Hold On ·Will Byers x Reader·

By -honeyybae

Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. ************************* "Don't you trus... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Sequel Out Now!

23

5.2K 169 144
By -honeyybae

WILL POV

Damn it! Y/n's radio died and I couldn't find my own. I sighed and slumped against the branch wall of Castle Byers. I grabbed another Twinkie from the box and stuffed the whole thing in my mouth.

"Now all I can do is sit here and get fat."

I was reaching for more of the fatty snack cakes when I heard a noise. However, this noise was different. It wasn't like any of the monsters' growling.

"He-hello?"

I crept to the entrance of my fort, peeking from behind the sheet covering. Another growl was heard, but I couldn't see anything. I crawled outside and slowly stood up, searching the view for what it was.

"Who's there?!"

No one answered. I circled Castle Byers to be sure there was nothing lurking around. I sighed, hesitantly deciding it was probably just the wind, only to realize that there was no wind blowing.

"Y-y/n? Is that you?"

Then I heard it again. I walked slowly towards the sound. Though I couldn't see anything because the sky seemed to get darker and more foggy as I continued.

"Hello? Is anyone out th-?"

I was cut off mid-sentence by a growing shadow that appeared to swoop over the sky's horizon. It seemed to go after me, it's long, tentacle-like arms reaching down towards me. I gasped, turning on my heels and sprinting back to Castle Byers.

It started to rain then, and once I made it back to Castle Byers, I turned back to see the shadow figure was gone. I sighed, now soaked because of the heavy downpour. I crawled back into my corner, curling up into a ball and hugging my knees to my chest. I turned over a bit and looked at the floor. I started to cry again. I was completely terrified and had no hope of getting back home.

I cried a little harder until my head began to hurt. I felt like such a crybaby, but I was scared for my life nearly every second of being down there. I thought I was going to pass out from the headache when I heard another noise. It wasn't a demogorgon, and it wasn't the shadow creature.

"Will?" I heard a soft voice whisper.

The girl paused and placed her arm on my shoulder.

"Your mom... s-she's coming for you." she stated.

"Hurry," was all I could mutter.

"Ju-just hold on uh-a l-little longer. Will. Will?" she shook my shoulders.

"I'm trying," I tried to tell her.

But then, all at once, the girl disappeared, like a slow puff of smoke. I coughed a little, feeling my throat become dry and hoarse. I started to cry again until sleep washed over me, commanding my body to enter power saving mode.

But even as I fell asleep, I couldn't get the girl's words out of my head:

"Your mom, she's coming for you..."

What about y/n? What about them trying to get us back home? Did they have something to do with this? Did they even know?

I wanted, more than anything, to be back home with my family and friends, but I couldn't just leave y/n here. I couldn't leave the one person who had stuck with me this whole time. The only person who got stuck while trying to help me.

"Will... Will?" I heard a voice sing out.

I rubbed my eyes, lifting my head to see y/n sitting next to me.

"Y/n!"

I quickly sat up and wrapped my arms around y/n, squeezing them in a tight hug.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're okay," I breathed out.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"Wait, what are you doing here?"

I pulled away from the hug, staring at y/n in both confusion and excitement.

"I told the demogorgons I needed to go for a walk to think. And that I wanted to see you," they shrugged.

"And they just let you go?"

"Not really. They said their boss didn't want me to leave, but I basically told them to suck it," y/n said with a laugh.

"How long have I been out?" I rubbed my forehead.

"I don't know, but you looked so peaceful sleeping when I got here. I almost didn't want to wake you."

"Well, I'm glad you did."

They pushed the hair from my forehead, smiling.

"I've really missed you, Byers. I know it's only been a couple days, but I really hated being away from you. I'm sorry I lied to you and created that stupidly insane plan and I definitely shouldn't have left you behind."

"It's okay, y/n. I know you just wanted to protect me."

"Yeah. Speaking of which, I probably have about an hour before the demogorgons hunt my down and drag me back to the lab," they laughed again.

I laughed too, but the smile on my face faded away as I processed what y/n had just said. I recalled them talking about how there was another monster in charge. I thought back to the shadowy figure from earlier.

"You okay?"

Y/n noticed to concentrated look on my face. They lifted my chin up, making me look at them.

"Will?"

"Do you know what this other monster looks like? The leader, I mean."

"Uh, no I don't. Why?"

"No reason. I was just curious."

I shook away any thought of the monsters and pulled them close. At that moment, I really just wanted to be with y/n. We laid there in Castle Byers, y/n laying on my chest as we listened to the rain outside.

"How's your leg?"

"It's fine," y/n shrugged. "It still hurts, but it's healing I think."

"Good."

It fell silent between us for a while.

"I'm gonna find us a way out of here, Will, I promise. Even if I have to destroy every single demogorgon there is. You're gonna make it home."

I kissed y/n's cheek, "I know. We both are. We're both gonna get out of here."

They reached up and traced shapes on my arm.

"I know this might be weird to say, but of all the people in Hawkins, I'm glad to be stuck in an alternate dimension with you, Will."

"There's no one else I'd rather be here with than you y/n. You make me feel safe."

"Me?"

"Yeah."

Y/n placed a quick peck on my lips before settling back down, nestling into my chest and wrapping their arms around my torso.

"I can't wait for all of this to be over," they whispered.

"Yeah, me too."

We ended up falling asleep listening to the rain. Despite the dreary, hopelessness of it all, the storms that came so often brought a sense of calm and peacefulness. I woke up an hour and a half later to the downpour that was still coming down from the sky. I sat up, noticing that y/n was gone, and in their place was a small note:

Back to work at the lab, I'll visit soon. Stay safe. I miss you.
Xoxo, y/n
P.S. there're extra batteries in my bag

Unable to hide the wide smile that crept onto my face, I tilted my head back and listened to the rain. I reached over for the y/n's walkie-talkie, digging in their bag for the extra batteries. I replaced the batteries in the radio and sat up, looking at a picture of me and the guys.

"We're coming back home, I promise," I spoke softly. "Once, y/n closes that gate it'll all be over."

I couldn't help but feel a little useless. There was nothing I could at the lab or with y/n and I had no idea of how to get us out of here. I mostly stayed in Castle Byers because I was scared, but let's face it, I probably wouldn't be of any use anywhere else.

Running my hands across my face, I stood up and walked outside. The rain had lightened up, the sky now a regular dull gray instead of its usual bright red.

"God, I hate it here," I groaned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 508 39
IF YOU'RE GOING TO READ, READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION!! THANK YOU |Ps: I wrote this almost 2 years ago, it was prior to Noah coming out. In the best att...
2.5K 212 16
ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵐⁱˡˡⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵒᶠ ᵐⁱˡᵉˢ ᵃᵖᵃʳᵗ, ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵘⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ʳᵉᵃˡⁱᵍⁿ. Steve Harrington (Stranger things) x Fem! OC Updates every F...
19.5K 455 27
Y/n L/n was experiment number 10. You escaped the lab when you were eleven. After walking a few miles, you passed out. When you came too, four boys w...
27.1K 474 39
Hawkins, Indiana. A quiet town where nothing happens. But with the disappearance of a boy named Will Byers also gives us the appearance of someone ne...