My Arrogant Boss

By IMAEntertainer

Jennie Kim is a young woman with high confidence, self-defense, and big heart has met many problems in her li... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thiry-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Epilogue
❤️ATTENTION❤️

Prologue

63K 928 176
By IMAEntertainer

WARNING: [ NO TRANSLATION OR ADAPTATION ALLOWED ] - Solely Created for Jenlisa💌

© IMAEntertainer 2019 ✔

*****

JENNIE

Working as a barista in a fancy coffee shop in Seoul is the only thing that makes me feel contented and warm at the same time because of earning enough money for a living. Also, I get to work with my best friend, who is a manager there.

Jisoo is the only person that I consider as my only family who I have and lean on since I was in eighteen years old. We studied at the same class in high school, and the most coincident thing is we were going to the same university.

That's why we are really closed now. She helped me to get a job and supports me every time. She's with me through thick and thin, up and down. Well, I really appreciate our friendship.

I live in a small apartment in Seoul; it's a little messed up there since I have no time to look after it, and honestly, I don't have enough money to get a better place; I can, but I would rather keep some money to help others, buying foods and drinks for people who really need it.

Jisoo always insists on staying with me, helping me with the rental fee, so I can live in a much better apartment than this one, but I deny it, of course, because I don't want her to be away from her parents.

I know her parents very well, and they love Jisoo very much that they don't want her only daughter to be away which I understand very well, so I decide to live alone instead of breaking a family, right?

Putting on a thick jacket, I walk to my coffee shop where I work since it's located across my apartment. My work shift starts at 10:00 A.M and ends at 6:00 in the evening. I arrive at my work place ten minutes early, so I have some time to prepare myself. I smile at my thought.

"Morning, Jen." My best friend greets me, smiling at me from ear to ear as I've already taken off my jacket and put an apron on instead.

"Morning, Chu." I greet back, showing my famous gummy smile to my best friend.

Jisoo and I are always like this since we knew each other. She loves making a joke to make me laugh all the time. Even by looking at her, I can smile.

Can't help, her face is kind of funny to me. In a good way. Without her, I don't know what to do because she is the only person I have.

Well, if you ask me about my parents, I don't know about them, either. I am still oblivious about that, too. One day, my parents gave me to the owner of one bakery shop since I was ten.

I worked in a bakery shop, assisting a manager by putting bread, cakes in order, and even cleaning the shop. I live with the owner since then.

I worked my ass off in that bakery; luckily the owner of the shop pity me, giving me enough money for going to school. If it's not, I wouldn't meet Jisoo at my twelfth grade.

Unfortunately, the bakery which I worked in, going bankrupt in my last year in university. I was anxious about my study at that time because I was afraid that I would drop off, but Jisoo helped me.

She helped me to find a place to live, offering me to work in the coffee shop I've been working until now, and finally, I was graduated successfully.

I want to find a new better job because I've already got my bachelor's degree, right? But Jisoo disagreed because she said she will be the one who helps me to find a job herself since she is a manager here, knowing a lot of people.

"Don't fucking touch me!! You are disgusting!!!!!!!" Someone shouts.

I immediately run towards the table, seeing an old man yelling at a young boy covered in dust all over his face. He looks like he is hungry now, but why that man shouted at him.

"What's wrong, sir?" I ask the old man in a worried tone.

"That stupid child wanted to get my wallet. He's trying to steal it." He answers in an annoying tone.

I kneel down in front of the child and ask, "Why did you do that? You know it is bad, right?"

He shakes his head, "I didn't want to steal it. I just ask him to give me some money, so I touch his thigh to-"

"You fucking lied!!!" Cutting him off from responding me, the man yells, gripping the young child with his strong hand,

"NO!!" The kid whines in pain.

"Tell the truth or you will die." The man shouts, still gripping his hand on the kid's arm.

"Enough, sir! He hasn't stolen your wallet, yet, has he? He's still a child, please try to understand." I suddenly speak in a high tone, making him shocked, and everyone is looking at us now.

He releases his hand from the child's arm and stands up instantly, looking at me in the eyes or rather glaring at me from head to toe, "So, what do you want to do with this child if I prove to you that he had an intention to steal my wallet?"

"Whatever, but now he didn't steal yours." I fire back.

He pushes the child away, grabbing my arm towards him, holding me in his arms like I were his girlfriend, "Are you sure?" He asks, showing me his mischievous grin.

I pull away from him immediately, knowing that this man is drunk because I inhale his breath unintentionally, "You are drunk, and I don't want to talk to you."

I am about to grab the child's hand with me, but he snatches my hand, making me gasp in shock.

"Where are you going, my naughty girl?" He grins again.

I push him away, landing my precious right hand on his ugly left cheek, making everyone look at me like I just kill someone in this coffee shop. When he is about to slap me back, I catch his hand and hit him again, this time, on his right cheek.

He grabs my collar and about to punch me when Jisoo arrives, "Stop, sir. I will call the police if you hurt her."

Releasing me, he looks at Jisoo in disbelief, "Then, call them. I will sue this bitch. Who is she to slap me, huh? Oh, and I will make sure she'll get fired and live in the prison." He smiles wickedly at Jisoo's expression.

"NO! She's not! She didn't slap you. Right, Jennie?" She turns her attention back at me, pleading me that it isn't true.

I don't reply, not knowing what to say to her. I know that this coffee shop is strict, and even she is a manager, she couldn't help me.

"Please, tell me that's not true, Jennie. I will sue him back." She continues.

"It's true, Jisoo. I slapped him." I say, not looking at her.

"What?!" She asks, gulping back the fears in her eyes.

"HAHA! SEE! Wait, I'll call the police." That ugly man laughs in satisfaction.

"I am sorry, sir for my friend's behavior. Please, don't call the police. I'll make it up to you." Jisoo pleads, trying to make the man calm down.

"I am a man with fame and fortune, and your friend just came here and lectured me about this child's stupid behavior and slapped me in front of everyone." He says as he points to the child beside me.

"Tell me? How can you make it up to me?" He continues.

"The owner of this coffee shop is also my friend, or do you want to get fired, too?" He asks in a heavy sarcasm.

"Don't!!" I shout.

Suddenly, the police sirens have been heard. I touch Jisoo's shoulder and smile softly, "Don't worry, Chu. I'll be okay. Please, give the child some food, he is starving now."

I also give the child a smile, patting his head. I say, "I don't know you wanted to steal his wallet or not, but don't do it again, okay?"

He nods with a sad smile and hugs me, "Thank you." He looks at me, and some tears are falling down from his cheeks.

I wipe it away, "Don't cry. I'll go now. I'll be okay. Go with that Unnie, and you will get some food. I know you are hungry." I point at Jisoo who is still in shock of what happened.

I hug him one last time and stand up as the police arrive. They talk to the man for a moment. Then, they walk to me. I look away from Jisoo, not wanting to see her tears. I know she is crying now.

"Don't worry. I'll be okay." I tell her one last time before the police take me to their car in handcuffs.

"Jennie!!!" Jisoo yells at me, making me smile at her back to assure her that I am okay.

"I'll find a way to help you. Wait for me, okay?" She adds.

That's it.

That's the life of the poor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 9.8K 41
Synopsis: "Even though I'm not aware of what's going on around me, you might have at least given me the benefit of the doubt. A living being with emo...
329K 12.4K 64
[ EDITING ] "Jennie if you'll win, you're going to marry the prince." "But?" "Your family is more important than anybody else Jennie" The King of...
116K 2.6K 46
[GP] Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and established her own company without anyone's help...
1M 24.7K 41
Lisa Manoban is a womanizer, everyone is falling for her charisma. But what would it be if the day comes when she will taste her own poison. Jennie...