to admit that I liked it. I mean it was my first kiss after all. He took in his quotes ‘my kissginity (lipginity)’.

The kiss felt like all my emotions were melting out of me. His lips were dry but soft, he wasn’t demanding or anything. It was more as if he was waiting on my reaction. It made me feel as if—nope. Until I figure it out for myself there will be no getting caught up in my emotions. Plus I don’t feel anything for Hunter. Did I? I pushed my thoughts to the side; those are different thoughts for another day.

Because one thing I did know was that, that kiss was something close to magic. And I was unsure how to understand that.

But I did know one thing. I was going to come to my own conclusions.

***

At about noon we were pulling up to the garage to meet Jeremy. When we walked in the garage area was pretty quiet; the establishment being closed on Saturdays. But when we walked into the room it was chaotic. A baby’s scream was loud and apparent and everything around the room was pulled up.

“Shut him up, Cj.” Anna yelled, frantically searching for something I don’t know.

Cj was walking around in a circle shushing him and holding him close. The babies brown curly hair bouncing with each of his step and his face streaked with tears, in nothing but a diaper.

I pushed Hunter’s arm that winded around me when we stepped into the door, away from me, and immediately strolled to Cj.

I grabbed the baby from his hand and placed him on my shoulder, patting his back gently. He burped and released any other bodily functions he had before he quieted down and stop crying. I shushed him lowly before walking over to the couch and sitting down.

I looked up from the baby to see everyone else in the group looking at me in awe. “What?” I asked not understanding why I was being stared at.

“How’d you do that? We’ve been trying to do that for the last thirty minutes.” Peter sighed rubbing his hand down his face.

“I found it!” Reylor screeched popping up from under one of the couches. She bound over to the mini kitchen sink to sanitize the green pacifier.

“Whose baby is this?” I asked pulling the baby from my shoulder and laying him on my lap. His green eyes were bright and contrasted from his skin, his fingers in his mouth. I looked over to the other couch to see another little boy sitting there quietly, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. “And whose kid is this?”

Jeremy came from the other side of the couch plopping next to me, a big wet stain on his gray t-shirt. “This is my sister’s son Hayden,” He gestured to the baby in my lap, “And my other nephew Matthew.” He pointed to the older boy in eating the sandwich. “She needed me to watch him for a couple of hours while they went to open up a new Coffee shop in San Diego. They’ll be here in like another hour; they’re already on their way back.”

“They were sleep for the two hours they’ve been here, and then they just woke up 30 minutes ago. Hayden was crying and Matt just was just hungry.” Tristan shrugged.

Reylor brought over the pacifier placing it in the baby’s mouth. He removed his fingers and looked up at me. Reylor had a huge stain on her light blue cardigan. When she noticed me looking she glared at the baby “The little monster threw up all over me.”

I laughed and looked for Hunter who was now in the kitchen with Matthew making another PB and J sandwich. I smiled when I saw him tickle the little boy, causing him to erupt in laughter. Well that was super attractive of Hunter.

Matthew looked about 2 years old while Hayden was probably almost one.  Jeremy took the baby from my arms and Hayden looked up and chewed on his pacifier wrong because then he started wailing.

“What’d you do to him?” Cj accused, pointing his finger at Jeremy.

“What? Nothing, nothing—I just grabbed him from her.”

“Then give him back,” Hunter suggested from across the room, calmly.

Jeremy quickly shoved the baby back into my arms, but he still cried. Peter rubbed his temples before getting up and grabbing the baby bag that was filled with different things. I pushed Jeremy off the couch and laid Hayden down first checking his diaper—which was clean. Then I tried giving him a bottle, but he didn’t want it. I tied patting again but that was no use.

Hunter was in the freezer and pulled out a blue ice ring. “What’s this?”

“Oh, his mom said something about teething. I don’t know what it is. She just said stick it in the freezer.” Jeremy replied from the floor.

“You idiot,” Hunter said kicking Jeremy in the stomach while he sat on the other side of me. “He needs to chew on this because his gums are hurting.”

I put the teething ring to the baby’s mouth and he immediately latched onto it, his tears subsiding. The gang sighed in relief.

“Soo the school’s field trip is coming up,” Anna brought up wiping the jelly from the little boy’s hands.

“Cool, our school is going too.” Reylor beamed bringing her knee high-sock covered feet into the chair with her.

“We’ll meet you guys there.” Peter pitched in, Jeremy merely nodding in agreement.

The surrounding high schools did this annual field trip for all the seniors. We’d ride a bus to San Diego and enjoy our time there. It was like a senior trip that was sponsored by the school. They provided the hotel and the food, and we just had to go into town ourselves.

Not all the seniors wanted to go, so there was a choice. Either four days off school, or the trip, most people saw it as an all expense paid trip, but some saw it as being forced with people they didn’t like. So we had a choice.

Shit, I forgot to ask Hunter about what made him so down earlier. And I forgot to tell Anna and Reylor about Hunter and I's kiss.

He said, "Let's get out of this town, drive out of this city, away from the crowds". I thought, heaven can't help me now. Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down. He's so tall and handsome as hell. He's so bad, but he does it so well. I can see the end as it begins. My one condition is say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe. Red lips/say you'll see me again. Even if it's just in your Wildest dreams/ I said, "No one has to know what we do"  His hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room. And his voice is a familiar sound, nothing lasts forever. But this is getting good now.-Taylor Swift, Wildest Dreams 

This song was perfect for this chapter and right on time! Crazy part is that I had this scene written way before this song was ever heard, but it came at the right time!

I hope this chapter lived up to your expectations and you melted in your seats for while it lasted lol. I know, I know it took forever! But remember this doesn't necessarily change anything. There's still MANY chapters till Chasing December is over. Sorry it wasn't very eventful, kinda just a filler in a way to show they're getting closer.

What was your favorite part?(I think I know the answer) Did you like the kiss scene? What do you think about Ryan's warnings? What do you think he's warning December about? Do you hate December? Do you think Hunter's response about the kiss was real? Do you love/hate his response?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 13 27
"Like I said... you want me." I stepped towards the door and looked back. I'll be leaving now, you know staying the hell away from you like you "wan...
400K 10K 44
"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you whøre behind my back!" He shouted a vein...
85.7K 1.9K 12
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...
184K 5.7K 15
Disclaimer: this book ended up being more fluffy than smutty coz I lost inspo...I'm sorry 🥺👉🏾👈🏾 MORE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: this book is a mess...