Chapter Sixteen-

Chapter 16-

“Taylor?  What’s the matter?” Niall comes into my sight, at first my heart melts when I see his worried expression.  Then I remember the rejection I just received, he shouldn’t be asking me what’s wrong… He doesn’t deserve to know.

“Nothing,” I turn my back on him.  Walking in the direction I think the bus is in.

“Taylor stop,” he begs me but I shake my head, knowing he is still looking at me.

“Fine, don’t look at me or talk to me, but please turn around and follow me to the bus before you get lost, I’ll even walk in front so you won’t have to talk to me,” he begs me once again.  I feel my face start to heat up at the embarrassment of going the wrong way.  I’m actually a little relieved he came, it’s starting to get dark out and I wouldn’t of been able to find my way back.

“Fine, but for the record I knew the bus was that way, I was just… Taking a different way,” I make up some excuse as I turn around.  I hear Niall chuckle softly, and I can’t help but smile a little at that, no matter how mad I am at him.

While walking I can’t help but stare at Niall’s back with longing.  Why can’t he like me?  Why does this have to be a one sided thing?  Why did Harry lie to me?

“So why were you upset before?” Niall yells over his shoulder without looking back at me.

“Doesn’t matter,” I answer back.  Niall comes to a sudden stop.  Then he turns on his heel looking me in the eye.

“Don’t say that, anything that makes you upset matters,” he tells me looking me dead in the eye.  I just slowly nod, and then roll my eyes as we continue walking. 

We make it to the bus, and find everyone else is already there.  Everyone is starring at us with expecting smiles but then they soon vanish when they see our faces.  I meet Jessica’s eyes and I lose is bursting into tears I run over to her and collapse in her lap.

“I saw him,” I mumble into her lap, but obviously nobody heard me.

“What the hell Niall?  What did you do?” Liam yells at Niall.

“We haven’t talked!  She was upset when I found her!” Niall yells defending himself.  I take the opportunity to put my head up and speak.

“I saw Caden,” I whisper to Jessica.  The room gets dead silent at that.  Jessica’s eyes watering.

“When?” she asks me.

“Right before Niall came.  He gave me his number.  I tell her as I take my phone out of my purse to show her.

“Let me call it!” she yells reaching for my phone, tears now falling down her face.

“We can’t!  He has to text me first to so I know it’s safe,” I tell her what I got out of what Caden explained to me.

“Safe?  Safe from what?” she asks me and I shrug.

“He was running when I found him, but he never said why, he just ran away again,” I tell her and she looks terrified.

“What has he got himself into,” she says shaking her head.  I simply shrug my shoulders and then we just drop it from there.

Nobody says anything except Harry and Niall who are whispering to one another.

Harry looks at Niall in shock then speaks louder than a whisper.

“You’re so dumb!” Harry yells hitting Niall on the back of the head.  We all stare at them but they have no further conversation as Niall leaves the room shaking his head, he is walking towards the bunks where we all sleep.  Well there is a bed that we take turns sleeping in, a lot of the time we just let Louis and Jessica have it.