Bulletproof | A BTS Gang AU

By Joonies_noona

Completed 2/22/20 Sequel out now! Check out House of Cards! Morgan is a fighter. For the last year she's had... More

From the Author
Old Covers
1: Where Did You Come From
2: Embarrassed
3: Expectation
4: Coffee
5: Jump
Fire
8: House of Cards
9: Save Me
10: Stigma
11: Magic Shop
12: I'm Fine
War of Hormone - Part I
War of Hormone - Part II
Rain
Do You
Awake
Singularity
Her
We Are Bulletproof
Begin
21st Century Girl
Persona
Crack
Flying
The Truth Untold
No More Dream
Dream Glow
Fake Love
Mic Drop
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
Go Go
Author's Notes
Dionysus
Bonus Chapter - Adult Child
Danger
Dark & Wild
Attack on Bangtan
Black Swan
Thank You

6: Not Today

6.7K 357 56
By Joonies_noona

I rode in a car with Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi. As I watched, the younger three laughed and joked around with each other, pouring shots of liquor and throwing them back quickly while Yoongi just watched the city fly by around us with his head in his palm and a finger hooked around his lips. I had the feeling he was there more as a babysitter than anything else. But despite my exhaustion and achy feet, I found myself laughing from time to time. Even Yoongi threw his head over his shoulder and cracked a gummy smile a time or two. They were an infectiously fun bunch when they weren't busy being intimidating.

Jimin and I sat with our backs toward the driver. When Jungkook poured another shot of the clear liquid in an exquisitely cut-glass decanter, he handed it to me with that devilish smile that was becoming harder to resist.

"Drink up, beautiful. You never know what kind of fun an auction night is going to bring."

My eyes widened, both in response to him calling me beautiful and to the idea that something crazy might happen. I tossed the shot back, enjoying the smooth burn of it flowing down my throat. I'd had alcohol before when I'd lived in a commune of other homeless for a couple weeks before I fought off a guy for stealing my stuff and the others kicked me out for it. What they had had was homemade out of some rotten fruit in an old barrel and wasn't nearly as good as what those guys were currently knocking back. I'd even heard one guy had died from whatever they'd tried to concoct in that back alley.

When you're facing down an eternity on the streets, though, sometimes you'll turn to anything to kill the pain of your desperation. Even if it might kill you in the process.

When we pulled up in front of the tall building, I tried to duck down to see all of it. It wasn't the building Taehyung and I had come to earlier to shop in, but it wasn't one I was otherwise familiar with, either. One by one, we each filed out of the car and stood on the sidewalk as we waited for the other car to pull in. Jin, Namjoon, and Hobi stepped out of their car looking like a trio of movie stars as they buttoned their tux jackets back up. I bit my lip and held onto the clutch I'd been given like it was a life jacket and I was about to get shoved overboard. Our cars pulled off just as another set was pulling up.

This group was larger than ours, but the men and women that got out were no less glamorous. I noticed one man, in particular, with longer red hair and the most seductive smile I'd ever seen on a person in my life. Even considering Jungkook. His eyes locked with mine and I thought I would melt right there. He tapped the guy beside him and nodded over at us with his head. The other guy was attractive, too, with his shiny black hair and bright smile, but the magnetism of the first was as captivating as the sun. I had to remind myself not to stare too long if I didn't want to get burned. They started to make their way over to where we stood and I felt the men I'd come with close ranks around me.

"Kai," Namjoon said, holding his hand out to the seductive stranger with the maroon hair. "Pleasure to see you again."

"You too. We would never miss one of your auctions. I've got my eyes on a katana you have listed anyway."

"Oh, the Muromachi piece? Yes, it'll make a fine addition to your collection. Suho, thank you for coming." Namjoon shook the other man's hand as well. They seemed to be on good terms with each other, but one could never tell with the criminal element. They'd happily shake your hand with the same one they used to slit your throat in my experience. "How's your father?"

"He's doing well, thank you. He sends his warm regards." Suho's eyes glittered as he greeted Namjoon before they focused on me again. "And who is this you have here? I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting her before."

I took the hand he offered, giving it a firm shake as I tried to control the trembling. I wondered how many people had died at that hand. His eyes widened for a moment, probably shocked that I'd shaken his hand rather than simply given it to him to kiss like a refined woman would be expected to do. I bit my lip and cursed myself internally. Slip ups like that could get me killed. If Suho cared, though, he didn't show it. He simply brought my hands up to his soft lips anyway, bowing slightly. When my eyes flicked up to Kai's they were burning down on me like all the fury of a supernova.

I felt Namjoon's hand on my back, almost possessively. "This is Morgan. She's our new pet."

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end at Namjoon's term for me, but I made no outward indication that he'd pissed me off. I was playing a game with my life and my poker face was the only play I had. Kai licked his lower lip and I was sure Namjoon could feel me tremble. He was sex on legs and dammit if I didn't want a taste.

"Well, if you decide to share, please let us know," Suho said. My body warmed at the implication and I hated myself for responding that way.

"Of course. You'll be the first."

"Gentlemen, the auction will begin soon," a younger man said as he walked through the glass doors to my left. He was very tall with black hair and a huge grin that took up most of his face. It was a stark contrast to the full tactical gear he wore rather than the designer suits of everyone else. An UMP9 with the folding buttstock was strapped to his leg and a black-sheathed Edo katana on his back. I had no idea how I knew any of that. "Please deposit your weapons in the lockers and find your seats."

"Thank you again for coming, Suho. We'll see you soon. Please enjoy yourselves this evening." Namjoon bowed his head respectfully as the rest followed suit. Kai turned to watch me as he walked away, smirking just before passing through the doors in a way that made my knees weak. As soon as he was out of sight, I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. The rest of their group followed behind. All the men were attractive and the women that came with them were just as beautiful, but they looked just as dangerous, too. At the end of their entourage was a group of bodyguards, obvious due to their own tactical clothing and weapons. One with red hair and piercing eyes nodded his head as he passed.

"Taeyong. Good to see you again, man," Jungkook said as he clapped the guy on the back and walked with him inside.

I looked up at Namjoon as we made our way in behind them. The corner of his lips turned up in a humorless half-smile. "Exo and their security team, NCT. We've worked with them on a few occasions. They aren't the worst as far as gangs go. Weapons dealings and drugs, mostly. But they're cunning and ruthless and have financial backers we could never dream of. They're our closest allies for right now, but..." his voice trailed off.

"In the matters of gangs, "allies" only lasts as long as the next deal," I said.

Namjoon looked down at me curiously before nodding. "Exactly."

We made our way to a bank of elevators that a crowd of people had gathered around, but walked past them to a stairwell. Hobi stepped up beside me as I looked woefully at the steps. "How far down are we going," I asked.

"A fair bit. You okay," Hobi asked with a ghost of a smile on his lovely face.

"Yeah, my feet just hurt."

"Sorry. We don't get into elevators around the other gangs. Confined, indefensible space that's easily sabotaged. I could carry you, if you want?"

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "No, I'll be fine. Thank you, though."

"No problem," he said before bounding down the steps. I braced my hands on the handrail and followed him as quickly as I could. By the time I reached the bottom, I was panting and nearly in tears from the pain, but I held my head high and refused to show it. The hallway we walked into was nothing like what I expected. Plush, dark carpet was at our feet while the walls around us dripped opulence and showcased priceless art everywhere you looked. Gilded columns and details lined the walkway to a set of double doors with two well-armed men standing guard on each side.

"Hongjoong, Seonghwa, glad to see you two tonight," Namjoon said, nodding to each man. I was going to need a cold shower after all this from all the handsome men around me. It was like a requirement or something. The shorter guy to the left, Hongjoong I guessed, gave me a huge, bright smile full of perfectly white teeth, while the other looked like he was bored out of his mind. I smiled up at him, but he just looked at me with a detached intensity that was a little unnerving. I could see why they gave him a gun. He looked...efficient.

The box on the other side of the doors looked down on the theater proper and was bounded on each side by tall, gray velvet curtains. The lighting wasn't garish, but was bright enough that we could see the seats and make our way around the smaller space. The men spread out in the double rows of leather chairs with Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi taking the front row. I started to sit in the back beside Jungkook when Namjoon turned and shook his head.

"Nope. You sit up here with me."

"I'm sorry? The only open chairs are back here."

He patted his lap and I raised an eyebrow. When I didn't move, his eyebrows shot up as his mouth dropped open a little. "You will come up here and sit. Now."

His tone was deep and ominous so I complied. He slipped his hand around my hip as I sat down gently while his other clasped my knee. I twitched slightly, but took a shaky breath and tried to control myself. He leaned forward and whispered in my ear.

"I need everyone to see you with me, obeying and pliant. Do not question my authority like that again or you'll find out how strict I can be."

I shivered at the thought and nodded weakly.

"I also need you up here so I can explain things to you as they happen. This is a dangerous world you've walked into, Morgan, and you need to be aware of the stakes as well as the procedure."

Before long, the curtain lifted and two young men walked out onto the stage with the first set of items to be auctioned. I watched carefully, taking note of everyone and everything around me, cataloging the memories in my mind. The katana Kai had mentioned on the street was the fourth thing to go up, which indicated that even with its astronomical value, it wasn't the big ticket item of the night. A few men and one silver-haired woman started to bid on the sword until Kai did. Then they all shut up and let him have it. I wondered what kinds of things he'd had to do to make even hardened criminals stop and bow down to him.

A few minutes after Kai won his sword, two men started to bid on the same set of jewels. Namjoon leaned forward to watch more closely, which put his face in line with my breasts, though he made no indication that he noticed. Of course my horny ass did, of course.

Voices raised and one guy threw a fist at the other, knocking him back into his crew. Grumbles spread around the room as people looked and craned their necks to see the action. Namjoon leaned back and snapped his fingers at Jungkook. I watched as the youngest grinned and hopped up on the balcony ledge. He turned around backwards and winked at me as he dropped to the floor below. I gasped and lunged forward, grabbing the wall. Jungkook looked up at me, winked again, and unbuttoned his jacket. He reached in the waistband of his designer pants and pulled out a small handgun.

"Yoongi, he might need backup," Namjoon said, unbothered.

"That boy is so dramatic. I fucking swear," Yoongi grumbled as he removed his own weapon and walked out the double doors. Like a sane fucking human. I leaned over the rail again and watched as Jungkook pushed people out of his way to get to the two men that were outright fighting in the seats. Their crews were jumping into the fray and fists were flying everywhere.

Jungkook got an errant elbow to the nose and I gasped. He held his nose and when he pulled his hand away, it was bloody. Even from above, I could see his rage. He pulled his fist back and hit the guy, hard, dropping him to the floor. He shoved his way to the center to the men that had started the fight and tried to pull them apart, but they were like two dogs going for each others' throat. Yoongi was coming up around the other side. I heard Jungkook yell that he was going to shoot when I saw the flash of metal in one man's hand. He apparently hadn't turned in his weapons like he was supposed to.

"Jungkook! Watch out! Gun," I yelled over the edge. He didn't look up at me and tried to see who I was yelling about but he couldn't get a good line of sight from his position. The man raised his hand, pointing his gun at Jungkook and I screamed, reaching out and trying to throw the man back with my power, but it was chaotic and hard to control. When the shot rang out across the theater, my heart stopped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 8.4K 44
"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I was immediately pushed by Jungkook, causing me to fall on my butt while Jungkook rushed towards his father, checking whether is...
13.2K 1K 39
~ Nerds To Be Mafia Kings? ~ - By AlwaysDifferent_ Highest Ranks: #1 out of 248K on BTS 🥇 #1 out of 121K on Jimin🥇 #1 out of 92.3K on Hate🥇 #1 out...
178K 6.9K 62
"I can't look at you," his voice trembled with a painful vulnerability, "And not remember the sweet betrayal, Y/N," "I am sorry for betraying you, Ju...
430K 11.4K 30
Y/N a cold, depressed and a savage girl who have a bitter past. She lived with her mother but what will happen if one day her mother will get married...