Chapter Eleven-

Chapter 11-

Taking a deep breath Jessica and I hold hands and walk into the house together.  It’s been awhile since we both came here together.  I was actually here by myself last week to grab a couple of things and Jessica was here a couple days after me.

It is hard coming here, but when we come together because it reminds us of when Jessica, Caden, and I all lived here.  Those were the best years of my life, I was happy.  Well as happy as a girl could be without parents.  Now it just feels like I have this empty whole in my heart, something is missing or I should say someone.

“You go to your room and I’ll grab some stuff down here,” Jessica tells me and I nod letting go of her hand.  This house never changes it’s just a huge empty home, one that once held a broken family. 

When I make it up the stairs and open the door to my room something is different.  Something is missing, and things are moved around.

Where’s my picture of Caden and I?  I swear I left it here right on the desk.  I only kept it here because I was in a hurry packing and I knew I could come back for some stuff.  My jewelry box is also moved…

I had some expensive jewelry in there.  Quickly I make my way over to the box and open it.  I don’t see anything on top missing but when I lift the top part up I find money that definitely wasn’t there before.  I’m not talking twenty bucks ether, there could very well be a thousand or two here in cash…

What’s happening?

I look around my room a little more and find that not only is the picture of Caden and I missing, but so are a few more family pictures.  Now I’m even more freaked out, I can feel myself start to shake.

“JESSICA!” I scream running down the stairs.  I find her in the kitchen holding on to the counter for support.

“Jessica?” I ask her but she doesn’t respond.

“Jessica?” I say getting right in front of her and shaking her shoulders.  She finally looks up at my making eye contact.  A single tear falls from her cheek.

“What’s the matter?” I ask her freaking out a bit.  Jessica isn’t one to break down easily.  She usually keeps strong for the both of us.  Even though she doesn’t have to, she always has.  When she doesn’t answer me I start to freak out.

“Jessica please answer me, I’m scared,” I admit.  She looks up at me once again.   This time she opens her mouth to talk to me.

“It’s gone,” she whispers and I raise my eyebrow.

“What’s gone?” I ask her, and she chokes out a sob.  I come forward and pull her into a comforting hug.  Now I know for sure, someone has been here.  I just rub her back waiting for her to calm down, when I feel like she is capable of talking I ask her again.

“What’s gone Jess?” I ask her and she wipes her eyes before answering me.

“Last night Louis and I stopped here really quickly to grab a couple things from mom’s room, and I left my watch that Caden got me at our last Christmas with each other,” she tells me trying not to break down again.

That watch meant everything to her.  She never takes it off, she constantly wore it.  It was made of real gold and had diamond accents around it.  It probably wasn’t even worth that much; it just had so much sentimental value to it.

“Why did you take it off?” I ask her.  She really never takes it off.

“It kept getting caught on things when I was going through them, so I took it off and set it on the kitchen counter, and I forgot until we were already on our way back to the apartment so we decided that I would just come back and get it tomorrow, since we were already coming here,” she explains and I let out a sigh rubbing my forehead.