Ghost Bird The Academy: James...

By lexiloo7

What if a second bird was joining Sang and the Academy boys. Sang and James are like night and day. Winter an... More

Birds and Dogs.
+ More cast.
Making Friends? The Mall: Revised.
Greg Strikes again.
Cuddles, Emotions and Trust.
Phone calls and Texts.
Victor
Meeting the Good Doctor
Good Eats.
Sir Luke Enters.
Not an update: Authors Note!
Error: About Veronica
Solitude, Was The Only Ending To Her Story.
Sean
Authors Note.
Kota
Luke
A Crack In The Glass Was Fixed
Human Again.
Sang
My Destiny As An Awful Cook.
Guide.
Things Go Wonderfully Right; Or Horribly Wrong.
North
Welcome To Hell.
Bang Bang He Dead
Tuning In On: Chaotic Stupidity.
Housebound.
Friday's Are For Falling.
Falling Off The Edge
Unknown Territory
Raindrops Lashed Down
Talking Is A Crime.
Friend Zone? Maybe?
Guide+Nicknames+Birthdays.
Birthday Party Bitches
We're Walking Into The Woods...
Shopping And Jealousy.
Circle Of Idiots.
Gabe
Helping A Broken Bird.
Emotions can be difficult.
And I'd Do It Again.
Not An Update: Authors Note
To The Office We Go
Interlude
James Can Breakdance. Period.
Is This A Date?
Chicken Nuggets For The Win.
Intense Is Putting It Lightly.
Nathan
Silas
Kota
Owen
Bad Moods, and Sweet Truths.
Self Defense
Homeward Bound
Welcome To Bob's Diner

You get a Phone! You get a Phone! And you get a Phone!

3.3K 150 46
By lexiloo7

James had just gotten into Avery's taxi. She had been getting rides from Avery for about a year now. He was always super friendly and made good conversation, and since James had become a regular customer he gave her a good deal which she appreciated.

"Where too little red?" Avery asked as she hopped in the car a large smile on her face.

"Sunnyvale court," James said sweetly "I'm meeting some friends!"

Avery's smile matched her own watching her as she bounced in her seat.

"Hell ya James good for you," he said, "bout time you made some friends" he teased making her laugh.

"Yeah yeah yeah, just drive!"

"Excited are we?"

"Yeah," she said softly "very excited."

After that James stared out the window making comments here and there but overall she was lost in thought. Yesterday Sang had apologized to her about a dozen more time before realizing the time and saying she had to get back home before dinner. Not too long after that James decided she better take off as well. She then had an awkward conversation with Victor and Kota and she explained to them she couldn't give them her number because she didn't have a phone and there was no way she would give them her house phone number. Kota then asked if she wanted to come by the following day so that way they could talk and she could meet some of there brothers. James agreed, and then she spent over ten minutes arguing with Victor about how she didn't need a ride because she had places to be. It was exhausting and if James had to spend another minute hearing about southern gentleman and their ways she was sure to explode.

James blinked back to reality as Avery started back up another conversation, leading her to ask how his week been and hearing of all his favorite crazy taxi goers he had. It was a good conversation and she was glad for it. It also gave her the time to relax slightly her nerves had been building up as they got closer and closer to Kota and Sang's neighborhood.

The car ride created a comfortable atmosphere and James was glad. She thanked Avery profusely giving him his amount owed and stepped out of the car waving to him slightly as she watched him pull away.

She walked to the front door of Kota's house and knocked fidgeting as she waiting to see her new friends. James was bubbling in excitement and nerves.

A young girl answered the door, pink glasses framed her face. Long brown hair fell over her shoulder. As James took in her face she noticed the girl had similar features to Kota and it made her smile. Cute, Kota's got a sister. At least that's what she assumed.

"Hi! My names James I'm Kota's friend." James said kindly as the girl watched her although James noticed that her eyes seemed a little sad and it made her wanna frown.

"Oh hi," she said quietly "I'm Jessica Kota's sister he's in his room you can go right up." James nodded watching as the girl started to walk away.

She reached out and grabbed her hand making Jessica stop "you seem a little sad is everything okay?"

Jessica blinked at the question "why do you care?" Jessica asked her

"Kota's important to me and your important to him that means your important to me too," James said "so if you want to talk I'm here to listen."

Jessica seemed to be hesitating so James gave her what she hoped was a kind smile "How about we can go into your room and you can paint my nails or something and will talk."

"Don't you wanna go meet up with Kota and the others?" Jessica asked

James laughed shaking her head as she grabbed the girls hand "Nah they can wait, now c' mon!"

James watched as a small smile came on Jessicas face as she let the girl pull her into her bedroom both girls took a seat on the floor as Jessica walked around before pulling out a few different colors of nail polish.

James was excited she had never had her nails painted before, she knew that girls seemed to do that it books and movies and she was glad to see that her idea made Jessica happy.

"What color would you like?" Jessica asked her James's eyes widened at the variety of choices. " I know there's a lot, Gabriel got them for me and he tends to go all out when buying stuff."

"Who's Gabriel?" James asked finally deciding on a bright yellow paint and a black paint handing them to Jessica. "Can you paint some nails yellow and a couple of them black?"

"Sure," Jessica said, "Gabe is one of Kota's friends he's coming over today I'm sure you'll meet him."

"Cool," James said watching Jessica paint her nails intently "So What has you down in the dumps?"

Jessica frown returned "There's this girl," she said softly "at school that I really like she asked me on a date but I'm nervous I don't know what to wear or what mom will think or Kota! I know they love me and would do anything for me and that this wouldn't matter but it's still scary! I don't know what my friends will say or the people at school. And just...."

James gave her a soft smile "I can't tell you what they will say I've never met your mom but I'm sure she loves you a lot" Jessica nodded her head in agreement "and Kota is amazing I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept you for you but here's the thing even if they didn't, no one else's options matter you do what makes you happy and you stay truthful and kind and you will be amazing okay? If the kids at school don't like you then screw them okay? You be you, and if you like this girl then go be with her!"

Jessica smiled and James thinks she did well because the sad look in her eye wasn't as strong anymore.

"I can help you pick an outfit too! Where do you plan on going?" James asked kindly watching as all the tension and nerves left Jessica shoulder as she started talking about her date.

James ended up staying with Jessica for about half an hour talking and joking pointing at different outfit choices because her hands were still wet. She watched as Jessica laughed playing trying on a couple of things.

After they found her the perfect outfit James was surprised as Jessica gave her a big hug. She blinked before wrapping her arms around the girl.

"Thanks, James your cool," Jessica said, "I appreciate you helping me."

"It was no problem this was fun! If you ever need to talk let me know okay sweetie?" Jessica nodded at James question making her smile.

"J&J" James said holding her hand out to the girl Jessica looked at her confused so she explained "Its short for James and Jessica! We're new friends, right? We need nicknames!"

Jessica beamed at her reacting the phrase "J&J, I like it!"

James said one more goodbye to Jessica hearing voices and she walked upstairs to Kota's room "Hey Kota!" James spoke loudly "Jessica let me in said I could come up."

James froze as she looked into the room she saw Sang sitting on the bed curling in on herself, Kota was sitting in his computer chair and thereby the window was a boy with wet red hair, he looked very muscular and had a grin on his face he was wearing t blue  skin-tight athletic shirt and a pair of gym shorts. He was very well built, all of the guys were and it made James have to constantly fight back a blush.

James turned her head back to Kota seeing him smile at her "Hey James! How are you?" He asked kindly but James just stared at him eyes wide.

She opened and closed her mouth a few times before finally settling on "Kota you bitch!" Kota blinked at her in confusion and she pointed at him profusely. "You didn't tell me you know any other redheads!"

She bounced over to the redhead sitting by the window throwing herself next to him. James felt eyes on her but she was solely focused on the fellow redhead before her.

James grinned "Hiya! I'm James! Finally nice to see a fellow redhead would you care to join my club?"

The boy before her blinked in confusion "your club?"

"Ye-p!" James popped the P loudly "Redheads only." The boy grinned amusedly.

"Is that so?" He questioned James nodded seriously.

"Weekly meetings I'm afraid, but it's worth it the club president is great."

"Who's the club president?" He asked

"Me silly," James said poking his nose "now do I get a name or should I just call you red" she joked

The boy laughed his voice was deep and pleasant James decided she liked the sound "I'm Nathan"

"Nathan, hmm I like it." James said nodding "So is there a reason why your hairs wet?" She asked looking between Sang and Nathan with narrowed eyes.

Sang gave the girl a bright smile as Nathan answered: "We ended up going for a swim." James shook her head grinning at them and then ruffling Nathan's hair up making it go in every direction.

Then she stood up throwing her arms around Kota.

"Kota! I'm sorry for calling you a bitch." James said squeezing him tightly "I got excited"

Kota chuckled his nose finding her neck "you are a very interesting person James."

"You'll never get used to it," James teased him poking him in the side before letting go.

"Sang sunshine," James said as she smiled at the beautiful blonde "how are you doing?"

"I'm okay," Sang's voice croaked as she talked making James freeze noticing her panic sang spoke again "Kota looked over my throat it's fine just needs some rest, it was my um, my mom."

James's eyes flared in anger as she looked at Sang before turning to Kota "Her mom made her drink lemon juice and vinegar. Silas called her house and Snag answered her punishment was what her mom gave her." The boys looked just as angry as James and she could tell it was putting Sang on edge.

James was slightly shocked that Silas had called Sang's house, her heart hurt a little that he didn't care to contact her before she remembered he wouldn't have a way to reach her. As she thought about she felt guilty, how could she even think about that when Sang was in pain. The more she thought about Sang the more she thought about Sang's stepmother and she felt her anger flare.

So James forced herself to relax "Your mother is a bitch Sang," she watched as Sang's eyes found her watering slightly "and you didn't deserve that, is there anything we can do to help? How does your throat feel? Would you like it if I made you some tea?"

She watched as Sang's hand went back up to her throat making James frown before she let go of Sang.

Do you sign? James asked signing watching as Sang fingerspelled in sign.

I know the alphabet, We just need to be careful around my stepmother it would be best if you guys didn't call or come over. Sang paused My throat will be fine in a couple of days I just need to rest it a little. Tea may help.

"Kota, do you mind?" James asked Kota nodded before exiting his room James nodded at Sang before getting up and following him down the stairs.

"My mom has a few kinds of teas even though we're more of a coffee household," Kota said as he went through his cupboards pulling out a chamomile tea pack.

I moved to grab the pot he set out filling it with water and putting it on the stovetop " do you have any honey?"

"Here," Kota said as he handed me the bottle. "You okay?"

James thought about Kota's question, was I okay? She was angry. Angry that my friend was hurt, she couldn't use her voice. She couldn't protect her, She should have been there to help her. To comfort her. That's what friends were supposed to do. So James was mad at her Sangs stepmother and she was mad at herself. James's arm moved to her shoulder nails digging into her skin.

"I'm fine," James said shortly to Kota leaning back against the counter "I just... I guess I hat-" James was cut off as the front door opened to sets of footsteps coming in.

Victors soft wavy brown hair came into view making James grin. Before he could even think about saying a word James threw herself at him arms wrapping around his neck. Frowning when she realized he was about half a head taller than her so she stood on her tiptoes so she could stare into his fiery brown eyes.

"Hi, Victor!" James said brightly watching as a soft smile came into his face.

"Hi, James," Victor's voice gave her chills, she opened her mouth to say something else when another voice cut in.

"Oy so your one of the trouble makers" James kept her arms around Victor but looked around him eyes coming in contact with a pair of Piercing crystal blue eyes making her breathe hitch his voice was gruffer then she expected voice deeper then Victors.

"Troubles my middle name, although I'm not recalling yours" James tiles her head to the side his hair was brown and longish coming out to about his chin and with a blonde streak behind each of his ears.

"I like you," he said, "mine names Gabriel my friends call me Gabe." James let go of Victor walking up to Gabe taking in his bright orange shirt that seemed to make his eyes pop even more.

"I have to ask though just What are you wearing?" Gabriel asked as he stared at James.

She watched as Victor hit him upside the head "dude! Rude!" Victor said frowning.

On the inside James's mind was thinking the worst, he's right your outfit is ugly. It made her think of what Sang was wearing a pretty pink skirt and light-colored blouse compared to her she must have looked awful. Her hair was a mess, she was wearing light blue jeans that had a few holes in that and were a few sizes too big she kept them up with a pair of suspenders. Her shirt was a baggy lightweight black long sleeve sweater. It was what she was comfortable in though. They all look so good, compared to them you look like trash.

So James did what she does best she pretended to give Gabriel a playful smile.

She held her arms out wide "Are you kidding?" She asked as she did a spin flipping her hair over her shoulder "I look fabulous."

Gabriel smiled at her "If anyone can pull off that look it's you," he said seriously her mind told her he was lying but she just smiled at him "I didn't mean it in a rude way you look great but you should get some jeans that fit you I'm sure those will be more comfortable."

James tilted her head at him confused but he bopped her on the nose "Will have to go on a shopping trip, the black your wearing brings out the color of your hair but Id love to see you in a few different colors."

"You intrigue me ." James finally said after staying silent for a while. Gabe blinked at her opening his mouth to say something but James got distracted as she saw Kota finished the tea.

"How about I go bring that up to Sang while you catch the boys up" James saw Kota's questioning glance so she kept going "Sang doesn't need to go through that conversation another time."

She took the tea from Kota's hand before going up the stairs two at a time.

"Here ya go sunshine!" James's voice was loud cutting into the room both Sang and Nathan turned to look at her smiles on there faces, "Gabe and Victor just got here I think you'll like Gabe."

Sang smiled at her friend bumping her shoulder as the girl sat close to her James laughed at Sang "Drink your tea women!" Making Sang giggle.

"So Nathan," James purred making his eyes widen "have you thought about my offer?"

Nathan choked on a breathe "your offer?" He asked a look in his eyes that James couldn't read

"To join the dark side," James nodded her head "joining me the red-headed club?"

"Oh," Nathan said rubbing the back of his neck a light blush covering his cheeks "sure I'd love to."

James pumped her fist into the air excited "Hell fricken ya!"

Three voices at that Kota door caught their attention, Gabe spoke the loudest though "An trouble maker number two!" He said making James laugh giving Sang a nod that he meant in a good way.

"I'm Sang," her voice was still rough but the tea seemed to calm it down a bit.

"The two of you have the most gorgeous hair you have got to let me get your hands on it," he said as walked overtaking a piece of Sang's hair and moving it around.

"There are so many different colors in your hair it's so pretty," he paused "please tell me you don't dye it? I think my heart would break if you said you did."

Sang's giggle filled the air making James smile "No, it's, just uh, dirty blonde or something that's what my sister said."

"Or fucking something is right," Gabe said grinning at her he then turned his attention on me making my heart jump. I don't think I can handle any more attractive guys. "and you, your hair looks like melted lava."

He wrapped a piece of my hair around his finger-twisting it letting it go, James watched as it bounced back into its curl.

"Stunning" she heard him murmurer under his breathe making her blush.

Kota cleated his throat, "I think we need to be more careful around Sang's family" he nodded to Sang James turned her head watching as she started to bring her finger to her mouth but before she could James grabbed her hand squeezing it tightly.

"None of that Sunshine," James said tapping her nose to Sang watching as she jumped giggling in surprise "what can we do hun?"

"I think how we're doing things now is fine, just no phone calls..." Sang seemed to drift away in thought looking out the window.

James turned her head to look to she heard a basketball tapping down the street. Sang pulled her to the window watching as a boy moved into what she assumed was Sang's driveway and started playing basketball.

She felt bodies behind her and new that the boys had joined them.

"It doesn't seem that bad," Nathan said as they watched a girl with medium length brown hair come out and join the boy.

"Why's Derrick there?" Kota questioned James raised a brow at him "he's a kind of a friend he lives in the neighborhood a few houses down from Nathan."

"I didn't know you lived on this street," James said to Nathan who nodded at her a small smile on his lips.

"It's my pool we went swimming in," he said grinning making her roll his eyes James hadn't been to Kota's backyard yet to she thought maybe he had a pool. James shoved Nathan's shoulder playfully sticking her tongue out before she looked back to Sang's house.

"Oy, who's that girl?" Gabe asked James felt his breath hit her ear and she got chills. His voice she could listen to it all day."

"My sister Marie," Sang said softly squeezing James's hand tightly.

They watched as Marie looked back to the house before flushing slightly a look of fear passing her face.

"What just happened?" Victor asked

Sang shrugged "the usual more likely, my stepmother telling her she had chores to do."

"Do she?" Kota asked watching as Sang should her head no.

"We need to be extra careful around her parents," Nathan said his jaw shut tightly. Arms crossing over each other as his muscles flexed in anger.

James let out a breath hand moving to her forehead as she rubbed it. A headache coming on. Sang's stepmom was a real bitch.

"I don't like this," Victor said anger lacing his tone.

"How do you think your mom would feel if you had a girl come over?" Kota questioned, "we could have James go."

"I'm not sure," Sang said biting her lip.

James grabbed her knee squeezing it "we won't do anything that makes you uncomfortable okay? If you're not sure about it we don't have to worse case if you need one of us we could sneak in." James winked at her.

"On another note," Kota spoke up gaining our attention like the leader he was "I was wondering if in the meantime you would let us buy you guys a phone so we can keep in contact."

James blinked sharing a wide-eyed look with Sang. She didn't understand she had only met these boys yesterday, and not even all of them and they wanted to buy us a phone. She was confused. Completely and utterly confused.

"James?" Victor questioned making her blink back to him. "What's your favorite color?"

"My what?" James asked before blinking "oh no, can we go back to wanting to give us a phone? I'm confused why?"

The boys shared a look before Kota cleared his throat.

"It'll be easier to contact you besides if anything happens to you there's no way for you to get in contact with anyone this way you'll be able to."

James frowned "I just don't think I'm comfortable with you buying me a phone"

Victor's lips dipped down in displeasure "honestly I don't mind it would give me a sense of peace and besides it's not a big deal."

James raised an eyebrow at him not notice the group watching them like a ping pong tournament.

"Listen, Oprah," James said fighting back a smile as Victor made a noise "I don't have time for this c' mon let me go to the phone store with you."

Victor rolled his eyes but nodded turning to the rest of the group "one pink phone coming up,"

James watched as Sang still looked unsure pushing her finger to her lip.

Victor sighed "honestly girls it'll be easier for us to, and if an emergency happens there's no way for you to reach us or us you."

Sang nodded, as Gabe spoke up "make sure it's pretty don't get some awful shade of pink." Victor rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Make sure you try to find one that's Inconspicuous," Kota said, "If someone in her house finds it I'm sure it wouldn't be good," Kota added at the questioning looks he received.

"Do you have somewhere to keep it?" Nathan asked frowning.

Sang bit her lip for a minute before nodded, "there's a crawl space in my room I'll keep it there."

"Why not under your pillow?" Gabe questioned.

"Someone would find it," Sang said shrugging.

"Okay one pink, inconspicuous phone coming up," Victor said

"Oh, " Nathan said grinning as he made eye contact with Sang "Make sure you get a sturdy one she might drop it with how accident prone she is."

Victor shifted on his feet looking annoyed "Okay, one pink inconspicuous, sturdy cell phone coming up. Do I need to glue sequins to it and include an antenna?"

"Do they have those?" Gabe asked blinking at him.

Victor shot him a look, making James laugh loudly.

She turned to Sang grinning at her, moving to where she sat and putting her hands on her shoulder. James leaned down giving her a loud kiss on the cheek making a blush creep on Sang's face. "Sunshine keep the boys in check while I'm gone."

"Sure thing scarlet," She heard Sang rasp out making her turn back around watching as Sang blushed harder "you gave me a nickname."

James threw her head back in laughter before walking out of Kota's room waving to the boys as she went.

TA-DA Hello Nathan and Gabe! I am not sure you're ready for the girls yet! Haha, don't worry will get to see more one on one time with James and boys. Hope you enjoyed!

Singing off Lexiloo7 :) comments and kudos always welcome as always sorry for any grammar mistakes. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1.8K 20
This is a C.L.Stone fanfiction from the Ghost Bird - Academy story. I do not own all of the characters. This is about Sang but she is a little diffe...
33.1K 2.2K 16
|COMPLETE| A Ghost Bird Fanfiction. Sang arrives in a Charleston foster home after the untimely death of her mother. Little does she know, adjusting...
17.6K 297 10
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...
160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...