▪Her Soul's Eternal Mate▪ #Wa...

By MysticaldivineFaiqa

RANK: Wattys2019 #17/ in Short stories/ Oct,2019 /2021 among 269K stories #1/in mood/Oct,2019 #5 in 2021 #1... More

Story Blurp
Buzzing Mosquito!
Bossy Pants!
A Big Fat"Idiot"
OMG! He is a stalker...
It could be worse!
My racing Heartbeat!
Jealous! Aren't we?
Dammit! I Love you only...
He felt a stranger!
Do you trust me?
Crazy woman!
Because...
A firecracker!
Don't you ever...
Holy Matrimony...
Without a name...
Thank You! 🤗💕

Setting you free...

2.7K 280 210
By MysticaldivineFaiqa

Happy to see you all enjoying it...Don't forget to vote and comment...💖👍

It is said that eyes are windows of the soul. Her eyes are just like that. Arnav'ss hands were still on her lips and his eyes fixed on her. He slowly removed his hand from her lips but his eyes remained fixed there.  Khushi kept looking at him, her mouth pursed but slightly open and loose. Her eyes are fixed as if she were not sure of his presence there in her room.

 He called her name, "Khushi!"

She blinked, refocused before asking a million questions. "You? What are you doing here? How did you come here? Did anyone see you? I mean how could you???..." 

Placing his finger on her lips again this time making her stop, he smiled and nodded." You talk too much, Do you know that? no one saw me and I came through the window... Now calm down."  He whispered near her face. Her eyes were reflecting many emotions and among those ones, the longing was the most prominent. She wanted to see him badly if this did not call love then what? But she had no idea of this yet.

"Then why did you come here and this hour of the night?" She whispered slowly without blinking.

"I wanted to talk to you Khushi..." Sitting right next to her on the bed he gasped again.

"You couldn't wait for tomorrow? " Raising her eyebrows she asked again.

"You always ask too many questions or today is some special day??" He tried to reason with her questioning skills but she was ready for her answer with another question.

"Isn't this night time, so it should be tonight instead of today, shouldn't it?..."  pursing her lips with her raised eyebrows she asked keeping all the innocence over her face.

He stared at her for a while with a raised eyebrow. She sat next to him by taking her legs off the bed. He asked softly holding her hand, "are you okay?" 

 "Yeah, I'm fine," she murmured absentmindedly, her eyes shifting to the window. 

"Khushi, look at me." He shook her slightly. 

"Don't do that," she growled in a whisper tone, her eyes changing to black instantly with anger. This was the reason he loved this woman who never hesitated to show him her likes or dislikes right away.

 "Okay, what was bothering you that you slept while sitting in the middle of the bed? ," He smiled lightly at her shaking head like a child figuring out how to say the problem. She remained quiet.

"Don't you trust me?" Pressing her hand he asked softly.

"and a few minutes before, I was accused of asking too many questions? Looking deeply into his eyes she teased but didn't remove her hand from him.

"Khushi!!!"  Hearing the underlined warning in his tone she pressed his hand this time.

"OK, no more jokes, I was thinking of you and what happened in the office. You were right. This is a fashion industry and you can't avoid such people around you. I mean like Lisa and Shyam. I was being irrational but I won't deny that I felt angry seeing her so close to you..."

"and I felt angry seeing Shyam near you and shouted at you and all, I'm sorry..." He interjected with his side of apology.

"No, you were right, Sitting here all this time I was thinking about everything you said, everything you did and why did you do it? Why did you come suddenly into my life and proposed to me? You... I mean you are always crowded among beautiful women and still, you never got involved with anyone, sounds strange but your bold confession towards me with anger was more than enough for me to understand everything. A person who is honest and speaks the truth can only react the way you did. But I am confused..."  She paused for a while, he could see her struggle within the way her fingers were fidgeting with each other with her hand movements. 

She was about to confess something, but what? Her inner fears or inner struggles, or her dreams, her wishes? Whatever it was he was ready for anything because she deserved this, she deserved to question him, drill me, show right on him. He so wanted her to open up to him like this the way she was doing right now.

Her emotions were not easily hidden on her innocent face today. Her confusions were evident in the crease of her lovely brow and the down-curve of her full lips. But her eyes were showing her true soul. A  deep pool of restless gold, an ocean of quizzical thoughts was brimming in it. He tried to intervene yet she continued finding him to interject...

" I am confused that why was I feeling this way? Why any of this made me angry? Was I angry at you or at Lisa or myself? I don't know but if this is love then I might..." Before she could say further he placed his finger on her lips. I didn't want to hear"Might be". The passion and love I have for her never could allow any room for any doubt in between this love.

"Khushi, Stop! 

"I was wrong and I am wrong and I will be wrong if I will be forcing you into some unknown feelings which you don't even have for me. I don't deny that I love you but it doesn't mean that the person you love must have to love you back..."

"But Arnavji..." Her lips protested over his words but this time his finger pressed a little more to shush her up.

"Khushi, there is no reason to carry this weight on your heart. Just do whatever you want to do. Enjoy, make your dreams come true, just forget about everything. Forget this marriage and all, go fulfill your dreams..." This time she didn't let him finish and push his hand away.

"Are you breaking the alliance? This engagement and everything? Have you ever thought about my family's reputation? What happened to our friendship? Have you.." 

Her voice started breaking up and he knew he had to do something fast. Cupping her face he continued before she could go further with her assumptions and fears.

"No, I am not breaking our friendship or this engagement. I want to start everything fresh. Like we are starting from the beginning. Forget about this one-week challenge or anything, you go ahead and start your college in Mumbai, we will remain friends who share everything together. Any time in your life if you need help, or want to talk to me, I will be there for you Khushi... you can count on me for that...Hmm??" 

"So you are breaking with me in one sense..." She said with such sadness that he couldn't bear it anymore.

"No, Khushi, I am giving you freedom, I want you to fly with your own wings, and when you achieve what you want then we will think over this marriage. If still, you wouldn't feel like getting married, no issues and don't worry, I will talk to everyone...OK?" wiping of a lone tear from her cheek he said lovingly.

"You know Arnavji, you acted like the way people act in America..." Her analogy made him squint his forehead.

"How?"

She kept looking at him before she started, "People over there say I love you every time they see each other, call each other, after getting up in the morning, before sleeping, etc, etc and then they break up within months or years and you broke their record. You broke up with me within less than a week..."

He chuckled freely over this revelation of hers and she joined him too."But I am not breaking up with you, I am showing the ways of life..."

"Then, can I join you as a designer after graduation?"  A huge winning smile took over her face.

"Any time..." His heart melted over this innocence...

"and if I want to marry you later on then??" His heart skipped a beat this time over her simple sweet confession. How could anyone not fall in love with her?

"Then simply tell me that you love me the way I do and we will marry...". He stated the fact with simple words knowing that she is not a complex girl.

"Promise? put your hand on my head and say it again." 

Placing his hand over her head he repeated again. Her eyes never left his.

"I will be honest with you or else hold my tongue. I don't deceive my enemies Khushi, then you are my love and trust is an essential part of lasting love. Never fear to ask questions, I like to hear them. In your questions is part of you, the part that needs me just as I need you. So I promise that I shall let you know my heart and mind as fully as I can... and if I err you will correct me. Promise?..."

"Promise!..." She said without any hesitance this time...

Our eyes never left each other. He could see her breathing became softer, the pensive look started melting into a smile as soft as the morning light. Her body squirmed just a little as her muscles relaxed. 

Her mind and heart were happy seeing him right here with her. There was something about that gaze of his she never found in another man as if at that moment their souls made a bridge. He knew it but she was unaware of it but still, she never blinked or became shy instead slowly she rested her head on my chest.

How cute she looks with this simple smile. He wrapped his arms around her. All his thoughts stopped as if his heart took over from his head when they were close. He gathered her closer as if he needed to check she was really there with him, really there and really real... and she was, with her body and soul. 

She doubted anyone else ever felt the way she did about being in his arms pitying all of those beautiful models. Maybe this is something she never had in her life before, not having the experience to judge these feelings and be proud of. Maybe time will show her, make her learn?

"Never be afraid to ask anything or telling me anything which bothers you and not letting you sleep. Hmm! Just call me and I will be here or there in Mumbai. No matter what time of the day or how much busy I am. I will be there to hold your hand, to dry your tears, to take the pain and anger I know you try to hide."

To his surprise, she moved closer and kissed his cheek. Her lips alighted on his cheek like a dew freckled petal caught in a breeze, so soft and with the smallest hint of shyness. He drew her closer and held her with his gazes.

Khushi's mind took over and her thoughts started to weave in between..." I was ready to embrace him. As Arnav drew closer I felt my heartbeat so hard I feared he'll hear it definitely. I was praying so hard for this moment, for him to kiss me again. My eyes got closed, head tilted upward and then I felt his lips... on my cheek. It was a peck as one would be for a friend. He reminded me of his side of the bargain with this one little act. We were friends. I snuggled in his chest again...

"Khushi, promise me, you will tell me everything..."

"hmm!" She nodded lazily when he realized she was sleeping. He sat there holding her so close, feeling her trust in him. It was heavier than I=he ever felt before. He loves this woman and wouldn't think twice to be with her till eternity.

Slowly he lied her down and kissed her lips softly fulfilling her wish. She smiled in her sleep inviting him to kiss her again. He moved a little closer and kissed her forehead this time.

"Goodnight Khushi, I'll see you tomorrow..." He kept looking at her smilingly as she never forgot to respond back in her sleep either...

"Hmm!" 

"Yes, it will be our new beginning but this time it will be she who will decide the path of their journey...

🎀🎀🎀

Ok, Folks, leaving you here, so share your thoughts on what is next...How will she take this freedom and how will she choose the path back to him? I will answer you all tomorrow, I am sleeping now. Have to take a rest. Sorry for this delay.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.3K 2.1K 200
Just funny interactions between the descendants characters. Pairings are bal, devie, Jonnie, jarlos, huma, gaudrey, Chad and Freddie. Warning: conta...
12K 742 8
Peep in it's a requested story abt Sanskaar Ragini n Laksh Serial based
22.9K 1K 9
As a part of his investigation ACP Rishab kundra encounters a girl Madhubala Malik which changed his life..
22.8K 553 14
" 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮" ♡♡♡♡♡ Being the daughter of two survivors...