Friend Zoned || Madwheeler ✔

By taesfreckle

Max is forced to move in with the Wheelers after her family goes away on vacation. she has to hide her feelin... More

Friend Zoned
Disclaimer
Epigraph
01. Old Friends
02. Surprising News
03. The moving in
04. The First Day
05. Masking Feelings
06. First Interact
07. The Tension
08. Friends?
09. Back to school
10. confessions and tears
11. Old Feelings
12. Between the past
13. Secretly in Love
14. Jealousy's Flame
15. Jinxed Trip
16. Lost and Found
17. Secrets revealed
18. bleeding tears
20. Save me
21. The letter
22. Goodbye, love
Epilogue
appreciation chapter!
My Instagram!!

19. Times passes, still hurts

2.5K 93 41
By taesfreckle

Times passes, still hurts

It has been two weeks. Two weeks since Max has had any contact with Mike. Mostly, because he had completely avoided her, he wouldn't go out of his room except to eat the daily meals, in which she could finally get a look at how he was doing. Eleven stayed with him in his room all the time, and Max knew that Eleven would horribly die someday due to the curses that Max threw at her under her breath. That bitch got what she wanted at the end, she hurt Max in the most painful way, separating her and Mike.

During these two days, Max tried her best to get him to talk to her, she knocked on his room's door multiple times, sometimes she was ignored, and other times she was answered by Eleven's stupid face telling her to stop disturbing them. But Max refused to give up just yet, she had to have a talk with Meachle. She wants to understand.

Today was Monday, Second week of school. Max had always hated Mondays because it meant that she has to wake up to go to school, However, today was different. She actually wanted to go to school.

With Mike ignoring her, and Eleven being mean, she was forced to stay alone, not talking to anyone. Sometimes, Mrs wheeler would accompany her, but spending time with her wasn't the best thing Max had done. Still, she was grateful that at least she had someone to have little chats with, so that she wouldn't go crazy.

Max missed being around people over the weekend, she was bored to death at the wheelers'. Now, she is going to see Lucas, Will and Dustin.

□■□■□

Max went to school early, hoping that she might run into someone she knew, somene she can talk with. She was desperate at this moment. But luck wasn't on her side, and she was having an awkward conversation with Ethan just before class starts.

"How was your weekend?" Apart from her and Mike breaking up, and Mike wanting nothing to do with her?

"Good." Yeah, good.

"Mine was great!" And I don't care. Max thought. "Are you sure that you are okay?" Max could see that he was talking about the dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep.

"I'm fine." She insisted.

"But you-"

"I said I'm fine!" She snapped. She didn't like repeating herself, and she didn't like Ethan too. She was just trying to be civil with him.

"Right. Sorry." Max pushed past him, and entered the class.

She took her usual seat in the back, waiting for the teacher. Max was a little nervous because she knew that Mike sat beside her, and that might be a chance for her to talk with him.

But she was wrong.

Mike went and sat beside Ethan. Freaking Ethan. Lucas then went, and sat beside Max. So Mike didn't even want to be near her? But At least he didn't make Ethan sit with her.

Class ended, It was lunch break. Max was seeking any chance to talk to Mike, but he was still avoiding with all his might. Finally, she spotted him.

"Hey! Mike, wait!" She took ahold of his arm, making sure that he couldn't walk away from her this time. She looked in his eyes, and his eyes were staring back at hers.

His face lacked emotions, dark eyes penetrating through the thick walls of her heart, making her an open book to read. "We need to talk." She finally spoke.

"We don't need to do anything." He replied coldly, and made to move away, but she had a strong gripe on his arm.

"No. You will listen to me, Meachle Wheeler." She was determined on getting answers, and he sure as hell will give her ones. "W-what did I do wrong?" Her voice was small, and she felt him tense.

"Don't act like you don't know!" He broke free from her grasp,

"But I really don't know Mike! I'm not acting. I need to know what I did to deserve to be treated like this by you! And you are the only one who can explain!!" Max shouted back at him.

"You don't know?" He repeated, his face had pure confusion written all over it.

"Yes." She told him honestly.

"El told me that you informed her of our, um, relationship." He decided to tell her.

"What! That little witch told me-"

"No, stop! Max, will you please, not make this hard for me? I trust Eleven, and she told me that you were using me!"

"So you are going to believe everything she tells you because you trust her?" Max have had enough, he didn't want to listen to her.

"yes." he told her as it was the most obvious thing.

"so, you don't trust me? because you are clearly not believing me right now." Mike said nothing for a long time, which Max took as her answer. she nodded her head slowly, accepting the harsh truth.

"Max, I-" she put her hand in the air to shut him up.

"You could've just told me that you will never love me, that I can never take her place in your heart." With these final words, she left him standing in the middle of the hallway.

"I trust you." he finished his sentence, his words vanishing into thin air, and later he would regret not saying them louder for Max to hear.

□■□■□

Max tried to concentrate in the next classes, but all she could think about was her earlier conversation with Mike. it looked like he always found a way to hurt her. he doesn't trust her. he hates her. just thinking about these words cut like knives through her heart, but Max was good at pretending that she doesn't feel like dying inside, something that she had mastered throughout the years.

once she's out of school, she's going to let it all out. but she knew that she couldn't go back to the Wheeler's. she can't avoid Mike, and she can't face him, either. Max knew a place, where no one will disturb her while she pathetically, allow the salty liquid to run down her face.

Max went to her room's window at her house, in the backyard. she remembered exactly leaving the window open, so that she could get in whenever she felt like it. especially, since her mother didn't give her the house keys.

she climbed through the window into a room, stumbling a few steps forward, she caught herself before falling onto the ground. she sank onto her bed, closing her eyes, she sighed, remembering that almost 2 months ago, she was feeling excited, and frightened at the same time because she was going to be staying at her lover's house.

Max remembered telling herself that Mike would never fall in love with her, that he hated her. she wished she had listened to herself back then. Max let a tear drop down her cheek, another one, and then others followed, and soon she was sobbing hysterically on her bed, with a pillow over her face to muffle the ugly noises,

"Why!?" she mumbled furiously into her pillow. why did she have to love him? why did he have to not love her back? the answer was simple. he doesn't love her because she's not Eleven.

there was a sudden knock coming from downstairs, it interrupted Max from her thoughts. someone was knocking on the front of the house, but who?

A/N : hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I just wanted to let you know that I have already written chapter 20, and I might publish it tomorrow if this one gets enough reads and votes.

Thank you so much for
reading this story♡

Ps: I love reading your comments, keep writing ones lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.2K 49
. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭�...
4K 108 19
In which Will Byers sacrifices himself and Mike Wheeler can't get over his death. {will byers x mike wheeler}
681 12 7
Mike wheeler goes on a vacation with his girlfriend El for summer vacation to California to visit els brother Will Byers and the moment will and mike...
1.2K 26 16
Will Byers is in love with Mike Wheeler and Mike is In love with Will but they've never told eachother. One night Will's friends crash into him and c...