Open To Interpretation

By krishuppet

This is a collection of some of my old poems, short stories, and other writing that I created a few years ago... More

Cool Dad
Prayer
Frustrating
Daddy Issues
Holocaust; You
Sad Things That Aren't Sad At All
Plants on The Windowsill
Made It
Waves
Sugar
Catch Me
Disgusting
Cherry Tree
Focus
Corked Bottle
Loser
Marceline - Willow
Baseline
Of Shrek and Car Accidents
Full Circle
Almonds
What Matters?
Cotton
Conditions
Mirrors
Value
Reasons to Continue
Volume
Get Better
Tumor
Green Tea
Antidote for the Eternal Pit of Emptiness
Buffer
Gray
Let Him Know
Idle
"9.4"
Simpin'
Seamless
Alive
The Bottomless Pit
Open Letter to Myself
Just Crying
Conversation
I'm Emo
Insomnia
ABC
Not Broken
I'm Not A Writer
Intention
Predetermined
Lost and Found
Chance
Powerful
Fear
Of Music and Lovers
Rain
Swarm
Painter
Dirt
Rock Bottom
Short Poems and One-Liners

Metaphors

4 1 0
By krishuppet

i could shove a metaphor down your throat in every sentence. i could tell you about how the air i breathed was so thick that it felt like i was drowning in tar. i could go in depth about the way i whispered to myself when i thought no one was listening, because the words liked to rock climb up my throat and whitewater raft off my tongue. i could list all the details of a meteor shower that i'd never seen before, but i felt like i knew better than i knew the labyrinth that lived atop my palms. i could even look you in the eyes and describe the cute little laughter fairies that pranced among the dandelions that were your freckles and how much i loved the golden sunshine and other bullshit about how life is so goddamn beautiful. that's all i have to offer to you. the only silver platter i have to offer up my own suffering on is the figurative language that i learned in sixth grade. that's the only way you'll listen. if i beat around the bush and tell you everything that hurts by wrapping it in flashy ribbons, then you'll finally swallow what i have to say. i can't tell it to you straight, because you won't want it. i can't open up to you, because you'll think i'm lying. you can't pretend not to understand when i'm spoon-feeding it to you. you can't continue to ignore the 350 million people like me when i put it in words that you find so goddamn beautiful. it's real. it hurts. stop fighting it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60 0 98
Poems of my past and how I was feeling at the time. It's my therapy as well as my momentum of how far I've come. Plus shows really struggles with dea...
266 62 50
a bunch or poetry and short stories (mostly sad ones) written by me. ^^ #900 in poems for 2019 Completed! Check out book II ^^
2.1K 360 143
Just poems. Some poems that I have written and others from the internet. If you would like to send me poems, I will dedicate that page to you. Or if...
1.2K 24 60
WARNING: Some pieces may contain triggers for those who struggle with any form of depression or self harm. Please read with caution. I will often rea...