His Playboy Ways

Por Bookworm_Tina

"Please don't leave." he pleaded. His once arrogant, obnoxious, confident gaze looked so vulnerable, helpless... Más

Hello California
Mr Cocky Jerk
A Sweet Gesture
Changing Rooms and an Old Friend
Mason Behaving Badly
Getting Even
An End of a Growing Friendship?
A Charitable Event
My Childhood Bestie
Deals and Bets
Carly in the Club
From Makeover to Boyfriend
Disaster Date
Down Memory Lane
** Authors Note**
Operation Breakup Part 1
Operation Breakup Part 2
Coming Clean
Back To His Playboy Ways
Daddy Mason and Mommy Carly
Too Many Doses of Drama
You're Not Alone
Pokerfaced Playboy
Something Like Déjà vu
Secrets out of the Turkey
Why So Distant Mr Playboy?
Hangovers, Shopping and A Surprise
The Playboy's Game
Standing As Strangers
The Breaking Point
The Sleeping Angel
A Fresh Start
Goodbyes Are Always Hard
Making it Memorable
An Unexpected Twist
Stuck In The Past
All Grown Up
The Doctor and The Playboy
Disclosure
Revelations, An Old Friend and Planning with the Playboy
A Little Like Old Times
Too Late For Confessions
A Twist Of Fate
This Was Meant To Be
Epilogue
Finding Something New - His Playboy Ways Extra
His Playboy Ways spin off
Author note

A New Beginning

198K 1.6K 274
Por Bookworm_Tina

First time reader check-in: 

Re-read check-in: 

Amazing trailer on the right by LikeaBlackbird

I looked at my room or what was to be my old room as of tomorrow. I had grown to love this place; it was my home, my haven. It took me almost one whole year to accept this place as my own.

Here I was about to start off again, life had been truly unfair to me, just as when I was to settle in one place I had to move again. My school, my teachers, my friends; I was going to miss all of them. I sighed as I put my book away; put out the lights and tucked myself under my covers. Tomorrow was going to a new day... a new beginning.

"Honey, get up it's already seven thirty." My mom said tapping me awake.

"Hmm... five more minutes, mom." I moaned in my sleep.

"Carly you have to get up, we don't have much time; it's going be a hectic day." My mom said.

I shot my eyes open and saw my mom smiling at me, she really was happy I could see it in her eyes.

"Oh yeah we moving today, I almost forgot." I said lowly.

"I'll get up." I said as I started sitting up.

My mom held my shoulders and sat down

beside me. "Honey, aren't you happy that your dad and I are getting back together?"

I smiled, "of course I'm happy mom, who wouldn't be happy that their parents are getting back together after four years."

I sighed, "It's just that I'll miss New York, my school, and all my friends. This place had become home for me too mom."

"It should be understandable for being a little disappointed leaving, right?" I asked.

"Of course sweetie, but California's your real and first home." she assured me.

"You were born and brought up there, you'll see that as soon as we reach you'll be smiling so much that your cheeks would hurt." My mom said pulling me into a small hug.

"Now come on, go shower while I whip you up some breakfast."

I nodded and smiled sweetly.

After a much needed hot shower I dressed into some denim shorts and a tank top. I had packed most of my clothes away so I only had a few out.

"Okay honey, I will." My mom said into the phone as I ate my cereal.

"Yes she's fine, and I will call you as soon as we reach."

"Bye see you, I love you too." My mom smiled as she hung up.

"Your dad's so paranoid." My mom said rolling her eyes.

I smiled to myself, hearing my mom say I love you to my dad again, made me want to jump with joy. My mom and dad had separated about four years ago; my dad was out on business too much and my mom got frustrated that he was never there for me and my mom.

So they had decided to take some time apart from each other. My mom and I had moved to New York since then. My brother stayed back in California with my dad, he had school to finish. I had just started high school so it was easy for me to move to another school. I had almost gone into a depression when we moved. I had become the new girl at school who hardly had any friends, and it took me almost a year to start becoming myself again. I had left everything behind in California. But here I was again starting over, only this time I was moving back home, back to my old school I was nervous at becoming the new girl again; the new girl at my old school was sure to be fun.

"Carly, Honey come on!" my mom shouted from downstairs.

I looked at my now empty room, I remember the first time I stepped foot in this room. I hated it, I wanted to be back in California; the only home I've known. Four years ago I dreaded being here and now five years later when I was going back to my old home I dreaded leaving this place.

This room held so many memories for me. I smiled to myself as I remembered when my friend Amy sneaked me out through the bedroom window for a party I wasn't allowed to go to; the time I was sick with the flue and she bunked school and we sat in bed all day watching chick flicks. I remembered when I was once upset with Blake and he threw stones at my window just to get my attention and apologize; but ended up breaking the window.

I laughed at that thought, how my mom got so mad and never allowed Blake to come over for a week. In this room Blake came out of our friend zone and asked me out. We shared our first kiss on my balcony.

"Carly!" my mom shouted once again.

Ignoring the numb, hollow feeling in my chest I shouted, "Coming!"

My heart felt shallower hearing my echo surround my now empty room, this home was now just an ordinary house.

I swallowed trying to hold back the tears that were now trying to escape, grabbed my purse and ran downstairs.

"Come on or we're going to miss our flight." my mom said as she started locking up.

***

'Click'

I heard the door shut, I looked at the house. I was sure to miss this place, miss my home, school, friends and New York in general.

I tried as hard as possible to hold back the tears. "Honey I know how you're feeling, but we going back home." My mom said.

"Our home; we're going to be a real family again." She smiled grabbing me into a tight hug.

I nodded and couldn't stop the few tears that escaped.

"Mom can't you reconsider letting me stay here on my own...just for this year?" I pleaded as we were driving to the airport.

"We already discussed this Carly." My mom replied sternly.

I sighed. "Mom it's just until I finish senior year. Can't you have a little pity for me?"

"You know how long it took me to adjust to the new school when we first moved to New York."

"I don't want to be the new girl again!" I said crossing my arms.

"I can't believe that you'd think I would even consider leaving you out here alone." My mom said.

"So you don't trust me then?" I asked sounding a little hurt.

"You know it's not about trust. You very well know I trust you." My mom said warmly.

"It's just I want us to be a family again, your dad wants you around."

"And you're not going to be the new girl again, it's your old school, all your friends and teachers are the same as when you left."

"You'll see as soon as you step into school, everyone will recognize you." She smiled.

"Yeah right!" I said under my breath.

My mom was right I was going to be back at my old school. When I left I was in the eighth grade, I had just started high school and had to move to a new one. Now here I was going back to my old school as the new girl in senior year. Talk about a complicated life.

One thing my mother was wrong about was that no one would recognise me, when I left I was the chubby tom-boy that had nothing but a big mouth. I was known as a bit of a fighter and getting into trouble for pranking and fighting with the cheerleaders. My best friend was a guy, and I mostly hung out with guys. I was one of the guys.

So much has changed in four years, now I'm the quiet, shy nerd; whose grades are important and wouldn't even look at a guy. I had lost all my weight about two years ago, and thanks to puberty my appearance had changed drastically. When I visited my dad last summer he couldn't recognize me at the airport when he came to receive me.

I only ever had one boyfriend and that was Blake, we broke up a few months ago. Learning that I was moving away we both had a mutual agreement that the long distance thing wouldn't work out so we decided to just remain friends.

I was your average looking girl, I had long straight brown hair that almost reached my elbows, deep chocolate brown eyes that was most of the time covered by my glasses, I was pretty average in height at 5'6". I had become pretty petite over the years. So as for my friends recognizing me, was almost impossible.

It was time to board the plane; I could feel myself feel sad and happy at the same time. I was sad because I was to leave New York, but a small part was happy for going back to California.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the seats head rest as we were thousands of feet above sea level; hearing the sound of the airplane engine calming my nerves.

I had one best friend that I had always kept in contact with from California, Amber. She was my best friend from the time I could remember. We always texted and e-mailed each other, she was one of the reasons of me being glad to returning home. I wondered if I would remember all my guy friends that I hung around so much, I hoped I would and things could be normal again.

I however had a strong feeling that most of them I wouldn't recognize, worst of all I feared that they had changed and were no longer as how I remembered.

I heard from Amber that there were a good few man whores who played around with girls just to get into their pants. New York had a few of those, but I always avoided them, so it was no big of a deal.

Thinking so much and hearing the monotonous sound of the airplane engine made me drift off into a deep sleep.

"Hey stop!" I heard a child's voice calling.

I took in my surroundings I was at the beach, Malibu beach to be exact. I was running with a small bucket in my hand and giggly away. I was seven years old again and a little boy was running after me sounding angry.

I ran and ran, with continuous giggling. I enjoyed teasing this little boy. He finally caught up with me and breathing heavily stood in front of me.

His hands were on his knees as he tried getting his breath back. I was still laughing like a maniac. After five minutes of gaining his breath he said, "You're a meanie! How can you take something that's not yours huh?"

I took in his appearance, he was much shorter than me, he had little freckles on his nose and wore glasses. His hair was a very dark blonde or a very light shade of brown, but when I looked closer he had beautiful sea blue eyes that were hidden under his glasses. Those eyes sure were going to get him somewhere one day I thought.

I crossed my arms and said, "No you're the meanie, you didn't want to share your sand bucket with me!"

"That's because you didn't ask!" he said in a duh tone.

I batted my eyelashes and asked sweetly, "So if I asked would you have let me share it with you?"

He looked serious for a while then turned it into a smile and said, "Sure, my grandpa always says sharing is caring."

"Yay" I cheered and we made our way to his little spot where he was building his sand castle.

After an hour of dead silence from building out sand castle i said, "Wow I castle looks so pretty!"

"Yeah it does, but not as pretty as you." He said blushing when he placed a small peck on my cheek.

I smiled probably looking as red as tomato from blushing. I giggled and said, "Let's be friends?"

He nodded smiling and shook my hand as I said, "My names Carly, what's yours?"

"Hi Carly, My names..."

"Carly! Carly! Carly!" my mom shook me.

"Hmm... My names..." I moaned.

"Carly honey we're about to land." My mom said.

"Huh?" I asked confused as I opened my eyes.

"Ladies and Gentleman please could you fasten your seat belt as we are about to land in five minutes. We hope you had a pleasant flight with us." I heard the flight attendants voice through a speaker.

I opened my eyes fully and fastened my seat belt. We were finally about to land. I was almost home, my home, the place I was born and grew up in.

"You ready?" my mom asked smiling broadly.

I nodded smiling.

"Carly what were you mumbling about your name when I was trying to wake you up?" Mom asked.

"Huh, oh yeah I was having a dream, I was at the beach and there was this little..." I started.

"Okay you can tell me when we get home, we've landed and it's time to get off the plane." Mom smiled.

"Sure!" I smiled back.

I smiled to myself remembering my dream; I had remembered the little boys face. I knew it was just a dream but it seemed so real, like it really happened. Maybe if I had gotten to the part where he was about to tell me his name, I would've recalled something.

I sighed and stood up getting ready to get off the airplane. This was it, a new beginning for me, I was back home. Who knew what California had in store for me!

Okay so this is just the beginning so bear with me, the first chapter is always a little crappy. But anyhoo lemme know what you guys think.

*Hugs*

Tina

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

834K 24.6K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
1.3K 121 34
"I pray that the last time I said goodbye was not meant forever." *** Growing up with a single parent with not much money to spare wasn't particularl...
237K 7K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
534K 10.4K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...