The Unexpected Love

By ameeliah

He is four-time World Champion She is the Project Analyst at United Nations Development Program He is protect... More

1. The Meet
2. The Conversation
3. The Day-Out
4. The Mail
5. The Wait
6. The Disclosure
7. The Jazz Gig
8. The Campfire
10. The News
11. The Breakfast
12. The Welcome
13. The Homemade Food
14. The Chief Architect
15. The Single Father
16. His Apology
17. The Shoes
18. The Anger
19. The Push and Pull
20. The Date
21. Interrupting The Moment
22. 31 Hours
23. The Roommate
24. The Game Of Seduction
25. The Diner
26. The Ultimatum
27. The Missed Calls
28. His Birthday Eve
29. The Parents
30. The Shirt
31. The Revelation
32. The Missed Race
33. Udaipur
34. The Wedding Guest
35. The Wedding Vows
36. The Proposal - Part I
37. The Proposal - Part II
38. The Conclusion
39. The Secret
40. The Baby
41. The Goodbye
Part II
42. The Chatty Couple
43. The Conditions
44. The Last Dance

9. The Mid-Night Calls

1.3K 41 7
By ameeliah

Last race's unfortunate incident keeps playing over and over. Jules Bianchi should be fighting for a seat in Ferrari at this point and not for his life. Stay strong, Jules! 

                      X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

"-they were super sick. If you'd seen them, you would've fallen in love!" He cried in excitement.

I hummed in response.

"Dia?"

I was too busy tallying the numbers and references to pay attention to what Seb was saying. I would just occasionally respond so that it doesn't look like I'm not paying attention. I'm such a smug!

"-I'm gay!" He said.

I hummed in response, again.

"DIANA JOSEPH! You aren't listening to me!" He shouted through the phone.

"Whaa- How can you say that? I-" Okay, now he had my attention. Complete. 

"Are you sleeping on me again?" There was a pause. "I didn't mean that, I wa-"

I laughed. "No, I'm not. And that was just once, okay!" I defended myself.

"Not unless that 'once' happens every night." He accused. 

"That. Is. So. Not. True. Mister. Take it back!"

In retrospect, it was definitely true. We both talk everyday; mostly, he would call me after he was done with his day. And that would be around 2 or 3 am. The time of the night that I either sleep without a care in the world or work. So, basically, it's not my fault. I try to give in my 100% to his call but usually my effort lacks from about 90%. But whatever it may be, I could never bring myself to tell him to not call at such odd times. I loved hearing his soft dreamy voice with a German accent. I didn't have to pretend when I was with Seb. Despite being a 25 year old frog I am, behaving like a 12 year old was natural to me and he never demeaned it. There were times when I felt that he was just like any other friend, a funny adorable guy I met in London. He was a 4-time world champion but he never displayed any kind of arrogance or pride that people with such achievements would normally have. He was like your guy-next-door.

"Admit it you were sleeping!"

"I wasn't. I was just.."

"Just?"

"Working."

"You make me feel like a radio." 

"That was the whole point." 

"You are so pa-" He sounded defeated.

I  interrupted him, "Amazing? I know, Bubbles. I just wake up everyday with no plans of surpassing my awesome-ness, but it just naturally happens." 

He chuckled. "Bubbles? Geez, Dia, you're nicknames are getting worse day by day."

"Hey you! Bubbles is a nice name."

"It's a girl's name for crying out loud."

"A girl who's way too innocent for her own good but is superly cute and has a heartwarming smile."

"Are you saying I'm super cute and that I have a heartwarming smile?"

"Pfft! Don't flatter yourself, monseiur!" I heard him chuckle again. "Anyways, how's China treating you"?

We talked for about an hour before saying our goodnight's.

********

The next night, I decided to call him in an attempt to strengthen my case should I decide to sleep during the poor man's call ever again. I swear those aren't intentional at all. It just happens.

He was rather surprised that I called to say the least. We talked about how exhausting his day which was quite occasionally interrupted by my sudden outbursts because I randomly remembered something and I just had to tell him before I forgot.

While talking to him I realised how I was always grinning or playing with a strand of my hair. Talking to him gave me the feeling that couldn't be replaced by mint-chocolate ice cream either. His voice transported me into a whole new dimension. It made me feel light as a feather, floating here and about. It was teenage-lovesick-puppy-days all over again.

Not wanting to flow in that direction, I quickly pushed those thoughts away. I can't let that happen!

Soon, Avi's Skype call interrupted our conversation. I disconnected Sebastian's call assuring him that I would call back in 10 minutes.

"Hey, fat-ass?" I grinned at Avi. He was way too annoyingly happy. "What's up with all the grinning?"

"Dianaaaa! Diana Diana!" He repeated my name over and over.

"Hey! I know my name. What's got you all frenzied?"

"Oie, when are you coming here? I kind of need to talk to you."

"Not anytime soon, bro! I've got too much work, plus now I'll be going to Sweden a lot more. What's going on?"

"Great!" He muttered sarcastically. "I really really need to talk to you, D!"

"That's why we are on Skype, butthead."

"No no. I need to talk to you in person."

"No, tell me now!"

"D, please. Oh, c'mon. Can't you do this for me?"

"No!" I said giving a every duh look.

"Look, if you come here then you can even meet that racer friend of your's too."

"Bribing me huh?"

"Diiiiiaanaaaaaa!"

"You come over here then?"

"Not possible. I've an important merger and few projects at hand right now. Please just a weekend. Or even a day. Palee-"

"You're the boss why can't you take a leave for a day? What's the point of being the boss then?"

"Diana, please, come over. I beg you!"

"Can't you do this much for me?"

"Oh, Diana, if I could I'd be standing at your doorstep right now. Please, buttercup."

"Well, I.. I am going to be in Sweden from Wednesday to Friday. I guess I can drop by then."

"I love you so fucking much, Diana!" I grinned at him.

"Yes, I know. I'm damn lovable." I could see happiness flowing in his eyes.

"You know, I hate this suspense thingy."

"You mean the world to me, D. I just want to do everything right."

"This is killing me, bro!"

"Please! Just wait. You'll love it."

With that I disconnected the call and messaged Seb asking whether he's still awake. He called me in an instant.

"Aww! You can't even stay 20 minutes without talking to me huh?" I could practically hear him smirk as he spoke.

"Oh my god, Bubbles, I can't live without you. You're the air to my lungs, the engine to a car, the sugar in my tea, the-"

He chuckled, "You don't even drink tea, love!"

"Are you mocking my undying and unconditional love?"

"Oh no! I wouldn't dare-"

I interrupted him for the nth time today, "I almost forgot. Where are you next weekend?"

"Why? You can't live without sniffing my scent?"

"Whaa- You've got to be kidding me?!"

"I know you sniff me everytime we meet, so let's cut the 'so-not-true' crappy dialogues that you always say." He had me shut this time. I had nothing to say!

"I jus-I'll be in London next weekend. I've a friend emergency, so."

"Yupp, I'll be there. Looking at the stats working out the stuff. Same old same old." I know he was all too happy with himself right now. That nerve!

"I'll see you then!"

*********

I stepped out of the airport to see Avi standing there looking all too handsome.

As I walked towards him, he held me in a literally breath-taking embrace. As we pulled apart, I felt a metal on my arm. I titled my head to see a ring around one of his fingers.

Is this what he whated to talk about?!

Suddenly, I felt a strong urge to collapse right there and cry aloud. I knew where this was going. Now I understood why he wanted to talk in person.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.7K 78
After a crash had prematurely ended Mollie's racing career she had turned her back on the world of motorsport. She had isolated herself from her frie...
237K 4.7K 60
It had been 10 years since the last time Valeria had set foot in a kart, or a circuit for that matters. She had grown up watching Formula1 with her d...
143K 4.2K 72
Neveah casts aside her fears and starts a relationship with Spanish motorsports star, Fernando Alonso who takes both herself and her child into his h...
62.7K 4.3K 84
Jessie was sweet, petite, sexy as hell and everything that Sebastian Vettel had ever wanted, but she was out of bounds, she belonged to another man. ...