Must Love Dogs

By E_Ajanovic07

Now Rated M. Stefan Salvatore is a successful real estate owner with problems. An ex-wife who takes everythin... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Missing Scene: Trainer Girl
Chapter 40: Pesky Feelings
MLD: Missing Scene: Had You Stayed..

Chapter Thirty-Five

853 40 11
By E_Ajanovic07

A/N: Hey all. So, I know this update is a bit short. But, I wanted to write some cute Stelena after reading my TL on twitter and finding out that the TVD episode once again was a total shit fest! Anyways, this update is all Stefan and Elena. I will be getting back to Datherine and Klaroline in the next chapter. :)

Enjoy & Thanks so much for all the love you guys shower me with in regards to this story.

Must Love Dogs Chapter Thirty-Five

"Daniel." Stefan said, leaning against the kitchen counter and playing around with the toothpick in his mouth. Elena sat on the couch, her legs resting on the arm rest across from her as she flipped the baby book in her hands over and rested it against her stomach.

"Frank." She said flatly, hearing Stefan nearly choke on the toothpick. "That sounds like a mobsters name. I am not naming my son, Frank. He'll get his ass kicked out on the playground."

"Fine, how about.." Her voice trailed off as he watched her tap her fingernails against the hard cover of the book. "Sebastian." Elena simply stated, watching as Stefan rolled his eyes, slipping off his shoes and making his way to the couch Elena was laying on. He sat on the edge of the coffee table again, snatching the book away from her and flipping through a few more pages for himself until he spoke. "Sebastian sounds like something he can name his pet crab whenever we decide to get him one."

"Stefan! It's a cute name." Elena argued, rolling her eyes back at him and leaning back into the couch cushions. It had been a long day, and now and an even longer night. It was a little past 10:30 and Elena could hardly wait for this debate about baby names to be finished, they had been going at if for the last two hours. Elena turned her head slightly, staring at Stefan who was too engrossed into the baby names book which Bonnie had given them as a house warming gift and early baby shower present.

"Benjamin." Stefan suddenly blurted out, smiling at the name and turning to look Elena over as her eyebrows lifted. "What do you think about that name?" He asked as his hand slide off the page and he proudly grinned at her.

"Isn't that a clocks name in London or something? Klaus, would know. He'd probably also laugh if we named our son, Benjamin." Elena commented, shaking her head as she thought about Klaus and Caroline. She missed them, truthfully, she missed them all terribly and couldn't wait to have the baby so that they could move back to Florida, the place she had been the happiest.

"Fine. We'll have everyone call him Ben for short. But, his birth certificate will say Benjamin Salvatore." Elena sighed out deeply, reaching out her hand towards Stefan until he grabbed on to it and stroked the top of her hand.

"Okay. So, Ben Salvatore it is." Elena confirmed with a small smile, locking her eyes on to Stefan's green gaze and inhaling sharply as she added. "I've missed you so much." She watched him lean in towards her, kissing her cheek as he whispered into her ear. "I've missed you too."

Elena pulled back, securing her eyes on to him as she licked her lips and formed a serious facial expression. "You know the one thing we haven't done in our new place is christen it yet." Elena said with a mischievous stare as her nails racked across the back of Stefan's neck, the simple gesture sending goosebumps down his spine.

"Elena, a little reminder, babe. You are 7 months pregnant. Remember how we got into this whole thing to begin with?" Stefan asked her smirking, running his finger over her cheek while she blushed at the memory of them being together in his office and in the Porsche.

"Yeah. But, we could easily recreate all of that. You know, sex is perfectly fine when you're in the last stages of pregnancy." She argued. Not even really sure if that was true or not. But she was surely pretty damn desperate. Stefan noticed as she tried pushing herself up from the couch so that she could get closer to him. He stood up, brushing off his pants as he extended out his hands and helped her to her feet.

"It's your hormones going crazy." Stefan tried to reason with her, feeling her arms wrap around him, her stomach causing space between them as Stefan smiled down at her belly. "I don't want to hurt him or you." He said firmly, planting a kiss on her lips and taking a step back. Elena frowned, running her fingers through her hair agressively as he began walking away.

"But- where are you going?!" She stammered out, slowly walking behind him as he pivoted on his heels, unbuttoning a few of his buttons to his dress shirt.

"I was going to go shower, leave you to rest for a bit and think about what you just said to me." He added in, whistling out a breath.

"I'm not tired though." Elena whined, crossing her arms over her chest as Stefan slowly turned to lean his shoulder against the wall. He was smiling at her, trying his hardest to prevent himself from agreeing to what she had suggested earlier.

"Don't care. I'm going to go shower and when I come out of the shower, I want to see you in bed beside me, fully clothed or barely clothed. Your choice." He said playfully, watching Elena cover her mouth as she tried to stifle a laugh. "You sure you don't want company in the shower? Someone to scrub your back?"

"No." Stefan replied quickly, turning around and smiling to himself. He was playing hard to get and it was clearly driving Elena insane.

"Oh come on, I'll make sure to be gentle." Elena added, batting her eyelashes at him. Stefan reluctantly turned back around towards her, wiggling his index finger. "Nope. And, don't try to come into the bathroom while I'm in there, either. Remember, baby doll, I know all of your tricks and all of your games."

"All my tricks? I've got tricks and I play games. How so?" Elena asked him trying to act dumbfounded, shifting her weight as she placed her hands on to her hips.

"Care to explain that reasoning?" She added with a teasing tone, a sinister smile played across her lips as Stefan nodded, taking small steps back to her.

"Yeah, I'd love too." Stefan replied, smiling just as much as she was when he finally stood in front of her.

"Does it seem hot in here to you too or is that just my hormones?" Elena asked softly, moving her hands to the hem of her long stretchy yellow maternity top. She couldn't even see her damn feet, hell even trying to pull the top over her head was a challenge and just when she was about to abort her mission of trying to be sexy and undress herself for him. Elena felt Stefan's hands resting upon hers, lowering her shirt down.

"This is exactly what I mean. You are bad a propositioning me for sex." He laughed, moving her hands and placing them against the collar of his shirt as she felt his hands take over. "Allow me to show you how it's done." He whispering in a low raspy voice against her ear as she closed her eyes and breathed with an uneven breath.

"I." Stefan began to say, moving his lips to the base of her neck and leaving a gentle kiss there. Elena moved her neck to the side, allowing him to kiss the sensitive skin even more. He smiled against her flesh as he continued speaking. "Have." He added in, leaving another kiss. Elena sighed out a heavy breath, pulling him the closest that she could get him without feeling too far away as he kept working her up. "Missed. You." He said, backing away and hearing Elena choke out his name. But, the minute her mouth opened, Stefan placed his finger on to her lips and quickly replaced it with his mouth upon hers. "So. Much." He finished, backing away from her and turning to the hallway as he watched her stand frozen in the middle of the living room.

"That is how you rile someone up and watch their hormones go crazy. You darling, are clearly losing your touch." He winked, walking away from her and leaving her going crazy for his sweet caresses.

"I am not! Stefan, wait!" Elena was a bit pissed off when she shouted after him just as he placed his hand on to the door knob and turned to face her again when he heard her coming down the hallway and towards the bathroom.

"Yeah?" He asked her, attempting to hide the smile that was just slightly making it's way across his lips.

"I've missed you too!" Elena exclaimed, planting a sudden kiss upon his lips that made the door push back and they both stumbled into the warm feeling of the bathroom, hands roaming across their bodies in an attempt to take the fabrics off.

Elena's eyes shut the moment his lips kissed her shoulder. Stefan's fingers gently moved down to push back her long brown hair out of the way as he smiled against her flesh. "I love you so much." He whispered into her ear, taking another step backward while Elena turned to lock her eyes on to him and cupped his face into the palms of her hands. "I love you too." She stated, lifting up his chin with her fingertips as their lips met and she a left searing kiss on to his soft feeling lips.

Stefan's hands moved to the middle of her back, the fabric of Elena's shirt bunching up into them as he slowly began to remove it. She leaned against him, opening her eyes and watching his meet hers. "You're going to be an amazing father." She whispered in a sleepy tone as Stefan's hand moved a strand of her hair behind her ear again and he smiled sweetly. He took a moment to reply. But, when he finally did, Elena could hear the pure honesty in his voice. "And, you are going to be an amazing mother. I just know it. Our son is going to be one lucky baby." Elena's gaze followed the shirt in his hands, her shirt that he had finally managed to take it off as it fell to the ground. "You won't need that." He added in, bending over beside her and turning on the water, making sure it was warm Stefan stuck his hand underneath it and paused for a moment.

"Do you think that we're going to be alright?" Elena questioned with a hopeful glance as she watched Stefan unbutton his shirt, her heart racing when his stomach muscles tensed up with the feeling of her fingernails racking across his skin. Elena could her him inhale sharply when he glanced down at her and he said reassuringly. "We're going to be just fine, as long as we're together."

The tone in his voice made her heart race even more, his eyes full of admiration for the woman carrying his unborn son as she stood in a robe. Elena's hair was lowered and laying flatly across the hot pink robe the moment that Stefan turned back around and extended out his hand. "I know that I've said it before and I'm saying it again. I'm in this. I know that I wasn't before. But, I am in this because I don't want to give up on us anymore. You mean too much to me to throw what we have away." He replied, feeling her grasp on to his hand he carefully helped her into the bath tub.

"I think we should paint it blue. Like a light blue with dark gray line across it. Maybe even get one of those cute little rocking chairs in the corner of the room near the window so that we can open it up and listen to the birds every morning." Elena mused a few minutes later, leaning her head back against Stefan's shoulder when she lowered herself deeper into the tub. The white bubbles and warm water surrounding them made her sigh deeply as they both watched the popping of a few bubbles. Stefan laughed a little after he kissed the back of her neck. "We'd be hearing the traffic and smelling the food carts if we put the rocking chair near the window."

"Ha, okay. So, what do you suggest?" Elena asked him, feeling his hands tighten around her stomach and he kissed her shoulder, the small gesture sending a shiver down her back.

"I think we should move the crib closer to the door so that we can hear him when he starts to cry and then I think that the rocking chair should be in the middle of the room." He told her as Elena sighed, beginning to really tremble from the water that was beginning to get cold. They have been in the bath long enough for her hands and feet to start to look like shriveled up prunes. Although, neither of them cared because they'd been talking about the future, about all the things that both of them now seemingly wanted.

"We'll figure it all out. Let's just focus on the here and now." Stefan replied, kissing Elena's cheek and unraveling his arms away from her as she heard him point out simply. "It's getting late and you look exhausted."

Elena leaned back and out of the way as she watched Stefan exit the bathtub, suds were covering his toes when she leaned over and giggled. "I meant what I said about you being a great dad. I know that you're trying and I just, I wanted to say thank you." Elena stammered out as she watched Stefan wrap a towel around his waistline. He bent down towards her face and brushed his thumb against her cheek. "Thank you for staying." Elena choked out, tears streaming down her face which seemed to come out of nowhere as Elena felt Stefan's breath wash over her face when he added in quietly. "Always, I'd always stay for you."

Her voice broke the silent silence that had suddenly formed as she watched him walk to the bathroom door, a twinge of emotion escaped out while Elena said his name. "I wanted to stay for you. I never wanted to leave Florida after I met you, Stefan. I want you to know that I wanted to stay for you. But, Rebekah was tearing you apart and I couldn't stand by and watch her do it anymore. So, I packed my bags after we pushed each other away and I left because it was easier than watching you give up and her kill you alive. I want you to know that." Elena took a deep breath before she continued. "I'm not an easy person to love, neither of us are. But, along the way, I'm figuring it all out with you. I love you with my whole heart, Stefan Salvatore and I mean every word of it." She stated back at him, seeing him nod as he softly whispered out. "I know you did. And, I should have fought harder to keep you with me. But, that's why I'm here now, Elena. You won't get rid of me that easily. We're in this together now." He confirmed before excusing himself and leaving the room. Elena sunk back into the water as she watched the door shut and heard him saying that he was going to go get their bed ready and that if she needed anything to holler out his name.

A/N: Thoughts? What did you all think about the baby name? :)

Reviews and comments are always appreciated!

Follow me on twitter for updates at:BePassionate_24

-More to come!-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.2K 45
Amidst the unsuccessful search for the cure and difficult relationships, an unexpected event occurs. What happens when Bonnie's powerful magic gets o...
33.5K 739 20
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?
23.8K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
589 16 37
Natalia Scarlet Gilbert. The One who was washed away from The Gilberts. After hearing about her Parents accident. She decided to come back home to se...