Mating Him

By TheDirtyDress

In a world where power rules, pure-blood werewolf Clans are considered royalty. A mating with a werewolf diff... More

Chapter 1 : The Beginning
Chapter 2 : Going Solo
Chapter 3 : Rude Much?
Chapter 4 : The Eclipse Party
Chapter 5 : The Eclipse Party II
Chapter 6 : The Attack
Chapter 7 : His Claim
Chapter 8 : Changing Allegiances
Chapter 9 : A New World
Chapter 10 : In His Arms
Chapter 11 : Something Unexpected
Chapter 12 : Nerves
Chapter 13: Restraint
Chapter 14: The Elders
Chapter 15: Meeting the Pack
Chapter 16: Complications
Chapter 17: Control
Chapter 18 : Realizations
Chapter 19 : Acceptance
Chapter 20 : Baby Steps
Chapter 21 : Insight
Chapter 22 : The Bond
Chapter 23 : Escape

Chapter 24 : One Step Forward and Two Steps Back

4.4K 144 31
By TheDirtyDress

°•°•°•°

Aurora

I was running. I was running towards my freedom. Yes. I could almost taste it, could almost feel it tangible in the air. Why was the ground so wet? I was wading through the thick, flowing mud. I placed all my energy into taking another step. It felt like I was wearing steel boots and the weight of it was sucking me down into the squelchy soil. Just one more step, I urged myself on.

"Where are you running off to Mutt?" A cold voice sneered out of the darkness.

Panic shocked my body into numbness. No. This cannot be happening. No, no, no! I pushed through with more force. I was waist deep in the muddy ground. At this point, I was kicking my legs to stay afloat. Cold sweat beaded on my forehead and some of it trickled down my spine. I kicked my legs harder.

"You know I'll find you, don't you? Yes, you do. Just a matter of time." Demetrius' echoed from somewhere. The sound was coming from all directions. "I can smell your fear. It's coursing through your veins. I'll find you..."

No! I thrashed around, bits of mud flying everywhere and some landing on my face and my hair. No!

"I'll find you. My pureblood-Mutt."

His voice grated into my ears. He was whispering incessantly. There were so many voices but it all belonged to him. Again and again, drowning out reality.

"Get out of my head." The ground was sucking me under. "Get out of my head!"

A warm hand entwined around my hand.

"Get out!" I screamed. "Get out! Get out!"

"Aurora... it's me." Someone said. "Can you hear me?"

I felt a gentle nudge on my shoulders.

"God. Please wake up Aurora. It's me... Erian."

A worried face materialized in front of me.

Arms slipped underneath my legs and my back, lifting me up. "Yes! Listen to me. Listen to my voice. That's it. Just hang on."

I tried to talk but words wouldn't form. It was so dark. The world swayed from side to side as I attempted to lift my head and see where I was.

"I'm taking you to your father. Just hang on."

°•°•°•°

Demetrius

"She's gone," my wolf said his voice complete with remorse. My strong and fierce wolf pining for her similar to when someone takes away a child's most cherished toy. It was expected. I was feeling that remorse too. The bond was egging me to throw all caution to the wind and run after her and get her back.

A small sliver of moonlight pierced the darkness of the room and disappeared. The rain fell hard outside, dampening the last lingering wisps of her scent. It was vanishing from the study as well, replaced by the fresh night air. It would take the most experienced tracker in his clan to find her after this torrential pour. She must be assured about that, not a doubt.

I smiled.

My wolf allowed me to shift, a little reluctantly. I was breathing hard.

"Take that damned injection." He gritted. "Otherwise, you and I both will hunt her down."

I scoffed humorously. So far so good. I reached for the prepared syringe and rammed it onto the flank of my abdomen. The drug worked instantaneously as it always did. The effects of the bond weakened. I could think clearly again. My wolf had done his part diligently. Yes. Not a step out of place. He had let her go. My wolf was hurting now but he would recover. Like always.

It was important that she go.

I walked out of the study. I went to my room and threw on some clothes. Shit! The room smelled like her. Too much like her. The bed was made. She kept everything neat. Not a damn pillow out of place.

I exited the room, looking for Franz. He was standing outside in the hall. The rest of the clan was there as well. Lounging.

"She got past the barrier?" I asked for the confirmation.

Franz nodded. "Andrew took it down just like you said. He's working right now to put it back up."

Franz looked uncertain. "Now what?"

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Now we wait." This was the hard part. The part of the plan that had that loop-hole. But for all the might that I had, all I could do at this point was wait. Wait for her.

"You alright Demetrius?" Franz inquired. "I mean I know that bond affected you as much as it did her."

"Don't worry about it." I smiled forcefully. "I have Andrew's wonder drug."

"Yeah... but still, man." Franz was genuinely concerned. He was a good Beta and an even better friend.

I shoved my hands in my pockets. "She's gone. That's all that matters. Not how I feel about her and all that crap."

Franz raised a brow. "Who said anything about feelings towards her?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Well, what did you mean?" Franz pressed.

"Nothing. It meant nothing." I lied. Franz was skeptical, as he should have been. "Just -just drop it."

"Okay okay." He lifted his palms up as if in surrender. "You, my friend, need a drink."

I shook my head, smirking wryly. "A strong one."

We walked up to the fireplace where two seats were vacant. Franz got the liquor and two crystal tumblers. I sat down while he poured the drinks.

The flames in the fireplace leapt and danced their fiery warmth, the constant crackle of burning woods providing the background. I glanced around. My clan members. They were family. This was the home we had built. We had nothing in common when lined side by side except for one thing – we were all survivors of the horrors of The Elders.

They had destroyed countless lives in order to get to the position they were in today. Countless lives and my family was included in that list.

I could never forget.

My father worked for The Elders. He was the one that had heralded the union between the witches and The Elders. Magic. That was the catalyst that gave The Elders their oh-so-supreme power. That upper hand against all other werewolves. And that one upper hand The Elders banned from the werewolf community that could give others even the slightest chance to challenge their authority.

They were the reason the witches were filtered out of hiding and then forced to pledge allegiance to them or be labelled as traitors and flee. Of course many fled thinking a life of hiding was one better than that of slavery. Even that was a trick. After they were allowed to go into hiding and solitude, The Elders used the very same witches that chose to serve them as a means to get to the ones that didn't.

Then the witch hunt began. My father was witness to all of it but the matter of importance to The Elders wasn't this. For them my father was the one link that tied The Elders to the witches. He was the one that could expose them to the werewolf community for the hypocrites they were.

Magic was banned from the werewolf community saying it was borne of evil. Of course it was all a façade. My father could unveil all of it. And he was going to.

He saw The Elders cruelty first hand. Day in and day out. 

The Elders caught wind of his motive. They came in broad daylight. Father had told us beforehand something like this could happen. He told us to run and keep running. So we did. I had Allie in my arms. She was only five. Father's tortured screams echoed deafeningly. Then it stopped.

Allie was only five.

We wandered in the forest, fearing being caught if we ventured out. We truly lived of off the land. I had already shifted so it was easy for me. I could hunt and eat raw meat. But Allie couldn't. I was no expert at making fires or cooking so we had to forage for edible fruits and nuts. She was a growing child and it was not enough. I hated myself. I hated that I couldn't do enough. I hated my inadequacy. I was angry at everything

After almost three months of living like this, Luke found us. Malnourished and filthy. He took us under his care. He became our saviour in every sense. At first glance, Luke was someone who would frighten children with his towering frame and scarred face but looks were purely superficial in his case. He was sincere and caring in every way possible. Allie took to him after weeks of gentle coaxing and gifts of chocolates. He became our guardian.

Luke raised us. He introduced me to magic. He showed me what The Elders were hiding in plain view. Luke and I worked out the plan. And I set it in motion.

"Remember when I first saw you?" Franz snapped me back into reality. "You were so fat."

I chuckled halfheartedly. "Hey I wasn't that fat."

Franz handed me the glass, sloshing the amber liquid a bit. I took a sip and it burned its way down my throat settling in the pit of my stomach. I hated the taste but it offered a hazy respite after a number of glasses.

"I remember Allie." Franz said as though he was speaking to himself.  "She was always so quiet and kind. Speaking of which isn't she the same age as Aurora?"

I realized that she probably was. "I think so... I'm not so sure." 

I never drew the link that Allie and Aurora were nearly the same age. I always kept Allie sheltered and miles away from all this chaos. I squirmed at the thought of Allie going through what Aurora was made to. The hypocrisy of the situation wasn't unknown to me. Aurora's emotions were justified. I was a monster for her in all senses. I wasn't supposed to get this brutal with her. Something about her defiant attitude irritated me too much. 

I realized Franz hadn't said anything in a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 441 22
Valentina thought that by being accepted into a new pack she would get the protection she wished for, but after agreeing to live with the handsome al...
2.8M 65.5K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
456K 17.7K 28
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
92.4K 10.7K 37
ဤficသည်စာရေးသူ၏စိတ်ကူးသက်သက်သာဖြစ်သည်🙃 ဤficသည္စာေရးသူ၏စိတ္ကူးသက္သက္သာျဖစ္သည္🙃