Fixing a Broken Girl (One Dir...

By morganraelynl

“Promise you’ll never leave me behind Jess?” I ask her seriously. “Taylor, I swear n... More

Chapter One-
Chapter Two-
Chapter Three-
Chapter Four-
Chapter Six-
Chapter Seven-
Chapter Eight-
Chapter Nine-
Chapter Ten-
Chapter Eleven-
Chapter Twelve-
Chapter Thirteen-
Chapter Fourteen-
Chapter Fifthteen-
Chapter Sixteen-
Chapter Seventeen-
Chapter Eighteen-
Chapter Nineteen-
Chapter Twenty-
Chapter Twentyone-
Chapter Twentytwo-

Chapter Five-

405 11 0
By morganraelynl

Chapter 5-

2 years ago

“Hey Taylor?  Can you get my bag out of my room?” Caden shouts from the kitchen.

“Get it yourself! Lazy lazy boy,” I giggle shaking my head knowing he was going to get me back for that.

“What was that?” Caden asks coming around the corner with a smirk on his face.  I take a step back then race up the stairs laughing the whole way.  Once I get to the top I run into a not to pleased Jessica.

“Jess!  Help!” I yell laughing hiding behind her as Caden gets to the stop stair.

“You guys are like two little kids, Caden leave her alone.  Taylor just get him his bag.  You’d think I was the oldest,” Jessica rolls her eyes, but no doubt has a huge smile on her face.

“What’s for dinner tonight?” I ask Jessica, turning to head for Caden’s room.

“How about some kind of pasta?” Jessica yells to me.

“Sounds good, right Cad?” I ask my brother.  Once I’m in his room I spot the bag on his bed.  His room is oddly clean for once it almost looks empty.  I walk back out of the room not thinking much of it.

“I won’t be home for dinner…” Caden informs us looking sorry.

“That’s the third time this week,” Jessica points out and I nod my head in agreement.

“Well, I’m busy.  Sue me,” he says rather rudely.  Jessica and I stare at him in disbelief.  His mood changes have been pretty drastic lately.

“Ok, well sorry,” Jessica says leaving the room.  It’s easy for her to stay mad at him, but for me its not the same.  Caden is like my best friend.  He’s there when I cry, when I miss our parents, when I just need someone, when I’m lonely.  He has always been there, him and Jess both.

“Look, I’m sorry Tay.  That was rude of me, I’ll try to make dinner tomorrow,” he smiles slightly at me pulling me into a hug.

“It’s ok.  Can you apologize to Jess though?  She just misses you,” I inform him.   He smiles down at me and nods.

“Yeah, lets go,” he says pulling me downstairs to find Jess.  Once we get downstairs we see her in the living room sitting on the couch facing the window, wiping her tears away.  Caden lets go of me and walks towards her sitting down next to her and wrapping her in a hug.

“It’s so hard Caden,” she tells him.  He makes her look up at him.

“I know we can do it though.  You are so strong, we’re all going to make it through this,” Caden reassures her.

“I just want her to have it better then we did,” I hear her whisper faintly.  I wish she wouldn’t be so hard on herself.  She is the best big sister.

“She does, Jessica you do that.  You make her life great, and don’t ever think any differently.  You keep this family together,” he tells her kissing her forehead then standing up.  I wipe the stray tears that made there way down my cheek.

“Bring it in!” Caden smiles with his arms out wide.  Jessica and I roll our eyes, Caden’s solution to everything is group hugs…  Jessica and I reluctantly make our way to Caden and hug it out until we’re all laughing.

“Alright, so everyone’s good now?  I’m going to leave, I’ll be back sometime tonight,” Caden says backing away grabbing his bag, and walking out the door.

Dinner was uneventful, Jess and I made smile talk, jokes, and laughed as always.  We do everything we can to distract ourselves from the three missing spots at the dinner table.  So after dinner we wash up, shower and get into our pajamas.  We meet down stairs for a movie night in the living room we set up three sleeping bags, knowing Caden would join us when he gets home.

Half way through the second movie I feel myself drifting to sleep, Jessica has already fallen asleep so I just leave the TV on so that Caden will see that we are in here.  Before I fall asleep I check my phone for the time and it says it past one in the morning…  Caden is out extremely later then usual.  Oh well, he’ll make it home, and with that thought, I let myself give in to the drifting and fall soundly asleep.

“Taylor, Jess,” I feel someone shaking me.

“Hmm?” I mumble at the same time Jess does.  We both sit up to see who woke us.  We find Caden sitting down in front of us with a stressed like expression.

“Hey,” he smiles at us.

“Caden please get to the point,” Jessica mumbles probably wanting to go back to sleep as much as I do.

“I love you guys,” he tells us quietly.

“That’s great, we love you too.  Why did you wake us up for that?” Jessica asks rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“Well, I just wanted you to know,” he tells his, giving us both a kiss on the forehead before backing away.

“Go back to sleep now,” he tells us and we do as he says.  I swear I see him wipe a tear, but I’m too tired to say anything about it.

“Love you Cad,” I mumble trying to get comfortable on my pillow once again.

“Love you too Tay,” he whispers back.  I hear footsteps leave the room.  I guess he doesn’t feel like camping out with us tonight.

“TAYLOR!” I shoot right up at the sound of Jessica shouting on the top of her lungs.

“Yeah?” I ask putting my hand on my chest looking around the empty room.

“Come here!” she yells from the kitchen.  I groan and sit up.  Making my way to the kitchen, once I get in there I find a crying Jessica.

“Jess?  What’s the matter?” I ask her running over to hug her.

“He left,” she cries.  Who left? What is she talking about?  Where’s Caden?

“Who left?” I ask getting worried.  Don’t say his name please don’t say it.

“Caden,” she chokes out.  I feel myself freeze where I am.  He left?  He left us?  He was supposed to be with us forever.

“This isn’t funny Jess,” I say backing away from her.  She shakes her head at me.

“This isn’t a joke Tay!  He left us each a note,” she says pointing to a table that has a folded piece of paper that reads, Taylor at the top.  I walk over to the table and hesitantly pick up the piece of paper.  I unfold it with shaky hands, trying not to cry.

Taylor,

I’m so sorry.  I’m leaving I can’t stay anymore.  I know I’m not the brother I should be.  If I were I’d be home for you and Jessica.  Jessica will be here for you now.  I’m so sorry Taylor.  Please don’t try to contact me.  I changed my number and got a new phone.  I love you, please don’t forget that Taylor. 

One last favor from you, one of these days you’re going to meet someone worth your trust remember that as well don’t shut down.  Not all people are as horrible as I am.

I wish I could explain to you guys why I had to do this, but I can’t.  Look after Jessica, she acts tough, but she needs you, almost as much as you need her.

Love you lots Tay.

Love, Caden.

Once I finish the note I wipe the tears that escaped from my eyes and glance up at Jessica who is too wiping her tears away.  I wonder what her note said?  Well, I guess that’s her business not mine.  I run over to her and wrap her in a hug letting out my sobs.

“Don’t leave me Jess,” I sob into her shoulder.

“Never Tay, I promised,” she tells me with a stern voice.  Even though everyone else has lied, let me down, and given me every reason to trust no one, I still believe her.

---

Now

The sound of rattling pans in the kitchen wakes me up.  I move my hands to rub my eyes only to have one be restrained by another hand.  Then I remember that I fell asleep holding Niall, and Harry’s hand.  Wait, why is only one person holding my hand now?  I open my eyes and see that Harry is still asleep and in fact is still holding my hand, but when I turn Niall is no longer there.  I sit up and look around to see where he went.  Once I sit up I see that he is the making the noises in the kitchen.  I slowly push my blankets back, careful not to wake Harry up, and slip my hand from his.  Once I stand up I straighten out my clothes and walk into the kitchen to join Niall.

“Morning, did I wake ya?” Niall’s Irish accent rings in my ears, I could definitely get used to that.  Wait what am I thinking?  I feel my cheeks start to redden, embarrassed from my own thoughts…

“Umm, yeah.  It’s ok though,” I say looking down on at the counter top.

“I hope you don’t mind, I’m making something to eat.  I’m just so hungry,” he tells me looking into our fridge.

“You won’t find much in there, mostly all healthy stuff.  Unless you want one of Jessica’s protein smoothies…” I smile at him and he returns it.

“I like this better,” he smiles at me.

“What?” I ask confused.

“I like that you’re willing to talk to me openly,” he tells me with just as big of a smile that he had before.  I blush at that, but some how smile back.

“Well, I do talk to people, it just takes me awhile I guess,” I admit shrugging my shoulders.

“No rush, so is there any real food here?” he asks me.  I giggle and point to the top cabinet.

“We have cereal up there,” I tell him.

“Captain Crunch?” he asks me excitingly.

“Yes,” I giggle.  He gets the cereal and everything he needs for it.  We hear everyone starting to wake up in the other room and soon the kitchen is filled with people.

“Do you guys have any carrots?” Louis asks once he makes it into the kitchen.

“Why would you want carrots for breakfast?” I ask him giggling.

“Because you can have carrots at every point of the day!” he exclaims and I put my hands up in defeat.

“Sorry!” I yell back and everyone laughs.

“So Jessica do you have to work today?” Liam asks her.  Jessica suddenly freezes then looks over at me.

“No I took the day off,” she says quietly.  I freeze as well.  How could I forget what today is…

“Are you sick?” Zayn asks looking confused.

“Umm, no… Today is an important day for Taylor and I,” she tells them.

“Taylor?  You ok?” Niall asks me.  I don’t respond or even move, I’m just frozen here trying my hardest not to burst into tears here and now.

“Jessica, is she ok?” Niall turns and asks my sister.

“No,” Jessica answers tears coming to her eyes.  Louis immediately reacts and pulls her into a hug while everyone just stares at Jess and I.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is!  I'm so sorry if the chapters are out of order on this!  I dont know what happened!  Wattpad mixed them up I'm so sorry!  Thanks for reading it means alot.  Let me know what you think! (: Thanks

Vote, comment, and Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
142K 2.4K 37
"I can't believe you're mine" ... "Anna, you have no idea how long I have wanted you to say that" ... "I love you too much, it is crazy how mu...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
743K 35.1K 58
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...